Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 1045, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Elyse and Michel, is the entire scumread of Transcend based around the fact people felt that his mason fakeclaim was an icky gambit to butter up Maria?
Yes

As far as Maria scum goes, I would lynch her in a heartbeat if you flipped town. Her play has been terrible and scummy but I'm mostly putting her on ignore because if you flip scum then she's very likely town.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by MariaR »

Obv back t back lynch bait is obv
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Elyse »

What are you even saying
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 891, kraska77 wrote:town: nero, jar, maria,\
lean town: iai, gerryoat, michel
dunno: transcend, thor, karnos, shadow
scum: blitz, elyse,
wait werent you just trying to lynch me earlier. or was that someone else lol
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by gerryoat »

wait wtf transcend is gone. lame af. he's being tamed compared to what he says on EM lmao. w/e, i still haven't gotten anyone to convince me to vote with them, so I will still vote no one for now
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:23 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 1047, Blitzkrieg wrote:
In post 1044, MariaR wrote:
In post 1042, Elyse wrote:Maria I hope you know that if you actually are town then I'm really disappointed
Only voting you cause I don't see any other wagon starting between and I tr giga over you sorry!
Translation: She's voting you because she's scum with giga.

Giga who refuses to finish reading the thread but has a townread on Maria.
Nice attempt at smearing me, but I have a life and reading 200 shitposts from Transcend when I have no need to sort him isn't something I really care to do at the moment. And, I don't "refuse" to read the thread, I'm trying to make myself useful immediately instead of spending 2 days lurking/reading the thread carefully when the deadline is literally tomorrow. And, even then, I'm reading the thread right now.

Blitz
, why is it strange for me to have a townread on a player I am familiar with early into the game?

Anyone who has played with town!gerryoat before,
is he always... like this?
Gerry
, do you have any reads whatsoever? At this point I'd be fine if you sheeped a townread or even went with your gut on something, it's the D1 deadline and somehow the game has stalled onto what is essentially a policy lynch. That says a lot about the gamestate to me.

btw, for anyone who cares... With a little "hacking", you can selectively mute some people from the thread instead of isolate specific people. This is the URL that I'm using to read the thread right now (muting Transcend and Maria, love you guys but
god
):

Code: Select all

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=68243&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&user_select%5B%5D=28120&user_select%5B%5D=27548&user_select%5B%5D=20873&ser_select%5B%5D=28282&user_select%5B%5D=12950&user_select%5B%5D=23679&user_select%5B%5D=27584&user_select%5B%5D=28130&user_select%5B%5D=7306&user_select%5B%5D=12589&user_select%5B%5D=27924&user_select%5B%5D=12326&user_sort=Go

and when you want to change the page, just add (to go to page 2, it's 200. 3 is 300, 4 400, etc.):

Code: Select all

&start=200
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:45 am

In post 477, Elyse wrote:
In post 473, MariaR wrote:I thought she meant it as in my game is wavering in this game and it was pretty perfect in the scum game so she thinks I'm town that logic seems fine to me or did you take it a dif way
You think it's ok to base a meta read on one game of experience?

Especially now that you say you change every game?

ughghdfhsgdsfad stupid mason claim I want to lynch you with fire
So I'm on page 20 right now and I have to ask people's opinions on something: The mason claim was pretty obviously a load of bs-ass bullshit and people discussed why. Maria wouldn't have acted the way she did when her wagon built up because she'd have the claim to save her. But then why are people hesitating to vote for Transcend/Maria at that point? Is this more of a site meta thing where the claim is just assumed to be true? This might just be hindsight bias from knowing the claim is obviously fake but I feel like there should be a vote in this post.

My readlist at the moment is (in no particular order):

Strong town
: Kraska (mostly from meta, otherwise she'd be a townlean), Thor
Town
: MariaR, Nero, Michel
Townlean
: JJD, IAI
Null
: Gerryoat, Karnos, Blitzkrieg
Scumlean
: Shadow_Step
Scum
: Elyse

I can explain any of these reads as needed.

Also,
IaI
, can you talk to me about your Blitzkrieg read? Thanks.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:26 am

In post 726, Nero Cain wrote:gerryoat not having any strong scum reads after like 30 pages shows shades of his scum play last game.
Nero,
can you elaborate on this more? Gerry is slowly moving into my scumpool but I don't really trust my ability to read players like him.

Maria,
is Gerry generally useless regardless of his alignment? I think in all of Gerry's ISO there was like only 1 post I found that was decent.

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1056, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 477, Elyse wrote:
In post 473, MariaR wrote:I thought she meant it as in my game is wavering in this game and it was pretty perfect in the scum game so she thinks I'm town that logic seems fine to me or did you take it a dif way
You think it's ok to base a meta read on one game of experience?

