Open 646 - Semi Nightless - Game Over (D6)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2283, MariaR wrote:Do you not think I could escape this as scum by doing the stuff I know you townread me for?
Which is...what, stuff you don't do as town?
In post 2290, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:but vca is going to be less useful because it's possible for scum to go on your wagon idk
:neutral:
In post 2299, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:transcend you fulfilled one requirement of being good town, and that's being easy to find :)
In post 2301, MariaR wrote:Town don't lynch giga/transcend tomorrow as my dying wish
In post 2309, MariaR wrote:Well I'd troll if I was hammered but you should know I'd never self hammer myself as scum I don't give up as mafia!
If that's true, why do you give up as town?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by MariaR »

It wasn't giving up more as I would of been lynch bait and I think it's better I die now rather then say 5 or 3 way
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 2323, Transcend wrote:Giga you should join EM and kek around in a few games with me and Maria.
i made an account like way back when because my boyfriend wanted me to play but i just never really tried it /shrug. I didn't like chatroom mafia all that much because i just felt overwhelmed by the pacing and the people there had bad taste in set-ups... so i'm not sure if i will like it. worth a shot i guess.

also @thor... are my thoughts on theory wrong...? i thought it was important for... townies to want to be obvious town so that people can identify with them and work with them... i can understand why a more experienced player may want to straddle closer to null and not get nightkilled, but i'm a newbie so what do i know :?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Transcend »

meh

chatroom mafia isn't for everyone

i tend to enjoy the fast pace

hence me this game and every other game

anyways, who's your bf i wonder if he's still on the site.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:28 pm

nah he said he only plays with people he knows, which makes sense... mafia can get kinda ugly when the wrong personalities mesh
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by MariaR »

Welcome to the first installment of: "Stuff Matt says!"

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 2329, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:nah he said he only plays with people he knows, which makes sense... mafia can get kinda ugly when the wrong personalities mesh
tru

i don't think anyone on EM is super toxic.

lol @ maria.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 2331, Transcend wrote:
In post 2329, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:nah he said he only plays with people he knows, which makes sense... mafia can get kinda ugly when the wrong personalities mesh
tru

i don't think anyone on EM is super toxic.

lol @ maria.
I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find one of you raging to no end
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by Transcend »

probably

but still i don't think anyone is not that toxic

however, i just have a high tolerance level.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 2333, Transcend wrote:
however, i just have a high tolerance level.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Transcend »

i meant for people who are toxic for being downright a-holes. i have low tolerance for players with toxic playstyles.

anyways no need to clutter the thread with filler.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:54 pm

matching avatars

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Transcend »

sicccc
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@thor: talk about your :|'s in 2325? I'm not sure what you're getting at with those. Also, what's the point of asking Maria those questions after she was already hammered?

@gig: getting town read is playing to win con regardless of your alignment (with the occasional exception of a PR hiding out in the null zone I guess, although even then I'd say it's better to be TR). I suspect thor's emoticon was skepticism about Transcend being a clear town read, although he'll have to clarify that one way or the other.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:54 pm

on thor's :|'s, i get the one about vca because i phrased what i wanted to say wrong so let me clarify

self-hammering as town makes vca much less helpful because you get a lot of information based on who hammers, or, how the lynch is deflected and who moves... Maria essentially cut the day short (with good intentions, i can at least see her point though i disagree). it's possible that scum could have hammered her (although probably not since my scumreads were already voting her and i would like to think my reads can at least somewhat be accurate), it's also possible that the lynch is swung to tenshii or even mhsmith (that would have been a terrible lynch btw, I would hate a Transcend/Tenshii/Maria/Me wagon a lot)

/shrug

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Sorry for spamming, but while I'm at it:

Mhsmith, why Maria before Tenshii? Because i felt like we were in the same place on them but i leaned closer to tenshii as the second scum.

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Partially gut, and partially because I got a wolfy sense from some of Maria's posts. Some of it I think was that it seemed like she was kinda giving up, which I'd see as being consistent with someone who subbed into a scumspect slot with three lynches to go (the "lynch me now or never" bit, even if it was offhand, struck me as highly consistent with the attitude a wolf subbing in might take, basically if she's gonna die make it quick so she doesn't have to fight hard just to live a little bit longer but still lose after investing in the game). I also suspected that her quick recognition of her being a suspect came more from seeing Rosske bitching about being a suspect in wolf chat than from really reading the thread

PS I'd still say that Rosske subbing out was NAI, but NAI doesn't mean town-indicative, it just means that if he was a wolf it meant personal issues of some sort... if he subbed out for strategic reasons as last wolf that should have been a mod kill pretty much always because that's disgusting to hand that position to someone else just because you don't want to try to recover it.
Show
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:10 pm

hm, i see your point and i was considering it personally... her reasoning to me still felt pro-town and honest, just disagreeable, and i thought it would be better as a discussion topic post-mislynch or just as a reason to not lynch her when she just replaced in... /shrug

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Hammering yourself is basically gamethrowing if you are town-aligned...

