Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, RR moves up to "as good as confirmed Town" (I won't be explaining why). Skybird also moves up to the same level, but this one I can explain if you want to rant about nothings for the rest of the day.

In fact, it's bc allying with Steven Universe got mod-confirmed in public. If Sky was scum I very much doubt she would've been allowed to ally with SU in the first place, let alone be told it IS SU they've allied with.

I'd also suggest the lack of such a mechanic similar to the monocular in Bloodborne (a PT spying ability/tool) for the same reason. If scum ever got THAT it'd be fairly easy for them to target Sky with it and see whom she's allied with -other than Foxbird- and thus identify SU.

Feel free to attack, criticize and ridicule this line of thought. This is my logic and these are my reads none-the-less.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2624, Killthestory wrote:dont make me daygun you fire
ill give you one if you promise to do it.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Killthestory »

okay
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Well I need us to raise stress first.
Also ally me.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2623, Firebringer wrote:I think its strikingly weird you agree with the case on Cakez, when its made by Mastin who you already say you disagree with.

What makes them right about Cakez but wrong about you? You just say she is wrong about it. You don't contemplate a real thing that most town players do when a person reads them wrong. That the chance is that other of their reads are likely also wrong.
Mastin didn't make a case on sircakez. She said he's doing a vague thing, which she also accused our slot of doing(which we know to be an inaccurate portrayal of our play). I went through his iso and actually identified MULTIPLE suspicious things he was doing beyond her vague handwavey suspicions.

Also, how exactly are you privy to our private thoughts? Perhaps you don't know this, but the chance that she's wrong is the EXACT reason why I do the footwork myself to check whether or not someone's suspicions are justified instead of just sheeping people.

-Cerb

Pedit: we used that same flawed logic to lose SU 1(plus some other stuff, but that was what ultimately drove the lylo mislynch), except we had EVEN MORE REASON to think scum wouldn't possibly be given confirmation of Stevens identify than you do, and we were STILL wrong.

Don't be us. Don't close your mind to the possibility. Evaluate Skybirds play on its own merit.
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2625, Almost50 wrote:OK, RR moves up to "as good as confirmed Town" (I won't be explaining why). Skybird also moves up to the same level, but this one I can explain if you want to rant about nothings for the rest of the day.

In fact, it's bc allying with Steven Universe got mod-confirmed in public. If Sky was scum I very much doubt she would've been allowed to ally with SU in the first place, let alone be told it IS SU they've allied with.

I'd also suggest the lack of such a mechanic similar to the monocular in Bloodborne (a PT spying ability/tool) for the same reason. If scum ever got THAT it'd be fairly easy for them to target Sky with it and see whom she's allied with -other than Foxbird- and thus identify SU.

Feel free to attack, criticize and ridicule this line of thought. This is my logic and these are my reads none-the-less.
i think Cerb and Drixx would have a lot to say about that, Almost. i finished reading the first SU.

pedit: oh. he was faster than me.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:07 pm

AND I said a lot more.

From my phone.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2629, Reasonably Rational wrote:Mastin didn't make a case on sircakez. She said he's doing a vague thing, which she also accused our slot of doing(which we know to be an inaccurate portrayal of our play). I went through his iso and actually identified MULTIPLE suspicious things he was doing beyond her vague handwavey suspicions.
I am pretty sure that isn't true.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2450, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2360, Almost50 wrote:Posts like these make me think SC is TOWN. I don't care if his reads are accurate or not. It's the fact that he has a DYNAMIC read list that is moving rapidly with every update. To me; scum (and scum!SC to be precise) have an almost static read list and try to move 2-3 names at most just to make it look like they're doing something.
Yeah, bullshit.

SirCakez's reads are changing, yes, but they've changed to fit the pushes of other players. His reads are being tailored to fit the reads of most players: there's no "stick-out" reads. There's no reads that are stubborn defiance of all logic. All of his reads are convenient. All of his reads are easy. Now, that in of itself wouldn't make him scum! Some players just get beaten to the punch, and would have given those reads regardless. But that's just the thing:

SirCakez
isn't
pushing.
There's no aggression from him.
There's no real attempt to do anything beyond surface-level "scumhunting", to look good.
He is putting in just enough to put on a show. And nothing more. No hard, firm defenses, no hard, firm attacks, this in spite of him
agreeing with me
on RR about that, when he is guilty of it himself just as much if not MORE than RR. He's not bringing up his own reasons. He's just reflecting those of others. He's not adding. He's just restating.

No attempt to solve the game.
No attempt to unify the town.
No attempt to take control of the game.

