- Nudude, liamcool, Thanatos, charter, Disciple Slayer
liamcool (2) - Gorgon, Hang'em High
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (1)- Lord Nikon
Disciple Slayer (1) - VampyreLord
Infinitive (1) - deepthought

Not Voting (2) - Infinitive, Dark_Lady_Shaiann,

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Disciple Slayer wrote:@DT

Why'd you change your avatar to that of a doctor? Your old one was a scum avatar, wasn't it? Is this to try and convince us that you are indeed the doc?

@everyone else

When DT first claimed doc, I was initially unwilling to vote him. However, consider this scenario. I am inclined to believe it.

DT is mafia. He claimed doc hoping that the real doc counterclaims. Once someone else counterclaims, the mafia kills the real doc at night. DT may be lynched, but existing mafia voting for him will have suspicion taken off them for putting votes on DT early.

One thing went wrong, though. The real doc, who probably is smart, didn't counterclaim and/or is inactive. This leaves the mafia no option but to switch their votes to someone else. I don't have time to browse through the beginning of the thread, but people who voted for DT early then pulled it off should be viewed as suspects.

I continue to believe that deepthroat's doc claim is false. He admitted to thinking about fucking with the town and claiming cop, which puts him in a fallacious mindset. If he could do a fake cop claim, he can do a fake doc claim.
Nudude wrote:I'd like to present a hypothetical.

DT is mafia who role claimed to save his neck, and possibly lure out the doc. The doc doesn't take the bait and doesn't counter claim.

He knows that the townies won't know the real doc, but the scum will, and he will die. Instead, knowing that if DT isn't lynched or NK D1, his guilt will be apparent in D2 anyway, no need for the real doc to stick his neck out.

I daresay this is why we haven't had a counter - claim yet.

DS brings up a good point, it is a perfectly reasonable mafia play to leave DT alive IF he is doc, as we are going to be mighty suspicious of him D2, where we will likely be forced to lynch him anyway.
I like how me and a psychologist came to the same conclusion. I can be a psychologist too! :D
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Disciple Slayer wrote:Just wondering, Thanatos. Why would you want to have him killed tomorrow if we don't lynch him and he survives?
Actually, let me take that back, partially.. I had confused this with a Newbie, which only has three days. However, I just did the math and, assuming we don't have third parties (a big assumption) we have 5 till the game should end. With a third party it's 4 at most. I want him to be dead by second to last day, and I want him dead day 2 or 3 (2 if we have 4 days, 3 if we have 5) if we're still dealing with a full scum party at that time. I believe that his death, more than most others, will give us a good look at the format of this game, scum or not, so he should die before endgame..

Even though they may wish to throw us off, a Doctor is still a delectable target, so they may do it anyways. Either way,if it's honest, his claim hurt the town, because it put the initiave for the night in the Scums court. ( He should have waited if he's honest. Claiming Doc is a bad move no matter what.) In the end, we're in a pickle leting him live, but we can't kill him easily either...

...I have an idea.
We'll have the cop, whoever he is, investigate DT. If he's innocent, the cop can be silent. If he's giulty, The cop can claim.
The only risk is that he's the godfather, in which case, the Doc will have to counterclaim, and then there is basicly the doc getting killed N2, the cop N3, and us having 1-2 days left.
More than that, it'll be difficult to confirm it unless everyone agrees.
To be honest, I believe we'll be able to survive this.
It's a gamble, I know. What do you all think about it?
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Nudude »

Disciple Slayer wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:@DT

Why'd you change your avatar to that of a doctor? Your old one was a scum avatar, wasn't it? Is this to try and convince us that you are indeed the doc?

@everyone else

When DT first claimed doc, I was initially unwilling to vote him. However, consider this scenario. I am inclined to believe it.

DT is mafia. He claimed doc hoping that the real doc counterclaims. Once someone else counterclaims, the mafia kills the real doc at night. DT may be lynched, but existing mafia voting for him will have suspicion taken off them for putting votes on DT early.

