Open 646 - Semi Nightless - Game Over (D6)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Clearly you do - but you barely explain them so it's hard to track.

You think that both Giga and I potentially bussed, but you can't see a world where Tenshii has faked what he's doing (which is a lot of pro scum play, objectively)

Yeah, there's a disconnect there.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

I can understand being paranoid enough to think scum could fake what Giga and I have done.
I have that with Giga myself, because I'm a paranoid bastich.

But to have that level of paranoia and then to firmly be convinced that there is no way scum could do what Tenshii has done?

That's just silly.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

Like, if you're town, I never want you to be on my team again ever.
Because that is so nonsensical.
You're just randomly making up reads and justifying them at that stage.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

Like, if I could be faking scum - I certainly could be able to do what Tenshii did.
And Giga has the newbie shield you invent, so that doesn't make sense either to ionly suspect me because I'mma experienced.

I feel like I'm discussing reads with a magic 8-ball.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:18 am

Post by Transcend »

just because my reads contradict yours doesn't mean you can call me a "magic-8 ball".
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

When you can't justify why you townread someone over two other players - yes, yes it does.

Or, feel free to explain why Giga and I might be faking our play more than Tenshii - I can always learn.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

Your answer is going to be "the feels!" you and I both know that.
And that's an 8 ball answer.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

It doesn't even make sense.

Two people can hard bus - maybe faking scum.
One person can hard defend and push mislynches - assured town.

Derpa-dee.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

Like, apparently the way I should have played as town, would have been to not lynch Karnos, and to advise lynching Rosske and PC as obv. scums.
Man, I really blow at playing town, I don't know how to do it.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:54 am

Post by Transcend »

here you are saying that my reads are garbage but do you see me berating you for lynching killthestory when i said he was probably town?

it's kinda hurtful and it's hard to offend me, but having exerted enormous amounts of effort into this game and getting trashed like you did, it sorta hurts me and my character.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:00 am

Post by Transcend »

i also don't understand why you're apparently upset with me about the way i have my reads. tenshii's been my best townread and nothing including all the cases made against him, and all the wrong votes he pursued has changed my mind. i don't think you're scum either thor. i don't think giga's scum either. i've given my stance. don't agree with it? fine. but it is what it is.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Transcend »

this just in: gigabytetroubadour and i just played one (1) game of epicmafia dot com and i dragged his ass to a town W.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:32 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 2461, Transcend wrote:this just in: gigabytetroubadour and i just played one (1) game of epicmafia dot com and i dragged his ass to a town W.
"im a she/they u cur" - Kraska77, probably
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2459, Transcend wrote:here you are saying that my reads are garbage but do you see me berating you for lynching killthestory when i said he was probably town?
I would happily compare accuracy of reads between us this game - also, I was at elast able to explain why I had the read on KTS.
In post 2459, Transcend wrote:it's kinda hurtful and it's hard to offend me, but having exerted enormous amounts of effort into this game and getting trashed like you did, it sorta hurts me and my character.
If you can't explain a read, when I'm explicitly describing why I think it's a garbage read - then maybe you need to hear exactly why your read is bad.
I note that you're complaining that I'm hurting your feels and *not* explaining how Giga and I could be faking a bus but Tenshii couldn't be faking...whatever it is you think is pro town that Tenshii has/is done/doing.
The fact you can't explain it at all?
That's what makes it garbage.
In post 2460, Transcend wrote:i also don't understand why you're apparently upset with me about the way i have my reads. tenshii's been my best townread and nothing including all the cases made against him, and all the wrong votes he pursued has changed my mind. i don't think you're scum either thor. i don't think giga's scum either. i've given my stance. don't agree with it? fine. but it is what it is.
I am upset about your reads because you feel like an anchor around my neck.
However you felt "carrying" Giga - I feel at least that - probably more.
You continue to fail to explain why Tenshii is town.
But you want me to respect the read.
Nah.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:40 am

Post by Transcend »

I've explained my read you just don't like my reasoning.

I didn't like your reasoning for lynching KTS or Tenshii, but do I respect the read? Sure I do.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

Your "reasoning" is "gut" So yeah, I don't like it.
For starters, let's not insult reasoning and call that reasoning.