He's content to sit in the background and let the town just go at it, largely as we have been, because we keep on arguing with each other and getting distracted by the shiny while also lacing venom into our words about one another.
If he were actually town, he'd be doing the same thing I am: planting his foot down and trying to get it to stop.
This was handwavey?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2629, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also, how exactly are you privy to our private thoughts? Perhaps you don't know this, but the chance that she's wrong is the EXACT reason why I do the footwork myself to check whether or not someone's suspicions are justified instead of just sheeping people.
Thats the impression I get from your posts.

I don't know everything your thinking, I can only base what I know from what you say and interpret from there.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:14 pm

Yes.

Absolutely.

Do you see her linking to specific examples? Anything less than that is handwavey to me. I am quite rigorous in my standards for cases FB.

She merely describes her interpretation of the way he's approaching the game. It's meaningless mastin fluff, as far as actually JUSTIFYING something is concerned.

It only works on those already suspicious of the slot by putting words to their thoughts, but it does nothing to CONVINCE other people.

Cases need to convince people.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:17 pm

This is a waste of time though. Drixx already predicted that nobody would care that I spent like an hour or two of my life going through SC'S crap, and here you are living up to those expectations.

-Cerb
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I thought you guys scumread me?
Why do you care what I think of your SC case?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2619, Reasonably Rational wrote:Furthermore, just ISO Firebringer for yourself ... I rest my case. Something's WAY off on that slot, and it hasn't gotten any better (apart from him dropping the nasty attacks, but I credit that to Varsoon's intervention).
Like this and your previous post doesn't add up to me.
Do you think I am town or scum?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Wait that was Drixx.
Meh
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:22 pm

In post 2637, Firebringer wrote:I thought you guys scumread me?
I never scumread you? Drixx pushed you because you were and are acting weird, just like beeboy is. I not especially suspicious of beeboy, and I'm also not especially suspicious of you. You're both worth watching BECAUSE of the abnormalities in your play style, but it's not something that means you're scum.

And, honestly, this head isn't even convinced SC is scum either (because of his response, mainly), but regardless of that, it's EXTREMELY irritating to put hours of my time into this game and have people be too stupid to understand my contributions.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Firebringer ... stop it. Mastin hasn't made an actual case against anyone. She declared that 4 people were scum and then has been a sarcastic prat for the rest of the day. Of course we disagree with her about her "read" on us, especially since she
lied to the game
to try and justify it. If you have a good reason to think someone is scum, you don't have to resort to LYING,
especially
if you happen to be part of an outed two way mod-confirmed mason claim and therefore are viewed as conftown. When you're in that position, you should be leading the town. Want to see an example? Check out the original SU game. We were Steven and Mastin's terrible day one declaration that she would be conftown on day 3 caused us to have to out ourselves to rescue her from the rope, after which point she disagreed on our scum reads as we proceeded to send scum to the rope one after another, until it got down to the final day and she just said nothing and didn't help at all.

That shit is there for you go to go look at. Mastin is a
considerably
better player than she has demonstrated so far this game (SU was an abnormaly low spot for her; in general, she's very strong). I'm more disappointed in her play than anything else, frankly.

You want to know why SirCakez is going to eat rope? Click our ISO and read Cerb's complete evisceration of his ISO and look at SC's responses. A couple of SCs posts since Cerb put up his case are among the worst posts I've ever seen in forum mafia. I would eat my underwear if SC flips town at this point. But it's not because of Mastin, and it's not because of me even. I told Cerb not to waste his time, but he saw something and did the work, and now there's an actual case and, more damningly, SC's responses. Cerb gets credit for everything but the vote and the only reason he doesn't get credit for that is because he has an absurdly high bar for voting. He uses the vote less than I do, which is saying something.

I don't know what to make you Fire. Your early play pinged me and I pushed but you didn't give any overt scum signals in our back and forth. You did regress a little bit back towards your usual troll nature, but apart from that ... something's off about you this game. Get your head in the game man. Right now you're just a distraction and that's not helpful in the least.

~Drixx

P-Edit: First, just LOL at Cerb and I crossposting. Second:
In post 2633, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2450, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2360, Almost50 wrote:Posts like these make me think SC is TOWN. I don't care if his reads are accurate or not. It's the fact that he has a DYNAMIC read list that is moving rapidly with every update. To me; scum (and scum!SC to be precise) have an almost static read list and try to move 2-3 names at most just to make it look like they're doing something.
Yeah, bullshit.

SirCakez's reads are changing, yes, but they've changed to fit the pushes of other players. His reads are being tailored to fit the reads of most players: there's no "stick-out" reads. There's no reads that are stubborn defiance of all logic. All of his reads are convenient. All of his reads are easy. Now, that in of itself wouldn't make him scum! Some players just get beaten to the punch, and would have given those reads regardless. But that's just the thing:

SirCakez
isn't
pushing.
There's no aggression from him.
There's no real attempt to do anything beyond surface-level "scumhunting", to look good.
He is putting in just enough to put on a show. And nothing more. No hard, firm defenses, no hard, firm attacks, this in spite of him
agreeing with me
on RR about that, when he is guilty of it himself just as much if not MORE than RR. He's not bringing up his own reasons. He's just reflecting those of others. He's not adding. He's just restating.

