eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:43 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 403, Grendel wrote:So to finish up I'd like to hear your hypothetical scum team.
Manuel is throwing suspicion on Square, but not voting or FOS'ing. That makes me suspect a Manuel/Square scum team is a possibility.

VOTE: Square World
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:45 am

Post by House »

In post 600, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 403, Grendel wrote:So to finish up I'd like to hear your hypothetical scum team.
Manuel is throwing suspicion on Square, but not voting or FOS'ing. That makes me suspect a Manuel/Square scum team is a possibility.

Why wouldn't it be scum casting shade on town?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 600, eagerSnake wrote:
I explained that it felt awkward that he only mentioned your summary on Rhazh but that doesnt mean i have to scumread him for that.
Also why would i throw suspicion on him if he was my scumbuddy?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Distancing/Buddying
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:11 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 601, House wrote:Why wouldn't it be scum casting shade on town?
I suppose it could be, but I feel like he wouldn't have chainsaw-defended him and would have more than just a 'null' read on the slot if that was the case.
In post 602, Manuel87 wrote:Also why would i throw suspicion on him if he was my scumbuddy?
And this is a classic WIFOM defense.
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 603, Gamma Emerald wrote:Distancing/Buddying
no if i wanted to distance myself from him i would voted him what good does pointing out one minor detail do in form of distancing?
I dont see how this would help me buddy someone can you explain why you would think like that?
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 604, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 601, House wrote:Why wouldn't it be scum casting shade on town?
I suppose it could be, but I feel like he wouldn't have chainsaw-defended him and would have more than just a 'null' read on the slot if that was the case.
In post 602, Manuel87 wrote:Also why would i throw suspicion on him if he was my scumbuddy?
And this is a classic WIFOM defense.
And this is a classic "i dont know an answer"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 605, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 603, Gamma Emerald wrote:Distancing/Buddying
no if i wanted to distance myself from him i would voted him what good does pointing out one minor detail do in form of distancing?
I dont see how this would help me buddy someone can you explain why you would think like that?
I meant Bussing, not buddying.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:46 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 606, Manuel87 wrote:And this is a classic "i dont know an answer"
There are plenty of reasons for why scum would throw suspicion on their buddy, and it's almost impossible to know which reason it is. I think you know that already. So why even ask that question? And then why doubtcast me just because I didn't drink your wine?
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 608, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 606, Manuel87 wrote:And this is a classic "i dont know an answer"
There are plenty of reasons for why scum would throw suspicion on their buddy, and it's almost impossible to know which reason it is. I think you know that already. So why even ask that question? And then why doubtcast me just because I didn't drink your wine?
Where did i doubtcast you? I simply asked you a question about your read that you still refuse to answer.
Even if there are plenty (i disagree with that statement btw) you should have had one in mind when you used the argument which on is it?
Also let me rephrase it a little. Why would i throw shade on my buddy in that situation?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:34 am

Post by eagerSnake »

You doubtcasted me by saying I "don't know an answer" to why you would cast shade on your partner, even though that question is apparently WIFOM, as I stated.

You've left yourself open to voting them later for town-credit, while at the same time chainsaw-defending him, and also fence-sitting the slot.
In post 609, Manuel87 wrote:Why would i throw shade on my buddy in that situation?
So you could say exactly this?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:36 am

Post by eagerSnake »

And yes, it could also be buddying. If you're scum and square's town, then it makes sense for you to keep yourself open to lynching him later (via shade-cast and fence-sitting), while at the same time chainsaw-defending him (buddying).
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:42 am

Post by House »

Buzz buzz buzz
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Manuel87 »

At best it would be suspicious if i voted for him when he is getting lynched for sure after that.
Do you say my argument is wrong that its awkward to only mention your read on Rhazh?
Other then you i will not lynch someone for his playstyle. Your argument about everyone starting as scummy is just an easy way of excusing a push on more passive players.
How is that buddying? Also keeping myself open for lynching him later is bullshit since that would be suspicious af.
I am still confident in my Jester vote but i think Eager is the best lynch for today.
UNVOTE: The_Jester
VOTE: EagerSnake
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:49 am

Post by eagerSnake »

VOTE: Manuel87

I'm lynching in Manuel and Square today. One or both are scum.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:54 am

Post by eagerSnake »

If Square's town: You would cast-shade on Square if he's town because that leaves yourself open to lynching him if you have to. You would chainsaw-defend him to buddy him because if you don't have to be a part of lynching him you could say "I was defending him."

If Square's scum: You would also cast-shade on Square if he's your buddy because that leaves yourself open to lynching him if you have to for town-credit. You would chainsaw-defend him to keep him from being lynched.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:57 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Then, when called out on it, you take immediately to the WIFOM, almost as if you had already pre-planned to say "why would I do it as scum?"

Fact is your interaction with Square makes absolutely no sense, and leaves yourself open to change stances, and I would be very surprised if that's coming from town.
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 616, eagerSnake wrote:Then, when called out on it, you take immediately to the WIFOM, almost as if you had already pre-planned to say "why would I do it as scum?"

Fact is your interaction with Square makes absolutely no sense, and leaves yourself open to change stances, and I would be very surprised if that's coming from town.
Actually if i changed stance on him right now that would be suspicious as i mentioned 2 times already so that argument is pretty bad at best.
I also mentioned that i had a similar read on on a player that wasnt to different from square in my first game here so tell me more about how it doesnt make sense.