One thing went wrong, though. The real doc, who probably is smart, didn't counterclaim and/or is inactive. This leaves the mafia no option but to switch their votes to someone else. I don't have time to browse through the beginning of the thread, but people who voted for DT early then pulled it off should be viewed as suspects.

I continue to believe that deepthroat's doc claim is false. He admitted to thinking about fucking with the town and claiming cop, which puts him in a fallacious mindset. If he could do a fake cop claim, he can do a fake doc claim.
Nudude wrote:I'd like to present a hypothetical.

DT is mafia who role claimed to save his neck, and possibly lure out the doc. The doc doesn't take the bait and doesn't counter claim.

He knows that the townies won't know the real doc, but the scum will, and he will die. Instead, knowing that if DT isn't lynched or NK D1, his guilt will be apparent in D2 anyway, no need for the real doc to stick his neck out.

I daresay this is why we haven't had a counter - claim yet.

DS brings up a good point, it is a perfectly reasonable mafia play to leave DT alive IF he is doc, as we are going to be mighty suspicious of him D2, where we will likely be forced to lynch him anyway.
I like how me and a psychologist came to the same conclusion. I can be a psychologist too! :D
Haha I'm only first year, nothing fancy!
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by deepthought »

Thanatos wrote:What do you all think about it?
It's bone-headed. Even
if
the mafia ignores the claimed doc n1 (and good luck with that), the cop can't investigate me and not tell anyone because the rest of the town's going to want to lynch me within about an hour. He's just wasted an investigation whether I get nightkilled or not.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:13 pm

Post by Infinitive »

Wow, I really hate this weekend. My PSP is now a fancy, expensive paperweight. I didn't even screw around with the firmware. It's outside of the warranty too; I got it secondhand.

Goddamn it.

Anyway... it seems to me that the proposed strategy regarding DT is thus: Either we lynch him now or lynch him tomorrow. I'm not saying that it's the right thing to do yet, even though I am inclined towards DT over anyone else in the thread (as noted by my rather exasperated previous post). Here are the scenerios I see:

Option 1: We don't lynch Deepthought. In this case, one a couple of things happens: One, he's not scum and the real scum see a claimed doc as being tempting enough to not take any chances (nightkill, which he doesn't seem too worried about, oddly). In this case, we lynched someone else and are down a doc, which is probably (unless we got lucky otherwise) not very good for the long game. Two is that the scum don't take the bait and try to get a fortunate lynch out of us on day two, presenting the town with a classic wine in front of me (<3 Princess Bride) situation where we have little choice other than to lynch him, as he's been scummy in general and survived the night. Three is that he is in fact scum, in which case the solution to possibility two applies, for the same reason.

Option 2: We lynch him. In this case, he's either scum or not, and the Mafia chooses who among us is cutting through the BS best and NK them. On day 2, we're left with some ground-level suspicions on several people for scummy activity, as well as suspicion on myself, Thanatos, and HEH (and POSSIBLY a little Nudude) for spearheading the investigation against Deepthought if he was, in fact, town.

Option 3: We don't lynch Deepthought and then leave him live on day 2; after this point, it is unlikely that he will ever be lynched. If he is actually scum, it will likely lead to a loss for the town. If he's actually a doc, it may prolong the game for a further day if he gets a lucky protect.

I don't really know which option I prefer... I'm not a terribly big fan of option three, if only because the consequences if he's scum are so incredibly high. OTOH, options 1 and 2 are also bad at this point because if he IS doc, despite the scummy read we're getting off him (I dunno, maybe he's played scum in 80% of those games he played on the other site). I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards action over inaction, especially as I do not yet see a seriously viable alternative (liamcool is an alternative, but it not yet very close to DT on my scumdar).

Someone wanted me to talk about my vote somewhere; sorry, it's midnight after a seriously long day, so I'm not gonna go hunt down. I knew/thought it was L-1 (the post at the top of page 12; I scrolled up, said 5 votes, and I'm just glad nobody voted for him on page 13 or I woulda seriously screwed things up). I said what I said because in both the games I've been in, anyone who puts someone at L-1 on day 1 gets everyone on them like s*** on velcro. Like I said there and said since, I was tired and pissed for several reasons, and didn't think things through as well as I should have before posting.

