Open 646 - Semi Nightless - Game Over (D6)

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Transcend »

I redeemed myself after my shitshow of a D1, by having decent reads. I had it narrowed down to pretty much you/Rosske/Luna Fox. I'm proud of myself for doing that within 9 other people.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Transcend »

I voted you multiple times but my incorrect better judgment told me to stick with Luna or Rosske
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Transcend »

Hypotehtically if me and karnos were scum and got Io lynched, that doesn't mean that karnos would be lynched the next day. Both of us are competent wolf players and probably could've made it to the end without getting lynched.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@giga: going back to
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p8300914

1.03: karnos does NOT hop on to thor, despite shading him multiple times and it being a potentially easy way to move the conversation away from him. Why? Because his buddy was on there and it'd look bad to bunch votes.

1.07: why doesn't transcend if a wolf hop on io? Because karnos was already there, and momentum existed to eventually lynch karnos (even if he lived a day somehow), and if you're playing to win, that ties trans to karnos really badly
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2927, Transcend wrote:Hypotehtically if me and karnos were scum and got Io lynched, that doesn't mean that karnos would be lynched the next day. Both of us are competent wolf players and probably could've made it to the end without getting lynched.
no, but it could tie the two of you together, so that when karnos (or you) flipped, the other would be implicated. a flagrant save attempt there is plausible but somewhat obvious. an attempt to push the wagons and discussions in an entirely different direction, though, is also an entirely valid approach either to save your buddy or at least to prep the way for future mislynches if he's going down regardless.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 106, Luna Fox wrote:Honestly tho Transcend's logic is so far out there.
That i hardly believe they'd try to mislynch me with it.
So maybe they're prob town.
This was when there was an early push on karnos. What is trans doing? Changing the conversation. It probably didn't even matter if he lynched Luna with the push or not; most likely the goal was to take pressure off of karnos and let momentum swing elsewhere, either to Luna or to some other slot that could absorb heat after town's attention drifted.
Show
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Transcend »

you don't know how the game would've played out with me/karnos wolf so you can't make any assumptions.

i cant either, but i'm confident if i'm wolf I would either give him an out or just directly bus him like you did, rather than pushing vanity lynches that honestly wouldn't happen and basically indirectly bussing him.

I made an incorrect judgment based on falsified meta based on falsified reads and that's all there is to that. that was me playing to my town wincon. not my scum wincon.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Transcend »

Biggest mistakes this game

- Townreading karnos
- Focusing mmore on Luna Fox and Rosske when mhsmith's vote hop was terrible
- Stillfocusing on Luna/Rosske after KTS flip shenaningans from mhsmith
- Not sheeping wingbaack over myself on d4

I really can't think of anything else, I tried my ABSOLUTE FUCKIGN DAMNDEST 3 FUCKING HOURS to get mhsmith lynched and tenshii saved and i fucking failed and i'm fucking furious because tenshii giga and thor were obvious fucking town.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2932, Transcend wrote:Biggest mistakes this game

- Townreading karnos
- Focusing mmore on Luna Fox and Rosske when mhsmith's vote hop was terrible
- Stillfocusing on Luna/Rosske after KTS flip shenaningans from mhsmith
- Not sheeping wingbaack over myself on d4

I really can't think of anything else, I tried my ABSOLUTE FUCKIGN DAMNDEST 3 FUCKING HOURS to get mhsmith lynched and tenshii saved and i fucking failed and i'm fucking furious because
tenshii giga and thor were obvious fucking town.
^ odd thing to say considering that Trans was openly suspecting Thor. Giga being "obvious fucking town" also stands in marked contrast to trans's whole "I'm gonna solve this game today no matter how many questions I have to ask" bit.
Show
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Transcend »

hey well you waffled too. it didn't take me long to gain my composure though.

you had several walls that went back and forth between "trans season" "giga season" "trans season" "giga season"

i suspected thor on what

day 2?

that read dissipated quickly when you were scumming up the game as well as rosske.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Consider this sequence.
In post 90, Transcend wrote:Oh and also i fos luna fox for early defense on me before i had even allotment told.

Karnos' response to the questionnaire doesn't read fabricated to me.

VOTE: Luna Fox

[
Trans ignores Io's 75, and only makes a lazy read of karnos's RQS not being fabricated.

