Goon
Blitzkrieg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Blitzkrieg »

In post 971, Transcend wrote:
In post 969, Blitzkrieg wrote:
In post 968, Transcend wrote:if he's spineless enough to replace out due to a little bit of dirty talk then so be it. it's an aggressive game, people will get heated up.
@Mod: Do something about this or I am gone too.
tactical replace out
And now you attack my integrity.

Also, there's a difference between being heated and attacking players personally. I have seen my fair share of heated games. Yet, this recent turn towards not being civil human beings is not cool.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Transcend »

i'm sure you've been in games where people were attacking others, and you didn't replace out so.... you're probably full of it.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:35 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 972, Thor665 wrote:
@Kraska - I appreciate your efforts, but I don't make willy-nilly replace out requests. There is literally nothing Transcend could say within this game to change my mind. A few months from now if I see different playstyle from him, yes, that would change my mind, but within this game my mind is very settled. I appreciate if he wants to claim his play style and language are "just a game" and respect that opinion. I have the opinion that I don't play with people like that, because it makes the game unfun. Due to [ongoing] I see no real liklihood of a play change in him regardless of his claims otherwise. I do apologize for the abrupt shift, but consider it a less negative effect on the game then me sitting here responding to the game in this state any longer.
okay
i understand that. im touchy to toxicity myself and have replaced out of many games for this reason. but i dont feel any real malice behind transcend's words, doesnt feel like he means any of the things he said...which is why i think if he tones it down there wouldnt be any lingering toxicity...and there wouldnt be a problem or a need for people to leave
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Transcend »

with him too little is too much.

but you're right there's absolutely no malice in my posts whatsoever.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Transcend »

anyways most of my insults that were moderately harsh were at JJD and he showed no signs of offense aka he could take the harsh language, and given that's the way i play, i continued to do it since he could tolerate it. should he ask to stop, i will stop. i know how to acknowledge limits.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:44 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 929, Thor665 wrote:
In post 901, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 893, Thor665 wrote:Because literally the best case I could make is "he's derp tunneling" and I don't think tunneling is scummy, I just think it causes some anti-town issues occasionally.
There's no way he can have such a strong scumread on Michel. Michel looks fine. Just like there's no way he can have such a strong townread on maria.

It looks like he decided what his reads were gonna be and then looked for reasons after the fact. Go reread his ISO. Look @ how many times he calls Michel scum w/o posting any real reason. He never tries to convince anyone that Michel is scum. He knows damn well that screaming "OMG HE'S OBVSCUM" isn't gonna get anyone to follow him.
I will agree his play is terrible.
Both Maria and I have played with him before and don't seem utterly shocked at this play.
Go read some of his games and then get back to me with a claim that this is a valid scumtell.
And please don't ask me to defend his play.
In post 914, Transcend wrote:well what a scummy vote that was lol
That vote was not scummy at all - you're being intentionally offensive and Blitz is reacting to it.
You're not even mouthing off at me and I'm already rather tired of your posting method here.

@Mod - I would like to request a force replace of Transcend for repeated attacks of a personal nature. If You find his behavior acceptable, or desire to only give him a warning could you kindly replace me. I have no desire to play in a game with behavior like this as it removes my fun and makes it not a game. Thank you.
In post 1, chilledtea wrote:(Some parts borrowed from BulletNLynchProof)
General Rules :

6) No personal attacks.
See this thread has blown up, and Kraska's quote of Thor has got me looking thru his ISO and seeing the request above which does not make me happy. Thor and Nero were the reason I jumped into this game, and if he replaces out I do too.

I understand the quote above from the mod is the least enforced rule on MS, but I laughed early game as Maria/Transcend continually broke this rule with subtle insults like calling people numbskulls and such. I've got thick skin and can understand how this game can get heated, so I usually brush this stuff off. Not sure what happened since the thread blew up, but I'm assuming it must have escalated if Thor is this upset.

