gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

Thor/Shadow's possible. I do have to look back to think about Shadow/Karnos, and that might be difficult because I'm townreading Shadow still.

Honestly I think Shadow/Karnos is the scumteam hurt the most by Titus getting lynched since she's the strongest player out of the three of them (I think? never played vs. scum!shadow as far as i know), so it does make sense that neither of them chose to bus. All of the other teams had at least one busser on it, and I think Thor and Elyse are strong enough players to be able to give up Titus for the team.

I should also note that Thor tends not to bus as scum, so his play D2 does make sense as scum (there was pretty much zero chance of the Titus wagon stopping and he would have taken a lot of heat imo if titus flipped red from the vig shot if we went with no lynch because of the deadline)... Not sure if that eliminates Thor/Karnos as partners now that I think about it, there wasn't that strong of a push for Karnos.

also wb michel!
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Ok, I'm the 2shot vig. I shot at Shadow night 1. I had asked the mod if he got my night action just to make sure. I thought the he was doc'd or a self protective like a bulletproof. I wanted to get him locked into a claim but I didn't want to reveal why on d1 until I could atleast get one shot off. I had also wondered if I was blocked.

If Giga is right about Thor not bussing as scum then its maybe prob a Karnos/Shadow team.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2146, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i feel like town deserves to know this

i wasn't scumreading karnos D1 because of a game that was ongoing at the time. There, Karnos felt a lot more slimey and manipulative than he is here (where he seems more useless and close-minded), but I can't honestly townread him, so I put him at null. With a lot of obvtown yesterday and karnos's hesitation to join my wagon at first, it made sense that he was a Blitz buddy but I wasn't as sure about him as I was with Gerry (who flipped town). And now that 646 is over, I can't help but acknowledge that Karnos is responding to pressure a lot differently there than he is here. There has to be a reason...

For the record, I think only possible teams are Elyse/Shadow, Thor/Shadow, and Thor/Karnos so? Leaning towards Thor/Karnos atm. Elyse/Karnos is technically possible but very unlikely considering Shadow's result on her... Pretty much ensures that Karnos fakeclaimed vanilla as a Doctor or doctor encryptor or something, which seems unlikely.

Kraska, Nero, and Michel are all super obviously town. I know I'm town for a fact. So PoE dictates that the pool
has
to be out of those four, and Elyse/Thor doesn't feel like SvS for sure. Haven't thought much about Shadow/Karnos but I can't really see it. Thoughts?

karnos
, srs question: you
are
an ISTP right...? like i remember you took the quiz last game but does that personality type suit you in your opinion? this is a very important question in judging your alignment.
He got lynched day 1 in that game though as mafia so he would want to change his playstyle?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Any comments on what Nero wrote, shadow?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2151, Nero Cain wrote:Ok, I'm the 2shot vig. I shot at Shadow night 1. I had asked the mod if he got my night action just to make sure. I thought the he was doc'd or a self protective like a bulletproof. I wanted to get him locked into a claim but I didn't want to reveal why on d1 until I could atleast get one shot off. I had also wondered if I was blocked.

If Giga is right about Thor not bussing as scum then its maybe prob a Karnos/Shadow team.
I think you were rbed, or scum doc decided to protect me to fk town doc.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 2154, Shadow_step wrote:scum doc decided to protect me to fk town doc
That's a stretch
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Like I said earlier scum RB with X shots is a possibility because otherwise this game is too townsided IMO. Scum have no protection against a gunsmith getting a guilty on them and a tracker following the maf member to the kill. Esp with ascetic claiming on day 1 itself. It removed all the negative utility of the ascetic.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no scum wanting to fakeclaim town doc would protect you :/
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Elyse can only be scum if shadow is scum
If shadows town then scum definitely have two PRs and whoever returns vanilla is confirmed town
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Like I said earlier scum RB with X shots is a possibility because otherwise this game is too townsided IMO. Scum have no protection against a gunsmith getting a guilty on them and a tracker following the maf member to the kill. Esp with ascetic claiming on day 1 itself. It removed all the negative utility of the ascetic.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Pffft ignore the double post
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In before NC is SK lol
Maybe not seeing Gerry was such tasty lynchbait you wouldn't need to kill him.
Show

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:28 pm

In post 2159, Shadow_step wrote:Scum have no protection against a gunsmith getting a guilty
Doctors don't have a gun though, they're a godfather to a gunsmith...

i agree with shadow that nero is unlikely a serial killer because of the gerry kill at least
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Gunsmith
Tracker
Asetic
2shot vig

Gunsmith gets a false postive on me and asetic
Tracker gets a false positive on me and asetic

If we throw in a VT cop that gets a false positive on Asetic that seems like really odd.

What I do think makes sense is if
SCUM
have an information role b/c I think a scum doc/other protection AND a RB is alot of power. They could block a kill and stop an investigation role.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

meanwhile, town have NO protection from kills. Like none what so ever so I could easily see a setup where scum are given a doc so they can fake claim it and give town the more scummy seeming Asectic.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

maybe Karnos is the scum doc and advocates his own lynch thinking that Shadow could coast on a cop claim.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like a town VT cop does nothing for us in this setup. Even if we say "scum has 2 prs" and town has 4 thats still 4 false positives on top of the 4 we already get.

scum doc+scum investigation kinda makes sense.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm trying to find an issue with lynching Shadow but I really cannot think of one. If he's town, then we can be pretty sure that Elyse is town (I can't see the scumteam having both a roleblocker AND a doctor) and we should have a pretty easy MYLO tomorrow.

Plus if we mislynch (and I specifically do mean mislynch) someone other than him today he could fake a guilty in MYLO which would suck.

Also I'm confident enough that Kraska, Michel, and Nero are town and I would prefer not no-lynching in MYLO. Even with one confirmed townie there is no need to eliminate suspects because Nero is likely dying tonight, and if we no-lynch I probably die next so?

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

A town with so much investigative power, scum given doc just to fakeclaim is never going to work.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2158, kraska77 wrote:Elyse can only be scum if shadow is scum
Why Elyse and not you?
In post 2168, Shadow_step wrote:A town with so much investigative power, scum given doc just to fakeclaim is never going to work.
I'm not really seeing it. Like a scum doc is safe from Trackers and Gunsmith so?

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Yeah this applies to me too but I know what my role pm says ^_^
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:13 pm

VOTE: Shadow_Step

i guess my set-up spec sucked in the end... tbh i think he's more likely flipping goon/encryptor than vanilla cop, but he could viably be one so idk. There's practically a guilty on him which is good enough for me.

but yeah i can't see an issue with this lynch regardless of the flip. let's not quickhammer though because we need a decent plan for tomorrow in case it's MYLO.

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by kraska77 »

I think his claim is legit just not town after neros claim
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2172, kraska77 wrote:I think his claim is legit just not town

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Who do I vig tonight, Karnos?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”