On a side note, screw high level rangers with Arrows of Slaying at a DC27 Fort or Die. The last combat of my module (D&D adventure) literally ended on the first turn of combat; the guy fired four of those damn arrows into my mounted hobgoblin chargers. The very next person to go Baleful Polymorphed the only remaining person on the field into a small black kitten, which they named Old Wicked (after her god). She even passed the save to retain her mind, but there were two frickin' Fatespinners in the party, and they kept forcing rerolls till she became a kitten in mind and body. Argh.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:19 pm

Post by Thanatos »

deepthought wrote:
It's bone-headed. Even
if
the mafia ignores the claimed doc n1 (and good luck with that), the cop can't investigate me and not tell anyone because the rest of the town's going to want to lynch me within about an hour. He's just wasted an investigation whether I get nightkilled or not.
The point of it is that we take his silence like it's him saying yes.

He can't say yes because he'll be killed the next night.

He can, however, say no, because that means there is still a doctor out there, thus, until the Doctor dies, he is safe.

If we can all agree to this, we can get an answer without revealing the Cop.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by Nudude »

Infinitive wrote:Wow, I really hate this weekend. My PSP is now a fancy, expensive paperweight. I didn't even screw around with the firmware. It's outside of the warranty too; I got it secondhand.

Goddamn it.

Anyway... it seems to me that the proposed strategy regarding DT is thus: Either we lynch him now or lynch him tomorrow. I'm not saying that it's the right thing to do yet, even though I am inclined towards DT over anyone else in the thread (as noted by my rather exasperated previous post). Here are the scenerios I see:

Option 1: We don't lynch Deepthought. In this case, one a couple of things happens: One, he's not scum and the real scum see a claimed doc as being tempting enough to not take any chances (nightkill, which he doesn't seem too worried about, oddly). In this case, we lynched someone else and are down a doc, which is probably (unless we got lucky otherwise) not very good for the long game. Two is that the scum don't take the bait and try to get a fortunate lynch out of us on day two, presenting the town with a classic wine in front of me (<3 Princess Bride) situation where we have little choice other than to lynch him, as he's been scummy in general and survived the night. Three is that he is in fact scum, in which case the solution to possibility two applies, for the same reason.

Option 2: We lynch him. In this case, he's either scum or not, and the Mafia chooses who among us is cutting through the BS best and NK them. On day 2, we're left with some ground-level suspicions on several people for scummy activity, as well as suspicion on myself, Thanatos, and HEH (and POSSIBLY a little Nudude) for spearheading the investigation against Deepthought if he was, in fact, town.

Option 3: We don't lynch Deepthought and then leave him live on day 2; after this point, it is unlikely that he will ever be lynched. If he is actually scum, it will likely lead to a loss for the town. If he's actually a doc, it may prolong the game for a further day if he gets a lucky protect.

I don't really know which option I prefer... I'm not a terribly big fan of option three, if only because the consequences if he's scum are so incredibly high. OTOH, options 1 and 2 are also bad at this point because if he IS doc, despite the scummy read we're getting off him (I dunno, maybe he's played scum in 80% of those games he played on the other site). I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards action over inaction, especially as I do not yet see a seriously viable alternative (liamcool is an alternative, but it not yet very close to DT on my scumdar).

Someone wanted me to talk about my vote somewhere; sorry, it's midnight after a seriously long day, so I'm not gonna go hunt down. I knew/thought it was L-1 (the post at the top of page 12; I scrolled up, said 5 votes, and I'm just glad nobody voted for him on page 13 or I woulda seriously screwed things up). I said what I said because in both the games I've been in, anyone who puts someone at L-1 on day 1 gets everyone on them like s*** on velcro. Like I said there and said since, I was tired and pissed for several reasons, and didn't think things through as well as I should have before posting.

