Mini 518: Underground Mafia, The Nightmare is Over!

Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Setael »

It's taking me longer to read the thread than I expected. Unexpectedly busy in RL. I'm up to page 8 and will have time to read more tomorrow.

One thing I just read that really stood out: Mexal’s reaction to sudo_nym speculating about whether Mexal had a power role or not sounded town (post 173) but Jitsu’s reaction to the same issue sounded scummy, especially:
Jitsu wrote:You have put any town power roles in far greater danger of being NK'ed than they were before, in exchange for what information? Helping the town get a slightly better read on Mexal? If I were scum, I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

With subtly suggesting the massclaim earlier, and now providing valuable information to scum, you've now commited two cardinal sins of Mafia on Day 1. If you do come up town, this is probably some of the worst Day 1 town play I've ever seen.
This just sounded like something scum would say to someone they know is a townie.

A lot of meat already for the first 8 pages. Mmmm.... meat.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Mr. Flay replaces oEJo!

Vote Count as of Post 625

Korlash (4):
GunglingerKB, Adel, Sudo_Nym, Miztef

Miztef (3):
curiouskarmadog, jerubbaal, Mexal

Setael (1):
Jitsu

Adel (1):
Korlash

Not Voting (3):
Satael, Abstract Actuary, Mr. Flay
oEJo

12 alive, 7 will lynch.

(I will try my hardest not to confuse Miztef and Mexal again, but I believe this count is accurate)
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm here but it will take me a bit to read up on the thread. Back later tonight with some initial reactions.
Retired as of October 2014.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Adel »

Welcome Mr Flay! I haven't seen you in a mini before.

I know you were a moderator for mini 166, but I don't have you in my mini database as a player. When is the last time you played in a mini? Why did you choose to replace into
this
mini?

Just curious...
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Korlash »

First off Welcome and thanks Mr. Flay... (Great now we have two of them... )

>.>
<.<

What? I never said anything...
Jer wrote:He's one of those players about whom I never quite know what to think, because it seems like he can't really think straight.
I find that offensive.. making fun of me because I am unable to think straight.. I feel I think in a circle quite well thank you very much!
AA wrote: It still seems to me that anything from that list would be deemed scummy if Korlash did it.
No Comment! =D (kidding kidding...)
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Adel »

And it looks like Dodecamafia, while appealing to me as a former over-the-table gamer, shouldn't be in my mini normal database either.

Mr. Flay appearing in a mini-normal is an oddity.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by Korlash »

Dodecamafia? Who, what, where, how is that?

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Adel »

learn to research. google "Dodecamafia"
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by Korlash »

Fine...

*rolls eyes*

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Dodecamafia was the first game I ever ran here. :D It didn't have great balance, and yeah it probably wasn't strictly "Normal" although the only really weird balance issue was the critical successes/failures.
Korlash wrote:(Great now we have two of them... )
Two what?
Adel wrote:When is the last time you played in a mini? Why did you choose to replace into this mini?
  1. The game has been waiting for a replacement since October, but is only on Day One and won't require acres of back-reading, with 'only' 26 pages.
  2. I've never played a Mini Normal, actually. I've played lots of theme/mutation/experimental games, though...
  3. I like what I've seen of both the playerlist and the moderator so far.
  4. I just got nuked in my last Mini (literally) and have room to play in a few games. Since I had to back out of Newbie 465, I've replaced into two other games this week, to help alleviate the backlog.
More importantly, why do you
care
, Adel? I haven't started reading the game yet, but the welcome I've gotten so far has been decidedly odd...
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Post by Korlash »

Flay wrote:Two what?
Two "experienced" players. Not that I would ever call her experienced seeing as how she cannot even present a good reason as to why I am the top suspect.

Also now that this system of yours has pegged the wrong person, do you think you will ever again be able to run with it? seriously... I am so close to becoming a legend! =D

I can see it now...

*many games later*

Adel: Vote: PlayerX!

PlayerX: Why?

Adel: No comment!

Me: Oh I remember this, she is always wrong Vote: Adel

PlaerX: She is?

Me; Yeah check out this game: *link here*

PlayersX,Y,andZ: Ohhh... Vote: Adel

Mod: You have lynched adel, she was town!

o.O

Even in my fantasies I lose... WTF! ><

Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Miztef »

I for one am just really excited to be playing with such a veteran member of the site. Yay Flay!

Nothing much else to say though, I'm just waiting for this day to end really... However, I will listen to whatever others have to say though, with the replacements and such.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by Korlash »

Oh sure I bet you are... Anything to get the heat off your back eh? (Kidding kidding... Or am I????)

I'm interested... does the title of "WiKid" mean you started the wiki? Or that you do a lot of the editing?

GunslingerKB
GunslingerKB
Townie
GunslingerKB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by GunslingerKB »

Korlash, you just keep talking with the random junk that doesnt matter. I know I dont get a chance to post much, but you litter the thread unessicarily.
-The Gunslinger-
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by Adel »

Mr. Flay wrote:More importantly, why do you
care
, Adel? I haven't started reading the game yet, but the welcome I've gotten so far has been decidedly odd...
What about this game made you join your first normal mini? I'm not sure if the answer to that question will effect this game in any way, but you've made over 3k gameposts on this site, and you've never played in a normal mini before. That made me curious, so I asked a question. I think the question is significantly
less
odd than you joining the game in the first place.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by Korlash »

Gunslinger wrote:Korlash, you just keep talking with the random junk that doesnt matter. I know I dont get a chance to post much, but you litter the thread unessicarily.
yeah I am intentionally littering the thread with useless stuff. You have caught on to my master plan! Oh noes! [/sarcasm]

jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

Looking for an audience, Adel?
<><
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Abstract Actuary »

Thanks for replacing Mr. Flay. Very . . . brave of you. Ha.