Okay, I think it is mhsmith0 then, if not probably Transcend.

Looking at Kdcaspot's posts, he calls karnos scum-aligned while not voting him or doing anything, then spends the entire time trying to lynch Killthestory...
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Transcend »

any analysis on the person that's actually in the slot now
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@Ira: you still in the middle of your first read through or is this as you read along? wrt KC, what's your thoughts on the discussion on page 82, starting ? And is this specific scum-reading me/trans or is this more of a PoE thing?
Show
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:20 pm

In post 2343, iraonavp wrote:Looking at Kdcaspot's posts, he calls karnos scum-aligned while not voting him or doing anything, then spends the entire time trying to lynch Killthestory...
Well, he suggested that KTS/Karnos were a scumteam together. It's possible we're looking at a coincidence here (a town-aligned player voting for the scummier member of their "scumteam"), or he just didn't like the wagon composition at the time (he had me as a scumlean). That's not to say a scum-aligned kcdaspot couldn't have acted the way he did, it's just not as strong reasoning as I would hope.

Walk me through scum!Transcend?

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 2345, mhsmith0 wrote:@Ira: you still in the middle of your first read through or is this as you read along? wrt KC, what's your thoughts on the discussion on page 82, starting ? And is this specific scum-reading me/trans or is this more of a PoE thing?
I'm just reading ISO posts, unfortunately doesn't seem possible for me to follow the game chronologically because there's too many posts...

I think you are scum-aligned, not sure how to answer that.

Actually, I would rather lynch Tenshii before lynching Transcend...
In post 2346, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 2343, iraonavp wrote:Looking at Kdcaspot's posts, he calls karnos scum-aligned while not voting him or doing anything, then spends the entire time trying to lynch Killthestory...
Well, he suggested that KTS/Karnos were a scumteam together. It's possible we're looking at a coincidence here (a town-aligned player voting for the scummier member of their "scumteam"), or he just didn't like the wagon composition at the time (he had me as a scumlean). That's not to say a scum-aligned kcdaspot couldn't have acted the way he did, it's just not as strong reasoning as I would hope.

Walk me through scum!Transcend?
I think it's "vote townie, fos: buddy"...

I don't know, I don't intend to read his ISO unless I get really bored because it's so long and his play is 90% WIFOM. Just seems like he would be the type of person to hard defend his partner on day 1 and his appeals to emotion that I saw don't seem very genuine to me.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

what changed your mind on both me and tenshii?

also i'd suggest reading the thread at least once start to finish over the next few days; some players won't bother after subbing in (cough, cough, thor) but I think it's good practice to develop informed opinions. ISO's can give you a general sense of what a player is saying, but you'll pretty commonly miss context, especially for players who generally don't quote things they're responding to (as well as quick shot back and forth conversations).
Show
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 679, mhsmith0 wrote:I have no problem w that. Assuming karnos is town (which is not certain; his "lynch io tomorrow" twilight post is easy to make as a wolf regardless of io alignment), then we will be a step behind. Fortunately there are no nk's until n3.

Ps for the record, a good townie response by karnos would basically be to spam his reads and make sure he gives us as much info as he can. If he was simply being annoyed or something, it's explainable but not optimal. So it'd be nice if karnos spammed twilight w thoughts/reads, if he was town. It's really be nice if he was a wolf, though obviously I wouldn't expect it in that case.
This sounds like he knows that karnos is scum-aligned... If I was in that situation, I would not even consider that he could be lying, not make overly wordy explanation like he's uninformed.

It also looks like a bus from how he just moves from Luna Fox to karnos suddenly, then discredits his own read on Luna Fox. I think he was rushing to make sure that he was on the wagon.
In post 734, mhsmith0 wrote:Fwiw I'd laugh my ass of post game if this whole back and forth was scum theater between two people who know a town flip is coming. Since I think odds are decent of karnos flipping red, not any kind of priority right now though.
This doesn't seem genuine opinion on someone who claimed that they were town-aligned, and he is contradicting himself here because he was assuming that karnos was town-aligned before... It doesn't even make sense to say this if he thinks karnos is scum-aligned. This post is the actual scum-aligned theater! The reasons he gives for why karnos is scum-aligned seem like confirmation bias and he has too much information.

A lot of the questions he asks, like and , seem very leading and like he is afraid and walking on eggshells. Especially how he just writes a request and then puts a question mark at the end, very scum-aligned...
In post 1185, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1179, Killthestory wrote:because i know i'm not scum so i have to survive to prevent a mislynch?

how stupid can you be.
Except we have multiple mislynches we can afford before we lose. So while surviving is nice as town, it's not remotely necessary to win. As a wolf, on the other hand, survival is absolutely paramount. So if you're showing survivalistic tendencies, then yes that's suspicious. In this situation, it absolutely has to be.
This sounds like he is talking to someone he thinks is town-aligned.

Return to “Completed Open Games”