deepthought (5)
- Nudude, liamcool, Thanatos, charter, Disciple Slayer
liamcool (2) - Gorgon, Hang'em High
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (1)- Lord Nikon
Disciple Slayer (1) - VampyreLord
Infinitive (1) - deepthought

Not Voting (2) - Infinitive, Dark_Lady_Shaiann,

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Thanatos wrote:What happens if there is a Modkill. Is it counted as a lynch?
Usually, yes, but it's up to the mod.
Nudude wrote:Now Liamcool, shame on you, putting DT in a hammer position. Putting down a hammer vote is the scummiest thing you can do. The SECOND most scummiest thing you can do is is putting someone in a position to be hammered.
It very much depends on the situation whether it's scummy to put someone at L-1, or to hammer them. It's something that has to happen eventually, yet you're casting automatic suspicion on those who do it. Anyway, what if DT turns up scum (which you seem to find likely)? Are you still going to call the player that hammered him scummy? Sounds to me a little like you
know
DT is town and want to make sure that people know that anyone who hammers him or gets him close to a lynch should be considered scummy, while you yourself remain free of blame, even though you've been voting DT for a while now yourself. If you were really that concerned about DT getting too close to a lynch, you should have unvoted ... but you chose not to; just FOS-ing liamcool while keeping your vote on deepthought. Way to set up the next mislynch, huh? Or bussing/distancing ...
Nudude wrote:Am I right, or am I being "Newbish" again?
If by "Newbish" you mean scummy, then yes ... yes indeed.

Big ol'
HOS: Nudude

Infinitive wrote:Now the game's a mess and almost everyone but you two, Thanatos, and Deepthought have stopped posting.
You forgot Nudude, liamcool and charter, interestingly enough. Also, it's the weekend. A lot of people are less active online on weekends than on weekdays.
Infinitive wrote:I don't care if I get lynched or anything anymore.
Classic WIFOM sand in the face. You 'don't care if you get lynched', so you can't be scum, right? :roll:
Infinitive wrote:Now I'm going to sit back and wait for the night. If we're lucky, one of the two will get nightkilled to end this damn bickering.
Except it's not night yet, Einstein. Whoops. You thought you were lynching DT, with some lame emo excuse that the game is 'ruined' anyway. Well, I think the game is in perfectly fine shape, and that things are getting much clearer now. I think you just might be scum who decided to wait until the DLS/DS debate intensified to throw the hammer vote down on the claimed doc. I was waiting to see who would use this bickering as a cover to 'move things along', and it turned out to be you.

Big ol'
HOS: Infinitive

liamcool wrote:As for his doctor claim, I think it's totally false, it seems very desperate in trying to get out of being lynched by saying "ooh, look at me, I'm the doctor".
Uh, he claimed doc. What exactly looked 'very desperate' about the way he did it? What actual evidence do you have to back up your conviction that the claim is false? There's no counterclaim, you know.

You're staying on the bandwagon of an uncounterclaimed doc, which you got on using some very vague wording.

Exhibit A:
liamcool wrote:I know, I don't have many leads right now but I'm trying the best that I can.
Fair enough ... but do you have any more leads now than you did back when you said that? Also, do you have any leads on anyone else? You're being extremely tunnel-visioned, which to me indicates that you're scum that just wants to lynch DT without saying too much that would give your scumbuddies away.

Exhibit B:
liamcool wrote:Okay, it seems blaringly obvious due to his nature and all the evidence piling up.
Riiight. First, what is 'his nature', and second, what is 'all the evidence piling up'? I'd love to hear you elaborate on this.

Confirm vote: liamcool

Disciple Slayer wrote:What do you think about deepthroat claiming doc? Do you still think he's the prime suspect, or should we unvote and move on?
This looks scummy to me. If
you
think DT is still your prime suspect, keep your vote on him. If you want to look elsewhere, look elsewhere, and try to actually scumhunt instead of bickering with people over useless sh*t and throwing ad hominem attacks left and right. Don't ask other people who you should be looking at; it just looks like you're looking for the next wagon to hop onto.

FOS: Disciple Slayer

@D_L_S ... you haven't been doing that much actual scumhunting either. You're not even voting anyone. Who do you suspect right now?

