Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2047, chilledtea wrote:
This game has been approved for both normalcy and balance.
I think 4 prs is kinda the max pr limit for a balanced game and even in the game that kraska linked that has 5...the masons are a passive one and doesn't do anything.

here we have a vt cop
a tacker
a vig
a GS

vs.

goon
some form of mafia protection
????

and thats not even factoring in a possible town ascetic.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

claim Karnos
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:21 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2051, Nero Cain wrote:claim Karnos
When I flip you will get my role. No point debating it now, just note my reads.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

so you are prob mafia ok

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:35 am

Post by karnos »

Actually it means my reads are probably dead wrong, so scum are happy to lynch me now.

But whatever. I can't debate "i wanna lynch karnos". If people want to play like town and give reasons why I am scum, I'll debate them, but apparently logic is not a part of this particular game.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:38 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2008, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:just a comment: titus has a well-established meta of never bussing her partners, yet she was doing everything she could to ensure I could get lynched. Why is she attempting to bus this time?

serious posts coming when i come home
Counter comment: if you look at my meta, you will find I bus all the time. You can't pick and choose pieces of meta to use to fit your argument and ignore everything else. ,
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What about your shit hammer on Maria

or

your townreading scum

why are we stupid for thinking you could be scum doing those things?

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:43 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 2054, karnos wrote:Actually it means my reads are probably dead wrong, so scum are happy to lynch me now.

But whatever. I can't debate "i wanna lynch karnos". If people want to play like town and give reasons why I am scum, I'll debate them, but apparently logic is not a part of this particular game.
youre still arguing giga is scum and havent followed up on your iso dive after my last post at you
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:45 am

Post by kraska77 »

and you havent done much day 1 and day 2
im trying to engage you but youve given me nothing to work with other than a call for a lynch on town
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:18 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2056, Nero Cain wrote:What about your shit hammer on Maria

or

your townreading scum

why are we stupid for thinking you could be scum doing those things?
How was it a shit hammer? There was less than 24 hours left, she already claimed, unclaimed, reclaimed, what else were we waiting for? Would you think I was more town if I let the day end in a no lynch?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Idk, it seemed lulz and self preserving.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

also your d1 readlist seemed pretty
IIOA
y

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1345, karnos wrote:Reads.

Shadow_step lurks a lot. voted me. probably scum because I am biased.
Thor665 logical player, hard to read.
Elyse seems towny, came to mostly same conclusions as me regarding transcends silly gambits.
gerryoat seems scummy, but might just be the EM play style shining through. unsure.
gigabyteTroubadour I miss the crying in spansish avatar. probably scum.
karnos I'm very town.
JarJarDrinks could jarjar secretly be the sith lord? probably not.
Nero Cain this seems to be some old player everyone respects. i don't like his reads so far.
I Am Innocent obviously town, his name isn't "i am guilty"
MichelSableheart awkward town, which some players read as scum. hope he gives some good insight before he gets misslynched
MariaR wildcard, fair chance of flipping scum but not my top vote for the day
kraska77 haven't read enough of her posts to say
Blitzkrieg "

There is also a lack of Blitz read.

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by karnos »

blitz read was the same as my kraska read. Am I secretly aligned with kraska too?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 2060, Nero Cain wrote:Idk, it seemed lulz and self preserving.
If you can't laugh at the game, you aren't having fun, you shouldn't be playing.

And wtf does self preserving mean? You think town!me wouldn't hammer likely scum maria to save myself?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 2061, Nero Cain wrote:also your d1 readlist seemed pretty
IIOA
y
iioa is the wrong word, there's no information in the first place

Thinking that Soraya Montenegro suits me more for my avatar (while also thinking she was crying? no, she was judging...) than laborwave Rosa Luxembourg is not only
wrong
but not even a reason to scumread someone.

To me, there's something really deceptive about giving a readlist with low-information and not doing it in a Ranger-style or something. When you look at the post in his ISO, it looks like he's providing reasons for his reads, but in reality you get a bunch of nullreads and filler.

The point of low-information readlists is to provide a
what
and create a discussion topic. If you say, show you have a controversial read, you give people the opportunity to press upon the read and ask you about it. That's not at all what I saw from Karnos's readlist. Instead, it tried to look like a high-information readlist and answer both a
what
question and a
how
question, except without actually doing it. I know Karnos isn't a complete newbie and if he were to write a readlist, I would have expect him to not give a bunch of nullreads with nonexistent reasoning EOD1... Again, it looks like fluff to make an ISO look better.

like literally as soon as i saw that post (and thanked karnos for the hammer (sarcastically :roll: :P )) karnos shot down from a nullread into scum territory in my reads.

