JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:55 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 690, Thor665 wrote:If you think it's a chainsaw defense, why not vote Maria, since she has more support for a lynch?
And this isn't true. Transcend has 3 votes to marias 2
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 642, MariaR wrote:
In post 641, gerryoat wrote:Something is off with the Transcend Maria dynamic. I feel one of them is mafia, but I'm not really sure which right now.
What feels off it'd be nice to get an outside look on it even if I think me and him are both town is it the fact we hard tr each other or you're jealous of our mad skillz
Punctuation is an important part of the english language.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 651, Thor665 wrote:Yeah, my specific ask was for scum to fakeclaim with scum, though I'll agree you could have read it differently, but that's what you were selling, and that's what I was suggesting never happens.
I was never selling that Maria and Transcend were scumbuddies who claimed masons together
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:17 am

Post by MariaR »

True.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 677, karnos wrote: I'd vote transcend now if it was another player in the slot posting like he is, but... maybe this is just town transcend acting like transcend always acts, not voting him yet.
In post 678, karnos wrote:Maybe we should just lynch transcend, because he is going to be lynchbait in lylo if he lives that long, and I don't scum killing him.
Eeeeeek

This pings my scumdar a lot. Treating scumreads as town is a big no no
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 603, MariaR wrote:I forget but ik I had a good reason I'll tell you when I remember
Hey Maria! Did you remember why you were scumreading me?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 692, MariaR wrote:I guess you can call it an opportunistic vote on my part I do think Karnos last few lines are trash but I want to go on w/e bw out of Elyse/Karnos I think I can get more momentum on I think both are scum and votes that need to happen I pref this happens but if Elyse get's anywhere towards l-3 or L-2 I'll vote it without a second thought and nothing is going to stop me
This is also awful and opportunistic af
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:24 am

Post by MariaR »

hey look Elyse and me agree on something for once! That last line is what made me vote him wanna join me?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:26 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 705, Elyse wrote:
In post 603, MariaR wrote:I forget but ik I had a good reason I'll tell you when I remember
Hey Maria! Did you remember why you were scumreading me?
Yes!
I think you just used the "You're way to good to do this as town!" As a weak reason to vote me when you haven't even seen my town game so I don't know how you can even come to that conclusion
Pedit: What I was just telling the truth would you rather I lie
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 707, MariaR wrote:hey look Elyse and me agree on something for once! That last line is what made me vote him wanna join me?
No
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 708, MariaR wrote:I think you just used the "You're way to good to do this as town!" As a weak reason to vote me when you haven't even seen my town game so I don't know how you can even come to that conclusion
Here's my line of thinking:

I was impressed with your gameplay in our last game and consider you a good player from that.

You had a random meltdown for no reason in this game and since I thought you were a good player, I thought you were AtEing on purpose.

Hence my scumread on you.

Unless you want to argue that you're shitty as town? Idk I've never seen such changes in skill level between alignments.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:32 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 710, Elyse wrote:
In post 708, MariaR wrote:I think you just used the "You're way to good to do this as town!" As a weak reason to vote me when you haven't even seen my town game so I don't know how you can even come to that conclusion
Here's my line of thinking:

I was impressed with your gameplay in our last game and consider you a good player from that.

You had a random meltdown for no reason in this game and since I thought you were a good player, I thought you were AtEing on purpose.

Hence my scumread on you.

Unless you want to argue that you're shitty as town? Idk I've never seen such changes in skill level between alignments.
Well I don't really know *shrug* maybe this just isn't my game I haven't really had a ton of town games so I don't really have much to base my town gameplay a lot of my posts aren't even meant to be ate I'm just saying what I'm thinking but it comes off as ate
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:33 am

Post by MariaR »

Also if i was gonna ate as scum it wouldn't be slight it would be:

UNVOTE ME YOU FKERS THIS GAME IS FKING STUPID DEAR GOD HOW ARE YOU DUMB LIKE WHAT THE FK I NEVER WANT TO PLAY WITH ANY OF YOU AGAIN

(put self vote here)
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:34 am

Post by MariaR »

On 2nd thought would I change it knowing I just played with Transcend and Gerry? ...hm maybe tone it down a bit hmmm...now I wish I flipped scum just to see how I would have taken this.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:52 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

