Micro 643: Desperation Day (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't think Mas disagrees on that part; I think he disagrees about people being able fly under the radar.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:08 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 171, Alchemist21 wrote:I don't think scum, unless very experienced and already known for disliking large posts, would get as confrontational about a single wall-post as rb has. I think scum would be more inclined to say "Fine, I'll look back over it," and not call this much attention to themselves.

VOTE: BTD6_maker

BTD strikes me as the flying under the radar type. I'd like to see more thoughts from him, especially harder stances than "This is mostly NAI."
I was referring to one action. My reads are developing and are still weak in early Day 1. Voting because you think I am scum is good. Voting because you want me to give more reads is not.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I think I can confidently say Mas y menos is Town now.

I was leaning that way after because I don't think Firebringer is the type of person to use our history of sharing an alignment to his advantage, at least not with the same friendly attitude he had. Questioning me on my BTD read just now makes me confident that Fire is Town who cares about this game.

P-edit: Well it's not really about whether they could or couldn't fly under the radar, I just think the attempt to do it is there, and that's what's scummy.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 176, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 171, Alchemist21 wrote:I don't think scum, unless very experienced and already known for disliking large posts, would get as confrontational about a single wall-post as rb has. I think scum would be more inclined to say "Fine, I'll look back over it," and not call this much attention to themselves.

BTD strikes me as the flying under the radar type. I'd like to see more thoughts from him, especially harder stances than "This is mostly NAI."
I was referring to one action. My reads are developing and are still weak in early Day 1. Voting because you think I am scum is good. Voting because you want me to give more reads is not.
And supposing my vote is for both reasons, what do you make of that?
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:16 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 121, Mas y Menos wrote:Comparing Realities is the only one pinging me right now:

VOTE: Comparing Realities

I have town on Alchemist, Rb, XYZ.
Rest Null.

Also Alchemist, I think this continues the trend of us being same alignment :)

~Mas Y
Can you please try to give some reasons for this vote? At the moment you haven't mentioned a single other thing about CR outside of RVS. If no one gives reasons then no one will be able to see what pinged you, or even if there was a reason other than "I want CR mislynched today so that a scum is not lynched". This post is mildly scummy to me.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:17 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 178, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 176, BTD6_maker wrote:

And supposing my vote is for both reasons, what do you make of that?
Please give the full reasons for your scumread. Are you scumreading me just because I am not posting as much, or is there more?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I'm scumreading you because I think that you are trying to post while giving as little valuable content as possible. Nothing you've said is really useful, and I think you just don't want to form hard opinions because you don't want to come under scrutiny for them. I couldn't even tell if what you said about xyzzy was a scumread or just a dislike of the vote.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:22 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 138, rb wrote:VOTE: Xyzzy

I like this better than Mas. Xyzzy doesn't do much other than throw shade and despite thinking I'm a strong lynch candidate, keeps their vote aligned with mine. Key, Alchemist: thoughts?
Of course, Xyzzy thought that you and Mas are both viable lynches. I don't see how picking one of them (the one you happened to be voting) is scummy.

However, overall this is one of the better non-RVS votes in this game. Nulltown read.

UNVOTE: RB
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:24 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 181, Alchemist21 wrote:I'm scumreading you because I think that you are trying to post while giving as little valuable content as possible. Nothing you've said is really useful, and I think you just don't want to form hard opinions because you don't want to come under scrutiny for them. I couldn't even tell if what you said about xyzzy was a scumread or just a dislike of the vote.
I don't want to form hard opinions because I don't have very strong opinions in early Day 1. As the game progresses opinions naturally get stronger. Also, explain why my analysing of votes is not valuable.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:26 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

Null-weak Town: RB, Comparing Realities
Null: Blackstar, Gamma Emerald
Nullscum: Keyenpeydee, Xyzzy
Weak scum: Mas y Menos,Alchemist21

