Mini 518: Underground Mafia, The Nightmare is Over!

Mexal
Mexal
Goon
Mexal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Mexal »

I'm here and have been here. Nothing to say though.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by Adel »

Korlash wrote:Now how about a couple comments on the game so far, feelings on every player, main points against me, The usual replacement stuff ;P
nah, I think I'll lurk for the rest of the day, leaving my vote on you because you are the person I think is scum. I don't feel like explaining why the sky often appears blue today, and I don't feel like laying out my case against you.
GunslingerKB
GunslingerKB
Townie
GunslingerKB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by GunslingerKB »

Sorry guys, ill reread and post before the night is up. :D
-The Gunslinger-
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

Adel wrote:nah, I think I'll lurk for the rest of the day, leaving my vote on you because you are the person I think is scum. I don't feel like explaining why the sky often appears blue today, and I don't feel like laying out my case against you.
Ok... Now that I have a reason other then OMGUS,

Unvote:

Vote: Adel

Fine then... we can each have a stare down... >.> I will never blink!!!!!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Adel »

Korlash wrote:Ok... Now that I have a reason other then OMGUS
So the only reason keeping you from voting for me before was your fear of casting a OMGUS vote? So you waited until I gave you an excuse to vote for me, and you are even admitting it?

Some friendly advice: if you are going to participate in a game that allegedly relies upon logic, you may want to familiarize yourself with "confirmation bias" so you will be able to self-correct, and think more clearly.

The Wikipedia does a decent job of defining it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

You can go ahead and unvote me now. I don't think anyone will really mind.

:)
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Korlash »

Unvote you? A person who refuses to give any reason for a vote? Hell yeah! Lets do that![/sarcasm]

And what the heck... I refused to vote for you and insted asked for a reason why you voted me. If I had voted there it would have been purely OMGUS... But instead of giving a reason you more or less admitted you had none... OR that you were refusing to give them... and so I now had a logical reason to vote you.

As for "Confirmation bias" you are way off. I had no intention of voting you before, as I said I merely wanted to find out why you voted me. So any vote then would be OMGUS and I find that to be a very bad reason to vote.

And now that I had a reason to vote I saw no reason not to.

And I do not even know why I am arguing this... either give a reason for your vote, and some input on the game so far, or I see no reason to take my vote off of you.

Man voting me just because I got you killed in another game... Who's really biased here... ><

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by Adel »

Korlash wrote:Man voting me just because I got you killed in another game... Who's really biased here... ><
You are citing a game that is still in progress. Do you want to get modkilled?

You really shouldn't type so much.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by Jitsu »

Sorry folks, I've been skimming the thread and have been following. My son has been sick this week and I've been looking after him.

First of all, thanks to Adel and Setael for replacing.

I don't have much to say until I'm sure the replacements are caught up. I would like to second the request for some general comments/impressions/suspicions from Adel and Setael when they are caught up.

@Adel: You mentioned you skimmed the thread and voted him on first impression, along with some other general reasons. Are you up to date on the game yet? In #536, You say about Korlash "you are the person I think is scum". Is he the only one you find scummy right now, or is he just your number one suspect at the moment? I have other questions, but I want to wait until you are fully caught up.

I have no questions for Setael at this time, as it seems she is still completing her initial read.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by Korlash »

Citing what game? Where? When?

Is this the game where we had that long long discussion about this? I keep forgetting...

As for your question, No i do not want to get modkilled.. I want to know any reason why you are voting me other then "You feel like it"

And you should type more...

Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by Jitsu »

@Mod: I thought I read that oEJo is being replaced. Is that still in the works?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Adel »

Jitsu wrote:@Adel: You mentioned you skimmed the thread and voted him on first impression, along with some other general reasons. Are you up to date on the game yet?
nope, I
did
ask for 96 hours...
In #536, You say about Korlash "you are the person I think is scum". Is he the only one you find scummy right now, or is he just your number one suspect at the moment?
aren't his reaction informative? I think so
I have other questions, but I want to wait until you are fully caught up.
thanks!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by Korlash »

Most likely... Probably just waiting on a third person to replace... I would be happy to replace him ;)

Wouldn't it be funny if he were mafia? Then I would have to play both sides... Like play pro-town for me and play pro-mafia for him... Kinda complicated but I would win no matter what! =D

wouldn't that mean I lose no matter what also D=

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Korlash »

Adel wrote:Is he the only one you find scummy right now, or is he just your number one suspect at the moment?
aren't his reaction informative? I think so
Nice job avoiding the question... In fact nice job avoiding all questions directed at you...