Then there's a lengthy back and forth between trans and Luna about her "buddying", followed by
In post 116, Luna Fox wrote:Ok, now, do you have any reads other than your fos on me.
In post 117, Transcend wrote:not really other than io leans town
In post 118, Luna Fox wrote:What do you think about Karnos then.
In post 120, Transcend wrote:nothing at all other than his vote is probably wrong.
PEDIT: My luna case is srs bsns pls stop laughing at me.... :((((
In post 123, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 120, Transcend wrote:nothing at all other than his vote is probably wrong.
Are you srs.
He's boldly accusing your townread of lying.
In post 124, Transcend wrote:Also I have no idea why, but everyone has a knack for mistyping my username.
PEDIT: i don't care if someone else foses my townread. like you said we're all gonna have different reads this game. his vote on io wasn't scummy to me, even though i think it's wrong.
He shows no real intellectual curiosity at all about Io v Karnos. Marked contrast to his typical town games where he bounces around between ideas and suspicions (see links I sent earlier today), and even without meta a strange reaction to an accusation of fighting to essentially hand-wave it away as TvT.
In post 127, Luna Fox wrote:I agree it's wrong, i think its probably some misunderstanding/misrepresentation going around and i mentioned that earlier, but i wanted to know your opinion.
And then...
In post 134, Transcend wrote:
In post 64, Thor665 wrote:
In post 63, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:So, Thor, the vote on Karnos was just RVS?
No - what part of 'I townread you' is confusing?
You are a townread.
You're voting Karnos.
Ergo, if I'm right about you, statistically by voting who you vote I'm more likely to target scum.
HOLY FUCK THIS POST IS 20 LEVELS OF AWFUL
VOTE: Thor
Changes topic of conversation, once again deflecting attention away from karnos (and also away from his lack of curiosity about karnos) onto chainsawing a Thor vote. Remember, trans just said Thor was "obvious fucking town"... and yet trans spent most of D1 trying to get Thor lynched.
Show
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

just
i know one of you is confscum
but can we try to keep it civil... sorry, i woke up and got worried that this might get a little toxic.

likely going to make post discussing actual opinions when i decide to not phone post. it's harder to articulate thoughts on a phone
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Transcend »

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

You're using my day 1 scumread against me that I changed after the flip

Good 1
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Transcend »

I mean it was still very very lightly there, just like my shit on Giga was from the past but you and Rosske and LF were myy heavy scumreadsand the more the game went on, the more Thor and Giga obvtowned.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2936, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:just
i know one of you is confscum
but can we try to keep it civil... sorry, i woke up and got worried that this might get a little toxic.

likely going to make post discussing actual opinions when i decide to not phone post. it's harder to articulate thoughts on a phone
sure. i don't think either of us has stepped over any kind of line, it's a game, we're both trying to win, and we're trying to convince you. It's easier for me because there's an actual case but I don't think there's been a civility issue.
Show
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Transcend »

Like Thor's d1 was questionable

Giga's d2 was questionable

But the rest of the game they were obvious town and I really had no doubt that you or Rosske were final wolf after Luna replaced out the way she did.

Off topic but if I were scum I would've requested a fast night too. We had to wait 48 fucking hours just for one measly action. Every night should've been a speed night imo. Good call there mhsmith.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1725, Transcend wrote:@Wing

My read on Thor d1 before Karnos flipped:

Shifty as ****. His vote was horribly placed. I still am not ENTIRELY over it.

My read on Thor now:

Given I possess a scumread on Rosske and he's tunneling Tenshii right now. I believe he's misguided town. However due to his weird d1 and his weird vote, my lynch list would be Rosske > MHSmith > Thor. Meaning if your slot, Tenshii's slot or Giga's slot is scum, I will openly lose the game, given I get those lynches.
In post 1793, Transcend wrote:If it's tenshii vs thor I'm lynching thor

I still want to lynch Rosske
In post 1869, Transcend wrote:Oh yeah and wing is lock town too. Luna was a weirdo but I've concluded that i just didn't like their playstyle and was more prone to find their motives weird.

The thor / tenshii spat feels tvt but if one person in that duo is scum, it's thor. But I'd lynch ross and smith before touching thor. Which likely means I'll have to give a congratulatory hand shake to him if he's scum since i can't see him lynched here.
In post 1871, Transcend wrote:Combo of both. I think their pushes are both town motivated but just wrong. While I've had tenshii as town all game, and thor as lean town for a few days now.
In post 2355, Transcend wrote:assuming sonia flips vt and not wolf

1. Ira (I've decided there's no way this slot is scum. Period. Including the replace out, including Wing's analysis, including the little bit ira has said.)
2. Tenshii (This is my best townread that isn't confirmed town.)
3. Giga
4. Thor
5. Mhsmith

T>S don't see myself lynching the top 3 ever.
In post 2362, Transcend wrote:Giga's lock town. He gets a W if he's wolf. That's all.

Thor vs. Tenshii reads heavily town vs. town. If I'm ever forced to lynch in that cross, I'm going with Thor.

MHSmith was sorta manipulative. The way he placed his votes this game have been somewhat awkward. It's gotta be mhsmith.

Feedback?
In post 2375, Transcend wrote:thor is a big meanie >:(

i still feel justified.

i have openly welcomed rope around my neck since about D2. i'll still welcome it if you wanna policy lynch me, just don't fuck up LYLO.

imagine you guys being the town that blew 5 lynches and handed scum a game.

@smith

bc tenshii has been my tr all game. thor has not been my tr all game. i'm openly fine losing to Tenshii if he's bum-fucked me all game.
In post 2427, Transcend wrote:Thor's scum if you're not and I'm gonna get creamed by him if you flip green.

Luckily after carefully reading you and your predecessor, their actions seem the most scum-motivated.
In post 2460, Transcend wrote:i also don't understand why you're apparently upset with me about the way i have my reads. tenshii's been my best townread and nothing including all the cases made against him, and all the wrong votes he pursued has changed my mind. i don't think you're scum either thor. i don't think giga's scum either. i've given my stance. don't agree with it? fine. but it is what it is.
In post 2508, Transcend wrote:
In post 941, Thor665 wrote:KTS, Rosske, and Transcend - I'm leaning towards a scum in that set.

urp looks like thor had rosske!scum thoughts as well.

this guy is an ass and i hope i don't have the displeasure of playing with him again.
more on "obvious fucking town" Thor. This is not how someone talks about an "obvious fucking town" slot.
Show
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:23 pm

i'm worried and it was more of a warning anyway
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Transcend »

oh and mhsmith and i will be cool after this game. he's been playing SUPER hard as scum the entire game and he's going 20 times as hard today. So extreme aggression will be seen from me and I will do nothing to stop it.

like i said, i mad respect the guy.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2940, Transcend wrote:Like Thor's d1 was questionable

Giga's d2 was questionable

But the rest of the game they were obvious town and I really had no doubt that you or Rosske were final wolf after Luna replaced out the way she did.

Off topic but if I were scum I would've requested a fast night too. We had to wait 48 fucking hours just for one measly action. Every night should've been a speed night imo. Good call there mhsmith.
I always prefer speed nights. OTOH if we're going to go there (and hey you brought it up) I'm also not awake at that time, it's 5AM local. So either I did a request well in advance or I literally could not have been around to make that request. I think that's a cheap way to win though, would rather giga actually chose based on the more substantive stuff.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2943, Transcend wrote:oh and mhsmith and i will be cool after this game. he's been playing SUPER hard as scum the entire game and he's going 20 times as hard today. So extreme aggression will be seen from me and I will do nothing to stop it.

:lol: I respect your scum play Trans. I'm happy to match wits with you, and doubly happy to actually do it as town (seriously, you should actually read some of my scum games sometime, I'm like REALLY not good at it).
Show
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:26 pm

i don't think transcend's way of talking about thor contradicts that obvtown sentiment

it's more that tenshii and i were townier and luna was as good as conftown...

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:26 pm

still pretty much 50/50 on this though. i can't sleep obviously

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Transcend »

It's a matter of:

Giga and Tenshii were shittingly blatant town

Thor was fairly obvious town

You were the only logical scumspect but IF it was NOT YOU then i probably would've gone with Thor.

PEDIT: Giga sleep just let us fight we won't break too much >:)
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 2945, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 2943, Transcend wrote:oh and mhsmith and i will be cool after this game. he's been playing SUPER hard as scum the entire game and he's going 20 times as hard today. So extreme aggression will be seen from me and I will do nothing to stop it.

:lol: I respect your scum play Trans. I'm happy to match wits with you, and doubly happy to actually do it as town (seriously, you should actually read some of my scum games sometime, I'm like REALLY not good at it).
Well I'm reading one of your scum games right now and I think you're playing phenomenally!

Return to “Completed Open Games”