Sorry mod, I thought this was a great game with generally good participation, but at this point it looks like someone needs to go. I suggest the culprit to Rule #6 above...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:48 am

Post by Transcend »

whimps
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:48 am

Post by Transcend »

i joined this game to play with sonia/gerry/k77 and if one of them subbed out i wouldn't leave just for that.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:57 am

Post by kraska77 »

same for me with u and maria
sad to see it come to this...
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Transcend »

alternatively:

i'll cool my jets a lil bit since people have shown offense

we can all stay in the game

we can all lynch scum (maybe)

we can all not make a big commotion over something that isn't worth making a big commotion over.

just maybe.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:00 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 984, Transcend wrote:alternatively:

i'll cool my jets a lil bit since people have shown offense

we can all stay in the game

we can all lynch scum (maybe)

we can all not make a big commotion over something that isn't worth making a big commotion over.

just maybe.
im down ^_^

what do u say thor?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

been phone following while @ a doc appointment. I dont require an apology and I really want thor to stay in the game. Will reread and post thoughts shortly.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:03 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 938, Transcend wrote:yeah i knew it you're just being a paranoid idiot due to our last game.
Has nothing to do w/ our last game. I only mentioned it cause thor asked me to check ur meta.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Transcend »

i didn't figure you did. especially since it's pretty clear cut i didn't mean anything i said to you anyways.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Transcend »

also i'm pretty sure your fos on me is based on last game as you think i'm tunneling michel the way i tunneled you and you think i'm buddying maria like i did scout.

i'll be the first to say i deathtunnel every fos i have to the grave as both alignments, and buddy all my townreads to the grave as both alignments.

i'm very defensive and offensive.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:10 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 947, Thor665 wrote:You should both assess how your scum read is or isn't affected by his attitude in the last few pages.
If you're just annoyed at him, request replacement for him or yourself, as I have done.
But don't lie to yourselves or to me about how him being rude equates to him being scum - it just shows he's a rude person, his role PM doesn't change that.
I'm not annoyed @ him or equating his rudeness to being scum. I've played w/ way worse.

I think he's scum and his attitude is due to him truly believing that he's being scumread for bad reasons. Scum never like to blame themselves when they get lynched.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:11 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 989, Transcend wrote:also i'm pretty sure your fos on me is based on last game as you think i'm tunneling michel the way i tunneled you and you think i'm buddying maria like i did scout.

i'll be the first to say i deathtunnel every fos i have to the grave as both alignments, and buddy all my townreads to the grave as both alignments.

Cool. If you were deathtunneling a scummy slot or buddying a townie slot, I'd be more inclined to believe u.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:11 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 988, Transcend wrote:i didn't figure you did. especially since it's pretty clear cut i didn't mean anything i said to you anyways.
Then why say it? Is it your way of trying to be funny? Cause I have laughed at oh, say, zero of your insults thus far. If you want to troll, there are lots of places to go so do it there. If you want to play mafiascum, then be considerate of those you play with.

As for being a wimp, maybe you should consider the reason I'm willing to sub out. If Thor subbed out because of real life issues, like time commitments or health issues, I'd say adios and hope to see u soon, and I'd keep playing. But when one of the most respected posters here is willing to bail out due to someone continually insulting a 3rd person, I stand by that poster.

If that makes me a wimp, well I guess I just don't understand the meaning of the word...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Transcend »

no i don't do it to be funny, i do it because that is the way i play the game. i make my language excessively strong.

if say k77 subbed out due to something like this i wouldn't give a damn honestly. we're two different people it seems.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 991, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 989, Transcend wrote:also i'm pretty sure your fos on me is based on last game as you think i'm tunneling michel the way i tunneled you and you think i'm buddying maria like i did scout.

Cool. If you were deathtunneling a scummy slot or buddying a townie slot, I'd be more inclined to believe u.
you gotta remember, my reads won't always parallel with yours.

otherwise the game wouldn't be fun.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 990, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 947, Thor665 wrote:You should both assess how your scum read is or isn't affected by his attitude in the last few pages.
If you're just annoyed at him, request replacement for him or yourself, as I have done.
But don't lie to yourselves or to me about how him being rude equates to him being scum - it just shows he's a rude person, his role PM doesn't change that.
I'm not annoyed @ him or equating his rudeness to being scum. I've played w/ way worse.

I think he's scum and his attitude is due to him truly believing that he's being scumread for bad reasons. Scum never like to blame themselves when they get lynched.
Wrong-O!
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Transcend »

When will you admit this is confbias already holy wow
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 985, kraska77 wrote:what do u say thor?
No thank you.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:26 am

Post by kraska77 »

:/
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 992, I Am Innocent wrote:But when one of the most respected posters here is willing to bail out due to someone continually insulting a 3rd person, I stand by that poster.
Aw, you make me blush. ;)

In Transcend's defense, my personal desire to cope with that sort of gameplay has gone way down from what it probably used to be. If you're cool with it, I would suggest staying, I think the warm up of Day 1 was interesting, and I like some of the reads out there, I just don't need to be sorting through that much insulting and reacting to insult stuff while trying to sort reads. it's a headache, and unpleasant to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”