@kraska: fakeclaiming is a huge deal, because it is never good for town. It outs powerroles, makes reliable setup speculation completely impossible, and causes town to act on bad information. Each of those is a recipe of mislynches. On the other hand, fakeclaiming is extremely good for scum: it causes confusion, and in some cases allows scum a plausible excuse for their behaviour. Fakeclaiming is something scum does 100% of the time, because they cannot afford to claim truthfully. So you have an action that scum will do 100% of the time, and town shouldn't do ever. That makes fakeclaiming one of the biggest scumtells there is.
In post 673, Thor665 wrote:
In post 652, MichelSableheart wrote: I'm particularly townreading blitzkrieg, Thor and you, with more doubts about JJD, Elyse and Nero.
I would easily and happily argue that JarJar and Nero are both blatantly better townreads than Blitz (or IAI for that matter).
Why are you conflicted on those two?
Conflicted is the wrong word. It's more that I don't have as strong a townread on them as I have on Blitz and IAI.

post #80 by blitz was a very good find, that I don't think she would have made if she's scum with maria, and that she's unlikely to make if she's scum with transcend. Maria for obvious reasons, and the implosion of Transcend in response to pressure on Maria was somewhat foreseeable in my opinion.

IAI feels town because he has been keeping an open mind about me. He gives me the feeling that he's genuinely trying to understand my reasoning, without immediately trusting everything I say. That's honest scumhunting that I feel is very difficult to fake.

With Nero and JarJar, they have been playing well, participating, scumhunting, but I don't have anything in particular that I can point at to say "that's why I think they're town". So I'm slightly wary that the good vibes I'm getting from them might be the result of them agreeing with me rather than anything particularly townie they're doing. So I have them as neutral, leaning town.
MariaR wrote:That isn't a scumslip and I already said why I thought you were trying to get a bw going on town and I was doing the same thing so he can town tell so PLEASE tell me how that's a scumslip again
Simply put, bandwagoning a townread so he can townslip makes no sense whatsoever for town. You would be actively making others more suspicious of your townread, making his lynch more likely. And there's no guarantee whatsoever that the townslip you're hoping for will happen. On the other hand, scum wants to wagon someone they know is town. So that's an action scum is extremely likely to do, and town is extremely unlikely to do. But that has been explained to you before.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:59 am

Post by MariaR »

It isn't a townslip I was going for I just feel people towntell better under pressure, Even if you disagree I don't think people are looking at my reasoning for doing these actions. I feel like I explained enough to show why I did what I did to me it shows the good intent I had in mind.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:00 am

Post by MariaR »

I feel lime a lot of this sr on me is because people disagree with me. I don't think that's a valid reason to sr someone
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Transcend »

Karnos is town

Please lynch bullshit mcbullshitterson Michel.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:32 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

@trans, u got a reason why u think Michel is scum?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:34 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Like there's not another person voting for him and I don't think that many people are scumreading him.

If you truly wanted to get him lynched, I'd think you'd post a case or something rather than keep screaming that he's scum.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:21 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 718, JarJarDrinks wrote:@trans, u got a reason why u think Michel is scum?
I'm actually more interested why he thinks karnos is town.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 651, Thor665 wrote:Unless one of the fake claimers is scum, natch.
how do you determine if its scum fakeclaiming or town fakeclaiming?

I think the larger point here is that it was kind of silly of Maria to go "OMG he was be fakeclaiming scum!"
In post 657, JarJarDrinks wrote:Michel has some of the best posts of the game thus far. I don't get how he can be scumread AT ALL.
b/c scum can't post well? His early game reasoning was all over the place and thats 598 or whatever that everyone is fawning over was just a rehash of stuff that's already been said.
In post 677, karnos wrote:maybe this is just town transcend acting like transcend always acts,
link to where you guys played together.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:26 am

Post by chilledtea »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT 1.07

Transcend (L-3) : JarJarDrinks, MichelSableheart, Elyse, karnos.

Elyse (L-5) : kraska77, I Am Innocent.

MariaR (L-5) : Blitzkrieg, Thor665.

gerryoat (L-6) : Shadow_step.

kraska77 (L-6) : Nero Cain.

MichelSableheart (L-6) : Transcend.

karnos (L-6) : MariaR.

Not Voting (1) : gerryoat.

Nero Cain will be v-la till Sunday.

Day will end in (expired on 2016-09-13 10:30:00)
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:30 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 720, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 718, JarJarDrinks wrote:@trans, u got a reason why u think Michel is scum?
I'm actually more interested why he thinks karnos is town.
Sure. But the fact that he's tunneled the shit out of Michel, calling him obvious scum and whatnot without giving any reason is scummy as F. Like all he's said is that his reads suck.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:32 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Like seriously go read Trans ISO. There's like no reasoning behind ANY of his reads (scum or town).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”