Only thing that's stopping me from voting is that Gerry flipped town... Post-Titus lynch, he was my top scumread and Karnos made sense as a partner to both him and Titus. Now, I'm pretty stumped because I wasn't feeling scum!Karnos as much as I was feeling scum!Gerry.

At least the vig made a decent shot. I feel pretty strongly about this being a vig btw because I would think a serial killer would have actually killed me instead. It might seem egotistical, but I think that I'm a somewhat believable vig-shot (my slot is scummy enough, at least to karnos... plus, i was low-key baiting it yesterday, and high-key D1) and Gerry could have easily been lynched. I can't really think of any smarter serial killer targets. Otoh, a vig just has to shoot scumreads, which is what Gerry was.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

The blitz flip makes me think I was probably wrong on Giga. From what I remember, blitz was tunneling on Giga, without really looking for alternatives. As such, she was a strong cause of the development of a Giga wagon. Given that blitz was the lynch day 2, I would expect scum blitz to try to get an alternative wagon on a non-scum player, which makes Giga town.

That means I'll have to rethink the entire game though. I'll probably have to reread everything (ooh boy) looking for connections to blitz. Previously my trans/giga read colored the way I percieved everything being said. Due to the magic prereleases this weekend, I'm a bit strapped for time, so that might be a while.

I agree that Gerry is likely a vig kill. From the point of view of an SK, scumGerry would have been a good lynch. That reminds me of blitz' doc claim. She launched some discussion yesterday on there being a vig, and one of her accusers responded that this likely meant scum had a mafia doc. I'll have to reread the details, but I'm interesting in hearing what the thoughts on this are. Because if we have a vig who tried to kill night 1, it may be a good idea for him to claim his night 1 target, as it was likely stopped by a scum doc. A scum roleblocker probably wouldn't have led blitz to the vig speculation, and a town doc in addition to the two investigative roles that have flipped would lead to follow the cop scenarios so is unlikely.

Karnos, please don't self vote. Unless it's part of a game breaking strategy, your lynch is contrary to you achieving your wincondition. It's poor play as either alignement.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:05 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Thinking about it some more, with a tracker, gunsmith, vig in the game, mafia doc would make an awful lot of sense.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2063, karnos wrote:blitz read was the same as my kraska read. Am I secretly aligned with kraska too?
So, in your reads list from d1 you put a " next to her name and that was all. And now you are claiming that it was the same as kraska as I was supposed to know that?
In post 2064, karnos wrote:You think town!me wouldn't hammer likely scum maria to save myself?
I think you regardless of alignment would hammer Maria. There was also the fact that kraska was still campaigning for a Blitz wagon and maybe you wanted to hurry up and hammer Maria so there's no chance a Blitz deadline wagon pops up.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'd like Thor and Michel to claim please.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2029, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Why are people scumreading Nero Cain again?
Because they are silly or scum, duh.
In post 2038, Nero Cain wrote:inb4 michel/thor both claim pr and scum is giga and shadow :/
Would you like to massclaim today?
I think it's a good time.

Shadow should start the popcorn.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2065, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:At least the vig made a decent shot. I feel pretty strongly about this being a vig btw because I would think a serial killer would have actually killed me instead. It might seem egotistical, but I think that I'm a somewhat believable vig-shot (my slot is scummy enough, at least to karnos... plus, i was low-key baiting it yesterday, and high-key D1) and Gerry could have easily been lynched. I can't really think of any smarter serial killer targets. Otoh, a vig just has to shoot scumreads, which is what Gerry was.
SK would want to kill scum too, neh?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2029, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Why are people scumreading Nero Cain again?
Seriously what was his reason to scum read blitz pre-claim?
Ans. Meta
blitz was a goon anyway, NC setting up a hard bus on blitz from day 1, isn't unlikely at all.
In post 1947, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 1937, Nero Cain wrote:she's playing to her reactionary scum meta.
she's making up stuff like town has a vig and this is role madness and can't show any examples of a mini normal role madness game. This is a specificly designed idea to try to explain why there are more PRs than usual.

Claiming she'd vig IaI when she wasn't scum read him.

Like I'm not going to convince scum they are scum or thier buddy that they are scum so I'm just going to pray that Thor is the hero town doesn't deserve or Karnos actually goes through with his intent to hammer if enough ppl agree.
*round of applause*

Meta rocks, meta all the way --> Titus scum gogogo

Fuck meta. Look at intentions --> Shadow is scum.

Why the hell is Nero town again?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

SK would have shot Night 1 though.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum