Vote Count

deepthought (5)
- Nudude, liamcool, Thanatos, charter, Disciple Slayer
liamcool (3) - Gorgon, Hang'em High, deepthought
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (1)- Lord Nikon
Disciple Slayer (1) - VampyreLord

Not Voting (2) - Infinitive, Dark_Lady_Shaiann

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

While I wait to hear on VL, I can give you your requested analysis Thanatos.

Simply, I wasn't convinced by DT's logic to not go with your plan, and then gorgon changed my mind with a single post.

I don't feel he is the GF at least. A GF would at some point relent, because a) it wastes an investigation and b) makes him look innocent, and DT has been too "Don't investigate me". I feel a sane cops investigation would show us DT's true alignment.

The cop needs to do what they think is best. On one hand, I'd strongly recommend investigating DT if we decide to lynch someone else, even though this may waste an investigation

On the other hand, I'd say don't listen to me and make up your own mind, because if the scum know what your gonna do, then they can plan accordingly, like if they know your going to investigate DT, then they'll be forced to NK him if he is indeed the doc.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Infinitive »

I feel uncomfortable saying this (j/k), but... I agree with Deepthought for once.

Liam has been rather scummy and flew right under my radar. He seems, to me, to be about as scummy as Deepthought is. However, I'm going to stick on DT for the moment because, given that the two of them are more or less equally scummy in my eyes, there is rather more public scrutiny on DT right now.

I WOULD really like a cop investigation of either or both of them, but I suspect that I'm probably not going to get my wish.

As a final note, I agree that we need to step away from cop strategising and figure out who the lynch target is going to be. I haven't really seen any new information pop up in the past several pages, so it might be time to make our choice, and then use that information to move forward (if nothing else). This is, of course, contingent upon the presumption that nobody else is getting any useful information that I've missed; if so, I'd really like to hear it.
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Thanatos »

deepthought wrote:
Gorgon wrote:There's also the possibility that you just walked into a rolefishing trap set by DT though.
If I were scum, I'd read his plan as "Whoever the cop is (NOT ME), some other player of whom I have no knowledge, should hypothetically (BECAUSE I WON'T) do this instead of me." I probably wouldn't take that kill, assuming Thanatos is town.

Truth be told there are really only two players I have in mind as likely cops.
Gorgon wrote:Um, that's pretty much the cop's job description. As soon as the cop has a guilty, he should come forward immediately.
Not always. Generally you want cops to verify (or narrow) their own sanities with 2+ investigations so you don't get the insane cop coming out and saying "GUYS, I GOT IT, DEEPTHOUGHT IS SCUM" and lose both power roles.
Exactly. If I was the cop, why would I need to present this plan. I could just go ahead and do it.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Thanatos »

And as I've said before, Liamcool is a fine, fine target if we choose to leave DT alone today.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Infinitive »

We know what you think of him, Than- what about everyone else?
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Thanatos »

Really, very little has changed since my initial opinions on page six, except that I'm more inclided to think that Disciple Slayer is town, though a jerk.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:06 am

Post by charter »

Nudude wrote:The cop needs to do what they think is best. On one hand, I'd strongly recommend investigating DT if we decide to lynch someone else, even though this may waste an investigation
Investigating DT is an utter waste. Even if the cop is sane, and finds DT is a townie or doc, the cop won't be able to convince the town DT isn't scum without blatently revealing himself, which would be stupid unless he has scum to reveal as well.
Nudude wrote:On the other hand, I'd say don't listen to me and make up your own mind, because if the scum know what your gonna do, then they can plan accordingly, like if they know your going to investigate DT, then they'll be forced to NK him if he is indeed the doc.
I'd say don't listen to you too.
Infinitive wrote:I feel uncomfortable saying this (j/k), but... I agree with Deepthought for once.

Liam has been rather scummy and flew right under my radar. He seems, to me, to be about as scummy as Deepthought is. However, I'm going to stick on DT for the moment because, given that the two of them are more or less equally scummy in my eyes, there is rather more public scrutiny on DT right now.
Of course DT is going to find the next most suspicious person and try and make them look as guilty as possible. He doesn't want to get lynched, and making someone look scummier than you is a good way to save yourself for a day or two. I also agree that liam hasn't helped the town, but I'd chalk most of his doings up to being a newbie or stupid. It just hasn't struck me as scummy.

I've been very busy, and this week isn't going to be any different, so I won't be able to post very much.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Gorgon »

charter wrote:Investigating DT is an utter waste. Even if the cop is sane, and finds DT is a townie or doc, the cop won't be able to convince the town DT isn't scum without blatently revealing himself, which would be stupid unless he has scum to reveal as well.
Well, you missed the part of the plan where it was implicit that if the cop remained silent, DT would be presumed to have been investigated as innocent. Not that I agree with the plan though ...
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Nudude »

I'd like to hear a bit more from DLS and HeH. What do you think guys?
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:02 pm

Post by Disciple Slayer »

Thanatos wrote:[I don't think we're going to kill you tonight.

By not killing you, the scum has two options. (assuming you're town)
Hmmm. Don't quite know what to make of this.
Nudude wrote:I'd like to hear a bit more from DLS and HeH. What do you think guys?
Sounds like a plan. It's funny how DLS posted so rapidly during the shitstorm, but now that things are getting serious she posts nothing at all. Her selective posting is noted.

The cop, whoever it is, should investigate liamcool if DT gets lynched, and vice versa if the opposite happens. Doesn't mean he has to come forward with the info, but one of the two should definitely be investigated.