So what is your reason for reading me scum?
Is your reason for reading Square scum still the same?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:20 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Manuel, you should add [wifom] tags for clarity.

Examples:
In post 609, Manuel87 wrote:[wifom]Why would i throw shade on my buddy in that situation?[/wifom]
In post 602, Manuel87 wrote:[wifom]Also why would i throw suspicion on him if he was my scumbuddy?[/wifom]
In post 605, Manuel87 wrote:[wifom]if i wanted to distance myself from him i would voted him[/wifom]
Also, you are more concerned about looking suspicious than determining his alignment.
In post 617, Manuel87 wrote:Actually if i changed stance on him right now that would be suspicious
My reasons for you being scum are clear, and Square also.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:22 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 613, Manuel87 wrote:Other then you i will not lynch someone for his playstyle. Your argument about everyone starting as scummy is just an easy way of excusing a push on more passive players.
So for you, everyone starts with no suspicion, and they accumulate it as they post? That line of thought will lead to scum lurking their way to a win.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:23 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 613, Manuel87 wrote:At best it would be suspicious if i voted for him when he is getting lynched for sure after that.
Do you say my argument is wrong that its awkward to only mention your read on Rhazh?
Other then you i will not lynch someone for his playstyle. Your argument about everyone starting as scummy is just an easy way of excusing a push on more passive players.
How is that buddying? Also keeping myself open for lynching him later is bullshit since that would be suspicious af.
I am still confident in my Jester vote but i think Eager is the best lynch for today.
UNVOTE: The_Jester
VOTE: EagerSnake
^^ Scum need to come up with bogus arguments for calling townies scummy.
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 619, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 613, Manuel87 wrote:Other then you i will not lynch someone for his playstyle. Your argument about everyone starting as scummy is just an easy way of excusing a push on more passive players.
So for you, everyone starts with no suspicion, and they accumulate it as they post? That line of thought will lead to scum lurking their way to a win.
Partly correct but they also accumulate trust.
You are wrong they will have to make votes and from those votes you can read them later.
In post 618, eagerSnake wrote: My reasons for you being scum are clear, and Square also.
I dont see any reason other then both of us presenting good arguments against you so please enlighten me.
Since you like acronyms i know one that fits you but i dont like it since i think its insulting so i wont use it.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:46 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Also, I notice that Manuel seems to re-actively post only when someone mentions him, instead of pro-actively posting. Nearly 1/3 of his posts in this game are on this page, after I pointed out his association with Square. I'd say at least 2/3 of his posts if not more are similarly reactive. So I ask:

How much does he seem to care about finding scum?
How much does he seem to care about not getting lynched?
My answers are "barely if at all" and "quite a lot", respectively.
In post 328, Manuel87 wrote:From my point of view i did more scumhunting then at least 6 other players in the game at that point.
Also this.. "at that point" refers to post 84. These are all his posts before 84 (4 posts), which doesn't look like he's doing much scumhunting to me:

Spoiler: Manuel's "scumhunting"
In post 17, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 14, The_Jester wrote:VOTE: Grendel

Sounds awful
VOTE: The_Jester

I like the idea
In post 21, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 18, The_Jester wrote:And what exactly do you like about it?
Well its similar to something i do when i play RT-Mafia with friends. I generally look for someone i know talks a lot and discuss ideas and speculations with that person while others can listen to it and argue if they disagree on something or agree with me/us. Its basically a way to keep the game going when you play with people that like to listen more then arguing.
In post 24, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 23, The_Jester wrote:
In post 21, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 18, The_Jester wrote:And what exactly do you like about it?
Well its similar to something i do when i play RT-Mafia with friends. I generally look for someone i know talks a lot and discuss ideas and speculations with that person while others can listen to it and argue if they disagree on something or agree with me/us. Its basically a way to keep the game going when you play with people that like to listen more then arguing.
Yeah but the game hasn't even started rolling yet. I could see that strat used when people run out of ideas/motivation and the game goes silent but it doesn't seem like a valid opening.
Hmm i think you got a point. If you choose a random person at the start you might end up with someone that isnt really active and the idea is ruined.
On the other hand it might motivate the chosen player to be more active dont you think so?
In post 71, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 44, gerryoat wrote: is your avi log horizon? it's my fav anime lol
Yes it is.

For setup speculation my guess would be 3 maf and 3 town PRs.
2 maf would probably mean a 3rd party or our PRs are weak/limited to one-shot.
3 maf and 3rd party seems unlikely.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:50 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 621, Manuel87 wrote:I dont see any reason other then both of us presenting good arguments against you so please enlighten me.
"Good arguments?" I haven't seen any from you.. or him.. your sole argument for scumreading me throughout this game has been that my vote on Square was "very bad," which is basically calling me scum for scumhunting. Why not use the same logic for the other people who voted Square?

CCC also voted Square, why aren't you scumreading him for it?
Gamma Emerald also voted Square, same question.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Huntress »

Eager, having just read this page I'm tempted to vote you purely for what I've read here, but I'll refrain for now as I still prefer to lynch CCC.

I'll be writing up my notes on you after dinner so I'll have more to say then.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”