And, seriously, Korlash, just stop posting crap. You don't need to make a googly-eyed response to every single comment, I promise. Please continue posting anything you have to say that is game related.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mr. Flay wrote:The game ... is only on Day One and won't require acres of back-reading, with 'only' 26 pages.
Well, THAT was a damn lie...*trout*

Okay. Awesome thread, lots of crunchy posts. Korlash should stop with the kneejerk posts and make more sense, but he's claimed Roleblocker, so I don't understand why there's still four votes on him. -1 for Miztef in pointing that fact out "in case anyone missed it", though. :?

Adel needs to stop with the Crystal Meth theories, though. Seriously, your overconfidence is going to be the doom of you, if not the entire town. I don't necessarily think you're scum, because your predecessor was a non-entity, but this overly analytical style isn't doing you any favors. Your "meta" on me finally joining a Mini Normal is
completely
off-topic.

Setael is a saint for replacing Anata112, but her role is still scum.
Vote: Setael
- abandoning one game in favor of another while being pressured is a
major
scumtell.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Korlash »

AA wrote:And, seriously, Korlash, just stop posting crap. You don't need to make a googly-eyed response to every single comment, I promise. Please continue posting anything you have to say that is game related.
naw... I'll post whatever I feel like... If you want to lynch me for it go ahead. But 9 times out of 10 the "crap" I post is actually my general feelings of the game hidden beneath a layer of jokiness. Either learn to live with it or don't. But unless the Moderator says it I see no reason to stop.

Besides if Adel is allowed to not post I think I am entitled to over post thank you very much.
Flay wrote:Korlash should stop with the kneejerk posts and make more sense
I tried to begin making sense a long time ago, after that a rumor about Y2K started and there was a huge Riot in Boston... People keep trying to tell me there was no connection, but I don't feel like taking that chance! >.> <.<
Flay wrote:Seriously, your overconfidence is going to be the doom of you, if not the entire town. I don't necessarily think you're scum, because your predecessor was a non-entity, but this overly analytical style isn't doing you any favors. Your "meta" on me finally joining a Mini Normal is completely off-topic.
Yeah I take back any scum thing I have said about Adel cause I really don't think what she is doing qualifies as a "scumtell"... man I hate that word... But I still think she needs a couple votes to stay in line. Just figured I would say it now instead of getting into a debate about whether or not I "think she is scum" later. ^^ (Take that people who say I only post crap!)
Flay... earlier... wrote:but he's claimed Roleblocker, so I don't understand why there's still four votes on him.
Yeah but they all seem to think I meant "mafia Roleblocker" or whatever that is... I am not a prostitute! (Well... maybe on the weekends...)

Still there is usually something to that "claim early" thing they keep using at me so i guess that is why I still have so many votes. I don't really mind the votes I just think they could be used elsewhere. But at least people are actively attacking the actives I guess... (Can't get much more active then me can you? XD Well maybe if you jack a rabbit up on crack and Redbull i guess...)
Flay...Again... wrote:
Vote: Setael
- abandoning one game in favor of another while being pressured is a major scumtell.
Do you mean Anata abandoning, or Setael? cause I don't see where Set abandoned anything...

Last thing:
Flay wrote:-1 for Miztef in pointing that fact out "in case anyone missed it", though.
What do you mean by -1? More scummy? Or less scummy? Also where did he point that out? cause if he had I would assume he wouldn't be voting me yet he is... So... I'm confuzzled here! (Yeah yeah yeah I know how ironic it is... shoot me...)

Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by Mexal »

Mr. Flay wrote: Setael is a saint for replacing Anata112, but her role is still scum. Vote: Setael - abandoning one game in favor of another while being pressured is a major scumtell.
I agree, but I'd like to hear what she has to say about the entire thread.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Adel »

This link will list all posts by Setael, starting with the most recent.

She's made 16 posts in other games since her most recent one in this game, and many many posts in other games since she replaced in.

Mr. Flay says that this is a scumtell, because Anata was under pressure and Setael is currently active in other games while not being active in this game.

I do not consider it a scumtell, and I question whether Setael was really under pressure at all. Probably another of my Crystal Meth theories :)
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Mexal »

Adel wrote:This link will list all posts by Setael, starting with the most recent.

She's made 16 posts in other games since her most recent one in this game, and many many posts in other games since she replaced in.

Mr. Flay says that this is a scumtell, because Anata was under pressure and Setael is currently active in other games while not being active in this game.

I do not consider it a scumtell, and I question whether Setael was really under pressure at all. Probably another of my Crystal Meth theories :)
Actually, that's not what I think he was considering a scumtell.

I think his point was that Anata left after being pressured and played actively in a new game. That was his scumtell.

As for Setael posting in other games, it doesn't bother me much. This game is extremely meaty and might take her a little bit to get through.
Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by Mexal »

EBWOP: Setael replaced into the game for Anata.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by Adel »

natch- my error. I thought he was referencing Sateal's recent lack of activity in this thread.

I don't know if Anata abandoning the game is a scum tell or a just a newb tell- mafia is far less fun for most people when there is a wagon on you. Role and alignment doesn't change that much.

Mr. Flay: in the newbie games you can recall, and on a percentage basis, who is more likely to drop out of a game on day 1: a town-aligned player with a wagon, or a scum-aligned player with a wagon?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”