On a side note, screw high level rangers with Arrows of Slaying at a DC27 Fort or Die. The last combat of my module (D&D adventure) literally ended on the first turn of combat; the guy fired four of those damn arrows into my mounted hobgoblin chargers. The very next person to go Baleful Polymorphed the only remaining person on the field into a small black kitten, which they named Old Wicked (after her god). She even passed the save to retain her mind, but there were two frickin' Fatespinners in the party, and they kept forcing rerolls till she became a kitten in mind and body. Argh.
OOC for a second......DC 27 Arrows of death? How the hell did he get something like those that's BS.....
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:23 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Infinitive: can I have your opinion on my rather convoluted plan?

DT: I find your hesitation odd, considering that, if your innocent, this gives you the greatest chance of not being killed by us., while the town itself gets the best security it can in this situation.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:24 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Nudude: same question. I want all the input I can get.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Nudude wrote:
Infinitive wrote:Wow, I really hate this weekend. My PSP is now a fancy, expensive paperweight. I didn't even screw around with the firmware. It's outside of the warranty too; I got it secondhand.

Goddamn it.

OOC for a second......DC 27 Arrows of death? How the hell did he get something like those that's BS.....
I've seen crazier shit happen. *cough*binders*cough*
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by deepthought »

Thanatos wrote: The point of it is that we take his silence like it's him saying yes.

He can, however, say no, because that means there is still a doctor out there, thus, until the Doctor dies, he is safe.

Ahh. That actually makes a lot of sense (I hadn't considered the "there's still a doc" part), but there's still the problem that the mafia's almost certainly going to kill the claimed doc and the cop's investigation is most likely wasted.
Infinitive wrote:(nightkill, which he doesn't seem too worried about, oddly)
There are a couple new SA games firing up that I want to get in on, so I've replaced out of another mini and I'm basically just waiting to be nightkilled.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:41 pm

Post by Thanatos »

deepthought wrote:
Thanatos wrote: The point of it is that we take his silence like it's him saying yes.

Ahh. That actually makes a lot of sense (I hadn't considered the "there's still a doc" part), but there's still the problem that the mafia's almost certainly going to kill the claimed doc and the cop's investigation is most likely wasted.
Infinitive wrote:(nightkill, which he doesn't seem too worried about, oddly)
There are a couple new SA games firing up that I want to get in on, so I've replaced out of another mini and I'm basically just waiting to be nightkilled.
They could do that anyways. Or they could not, and try to dick with the rest of us by not killing you. If we kill you, they don't have to.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by Thanatos »

EBWOP: If we kill you, they don't have to, after all.

Just wanted to clarify that.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:24 pm

Post by Nudude »

In regards to Thanatos's plan.

We need to consider a few things. Do we want to protect the cop (if any) as much as we can and maximise the time he has to investigate? Have him roleclaim as soon as he finds scum? Or a mix of the two, confirm a few townies, maybe one or two scum, and have him roleclaim? And this all of course depends on the cops attitude as well.

The doc/cop roles are very powerful when they work together, the cop can absolve or condem virtually unhindered as the doc secretly keeps him safe. Having a secret cop and a public doc is virtually worthless (As far as I know, if anyone can think of a way this works well let me know).

The only purpose DT, if he is the doc, can serve now is if he gets very lucky and picks the right person to protect, because once the cop outs himself he's dead.

I am convinced DT is scum and role claimed to save his neck. The only reason I haven't pushed for a lynching is because there is no need for it. I can read posts and form thoughts, I just tag onto every thought I have "Bear in mind DT is almost certainly scum".

What I suggest is we do some more investigating, lynch DT when we feel that we've got enough info from D1 (unless obviously evidence arises absolving DT of guilt, or irrevocably condeming someone else), and give the cop a few days to clear/condemn a few people.

I do like the theory of the plan, there's just too many "If's" for me, sorry mate =(.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:22 am

Post by Nudude »

Thanatos wrote:
deepthought wrote:
It's bone-headed. Even
if
The point of it is that we take his silence like it's him saying yes.

Sorry, I missed this thread of logic.

Of course, if DT IS scum, then the real doc is still out there to protect the cop.

