Open 646 - Semi Nightless - Game Over (D6)

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 2573, Tenshii wrote:Oh I get it. Okay so Reply 1 was saying "This" as in what I replied to is what I agree with. And Reply 2 is saying there's more reasons for Thor to be scumread here than Giga. And also Karnos's interactions with Giga have tidbits in there where it comes off like Karnos is talking to town!Giga. And Giga has tidbits where she talks like she genuinely doesn't know for sure Karnos is scum.
Can you point this out? The outcome of this game that scares me most is that this is scum!Thor all along, just because of how unpredictable it is.

I also think I might have had a question for you you missed? I will check my ISO to make sure I'm not going crazy.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:18 pm

In post 2575, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I also think I might have had a question for you you missed? I will check my ISO to make sure I'm not going crazy.
nah i'm going crazy :down:
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Post by Transcend »

can see scum!thor but not before scum!smith
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2573, Tenshii wrote:And Reply 2 is saying there's more reasons for Thor to be scumread here than Giga. And also Karnos's interactions with Giga have tidbits in there where it comes off like Karnos is talking to town!Giga. And Giga has tidbits where she talks like she genuinely doesn't know for sure Karnos is scum.
Half of your answer involves kcdaspot - who is mhsmith, who is neither Thor nor Giga.
So what does any of that have to do with anything as far as suggesting Giga didn't bus or that I did?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Transcend »

alalalala
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@tenshii: so you're now saying that it's just about definitely thor, correct? What is driving your implied town reads of me, trans and giga? Just that thor seems very wolfy by himself, or do you have independent town reads of each of us? How haven't done a whole lot of discussion of your reads this game; you'd stated that I answered everything agianst me in http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p8284293; if thor were to flip town, would you think it's me? Giga? Trans? Or are we all sufficiently strong town reads that you're really not worried about that possibility?
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2565, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2556, mhsmith0 wrote:@thor: wrt PC, it's just weird that you'd made that l-1 vote on him while pushing tenshii (again), and then follow it up with
In post 1562, Thor665 wrote:Sure - for starters, explain to me why town would choose not to vote their top scumread nowhere close to mylo or lylo.

I'll wait.
In post 1563, Thor665 wrote:And the reason scum would do it is due to lack of actual belief in their claims, and also for strategic purposes if they think the move will get them called out.
So that was nowhere close to MYLO/LYLO, PC wasn't your top scum read, and your comment to tenshii suggested that this behavior was in your mind a scum tell. So I guess I want to know why you'd hop along on pc lynch instead of pushing for a force replace, especially given that you'd indicated a preference for a replace at
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p8225663. What changed between when you thought that he should be replaced and when you voted him?
Please explain who my larger scumread was, and then I'll pretend you have a point.

And I gave up on replace because the mod didn't do it - this isn't rocket science.
The implied stronger scumread by your commentary was tenshii. That's where you seemed to be pushing, while you voted PC. I'll certainly agree that the mod should have, but didn't, throw out PC, but at the same time, that was nowhere close to a deadline lynch of a slot that at least plausibly could have been replaced; moreover, the mod explicitly stated at http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p8223862 that PC would be replaced (though PC then popped in and the mod vanished again); at the very least, it was plausible that some time before deadline the mod would actually follow through on his intention.

So you put someone at L-1 when the mod explicitly stated he was going to force-replace that slot ( http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p8223862 ), and you say you did it because you gave up on the replace? :neutral: The only way that seems to hold together is if you saw the mod state a replace intent, watched two days go by, and then decided that the mod wasn't going to bother to follow through... or did you just miss the mod's replace statement in the first place? Either one is plausible, but if that was driving your vote, why not just spam replace demands on the mod? Again, there was plenty of time in that day to make a replace happen.
In post 2563, mhsmith0 wrote:How is it a busywork question? Your recently stated top two are transcend and tenshii, and you seem to be leaning transcend as the last wolf. This runs counter to your previously stated read that the last wolf was on kts,
Am I actively sorting him?
Yes?
Okay then.
It's a question about your stated reads on those two slots (which I believe are your top two wolves) within the framework of your stated value call (which I believe was unclear as to whether you thought the last wolf was on KTS at some point, or just whether you thought the last wolf was on the KTS lynch wagon at EOD). So if you think transcend is the last wolf, then the question becomes why do you now think that the moment was NOT meaningfully town-indicative for him.

