Open 646 - Semi Nightless - Game Over (D6)

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:41 am

Post by MariaR »

^ Can we not
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:41 am

Post by MariaR »

Oh I'm at page top er that was to Transcend devil thing
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Transcend »

Do you accept? This is a deal you cannot refuse as we'll find common ground and lynch a suspect we think has a chance of flipping wolf.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:43 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2152, Transcend wrote:Do you accept? This is a deal you cannot refuse as we'll find common ground and lynch a suspect we think has a chance of flipping wolf.
Can you do what I asked please?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Transcend »

Hush little girl. A negotiation of a life time is in the making.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:45 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2154, Transcend wrote:Hush little girl. A negotiation of a life time is in the making.
You do know I can make your life hell in more ways then one? O_e

Wait does hell count as a swear
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Transcend »

My life is hell since i am the devil and that's where i preside.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:46 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

there's not a lot to go on but a few key things about rosske:
  • 1. Voted Thor D1 because of gut, which was one of many counterwagons to scum and could be a chainsaw vote (Thor lead a lot of the push on Kranoid)

2. Awkward D2 vote on KTS that essentially repeated what other people said with nothing to add. Looked somewhat oppurtunistic to me at least.
There's probably more I'm forgetting but while phoneposting this is what I recall. This kind of stuff can definitely come from town, but with more townier players alive and some possible framework of scum motivation, it's worth some scrutiny.

I still prefer Tenshii btw

PEdit: uh... i want to think about this, i kind of like smith for town :igmeou:
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Transcend »

Why

I thought you were an advocate of him being wolf.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:48 am

Post by MariaR »

How hard did he push the Thor vote? Because if it was a moot vote I don't think scum would draw aggro to themselves in this set up but if he was hardcore "Lynch thor" I understand that

2nd point I 100% get cause I sr things like that also.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 1925, Transcend wrote:Your reads parallel heavily with mine Tenshii just in a different order

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your fos on Thor feels more OMGUS-y than anything. And as a newer player, I'd expect that from you. I tend to notice lots of newer town players fosing people that directly attack them since they know they're town and they know they're under attack. They think that scum is taking a bite at them instead of town being incorrect about them.

I don't necessarily agree with the case from Thor myself, but I don't exactly see the attack as a scum-motivated attack? Like it could be, but right now I just lean on him being wrong. Hence why I've said the interactions between you two are TVT.

Which leaves Rosske. I don't think his actions over the course of this game were genuine. I think he vote-hopped a few wagons opportunistically (Thor d1, KTS d1, Io d1, KTS d2, Transcend d2/3/4 etc.) I don't feel the votes he made were for genuine reasons, rather tactical ones.

I'll go over each of his votes that come to my mind in memory.

Thor d1: I think KTS was voting Thor at first correct me if wrong. Rosske's reason for voting Thor was pretty good (hence why I followed suit with the light bw that happened on him). However his actions a few posts later indicate that this was just an opportunistic scum-hop from him rather than actually scumreading Thor and it was him cherry-picking two posts and rolling with the punches. All he did to explain the vote on Thor alongside the 2 posts he quoted was say "gut". He did not pursue that wagon really hard at all.

KTS d1: I think Kcda (mhsmith) voted KTS. Rosske votes KTS as well. The reason escapes me why either of them voted KTS but memory serves that it was a bad vote. He never explained his vote on KTS to my memory, and the person who he voted with when he voted Thor was KTS. So Rosske never explains that his read on Thor changed at all, so he voted the person who he voted with without stating that his mind on Thor changed. Now this is the part I think is damning, but I'm going to safely dismiss this part as null for right now since it can go either way is him telling Karnos "Why aren't you voting Thor?".

Scenario A. He's scum questioning his partner's motives
Scenario B. He's scum telling karnos to vote Thor without actually voting Thor himself
Scenario C. He's town who questioned karnos' motives

Again all these scenarios are plausible, so it's best to dismiss that tell as null. But I seriously feel that Rosske was lightly pushing on Thor again and forgot he was voting KTS since he votehopped KTS and then gave no reason to why he voted him.

Io d1: IIRC he evades the KTS/Thor votes, doesn't explain why and then votes Io with karnos. One could say that he's town because why would he associate himself with his clearly ailing partner? There's many reasons why that can be wrong.

Reason A. With karnos lynched, Rosske would have to survive legitimately 5 lynches by himself. Having the support of his partner would help.
Reason B. WIFOM factor. "Oh if I hard buddy my partner they won't suspect me due to associative tells hehehehehe"

Over all throughout the course of d1, Rosske votehopped 3 times (to my memory) and his votes were all fairly neutral votes where he didn't explain his stance that well.