Scum have to carefully consider the risk of wasting a NK to attack a protected cop, even if there isn't a doc.

This plan hinges on there being a cop, but I daresay the odds are very much in our favour. Given that you have to eventually take some risk, your usually best off going with the one that gives you the best odds, and considering this, I change my mind.

So far, I'd say it sounds good, but I would like to hear from the other players before we set anything in motion. We've got plenty of time to consider this plan.
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:31 am

Post by deepthought »

Thanatos wrote:They could do that anyways.
And why wouldn't they after you've made it perfectly clear who the cop's going after? Now the doc's dead and the cop doesn't have any n1 results that aren't already confirmed by the cardflip (and my "I told you so, idiots" post).

It doesn't hinge on there being a cop, it hinges on the mafia
ignoring a claimed doc
. There's no reason to hope I get lynched day 2 when they can just as easily off me sooner and not run the risk of losing a kill.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Infinitive »

I'm not a fan of your plan, Thanatos, because I think that Deepthought's analysis is dead on. If DT is actually town, it's a very good move for the scum to NK him. If we have a cop investigate him (and SAY that we're doing so), the scum take their nightkill and get a free roleblock on the cop for a night, as the target of his investigation croaks. Then we're sitting on day 2 with very few leads and a dead doc. That is, of course, if DT escapes the noose. Not the best plan IMHO.

I really think that the cop, whoever (s)he is, should at this point choose a plan of action carefully and not tell anyone about it ahead of time. If the scum know what the cop is gonna do, they can work around it. If he has to claim later, okay. I don't care for the cop-for-a-scum trade one bit, but if we can lynch a scum today, it might be worth it.

And remember the part where I mentioned Fatespinners at the table? Yeah, when there are three fatespinners using all their spin up on save-or-die effects, the game ends awfully quickly. In addition to that, the arrows were crafted and carried around by a specialist Necromancer with GSF in that school, to be handed out to whatever archer-y type he happened to bump into. Since they only cost the guy 50 gold apiece to make...
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:48 am

Post by charter »

deepthought wrote:
charter wrote:You didn't seem to have a very good case against either, but still say that "infinitive and DS are scummier than an algae factory" yet you don't back this up very well.
What exactly are you waiting for, someone to roleclaim scum? I gave you my impressions of each player and those three are the ones that looked scummiest at that point - I picked Infinitive because he hasn't said anything for a while. If you agree that liamcool looks scummy, vote him and I'll join in. Doesn't make any particular difference.
So you just have your "impressions" of everyone? You're not going on anything but your hunches?

I don't know why other people are letting you off the hook. You haven't explained anything scummy you've done, you haven't hunted for scum, you haven't made many significant contributions to the town, most of your posts are meaningless tripe, and you don't ever explain your posts when someone questions them. You just say something like "I already addressed this" or something else to dodge speculation about you.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Thanatos »

deepthought wrote:
Thanatos wrote:They could do that anyways.
And why wouldn't they after you've made it perfectly clear who the cop's going after? Now the doc's dead and the cop doesn't have any n1 results that aren't already confirmed by the cardflip (and my "I told you so, idiots" post).

It doesn't hinge on there being a cop, it hinges on the mafia
ignoring a claimed doc
. There's no reason to hope I get lynched day 2 when they can just as easily off me sooner and not run the risk of losing a kill.
*sigh* I was hoping no one would bring this up, and that the scum would miss it.

Because frankly, if you don't die tonight, and we don't do this plan, you're dead tomorrow or at best, the day after, as far as I'm concerned. This way, the Scum HAVE to kill you tonight, assuming of course, you are scum.

In other words, part of this plan is, if they notice it, forcing the scum to kill you, instead of dicking around with us.