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Adel »

Korlash wrote:Citing what game? Where? When?

Is this the game where we had that long long discussion about this? I keep forgetting...

As for your question, No i do not want to get modkilled.. I want to know any reason why you are voting me other then "You feel like it"

And you should type more...
please note this is his "sincere" reaction when caught doing something wrong. notice how well the syntax, tone, and structure fits in with the rest of his posts. It is obvious to me that he is trying to get away with something.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:13 pm

Post by Adel »

Korlash wrote:Um... I honestly laughed at that... Sorry... I need to sit down for a second... Ouch my spaghetti...

Ok... Is it just me or is the quote:
Gunslinger wrote:Why else would you be jumping on the weaker player that has made some dumb posts? (Ie: Me)
Not the funniest damn thing you have ever heard...

Ahh man... My head hurts... Ohhh that was great...

Listen man... No matter how newb you are if you make a dumb post expect to get hounded on it.

Ok... where was I...

Slightly OMGUSish... But reasonable... I appreciate you focusing on a more active player... Props for that...

Now how to completely turn the tables on you... decisions... decisions... Oh I haven't had such a hard time choosing something since the Mace was invented.. How I loved the Flail... anyways...

Um... I pointed out where you agreed we should let the replacements come in and then you more or less go back on that as your reasons to vote. So either you have no reasons or you have contradicted yourself...

I jumped on Jitsu kinda... Not a full on vote but his vote more or less started my earlier rants against the Anata Bandwagon... As for Mexal.. I more or less ignore him... =D
Gunslinger wrote: You seem dire to make me look like scum, even though half the people in this game have realized im pretty much ust a newb. It seems as though you know Anata is scum, and that your trying to protect a teamate.
Newb =/= automatically towny or a free pass in this game. I could care less if this is your first game, you did something I felt was scummy and I called you on it. If you think being new is a good excuse then boy do you have the wrong game...

As for the teammate thing, not to get to WIFOM, but if I were Anata's partner I would use this as a perfect time to bus... I mean Replacement... Day 1... I am not exactly the most pro-town looking player so far... All in all it would make more sense that her partners would be pushing for her lynch... But as I said it becomes way too much WIFOM and I don't like to get too far into that.
Gunslinger wrote:Many people made clear posts about why Anata would be scum, and you just seemed to "fail to understand why she could be" Now it seems like your trying to tturn the attention from Anata onto me. Just because of some weak post i made.
Again... Stop falling back on your newbiness.. Feel confident.. that is key to a mafia game... No matter how dumb you may think you sound, be as confident as you can and you are more likely to win over the other players. That being said... Let me show you how it's done...
*Clear throat*

I have clearly mentioned how I want the town to focus on active players. Attacking and voting replacements will get us no where.. there is no chance in hell we will lynch someone right now.. we have 3-4 people being replaced plus me, thats 5 townies (Potentially) not going to vote in a lynch. So... Not nearly enough people to lynch. So I feel we need to press the actives to squeeze as much info as we can right now or else risk a complete standstill. So yes, I would rather get the attention off her and onto you. I also would like to get it onto me (Quite frankly I feel I can totally dominate you in any back and forth attacks so I have no fear putting myself in the spotlight. No offense...)

So more or less thats my stand... As for the "Clear posts about why she is scum" thing... Those were 7 pages ago... Restate them now or wait for her replacement... Whether or not you feel the case has been stated, she has been inactive for half this dang game... half of your "case" is worthless because it more or less hangs on the fact "She gave no pro-town excuses for things she did" when in reality.. She barely gave any excuses at all because she has not been here...

Any case brought around after she asked for a replacement should not be used as a basis for a lynch. If you cannot understand where I am coming from by all means continue on with this. You guys could be the most lucky town in the world and have magically found a mafia member... But I feel the chances are more likely your all blowing it out of proportion or blindly following the scum on their anti-town crusade.

So... Let me throw up my case... and see what you guys think about it...

When you attack someone, you base a lot of your stuff on how that player reacts to it yes? So their reaction be it scummy or towny looking will direct how you think of them. at the same time, in most cases, if a player deliberately does not answer questions/attacks thrown at them then they seem scummy for not answering. BUT, when a player is
UNABLE
, I repeat
UNABLE
To respond to those attacks you more or less lose everything you were trying to get from attacking them in the first place.

