Not Voting (3) - Infinitive, Dark_Lady_Shaiann, Disciple Slayer,

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Hang 'em High wrote: I also don't understand why you need to resort to ad hominem attacks. Is it because your arguments aren't logical? Do you feel that name calling and big bold fonts change that fact? They don't. DLS is making far more sense than you in this debate.
Disciple Slayer wrote:To my experience, people slip up most when they're agitated and post without thinking. It's my personal scum-hunting technique.
In my opinion this applies far more to you than to DLS. She's been keeping her cool and responding calmly -- in that respect you should follow her example.
So far all she's done in response to me is twist my words far beyond their original meaning. How's that making sense?
Yeah...twisted them in a way every one else understands......
You just admitted to twisting them. Wouldn't a pro-town player want to clarify, rather than twist? Twisting is very scummy.

FOS DLS
I think I'm actually speechless for once.......
Because you slipped up?
Hell no. Because you look so
unbeivably
desperate right now.
You're actually trying to cover up your slip by labeling me as "desperate"?

Unbeivably? I knew it.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:16 am

Post by deepthought »

Hang 'em High wrote:It's basically an attempt to throw the game and is terribly unsportsmanlike.
Hence the reason I decided against it. I have no beef with Num, and it wouldn't be fair to screw up his game while he's putting good effort into making it enjoyable. The rest of you, on the other hand, made it a pretty tempting idea. If more of you had moved beyond shitting on your keyboards and spell-checking the results, and started thinking about the arguments on their merits, maybe the wagon would've turned out differently. Who knows.

Personally I think Infinitive and Disciple Slayer are both scummier than an algae factory, and here are my thoughts:

SK / Thanatos
- I'd lean town. On the one hand, he's pushed to keep the day focused on a single easy lynch target before and after the roleclaim, coming right out and saying "let's let the lurkers come and finish him off." That's potentially an effort to distance himself from the end of the wagon, force lurking townies into making themselves look more suspicious (by dropping the hammer on a townie, and a power role at that) to set up a progression of lynches, and get rid of the one person willing to accuse him.

On the other, he came right into the game blazing with a vote on shaky reasoning, and I imagine a replacement scum would more carefully consider the potential backfire (accusations of OMGUS voting, overeager play, so on and down the line). It reads to me more like a townie wondering, "how can he possibly think I'm scum when
I
know I'm confirmed town?!" than a scum looking for a strategic kill.

HeH
- I'd lean town, with reservations. My initial impression was "only guy in the game that knows what he's doing", so even though I was on the fence for a while I was content to leave him be on the theory that he'd be the most fun to play against later on if he were scum. That said, he was one of two players during the asshole-wagon to explicitly slow down with, "think about what he's saying on the big-picture merits", which is a happy medium between the two scummier (and more common) arguments: "I agree with everyone else's suspicions, vote" and "guys, let's be careful we don't vote off a townie".

charter
- About on par with HeH, if a little shakier. Willing to step back and examine the merits of the asshole-wagon in a very "I'm not sure how deepthought is actually aligned"-esque way, but also seems very snipey with his comments. A shot from the wings here, another there.

Lord Nikon
- Probably an idiot vanilla townie that got his role, played for a few days, figured his role wasn't important enough to need to tell anyone he didn't feel like playing anymore, and took off. If he played that way as scum and I were a mod, personally I'd blacklist him from future games, but that's neither here nor there.

Nudude
- I'd say overeager newbie town.

VampyreLord, liamcool, and Lord Nikon
- Each deserve a big red avatar that says "PUSSY" until they grow a pair and stop lurking, but unfortunately you can't buy those here. Odds say one of them is probably scum, and I'd start with VL and liamcool.

DLS and Gorgon
- Coinflips.

Disciple Slayer
- During the asshole-wagon, interjects just often enough to not be lurking but not often enough to be noticed, and without any substance beyond "I need more info" or "I'm confused, check back later". Jumps on the bandwagon claiming my attitude is "pissing him off" despite the fact that he hasn't actually interacted with anyone in a meaningful way, after it's becomes clear that the wagon is a safe bet, but not before testing the waters with an FoS that he can't be held accountable for. My #2 pick.

Infinitive
- Read through post #117; you couldn't make those arguments any more vague if you
tried
. Agrees with the suspicions posted of me but doesn't jump on the wagon, potentially afraid of being called out for it - even pre-emptively deflects suspicion by saying this is all intentional and links to some stupid "how to be a good townie" thing to allay suspicion in the opening. Hasn't offered an original thought this entire game, I don't think, despite posting more regularly than others.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:Because I was already suspicious of deepthroat. I would have voted for him even if he wasn't a douche, but his assholeness just sealed the lid on the coffin. I used an example of two people because you wanted to know how I vote in relation to assholeness, and my examples showed that it is never a deciding factor, just the little needed to determine who I'd vote for when I suspect two people equally.