I'll be honest. You're going to die. If your innocent, I'd rather they do it than us.
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:26 am

Post by deepthought »

Thanatos wrote:I'll be honest. You're going to die. If your innocent, I'd rather they do it than us.
Exactly. Let me get nightkilled (or lynched tomorrow, if need be) and let the cop use his investigation somewhere more useful to the town.
charter wrote:So you just have your "impressions" of everyone? You're not going on anything but your hunches?
Yep, just like you and every other player. The only difference is that I'm more honest about the fact that my reasoning is all intuition (and may certainly be wrong, there could be two townies and a cop in my list of suspects for all I know). Still, call it whatever you want; it's is more thoughtful than most that's been posted in this thread, and in any case I'm the only one between the two of us that hasn't voted for the doc. I'd say that gives me the right to ignore your "significant contribution to the town" talk.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Thanatos »

deepthought wrote:
Thanatos wrote:I'll be honest. You're going to die. If your innocent, I'd rather they do it than us.
Exactly. Let me get nightkilled (or lynched tomorrow, if need be) and let the cop use his investigation somewhere more useful to the town.
charter wrote:So you just have your "impressions" of everyone? You're not going on anything but your hunches?
Yep, just like you and every other player. The only difference is that I'm more honest about the fact that my reasoning is all intuition (and may certainly be wrong, there could be two townies and a cop in my list of suspects for all I know). Still, call it whatever you want; it's is more thoughtful than most that's been posted in this thread, and in any case I'm the only one between the two of us that hasn't voted for the doc. I'd say that gives me the right to ignore your "significant contribution to the town" talk.
Argh!

I've already told you, if we don't do it, they might NOT NK you!

By forcing them to kill you (assuming of course, you aren't scum) we prevent them from messing with us.

Frankly, a doc who can't live more than 2 nights, is better off dead for the town night one than his life being used to mess with the town as a whole.
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:01 am

Post by deepthought »

Thanatos wrote:Argh!

So? I think everyone's working under the presumption that the town's going to gang-rape me on day 2 if I'm still alive, which is perfectly okay because

a) the only benefit the scum could possibly get leaving me alive overnight is the chance to take out the cop night 1 and get me lynched the following day. That's a pretty dumb play by the odds.

b) If the scum pick another target, we may have other power roles that do their thing and completely turn everyone's assumptions on their heads. Roleblockers, vigs, cops of varying sanities (that's one possibility I suggest you all keep in mind for day 2 whether I'm still alive or not), redirectors, watchers, who knows. I may very well be alive and cleared by new evidence when day breaks.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Thanatos »

deepthought wrote:
Thanatos wrote:Argh!

So? I think everyone's working under the presumption that the town's going to gang-rape me on day 2 if I'm still alive, which is perfectly okay because

a) the only benefit the scum could possibly get leaving me alive overnight is the chance to take out the cop night 1 and get me lynched the following day. That's a pretty dumb play by the odds.

b) If the scum pick another target, we may have other power roles that do their thing and completely turn everyone's assumptions on their heads. Roleblockers, vigs, cops of varying sanities (that's one possibility I suggest you all keep in mind for day 2 whether I'm still alive or not), redirectors, watchers, who knows. I may very well be alive and cleared by new evidence when day breaks.
..No benefit? How about if we lynch the doc, we arn't lynching Scum? it's better for the scum if we waste a lynch. Even better on the Doctor. If you ARE innocent, We'd be forcing them to do it themselves.
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:12 am

Post by deepthought »

Thanatos wrote:..No benefit? How about if we lynch the doc, we arn't lynching Scum? it's better for the scum if we waste a lynch. Even better on the Doctor. If you ARE innocent, We'd be forcing them to do it themselves.
The whole discussion's moot if the town lynches me day 1 - we're talking about what the scum and cop can be expected to do if I'm still alive and what the ramifications would be. You think the cop should investigate me; I don't.

You're trying incredibly hard to be dense.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Disciple Slayer »

deepthought wrote:The whole discussion's moot if the town lynches me day 1 - we're talking about what the scum and cop can be expected to do if I'm still alive and what the ramifications would be.
You think the cop should investigate me; I don't.

You're trying incredibly hard to be dense.
Because you know if he investigates you, he'll find out you're scum? Or now that your gambit to find the real doc has failed, are you trying to find the cop for a NK?
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”