Does this help?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 183, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 181, Alchemist21 wrote:I'm scumreading you because I think that you are trying to post while giving as little valuable content as possible. Nothing you've said is really useful, and I think you just don't want to form hard opinions because you don't want to come under scrutiny for them. I couldn't even tell if what you said about xyzzy was a scumread or just a dislike of the vote.
I don't want to form hard opinions because I don't have very strong opinions in early Day 1. As the game progresses opinions naturally get stronger. Also, explain why my analysing of votes is not valuable.
Opinions are still opinions, and they have info the Town can work with. Everyone's opinions are going to be weaker D1, but there should be some you can state outright. VCA can be valuable in the later stages of the game, but D1 it's not useful, and if you're not generating D1 content because you're doing something like that, then even if the claim is true then you may as well be doing nothing.
In post 184, BTD6_maker wrote:Null-weak Town: RB, Comparing Realities
Null: Blackstar, Gamma Emerald
Nullscum: Keyenpeydee, Xyzzy
Weak scum: Mas y Menos,Alchemist21

Does this help?
This is the most useful post you've made. At least now I have an idea of your reads and can probably see where you're coming from on some of them.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:58 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 127, Mas y Menos wrote:hey firebringer, should we vote the
dabbing panda?

I feel like that's the plan

~Menos
Is this an insult?
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:00 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 186, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 127, Mas y Menos wrote:hey firebringer, should we vote the
dabbing panda?

I feel like that's the plan

~Menos
Is this an insult?
Pretty sure he meant "dapping"
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:09 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

I like this better than Mas. Xyzzy doesn't do much other than throw shade and despite thinking I'm a strong lynch candidate, keeps their vote aligned with mine. Key, Alchemist: thoughts?
UNVOTE:

Hmm.. Lemmee do an Iso read.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:42 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

rb, well i did an iso read and gotta say I'm actually surprised that her vote still stays on mas y menos despite saying you're a strong lynch candidate which is kinda alarming for me.

VOTE: xyzzy

Care to explain why rb is a strong lynch candidate? Make it detailed.

And I'm sorry for voting you, rb because I just don't like what you're doing rn. Explain it would get me replaced but Imma trust you now. And also, I did a xyzzy iso so I don't quite sheep you.
Show
Games that I modded:

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Sorry I forgot to respond to this earlier. I think at this point of the game Town xyzzy is more concerned with applying pressure and getting info to work with rather than getting the lynch through ASAP, and stating you're a strong lynch candidate is saying that they find your play scummy, so I don't think it's that unusual that they kept their vote where it is.

That said, Xyzzy is still null to me because I don't think they've done anything that's unfakeable as scum, but they're posting in a way that I think will make their intentions clear by the end of the Day, so I'm content to let them continue as they are for now.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:02 am

Post by BlackStar »

@key It's beginning to look like you just jump on whichever wagon is gaining momentum
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:43 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 191, BlackStar wrote:@key It's beginning to look like you just jump on whichever wagon is gaining momentum
It's my play style. I'm voting her to force her to answer the damn question. And I'll decide if I'll keep voting her than unvoting.
Show
Games that I modded:

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:44 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

And if she answers, I'll decide...

EBWOP
Show
Games that I modded:

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:52 am

Post by rb »

In post 191, BlackStar wrote:@key It's beginning to look like you just jump on whichever wagon is gaining momentum
Do you think that's scummy at this point?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:54 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 194, rb wrote:
Do you think that's scummy at this point?
It's scummier than anything anyone else has done so far lol
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:10 am

Post by rb »

Why is being wagon-happy in the early game scummy though? I don't agree with that.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:15 am

Post by rb »

In post 182, BTD6_maker wrote:

Of course, Xyzzy thought that you and Mas are both viable lynches. I don't see how picking one of them (the one you happened to be voting) is scummy.

However, overall this is one of the better non-RVS votes in this game. Nulltown read.

UNVOTE: RB
Based on the way this game has gone, having a lynch pool of Mas and myself makes zero sense unless someone thinks I'm bussing him.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:22 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 196, rb wrote:Why is being wagon-happy in the early game scummy though? I don't agree with that.
He votes someone, doesn't really apply any pressure and then moves onto the next person as soon as suspicious on comes their way. I don't like the tone of his posts because they feel forced to me.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:25 am

Post by BlackStar »

*suspicion