Especially now that you say you change every game?

ughghdfhsgdsfad stupid mason claim I want to lynch you with fire
So I'm on page 20 right now and I have to ask people's opinions on something: The mason claim was pretty obviously a load of bs-ass bullshit and people discussed why. Maria wouldn't have acted the way she did when her wagon built up because she'd have the claim to save her. But then why are people hesitating to vote for Transcend/Maria at that point? Is this more of a site meta thing where the claim is just assumed to be true? This might just be hindsight bias from knowing the claim is obviously fake but I feel like there should be a vote in this post.

My readlist at the moment is (in no particular order):

Strong town
: Kraska (mostly from meta, otherwise she'd be a townlean), Thor
Town
: MariaR, Nero, Michel
Townlean
: JJD, IAI
Null
: Gerryoat, Karnos, Blitzkrieg
Scumlean
Scum

I can explain any of these reads as needed.

Also,
IaI
, can you talk to me about your Blitzkrieg read? Thanks.
Yes please

Trying to read me as scum to emulate your town play in the last game ?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:41 am

In post 1058, Shadow_step wrote:Yes please

Trying to read me as scum to emulate your town play in the last game ?
what the fuck lmao

No, I read you as scum because during our last game, you came across to me more as tryhard town during points I thought you were town (and when you were conftown obviously). You've done nothing this game but prodge, your vote is parked on a vanity wagon yet you're implying you're scumreading me. That doesn't seem like what I would expect of town you.

Can you give a readslist or something?

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Shadow_step »

That sounds like bullshit, you think you can meta me after one game?
Last game was different, maria basically scum claimed but all of you were fucking blind to it. Nothing of that sort in this game.

Gerry is a bigger scum read that you, so why should I be voting you ?
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:21 am

OK, I'm pretty much caught up. I don't have too many issues with my lynch, Transcend was legitimately awful and I get why people wanted him lynched. His slot, though, is town and I'm a completely different player so let's try to be a bit more rational about this. I think that this town was too focused on the Transcend/Maria dynamic (which I believe is most likely T+T) and neglected to pressure some of the lurkier and scummier slots. It's obviously too late to do any of that, so if I end up getting lynched today, all I ask is that you put Maria and Kraska on the back burner for now and try to focus more on {Elyse, Shadow, Gerry, Karnos} because me having nullreads at EoD1 and page 43 is awful and absolutely unacceptable.

This is my final readlist post-catch up:

Strong town
: Kraska, Thor
Town
: IAI, Nero, Michel
Townlean
: JJD, MariaR, Blitzkrieg
Null
: Gerryoat, Karnos
Scumlean
Scum

I'm a bit iffier on Maria now but I still think she is town. Blitz is probably my weakest townread and I'd like to know where people are coming from on her (town and scum) because it's more of a gut read for me.

I'm logging off for today and I think I've asked enough questions for now. I'll try to get back to anyone else who asks me things later.

Shadow_step wrote:That sounds like bullshit, you think you can meta me after one game?
Last game was different, maria basically scum claimed but all of you were fucking blind to it. Nothing of that sort in this game.

Gerry is a bigger scum read that you, so why should I be voting you ?
No, I don't think I can meta you but I can at least have expectations. I can't think of a possible reason I should be townreading you, and the fact that I'm pretty sure there's scum in the lurkers makes me feel that you, maybe gerry, is scum.

I still don't think Maria was that scummy in 649, you were scumreading Skelda for a lot of similar reasons (like accepting being lynched)... Knowing her a bit better I can believe a scumread of her in that game but that's that game and this is this game.

I would expect a vote from you because it's deadline and we need a lynch... Wasn't your vote on the Skelda wagon more of a compromise vote anyway? I don't see why you can't compromise on me if you think I'm scum. It looks to me that perhaps one of your partners might be on my wagon and you're avoiding it for that reason.

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Why if my partner is on your wagon wouldn't I be voting you ?
Show

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:29 am

In post 1062, Shadow_step wrote:Why if my partner is on your wagon wouldn't I be voting you ?
If too many mafiosos vote on the same wagon, it'll gain momentum too fast and it'll be obviously scum motivated. Take Skelda's wagon in 649, the entire scumteam was on it at one point and there was barely any reason for anyone on it to vote for him.

I don't think my wagon is scum-motivated but I think it's likely that there's at least 1 scum on it. Obviously though, you can say that about any arbitrary grouping of people.