Now we're on d2. He doesn't participate in karnos twilight at all. Which was a period of at least 3 days. I understand that you cannot always be on mafiascum 24/7 but that was a long ass twilight period due to slow host. He posted
zero
times. I didn't pay attention to see if he was on the site during twilight or not (I think that's cheating correct me if wrong). However he claims he wasn't here for twilight. But like I said, Twilight for karnos was a solid 3 days or more and 3 days of inactivity leads to a prod. Prods aren't something that people like very much and people come on and post a brief prod dodgeto avoid prod. Regardless this aspect shouldn't be analyzed too much, but the fact he was not present for twilight is supporting my case even more. And him not also participating in twilight and his next vote are also reasons to support him as scum.

KTS D2: Instantly votes KTS. "You obviously bussed your partner". He says nothing else. He just sheeps what mhsmith/Luna Fox said in twilight for karnos. If you go back to d1 it shows that Rosske voted KTS, but he never explained that reason at all. Throughout either of his votes. So he votehops KTS twice and gives minimal to no reasoning both times. His vote on KTS doesn't last long. This is possibly the case due to him wanting the rest of the town to tear KTS apart while he WK's him and pushes on someone else. This person being yours truly!

Trans D2: KTS votes me, few posts later Rosske votes me too! This time he's been hellbent on my lynch. I think it's justifiable for players to fos me, due to my shitty reads and consistent mood swings. However, the reason this guy foses me is not genuine and sorta hypocritical. He has said that I'm scum for berating several people (which is me all the time as can be seen in several games of mine).He's also said that I'm scum because I've pushed several mislynches. The lynches I pushed for were Luna Fox (yeah this one was probably wrong) where he never said why my push on Luna was scum motivated, and him. I voted mhsmith Thor and Giga in brief periods but I've only tunneled Luna and Rosske. He said that I've coasted by getting several people mislynched. Which is blatantly untrue. I did not get KTS lynched, I didn't get PC lynched. I was advocates for two people. Luna Fox and Rosske only. But he explains that I'm scum for getting KTS and PC lynched. And say, that even if I did get KTS lynched here, why would he fos me for it since he voted KTS twice? This is inconsistent behavior from him.

With all this above and the 5 votes I recall from him being thoroughly explained, this is why I have concluded that Rosske is scum here. I understand you have meta townreads on Rosske, but Ross is a newer player and isn't going to play the same way as both alignments. Take a look at karnos for example. There were some parties (myself, Tenshii) who thought he was newb town. I had meta on him, Tenshii didn't. We were both wrong. We had incorrect meta, even though his game this game replicated the newbie game I played with him. Newer players are gonna get better and begin to play similarly as both alignments much like most of the good players here.

I know I have berated most of you all day, which was probably not the correct way to approach this. But I have for one final time, gone deeply in depth into all of his votes this game (which is most of his content anyways). And I've explained why it makes him the last scum, and why you should ignore meta this time.
Here's my ross case btw.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:49 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2158, Transcend wrote:Why

I thought you were an advocate of him being wolf.
What did Ross do that was rly scummy to you-
Pedit: HOLY ***
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Transcend »

I was talking about smith.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:50 am

In post 1828, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:short list is atm:

Tenshii > Rosske > hope i get nightkilled
the "hope i get nightkilled" sentiment comes from the fact that if smith is scum (if it's not tenshii or maria he'd be my first choice), i have -1 clues what's going on

atm i have 0 clue what's going on, not super interested in going into my desperation lynch choice unless i see something really compelling
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Transcend »

Lydlydlhdlhdlhxhhchcchhc

Well i tried.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Transcend »

Just trying to think of a lynch we both can agree on but we both seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum here.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:54 am

idk i'll think about it i said

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Transcend »

I.e. your best scum read is my best town read.

Pedit: o.k.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:56 am

Post by MariaR »

Ngl after reading that I almost want to lynch myself I understand every point made in that statement and I would be lying if I tried to come up with an answer for those (Although I could be bias with the scenario things cause I only see C as the best choice since I assume scum didn't have day talk)
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:57 am

Post by MariaR »

I still am fairly confident in both my tr's even without reading a page and it's nice to understand the mindset of the 2 people (I think it's only 2) who scumread my slot.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:58 am

Post by MariaR »

I don't feel right in my own skin this is quite weird the way I feel rn is I don't want to live past 5 way.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:58 am

Post by Transcend »

W i f o m
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:59 am

tbh i don't really scumread anyone (besides krinkles) this game, i'm really starting to think townhunting is more my style :|

i just see rosske and tenshii as... less town than everyone else?

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:59 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2171, Transcend wrote:W i f o m
Oh shush you know I hate doing wifom scum play

I'm not kidding where I'd openly self vote if the time came to it.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:00 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2172, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:tbh i don't really scumread anyone (besides krinkles) this game, i'm really starting to think townhunting is more my style :|

i just see rosske and tenshii as... less town than everyone else?
So you have a ton of townreads and then non town reads is what I get from this.

Return to “Completed Open Games”