@DT

Are you and liamcool partners in crime? Are you setting it up so that if one of you gets lynched and turns up mafia, suspicion on the other will lessen due to your blatant fingering of each other?
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:30 pm

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

It's not funny, it's natural. I said my 2 cents earlier about DT, and then the thread slowed down and I didn't have a reason to be here every 5 seconds.......

Anyway....

I'm thinking of a few worst case scenarios for these plans that people have thought up as far as the cop investigating DT. I'm not completely sure if these have been covered or not, if so forgive me. Normally when I do try to read and catch up I'm at work where I am a receptionist and every time some one comes through the door I have to close everything. So I sometimes forget where I was and start some where else. So......

1) What if we don't have a cop? If silence means that DT is town, and we don't have a cop, that doesn't really prove anything.

2) What if DT is mafia pretending to be doctor, and one of his scum buddies decides to pretend to be cop and clears him. Then what happens? We wait a few game days and wait for one of them to get NKed and if they don't then we kill them off ourselves?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:It's not funny, it's natural. I said my 2 cents earlier about DT, and then the thread slowed down and I didn't have a reason to be here every 5 seconds.......

Anyway....

I'm thinking of a few worst case scenarios for these plans that people have thought up as far as the cop investigating DT. I'm not completely sure if these have been covered or not, if so forgive me. Normally when I do try to read and catch up I'm at work where I am a receptionist and every time some one comes through the door I have to close everything. So I sometimes forget where I was and start some where else. So......

1) What if we don't have a cop? If silence means that DT is town, and we don't have a cop, that doesn't really prove anything.

2) What if DT is mafia pretending to be doctor, and one of his scum buddies decides to pretend to be cop and clears him. Then what happens? We wait a few game days and wait for one of them to get NKed and if they don't then we kill them off ourselves?
1) Just because no one is counterclaiming doc doesn't mean he's automatically town. I think the real doc's just being smart and laying low.

2) In that case, the real cop will have to counterclaim. If two scum roleclaim and try to support each other like that, it should be easy to tell and they'll get lynched pretty quickly. The roleblocker, if there is one, will know who to block, too.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:18 pm

Post by liamcool »

Can I ask who believes DT is the doctor and who doesn't?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:20 pm

You know what I think. He's bluffing.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:14 am

Post by Nudude »

See here's the thing, I'm convinced DT is scum, so it makes it hard for me to use what he says in my thought processes. I want to be objective about this, but I everytime I try to ask myself "Assume DT is the real doc, what does X mean?" I feel like I'm I'm trying to apply a logical process to something that is not logical. Metaphoricaly, I feel like I'm asking myself "Assume there is no gravity on Earth, what does X mean?".

I'm having a hard time trying to justify some of DT's actions. He's made a few plays that I could concieve a newbie townie doing, but DT is experienced and knows what he's doing.

In summary, I think he's bluffing.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:34 am

Post by Infinitive »

I think he's bluffing too.

Problem is, as I go back and read some of his posts since he claimed doc, I'm getting a weird read off of him. I don't want to say anything right now because it goes against everything I've said thusfar in the game, but I just wanna give people the heads up that i need time to stew for a bit.

I'm pretty sure he's not doc tho.
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:55 am

Post by deepthought »

I think it'd be just super if VL started playing the damn game and Nikon's replacement showed up.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:50 am

Post by charter »

liamcool wrote:Can I ask who believes DT is the doctor and who doesn't?
I don't think he's the doctor. He admitted to thinking about which role to claim, and wound up with doctor because no one would prove him otherwise.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:27 am

Post by Nudude »

Hey guys, just a quick question. Is there any particular rules relating to D0 actions in this format, or does it vary from game to game?
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:28 am

Post by Thanatos »

liamcool wrote:Can I ask who believes DT is the doctor and who doesn't?
...I'm not sure...but...I think if it came down to it, I'd say he's bluffing.

(As I told gorgon, that was a slipup. I meant today, but somewhere in my mind I atatch Dusk to night.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Thanatos »

Nudude wrote:Hey guys, just a quick question. Is there any particular rules relating to D0 actions in this format, or does it vary from game to game?
....There is no N0 in this game, unless I'm mistaken.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

Whether to start the game in day or night is up to the mod. This was a day-start game.
Political Correctness offends me.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Well....this is where I am. I'm pretty sure that there is scum on the DT bandwagon.

1) DT is scum pretending to be doctor and his scum buddies are purposfully lynching him to gain trust, and are fairly certain that suspision will come back on those who did not vote, namely Infinitive and myself.

2) DT is town and scum thought it would be an easy lynch. I don't think DT would have said something so completely off the wall (in regards to him saying that he was thinking about claiming cop to mess with the town) unless he thought that claiming would clear him, not further suspisions. It almost seems like a slip up to me, and it also goes along with my first scenario, ie: He's trying to get himself lynched. I think hes experienced enough to pull it off.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:02 pm

Infinitive wrote:I think he's bluffing too.

Problem is, as I go back and read some of his posts since he claimed doc, I'm getting a weird read off of him. I don't want to say anything right now because it goes against everything I've said thusfar in the game, but I just wanna give people the heads up that i need time to stew for a bit.

I'm pretty sure he's not doc tho.
Infinitive, I think everyone would like to know your read of DT. Don't withhold information from us. Spit it out, man. We want to know what you think.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:36 pm

@Infinitive, DLS

Just noting that it's 17 pages into D1 and you still aren't voting for anyone.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”