No attempt to solve the game.
No attempt to unify the town.
No attempt to take control of the game.

He's content to sit in the background and let the town just go at it, largely as we have been, because we keep on arguing with each other and getting distracted by the shiny while also lacing venom into our words about one another.
If he were actually town, he'd be doing the same thing I am: planting his foot down and trying to get it to stop.
This was handwavey?
Yeah that's not really a case. That could be applied to at least half of the game right now. Even if it were a case, it came 43 posts after Cerb's complete evisceration of SC. That would mean that, if anything, Mastin came in with weaksauce to try and get credit after Cerb did the work.

And
that
, Firebringer, is why you should actually pay attention to the game. I'm not asking you to convert to our rationalist approach and put in the large amount of work. Cerb and I tag team it and we talk to each other so much during any given game that it generally comes out to something like 50,000 to 100,000 words, when you strip out timestamps and such. That's a LOT of effort. But at least put enough effort in to realize who actually made a real case, and who did it before whom.

Oh... and we
can
be wrong, despite the effort we put in. One needs only look at the original SU to see that pretty plainly. Of course... I'm pretty sure nobody blamed us for the decision we made. It's not like the player we decided to lynch had been at all helpful. In fact... his play, now that I think of it, seemed a lot like your play. Hrm...

~Drixx

P-edit: I apologize for Cerb calling people stupid. He's frustrated. He disagrees with me about SCs responses being caught scum responses. We try to keep our disagreements to ourselves (and whomever decides they want to read a novel consisting of us talking about a mafia game for months).
Show

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Drixx »

No. I said that you are behaving strangely. I also had a lengthy back and forth with you earlier in the game and you never gave any kind of scum signals and we talked a LOT. I don't know what's up with you, but something is off. Does that mean you're scum? No. Could you be? Yes.

What do I think right now? Put a gun to my head and even then I wouldn't be able to say with any certainty. Your ISO is full of trolling and things that are off but not sending out scum signals. There's one small concerning thing in your ISO, but it's nowhere near enough to assume you're scum.

So no, we're not scum reading you. We aren't town reading you either. You haven't done anything to move yourself one way or the other. For all we know, you're a SK or something, and that explains the strangeness.

~Drixx
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Killthestory »

ill vote with rr because it seems like a good idea
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:33 pm

In post 2642, Drixx wrote:
No. I said that you are behaving strangely. I also had a lengthy back and forth with you earlier in the game and you never gave any kind of scum signals and we talked a LOT. I don't know what's up with you, but something is off. Does that mean you're scum? No. Could you be? Yes.

What do I think right now? Put a gun to my head and even then I wouldn't be able to say with any certainty. Your ISO is full of trolling and things that are off but not sending out scum signals. There's one small concerning thing in your ISO, but it's nowhere near enough to assume you're scum.

So no, we're not scum reading you. We aren't town reading you either. You haven't done anything to move yourself one way or the other. For all we know, you're a SK or something, and that explains the strangeness.

~Drixx
*Sigh* - Picking up hydra slip.

~Drixx
Show

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2605, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2599, mastin2 wrote:
P.S. I've seen SCUM!Cakez more than I've seen Town!him. *Nods firmly*
And, pray tell, how well did those games go for you by letting him live?
I did beat him the last TWO times he was scum (Soccer Spirits and Gistou).
You didn't "catch" me in either of those games tho
In post 2619, Reasonably Rational wrote:Got caught up. So this is silly and I have no idea what is wrong with you people. Cerberus I get because his bar for when he will vote for and push someone is calibrated way too high, especially on day one.

Cerberus basically deconstructed SirCakez and SC's resposne was to basically run up a white flag and surrender. This is as open and shut as it gets.
If by surrender, you mean completely wreck Cerb's attack on my ISO, then yeah I surrendered.
:roll:
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Cakez who would you have us FoS on your flip?
Obviously saying your town on flip.
Show

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Obi/McMenno/RR
This shoud be quite obvious
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2574, Firebringer wrote:If I am a lying, I a must be scum.
Vote me.
K

VOTE: Firebringer
But the game won't be the same without you :(
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2648, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2574, Firebringer wrote:If I am a lying, I a must be scum.
Vote me.
K

VOTE: Firebringer
But the game won't be the same without you :(
The game would probably extremely improve without me.
The frequency of AtE would decrease sharply by 80%
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”