In the game, I don't suspect two people equally. I suspect deepthroat a lot more than Liamcool, but I'm hesitant about deepthroat's doc claim, thus my unvote on him. You need to make more posts like the one I'm replying to, instead of nonsensical ones that try to twist the points I am trying to make.
Ok....thats all fine and dandy, but wouldn't it be common sense to just give me the real story instead of screaming scenarios at me that make no sense when compared to this situation? Obviously the examples weren't doing it for me, and it had nothing to do with my comprehension of English, but your inability to see that your example is completely null and void. All in all, it still doesn't really excuse your "I vote assholes first" statement.

And obviously it is a deciding factor if you use it to decide who to vote for, no matter the situation. So... like I said: Learn to word your sentences better.
You couldn't seem to understand it, so I gave you examples pertaining to my playing style. It's not a deciding factor because it doesn't play a huge role in determining my vote.

Like I said before, learn to understand English better.
Understand what? All you gave me were examples that had nothing to do with what was going on. How am I supposed to understand that when compared to the situation?

Ok...now you are contridicting yourself. You announced to the whole game that you always vote assholes first, but now you say it's not a deciding factor. The deciding factor is the last thing that goes through your mind before you vote some one and if it's "Hey that dude is an asshole" then it is the deciding factor. The fact that it's "rarely used' (which is hard to believe) doesn't make it any less of a deciding factor.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:20 am

Disciple Slayer wrote:
Thanatos wrote:*Sigh* Children, please. Do either of you really think this conversation is useful for catching scum?
DLS seems to like provoking me.
Provoking you to do what? Tell the truth? You make no sense.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:25 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Thanatos wrote:*Sigh* Children, please. Do either of you really think this conversation is useful for catching scum?
Maybe if we had a little bit of input from some other people, this problem could be resolved a bit faster. I never stopped scum searching, I just zeroed in on DS. If some one gives me a good enough reason to back off, I will......
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:42 am

Post by Thanatos »

Why don't the both of you just drop it and move on?

Or, as GlaDOS would say, "I'll use lasers to draw a line across the game and DS can live in one half and DLS in the other. You don't have to like each other or even talk to each other if you don't feel like it."

Then I get to kill you both with a deadly nurotoxin. Fun times. Fun times.

(The killing was a Portal Reference, not a Mafia one, just in case.)
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:43 am

Post by Disciple Slayer »

deepthought wrote:
Disciple Slayer
- During the asshole-wagon, interjects just often enough to not be lurking but not often enough to be noticed, and without any substance beyond "I need more info" or "I'm confused, check back later". Jumps on the bandwagon claiming my attitude is "pissing him off" despite the fact that he hasn't actually interacted with anyone in a meaningful way, after it's becomes clear that the wagon is a safe bet, but not before testing the waters with an FoS that he can't be held accountable for. My #2 pick.
I didn't really interact with anyone in the beginning because HeH already said what I was going to say. It's not a bandwagon if everyone has valid suspicions. Come on, man. You can do better than that. You sure you the doc?
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:45 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:Because I was already suspicious of deepthroat. I would have voted for him even if he wasn't a douche, but his assholeness just sealed the lid on the coffin. I used an example of two people because you wanted to know how I vote in relation to assholeness, and my examples showed that it is never a deciding factor, just the little needed to determine who I'd vote for when I suspect two people equally.

In the game, I don't suspect two people equally. I suspect deepthroat a lot more than Liamcool, but I'm hesitant about deepthroat's doc claim, thus my unvote on him. You need to make more posts like the one I'm replying to, instead of nonsensical ones that try to twist the points I am trying to make.
Ok....thats all fine and dandy, but wouldn't it be common sense to just give me the real story instead of screaming scenarios at me that make no sense when compared to this situation? Obviously the examples weren't doing it for me, and it had nothing to do with my comprehension of English, but your inability to see that your example is completely null and void. All in all, it still doesn't really excuse your "I vote assholes first" statement.

And obviously it is a deciding factor if you use it to decide who to vote for, no matter the situation. So... like I said: Learn to word your sentences better.
You couldn't seem to understand it, so I gave you examples pertaining to my playing style. It's not a deciding factor because it doesn't play a huge role in determining my vote.

Understand what? All you gave me were examples that had nothing to do with what was going on. How am I supposed to understand that when compared to the situation?