Similarly, if you think it's tenshii, do you think that the hop off was then a wolfy hop off? And if so why?

Basically I'm asking you to analyze your reads in more depth in the context of a stated value call you made previously. Which strikes me as the opposite of busy work, unless you think that there's no need to keep engaging with you and sorting you by evaluating your reads and reasonings.

In post 2563, mhsmith0 wrote:So I guess I want to know where you see the insincerity with transcend; why does he not believe the case he's trying to sell? And why is the original read, of transcend clear because he wasn't on kts (and he also wasn't on PC for that matter) invalid?
I can't gauge sincerity on Transcend because he can't describe his own thoughts - so...?
[/quote]

So you're basically wolf on tenshii and null on transcend? I'll agree with you that trans has done a lousy job of describing his thoughts and reads, but at the same time, he avoided the KTS wagon D2, and again avoided the PC wagon on D3, and I don't think he was at all cheering from the sidelines either. And he has in fact described his read on me at

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p8303037
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p8303268
etc.

There's enough there to get some sense of his stated reasons. I'm not asking whether his case is good, I'm asking you whether his case is sufficiently bad enough to be something that he cannot reasonably believe, or whether he has, while pursuing the case, appeared insincere in his pursuit.
And you can also look at his earlier rosske/maria case/pursuit as well (including mulitple days where he did NOT, as far as I saw, cheerlead the KTS/PC lynches or do anything manipulative towards pushing those lynches that I can see).

To put it another way, if we call back to the Rio game, and the discussion around Titus, her read on me was both wrong and bad, and she wasn't communicating it clearly, but at the same time she WAS pursuing it with apparent sincerity and energy, and THAT was enough to get her a town read (see soah's comments about her meeting the standard for bad town, for instance). So, in your mind, does transcend meet the standard for bad town? I'm inclined to think he does, even if he isn't being super clear, and even if his reads have been questionable all game long.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@Tenshii: Since you're apparently thinking it's thor, this
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
is a game that just finished where thor was mafia (subbed in at 5p 3v2 LYLO, lost). His surviving partner (when he came in) was Katsuki. He's talked about not bussing, and this game seems to support it, where he hammered his buddy at http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p8300491 but wasn't particularly hard-pushing that lynch before the hammer (based on my skim anyway).

So, given that you think he's the last goon, how do you think his performance here compares to his one there?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

while we're at it, Thor, I see that dwlee did a fake scum claim gambit around http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p8300559 that you seemingly passed. Given the context of that incident, what do you think of the reactions from trans, giga and myself to KTS's scum claim gambit at http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p8206556 ?
Show
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Tenshii »

In post 2580, mhsmith0 wrote:if thor were to flip town, would you think it's me? Giga? Trans? Or are we all sufficiently strong town reads that you're really not worried about that possibility?
By itself
In post 2582, mhsmith0 wrote:So, given that you think he's the last goon, how do you think his performance here compares to his one there?
Holy shit that ending tilted the crap out of me. I feel sorry for Thor. Also I had no idea what the color talk was about. But idk, I was never a fan of meta in the first place because meta assumes that the player is unaware of self or unable to adapt. All I got from it is that Thor never interacted much with Katsuki, part of it being that Katsuki was inactive. But none of this says, "Thor won't bus a Karnos partner"
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Tenshii »

Actually no I townread Giga. But Thor sr by itself
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by Tenshii »

In post 76, karnos wrote:The above logic depends on Thor being town as well. Scum Thor could be sheeping a supposed town, in which case that would make it much less likely I am scum.
What kind of defense is this where Thor is town?
In post 64, Thor665 wrote:You're voting Karnos.
Ergo, if I'm right about you, statistically by voting who you vote I'm more likely to target scum.
Terribad vote

Why does scum!Karnos not vote town!Thor when Karnos scumreads Thor and Thor was at L-3 compared to Karnos solo voting Io?

Thor essentially death tunneled onto Karnos. It's not like there was any reconsideration as to a possibility of Karnos being town.