Why do you see Tenshii as more likely town than Giga or myself?
You've had that garbage read for days and I want to hear you justify it with something other than a Magic 8 Ball and claims of being a unique snowflake.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Transcend »

GUT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

have you even read the reasons I've said he's town
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Clearly not - you should repeat them in quick bullent points and highlight how they can't be faked like how Giga and I might have faked what we did.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 2433, Transcend wrote:Giga he just reads newbtown. I'm rarely wrong about noobs being town. Key word rarely. As I've said before, his reactions and content all appear genuine to me and I don't think his intentions this game are scum-motivated.
Anyways, I think that this is Town!Tenshii solving the game rather than Scum!Tenshii who is manipulating everyone. His actions don't feel that manipulative. And I think all the pushes he's made albeit some of them wrong (There's 9 people that can be mislynched vs. 2 people who can't) were all sincere and were all made by him to achieve his town wincon. I haven't seen him do one thing this game that doesn't make me think he's town.

Now D2 Giga was a bit scummy for me because of his opportunistic jumps on quite a few wagons. Including KTS when he said that he was town d1. However, Giga's d1 was pretty good and his vote is what engineered the karnos lynch. So his d2 scumminess is outweighed by his towny d1.

As for you Thor, I, to this date feel your vote on karnos was weird because it looked kinda lazy. "Well this slot is town and voting this slot so chances are that this slot is mafia". I don't like the way you acquiesced to karnos. However, I think your tone has been consistent and I think your efforts to lynch scum appear genuine as well.

Long story short: I do not discredit the fact that you and Giga are towny mo-fos. I agree. It's just you two have had a few weird movements this game as opposed to Tenshii who I've solidly townread all game.

And I'm far from the only person who thought Tenshii was obvious town. Ahem, may I bring your attention to the likes of Killthestory, Wingback and iraonavp?

I sincerely feel all this babbling is pointless since smith's probably last scum here.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:15 am

Honestly I'm having a difficult time coming up with reasons for anyone else being the last wolf. I just want a back-up plan.

Assuming mhsmith is a mislynch... Who kills Thor before LYLO and who kills me? Does anyone kill {Tenshii, Transcend} at all?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Magic 8-Ball

You reversed your newb town Tenshii call.
Why are you presenting it again like it still means something? Are you reversing the reverse?

Also, apparently this read is based on your ability to accurately read newbs (a debatable factoid) and also has some issues since it is apparently debatable that Tenshii is a newb (though I agree she's hard presenting as such by doing nothing).

Finally, your read comes down to "Thor and Giga made some votes I find odd, while Tenshii feels honest" <-- hint: that's called gut.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

Went back and looked.
Still not really feeling mhsmith as scum - his move on Karnos went from a soft defense to a hardline issue in line with a discussion with Giga that was also soft, but it looks like he legit went back and read.
Why soft defend and then do that shift? Maybe a fakeout play, but doesn't seem particularly worth it.

Wanna lynch Tenshii or Transcend now.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Transcend »

My read on Tenshii is still the same, now that I know he's had some experience.

Okay Thor let's think of common things scum do to manipulate.

"hey you should vote this guy" is a very common one.

Tenshii DID NOT EVER tell anyone to vote his way. Tenshii did Tenshii's thing which included lots of vanity wagons that got little to no momentum. I feel Tenshii was using his vote to help him personally figure out scum. Unfortunately it resulted in a couple of mislynches and bad reads much like myself. But I'm smart enough to know town is capable of making such mistakes.

This is not a gut read honestly. The townread on Tenshii that is. That is a solid townread I've carried for about two months and nothing's changed from it.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:28 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 2469, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Honestly I'm having a difficult time coming up with reasons for anyone else being the last wolf. I just want a back-up plan.

Assuming mhsmith is a mislynch... Who kills Thor before LYLO and who kills me? Does anyone kill {Tenshii, Transcend} at all?
i can't see either of me/tenshii dying at night. however, i don't also think we're gonna get a night with smithrope. i think we're gonna get the pts from the host.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:31 am

Transcend wrote:Tenshii DID NOT EVER tell anyone to vote his way.
In post 314, Tenshii wrote:Lol I meant to say townread my bad. Idk why but I thought I remember you townreading him. And I for sure remember giga unvoting KTS due to "towny vibes"

PC voting without substance = KC reading without substance

But ayy lmao let's get this choo choo train goingggggg

VOTE: PhantomCobalt
< : /

Anyway, I still think that Tenshii is more likely to be town than mhsmith because I don't see why Tenshii
doesn't
shoot Thor at this point when he can easily push the ML onto mhsmith and get into a LYLO with Transcend+Iraon.

Mhsmith isn't that scummy though, which is why I really don't feel good about any plan.

Return to “Completed Open Games”