See half of what you guys are calling a "Clear case" on Anata is speculation about what she "MIGHT" have meant... Because we do not have her explanations on things, we do not get to see what her excuses/reasons are for what she did and so we are all rolling with what WE THINK happened. This is very dangerous people... You are all pushing for a lynch of a defenseless towny(Not saying she is town, just a term I use to describe anyone I am unsure about... better safe then sorry)

And yes I know if Anata comes up scum I look bad, but I don't care about myself. I care about this town and this town winning! And so I do not want us to end day 1 by taking a huge gamble and missing out on info from the people being replaced...

While I will say Anata is probably the "MOST SUSPICIOUS" person, I do not see enough for a lynch... Not in a long shot... You guys had a case against her 8 pages ago, but it wasn't enough to lynch then.. so it damn sure isn't enough to lynch now... So if you guys want to take a gamble go ahead. I only hope you wise up come tomorrow... And I really hope you do not make a huge mistake we regret for the rest of the game...

My vote sticks on you Gunslinger.. You rely too much on the fact you are "New" and have even admitted your posts are "weak and dumb."
this is the scummiest post I've read so far, by any player. I'm caught up through #449. Korlash is scum, and knows who isn't scum. He didn't want to push the wagon on Anata- he wanted to be on the record warning against it.
Anata
Setael is therefor is an innocent.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

Get away... What?

Your trying very hard to "make" a case around me aren't you? You seriously have bad feelings for me don't you...

Alright I will make this plain and simple so even you can understand.

I did nothing wrong. And so you more or less just said I have been doing nothing wrong all game. Thank you! <3 But I do not need your help here...

See unless you can specifically prove the game I "mentioned" is still active, which you cannot without citing it, You cannot prove I have done anything wrong. And even if it is still active, I did not link it, quote it, or even mention anything big other then the fact I helped to kill someone.

So Adel... You wouldn't by chance be trying to usurp my title of Crap Logic Korlash would you? Cause I do not think that title would fit you very well... I mean you do not even look like Korlash... ><

Also if you can even find a structure in my posts you are crazy... :P

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by Adel »

Korlash wrote:Most likely... Probably just waiting on a third person to replace... I would be happy to replace him ;)

Wouldn't it be funny if he were mafia? Then I would have to play both sides... Like play pro-town for me and play pro-mafia for him... Kinda complicated but I would win no matter what! =D

wouldn't that mean I lose no matter what also D=
the vast, vast majority of Korlash's posts are nonsense spam posts like this one. Their major function is to clutter the thread and make it harder for townies to extract useful information.

He has a very high post count in this thread, but his signal:noise ratio is about the lowest.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by Jitsu »

Adel wrote:this is the scummiest post I've read so far, by any player. I'm caught up through #449. Korlash is scum, and knows who isn't scum. He didn't want to push the wagon on Anata- he wanted to be on the record warning against it.
Anata
Setael is therefor is an innocent.
Keep reading.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Adel »

only a fool will tempt the God
Korlash wrote:See unless you can specifically prove the game I "mentioned" is still active, which you cannot without citing it, You cannot prove I have done anything wrong. And even if it is still active, I did not link it, quote it, or even mention anything big other then the fact I helped to kill someone.
*waits for
lightning strike
deadly cave-in*
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:27 pm

Post by Korlash »

Adel wrote:this is the scummiest post I've read so far, by any player.
Can I ask why?
Adel wrote:Korlash is scum, and knows who isn't scum. He didn't want to push the wagon on Anata- he wanted to be on the record warning against it.
Or you are scum and know she is innocent and so you want to be on the record saying it. It is all a WIFOM game here. Heres a scenario: you, me, and her are all partners. This could all be a ploy to kill me and make you two appear innocent the rest of the game. Or here is another one: I am town, She is town, and you are town and this is all blown out of proportion.

I still like the truth. I am a town who does not want day one to end with a random lynching. And so I fight tooth and nail to prevent that from happening only to have a replacement I fought so hard to give the chance to speak come after me for no apparent reason at all...

I am hoping to give you the benefit of the doubt here that you are merely waiting to catch up before creating a case against me and are simply hoping to further your case due to my reactions here. But once you finish reading you better give me a darn good reason why you have been avoiding our questions...
Adel wrote:only a fool will tempt the God
I assume you mean the Mod here... No I am not tempting him... I just know the difference between citing an active game and mentioning something done in another game while not giving away any specific details.