Ok...now you are contridicting yourself. You announced to the whole game that you always vote assholes first, but now you say it's not a deciding factor. The deciding factor is the last thing that goes through your mind before you vote some one and if it's "Hey that dude is an asshole" then it is the deciding factor. The fact that it's "rarely used' (which is hard to believe) doesn't make it any less of a deciding factor.
I said I voted assholes first because deepthroat was being an asshole, then I clarified by giving you examples when you asked me how voting for assholes related to my playing style.

You are wrong about deciding factors. Deciding factors are incriminating evidence. Attitude is not incriminating evidence. Craplogic again, GG and get stuffed.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:46 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
It's obvious that you're trying to provoke me with stupid arguments and ignoring my replies.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:46 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Maybe if we had a little bit of input from some other people, this problem could be resolved a bit faster. I never stopped scum searching, I just zeroed in on DS. If some one gives me a good enough reason to back off, I will......
I'm Disciple Slayer. You can't out-argue me. That's reason enough.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:47 am

Thanatos wrote:Why don't the both of you just drop it and move on?

Or, as GlaDOS would say, "I'll use lasers to draw a line across the game and DS can live in one half and DLS in the other. You don't have to like each other or even talk to each other if you don't feel like it."

Then I get to kill you both with a deadly nurotoxin. Fun times. Fun times.

(The killing was a Portal Reference, not a Mafia one, just in case.)
I'll drop it if she promises to be a good little girl and behaves instead of acting like an illogical whiny bitch.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Thanatos »

..Oh, burn.

How about, instead of insulting her like that, you actually drop it and move on. You seem to believe you're the bigger man. Prove it.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:52 am

Of course I'm the bigger man. She's a woman.

I'm going to leave it for now, but if she posts something stupid again, rest assured I'm going to go after her for it.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:53 am

Final note: DLS never explained her slip when she freely admitted to twisting my words and completely changing what I meant.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:12 pm

Disciple Slayer wrote:Final note: DLS never explained her slip when she freely admitted to twisting my words and completely changing what I meant.
Thats not a slip.....you just must not be familiar with sarcasm. Thats why I'm speechless. And the only reason why I said it is because HeH said I was making more sense.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Thanatos »

I would like to move for this whole hissy fit being stricken from the record.
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by deepthought »

Disciple Slayer wrote:I'm going to leave it for now, but if she posts something stupid again, rest assured I'm going to go after her for it.
Over/under on the number of times DS obsessively checks the thread after he says he's leaving: 9.

Takers?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:19 pm

Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:

I said I voted assholes first because deepthroat was being an asshole, then I clarified by giving you examples when you asked me how voting for assholes related to my playing style.

You are wrong about deciding factors. Deciding factors are incriminating evidence. Attitude is not incriminating evidence. Craplogic again, GG and get stuffed.
OK.....your still contradicting yourself. I don't care about how the examples reflect your play style, I care about how they reflect the game....and they don't. Thats one part of my point. The other part is, that you vote people for being assholes. You admitted it. Whether or not it goes along with how scummy you think they are, the point is that you use it as a factor to vote some one. If you didn't......you wouldn't say it.

The question is: Do you, Disciple Slayer, vote people because they are assholes.
The answer is: Yes......
in certain situations
, but the answer is still yes.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by Thanatos »

DLS...ARGH.

I give up. Talk to me when we are talking about Catching scum.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Thanatos wrote:I would like to move for this whole hissy fit being stricken from the record.
I would like to move that other people participate.

Is the line "I vote assholes first"

a) suspicious
b) unnecessary
c) retarded
d) all of the above
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:33 pm

I guess I just have a problem with how DT can almost get lynched for saying the word modkill, but no one else even lifts an eyebrow when DS talks about lynching assholes......
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:35 pm

Well....every one except for HeH
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:39 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Thanatos wrote:I would like to move for this whole hissy fit being stricken from the record.

a) suspicious
b) unnecessary
c) retarded
d) all of the above
To be fair, that's not what he said. He said, if it came down to two people who he wanted to vote for, one who he liked, one who he didn't, and both were suspicious to him, he'd vote for the one he didn't like. Not a really effective way of divining the truth, but it's to be expected.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Thanatos wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:

a) suspicious
b) unnecessary
c) retarded
d) all of the above
To be fair, that's not what he said. He said, if it came down to two people who he wanted to vote for, one who he liked, one who he didn't, and both were suspicious to him, he'd vote for the one he didn't like. Not a really effective way of divining the truth, but it's to be expected.
Ok, but, to also be fair, thats not what he said first, and that isn't what is going on here.....
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:07 pm

Basically...DS is getting away with everything DT was just about to get lynched for. I don't think thats fair.......

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”