You guys are just saying Thor attacked Karnos so hard Thor has to be town, when there's nothing that says the way he attacked Karnos is town and not mafia.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

the big thing is that Thor is pretty insistent that bussing is bad, and that he won't bus (or very rarely will do so). With that in mind, I really don't think that he'd have set out with the intention of bussing. MAYBE some light distancing gone wrong, but I really don't see Thor's plan being to have a 1v1 with his buddy on day one. So I guess the question here is, do you think is like the one time ever Thor goes against his preferred style of play? Or do you think that the interaction between them went wrong and Thor was forced to roll with it? If the latter, what posts support this interpretation?

If you're going to argue for the last wolf being Thor, I'd really like to see a solid overall case from you, either for Thor being the wolf directly, or for the other three players to be villagers due to town-indicative things. Because currently my best guess is it's you, and if you're the last wolf, then if we lynch Thor you get an easy path to victory when Trans snaps me in F3.

PS karnos's meta appears to be to CONSISTENTLY ignore his partners in thread (which, by the way, is common wolf behavior). karnos really didn't do that here. Io had suggested he was angry in thread; is there evidence that this anger points specifically to being angry over Thor bussing?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Anyway, I have to run for tonight, will be back tomorrow night.
Show
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by Transcend »

Getting drunk tonight. No room for mafia. Ttyt.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2583, mhsmith0 wrote:while we're at it, Thor, I see that dwlee did a fake scum claim gambit around http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p8300559 that you seemingly passed. Given the context of that incident, what do you think of the reactions from trans, giga and myself to KTS's scum claim gambit at http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p8206556 ?
I think I have never particularly pushed any reads over that moment, because I think a player has to be a bit sloppy and dumb to really 'slip' at those moments.

Vote: Tenshii

I'm at this.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:38 am

Post by tojam2 »

Mod prod dodge.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

:neutral:
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by Tenshii »

Meta states that a player has a history of doing X. It doesn't state that a player is incapable of doing Y. You are confusing the two together.

In post 2587, mhsmith0 wrote:Because currently my best guess is it's you, and if you're the last wolf, then if we lynch Thor you get an easy path to victory when Trans snaps me in F3.
This logic applies to 4/5 players in the game.
scum!Transcend is setting up mhsmith lynch today and wants me to snap to Thor in 3 way
scum!mhsmith is setting up Tenshii/Transcend today/tomorrow because Thor tr's mh
scum!Thor is setting up Tenshii/Transcend today/tomorrow because mh tr's Thor

I don't think it's Giga because of how Karnos and Giga interacted together.

I don't think it's Transcend because the only reasons I scumread him is lack of substantive reasons for pushes, filler posts, and trying to use fear as a defense. But the former was townread by Thor, and the latter two was never brought up by anybody, so it's probably just a trivial point.

I do think there HAS to be a reason why Karnos decided to not hop onto the Thor wagon. (It's either Thor because doesn't want buddy to be lynched, or it's Transcend because Karnos doesn't want to be voting along with buddy. Way more inclined to think the former)

I do think there HAS to be a reason why Karnos challenged kcdaspot into hammering him. (Karnos trying to set up Thor to look good)

I also don't really understand where Thor's reads are at the moment. He opened today with saying that I should be town due to NKA and abandoned that as soon as I continued to push him. He also plans on lynching Transcend despite previously having a townread on him. Going as far as to say things like "Bwah, you're so bad and you're being so anti-town but you're town" and stuff like that.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by Transcend »

k well i literally can't see anyone but mhsmith being scum. is he even going to be lynched? i understand if you don't lynch him since i've been nothing but wrong all game. but i feel
really
sure it's him.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Tenshii »

So you townread Thor, or just disagree with what I've brought up? Why?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by Transcend »

i townread him but if smith isn't scum he's my next best guess for scum.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by Tenshii »

Okay so why do you townread him
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Post by Transcend »

tone and reactions

they might be faked but i'm leaning towards no.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:07 am

In post 70, karnos wrote:
In post 69, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: there is something else that bothered me about Karnos's responses that I will discuss after I feel I have enough responses to go off of.
Obviously I have to be curious about that, but more importantly: how do you feel about people who flat out refuse to answer your questions?
i just can't see Karnos throwing shade at his own partner like this... Why would he have to be sneaky about throwing shade at someone he knows is scum? It doesn't seem very SvS, especially considering the fact that I don't think anyone in the original playerlist would risk having to bus scum!Thor D1...

He also insisted I was part of the group of people he was criticizing, so I'm inclined to believe that means Thor and I are the same alignment.

Return to “Completed Open Games”