P.S. Lulz @ deepthroat. Classic Freudian slip. If deepthought stays on this site long enough to get a title, I think it should be deepthroat. :P
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Oh, I see that Infinitive withdrew his vote and explained. Looks kinda reasonable.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by Gorgon »

... except the reason he did that might easily be that he realised that he wasn't actually throwing down the hammer ...
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Disciple Slayer »

Gorgon wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:What do you think about deepthroat claiming doc? Do you still think he's the prime suspect, or should we unvote and move on?
This looks scummy to me. If
you
think DT is still your prime suspect, keep your vote on him. If you want to look elsewhere, look elsewhere, and try to actually scumhunt instead of bickering with people over useless sh*t and throwing ad hominem attacks left and right. Don't ask other people who you should be looking at; it just looks like you're looking for the next wagon to hop onto.

FOS: Disciple Slayer
That is why my vote is still on him. Does it look like I unvoted? I wanted to know what the rest of you thought after the shitstorm of fail.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by deepthought »

Gorgon wrote:... except the reason he did that might easily be that he realised that he wasn't actually throwing down the hammer ...
Or, more likely, he screwed up just like he said and realized the mistake.

IMO it really has no bearing on whether he's scum or not - both scum and townies goof up sometimes, and while scum would certainly be more likely to panic and provide a windy explanation, I don't see someone lying about having a bad weekend at the D&D convention. :oops:

It's a coinflip.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:15 pm

deepthought wrote:
Gorgon wrote:... except the reason he did that might easily be that he realised that he wasn't actually throwing down the hammer ...
Or, more likely, he screwed up just like he said and realized the mistake.

IMO it really has no bearing on whether he's scum or not - both scum and townies goof up sometimes, and while scum would certainly be more likely to panic and provide a windy explanation, I don't see someone lying about having a bad weekend at the D&D convention. :oops:

It's a coinflip.
Possible connection between Infinitive and deepthought noted.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by deepthought »

Don't get me wrong, he's still scummier than a septic tank (since charter is some sort of tree-hugger that doesn't like algae metaphors); there are just better reasons. You should come vote for him. :)
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:25 pm

deepthought wrote:Don't get me wrong, he's still scummier than a septic tank (since charter is some sort of tree-hugger that doesn't like algae metaphors); there are just better reasons.
You should come vote for him. :)
Throwing out a WIFOM? Another scumtell, imo.

Confirm vote: deepthought
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Gorgon, page 12 didn't have DT any closer to Lynching than L-2. Infinitive's post would still have been L-1
Never forget...you are Mortal.
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by deepthought »

Disciple Slayer wrote:Confirm vote: deepthought
OH SNAP DOUBLEVOTER ROLECLAIM

unless I guess you were worried that Num didn't catch it the first time or something
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Thanatos wrote:Gorgon, page 12 didn't have DT any closer to Lynching than L-2. Infinitive's post would still have been L-1
Well, the reason it seemed to me like he thought he was putting down the hammer vote was that he said he was going to 'sit back and wait for the night'.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by Thanatos »

hmm...That is a good point...

I want to see Infinitive's response to this.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:06 pm

@DT

Why'd you change your avatar to that of a doctor? Your old one was a scum avatar, wasn't it? Is this to try and convince us that you are indeed the doc?

@everyone else

When DT first claimed doc, I was initially unwilling to vote him. However, consider this scenario. I am inclined to believe it.

DT is mafia. He claimed doc hoping that the real doc counterclaims. Once someone else counterclaims, the mafia kills the real doc at night. DT may be lynched, but existing mafia voting for him will have suspicion taken off them for putting votes on DT early.

One thing went wrong, though. The real doc, who probably is smart, didn't counterclaim and/or is inactive. This leaves the mafia no option but to switch their votes to someone else. I don't have time to browse through the beginning of the thread, but people who voted for DT early then pulled it off should be viewed as suspects.

I continue to believe that deepthroat's doc claim is false. He admitted to thinking about fucking with the town and claiming cop, which puts him in a fallacious mindset. If he could do a fake cop claim, he can do a fake doc claim.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:09 pm

EBWOP: deepTHOUGHT not deepthroat goddammit
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Thanatos »

That may be the case, DS, but I'm still leaning towards letting him live till the night and seeing what happens.

Course, even if he does survive I'd probably like to have him killed tommorow anyways, so maybe letting him live tonight is pointless...
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:18 pm

If we don't lynch him and he survives the night, it could mean one of two things.