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Shadow_step »

That doesn't make sense, you are saying I should be voting you to secure a lynch while also saying that I'm not voting you because one of my buddies are on your wagon.
I have more than enough reason to vote you as either alignment so why the hell would I hesitate?
Show

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:40 am

In post 1064, Shadow_step wrote:That doesn't make sense, you are saying I should be voting you to secure a lynch while also saying that I'm not voting you because one of my buddies are on your wagon.
I don't see how that's a contradiction. Town!You probably compromises at this point and should in my opinion. Scum!You might too, but you seem insistent to stay on a vanity wagon when the deadline is in like 2 days and I can't think of any town reason to do so.
In post 1064, Shadow_step wrote: I have more than enough reason to vote you as either alignment so why the hell would I hesitate?
Yeah, why are you hesitating? Either use the two days we have to pressure Gerry and push a case on him or get off your vanity wagon. Just voting for Gerry does nothing.

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I've already explained why Gerry is scum, I don't believe in making the thread toxic and asking people to vote Gerry in every post I make.

Also I'm vary of confbias plus he hasn't posted much content at all.
Do you really think the Elyse wagon is going places ? You should be voting gerry with me.
Show

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:55 am

In post 436, Shadow_step wrote:No. I meant about your "slip", if you were town you would know scum never fall for that kinda shit, only thing it ever achieves is that it confuses town. Hence there is no town benefit behind doing that.
Hence proved you are scum.
This is the only post that I've found that resembles a push... So gerry is scum because he softed a PR...? I honestly thought he was getting ready to do a stupid fake dayvig when I ISO'd him.

And gerry probably thought it was a valid ""reaction test"" anyway... Saying things like "if you were town you would know scum never fall for that kinda shit" is fallacious logic. Bad logic obviously doesn't mean you're scum but
please

This isn't really a sheepable case, do you have anything more?

And ofc the Elyse wagon is going places right now, it's literally my counterwagon. I haven't seen Thor or anyone else post and I think by the time they do it's possible more people will join. Why are people supposed to follow your one vote, anyway?

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:07 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I've seen scum do all kinds of crazy shit in RVS on this site itself, like claiming scum for example and they get a free pass because it is joke phase.
Gerry's PR slip makes zero sense as town Gerry. Like the friggin game was already in full swing the joke phase was long gone and this guy decided this fake PR slip.
Where the fuck is the town motivation behind this ?
Show

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:12 am

OK, this is better. I still think gerry needs to post more though because he's dead weight at the moment and I'd like help sorting him from people familiar with him.

JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:20 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

UNVOTE:

gig is towntelling a little bit. Not enough to totally negate my scumread of the slot but enough for an unvote. Also feel like a scum replacement doesn't make that claim there.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:36 am

In post 1070, JarJarDrinks wrote:UNVOTE:

gig is towntelling a little bit. Not enough to totally negate my scumread of the slot but enough for an unvote. Also feel like a scum replacement doesn't make that claim there.
JJD, what are your thoughts on Elyse?

chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:40 am

Post by chilledtea »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT 1.10

gigabyteTroubadour (L-3) : MichelSableheart, Elyse, karnos, Blitzkrieg.

Elyse (L-3) : kraska77, I Am Innocent, gigabyteTroubadour, MariaR.

MariaR (L-6) : Thor665.

gerryoat (L-6) : Shadow_step.

kraska77 (L-6) : Nero Cain.

Not Voting (1) : gerryoat.

Nero Cain will be v-la till Sunday.

Mod Note : There was a slight error in the vote counts that has now been rectified. gigabyteTroubadour was L-2 but was stated as being L-3.

Day will end in (expired on 2016-09-13 10:30:00)
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Elyse »

Hey giga

Instead of asking other people for their thoughts on me, you should try explaining your scumread on me.

It's kind of expected when you're only scumreading one person who just so happens to be the biggest counterwagon to your lynch.

@JJD
The ascetic claim is scummy to me. Transcend didn't claim it and then giga's claim seemed more of a "just in case" claim if someone got a no result on him or something. If giga truly believes that claiming ascetic is protown, then I feel as though he would do it as either alignment. It's scummy to me only because Transcend didn't claim it.

Why do you think it's more likely to come from town?

Also the scumreads on me are awful and it's embarrassing if I actually get lynched. What are even the reasons for scumreading me? My vote on Maria was "opportunistic" when karnos' was worse? IAI's "tell" that he won't reveal? Maria deciding that I have to go even though "2 of my posts were scummy" just because I'm a counterwagon to giga?

Idk what happened but the Transcend slot is scum. Like Michel is arguing, it makes so much more sense to fakeclaim mason as scum than town.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:18 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1057, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 726, Nero Cain wrote:gerryoat not having any strong scum reads after like 30 pages shows shades of his scum play last game.
Nero,
can you elaborate on this more? Gerry is slowly moving into my scumpool but I don't really trust my ability to read players like him.

Maria,
is Gerry generally useless regardless of his alignment? I think in all of Gerry's ISO there was like only 1 post I found that was decent.
It could be the site but Gerry normally goes hard in other forum games he gets cocky quite easy and likes to take charge but he has said the "I hate day 1 blah" as town before idk if he's done it as scum but its' not that hard to fake

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”