While I would hate to be mod killed, I hat even more having to limit my posts by the fear of that happening. I am not Ryan. I will not deliberately break the rules. But I will not let the fear of a Mod killing prevent me from trying to figure out what you have against me here... seeing as how you obviously have no real case to speak of... (HA ha ha... Pun... ><)

NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Jitsu wrote:
@Mod: I thought I read that oEJo is being replaced. Is that still in the works?
Yes, I am still looking for a third replacement, but I think there are now enough people on the roster for things to get going again. Therefore, prods.

Vote Count as of Post 544

Korlash (2):
GunglingerKB, Adel

Miztef (3):
curiouskarmadog, jerubbaal, Mexal

Anata112 (2):
Jitsu, Miztef

Adel (1):
Korlash

Not Voting (4):
Satael, Abstract Actuary, oEJo, Sudo_Nym

12 alive, 7 will lynch.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sorry, been spending the last couple days at the hospital with my Granddad, been mostly sticking to games I can get through in less than five minutes.

I hadn't hoped that Adel would be so helpful on a replace, but I suppose the title doesn't come for nothing. Korlash has given me a weird feeling for a while now, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Now that my paranoia has been given shape, I'll
vote: Korlash

More to come after I catch some sleep, though there's a funeral for a family friend tomorrow, so I might be absent for most of the morning.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:10 pm

Post by Korlash »

Yeah... that is sooo much more helpful then Adel... How the hell do I defend myself if you all refuse to give any reasons?

I can see overreacting to a weak case resulting in a couple additional votes. But to claim you had "weird feelings" about me and that the no case on me has "Given Shape" To your paranoia... Come on man...

Forget it... I'm getting tired of this game...

Shoulda went into lurker mode a week ago... Seriously debating it now...

I'll wait to hear from Anata's replacement first... Until then either make a case or shut the hell up...

On a side note: Sorry to hear about that Sudo.. Sounds like your not having a good week.. :(

Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Miztef »

Korlash bandwagon eh?

I've found korlash to be suspicious right from the start. I didn't honestly think he'd become a lynch candidate this late in the day, and if he does turn out scum, Gunslinger and Anata become more likely townies.

CKD is still high up in the scum list for me, but I haven't really considered his play in connection with korlash. I wonder if there is any connection.

Korlash's latest post seems like a typical scum about to die post, and based on alot of the evidence adel gave, I think I'll go right ahead and

unvote Vote: Kolash

(btw korlash, I don't think it's ever good to state you should have been lurking)
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Korlash »

Miztef wrote:Korlash's latest post seems like a typical scum about to die post, and based on alot of the evidence adel gave
A) I have (Had) two votes.. I am not about to die...

B) What evidence? I think I saw one piece of what you could call evidence... And even that was a bit... iffy...

And yes I apologize for my lurker comment... I had just come from a game on another forum where I had receive 8 votes in a row because I was "Too loud" (i.e. posted too much...) I mean come on... How is posting too much worth lynching? And 8 votes? o.O

*sigh* Makes me sad too cause it was the first time I have ever been lynched.. dumb town... Oh well.. More time I can spend on here I suppose.
Miztef wrote:I've found korlash to be suspicious right from the start. I didn't honestly think he'd become a lynch candidate this late in the day, and if he does turn out scum, Gunslinger and Anata become more likely townies.
Ok this is getting a bit extreme here guys... PLEASE! For the love of god give me some reason... Something SPECIFIC!... Or at the least something I can try to defend myself on... I'm only at L-3 right now but I have already seen Mexal state he "justs wants to lynch someone" and I would not be surprised if a few others felt the same way.

Also @ Miztef: I honestly only see this as you trying desperately to get the pressure off yourself... Still waiting for Adel to give something solid so for now it's only an
FoS: Miztef

Personally I had not seen much from you worth a vote or even worth this bandwagon... But to say "Adel had evidence" is... well... kinda BS...

Oh, and seeing as how you all refuse to give me stuff I have to work with what I have so here it goes:
Miztef wrote:Korlash's latest post seems like a typical scum about to die post,
Really? You know what a scum would do in this situation? Do you know how I play as scum? Do you know how I play as a pissed of towny who keeps asking for a reason people vote yet they refuse to give one? Can you give me 3 examples of times scums did this right before they died?

Seriously You don't know me, and you definitely do not know how every single scum plays.

(And yes I realize that last post was definitely worth another vote, I woulda voted anyone who did it too, but as I said I have to work with what you give me! You understand don't you XD)

So I ask the remaining players who are not votign me, please look over this "case" against me.. if you even see one PLEASE VOTE ME! BUT FOR GODS SAKE TELL ME THE CASE! Thank you! <3

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”