1) DT is mafia

2) DT is town, and the mafia killed someone else to throw suspicion on him and possibly setting him up for a lynch on D2.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:19 pm

Just wondering, Thanatos. Why would you want to have him killed tomorrow if we don't lynch him and he survives?
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by deepthought »

Disciple Slayer wrote:EBWOP: deepTHOUGHT not deepthroat goddammit
Oh, dear. Image
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:22 pm

deepthought wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:EBWOP: deepTHOUGHT not deepthroat goddammit
Oh, dear. Image
Don't you have anything to say in defense of yourself?
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by deepthought »

Disciple Slayer wrote:Don't you have anything to say in defense of yourself?
Did you think the other 11 players were conspiring to misspell my name or something?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:24 pm

deepthought wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:Don't you have anything to say in defense of yourself?
Did you think the other 11 players were conspiring to misspell my name or something?
That post made no sense. Once again, you're trying to avoid the issues at hand.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by deepthought »

So, in all the posts where you quoted something from me, you didn't notice the big bold "originally posted by" headers either?
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:28 pm

deepthought wrote:So, in all the posts where you quoted something from me, you didn't notice the big bold "originally posted by" headers either?
If your goal is to confuse me, it's certainly working. I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Nudude »

Gorgon wrote:
Nudude wrote:Now Liamcool, shame on you, putting DT in a hammer position. Putting down a hammer vote is the scummiest thing you can do. The SECOND most scummiest thing you can do is is putting someone in a position to be hammered.
It very much depends on the situation whether it's scummy to put someone at L-1, or to hammer them. It's something that has to happen eventually, yet you're casting automatic suspicion on those who do it. Anyway, what if DT turns up scum (which you seem to find likely)? Are you still going to call the player that hammered him scummy? Sounds to me a little like you
know
DT is town and want to make sure that people know that anyone who hammers him or gets him close to a lynch should be considered scummy, while you yourself remain free of blame, even though you've been voting DT for a while now yourself. If you were really that concerned about DT getting too close to a lynch, you should have unvoted ... but you chose not to; just FOS-ing liamcool while keeping your vote on deepthought. Way to set up the next mislynch, huh? Or bussing/distancing ...
Gorgon wrote:
Nudude wrote:Am I right, or am I being "Newbish" again?
If by "Newbish" you mean scummy, then yes ... yes indeed.

Big ol'
HOS: Nudude
Look, your right, putting someone in a hammer position is not the slightest bit scummy, we shouldn't even pause to consider it. Lets move along.

My vote is still on DT because, as I said in the post that you took this quote from, I still think he's scum. However, I also accept that fact I didn't get the "Omnipitent Townie" role (damn!) and that it's worth investigating and having a look at other possibilites.
deepthought wrote:
Nudude wrote:deepthought, I'm hurt you think I'm a "over eager" newbie townie.
You use a lot of very over-wraught arguments, and there are two ways to read you at this point:

1) Scum attempting an aggressive opening that limits the scope of day 1 to townies - post #22 might want to get out of the jokevote phase quickly to take some heat off of LN (who has 3 votes at the time, which might lead a new-player teammate to panic a little) without explicitly going after the people who've voted for him, or just put yourself out there as a forward-thinking townie. You see someone calling your play "newbie town" and think, "if I appear hurt, that'll make me look REALLY innocent!"

2) A new player who wants to get the town on track, hit home runs with every argument, and generally be All-American. The reason I opt for this one is that you try a very abrupt shift out of the jokevote phase, where it seems like a scum would be able to lurk a little longer and get a better feel for who's worth targeting (and would want to so as not to draw a target on his back).
Only two reasons? I can think of a couple more, accurate reasons at that.

1) Nudude is
really
enjoying his first game. He likes reading what people say and forming assesments on people seeing if he can catch some scum. He's a studying psychologist and finds this game utterly fascinating.

2) Likes to post with some flavour. He knows the pros prefer to be a bit more objective, but he's not them, he's Nudude. He likes his posts to have a little character.

3)To ensure that he gets to contribute as much as possible, he skirts the fine line between town/scum by making himself a little hard to read. Too scummy he gets lynched, too town and he gets NK. I wants to stay alive as long as possible. However, he is very willing to sacrifice himself if neccesary, he just hopes it never becomes neccesary.

BTW, let the records show I'm an Australian that hates baseball :) .
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Nudude »

I'd like to present a hypothetical.

DT is mafia who role claimed to save his neck, and possibly lure out the doc. The doc doesn't take the bait and doesn't counter claim.

He knows that the townies won't know the real doc, but the scum will, and he will die. Instead, knowing that if DT isn't lynched or NK D1, his guilt will be apparent in D2 anyway, no need for the real doc to stick his neck out.

I daresay this is why we haven't had a counter - claim yet.

DS brings up a good point, it is a perfectly reasonable mafia play to leave DT alive IF he is doc, as we are going to be mighty suspicious of him D2, where we will likely be forced to lynch him anyway.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”