deepthought (4)
- Nudude, liamcool, Thanatos, charter,
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (1)- Lord Nikon
Disciple Slayer (1) - VampyreLord
Shotgun_Kitten (1) - deepthought
liamcool (1) - Gorgon

Not Voting (4) - Infinitive, Dark_Lady_Shaiann, Disciple Slayer, Hang'em High

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

hm...Well, I have some reasons for this, though not the time to explain them in Detail (mainly they were aligned during the SK issue, DT's response to Liam's horrible plan, and the way Liam voted) I am fairly certain that Liam and DT are scumbuddies.

Therefore, if the cucensous is to let DT live the night, I propose we kill Liam.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:26 am

Post by charter »

I don't really think that liamcool's post you quoted HeH really constitutes mentioning (though mentioning in "any way, shape, or form" like infinitive wrote, I suppose it would. So I guess he is twisting the truth a bit like you said). It seems, to me anyhow, that it's just the precursor to jumping on the bandwagon with reservations. He didn't generate any new suspicions about deepthought, just reiterated what everyone else had been saying, while also saying, he's only 60% sure that deepthought is scum. By far low enough to shift his vote elsewhere should another, stronger lynch wagon form form on xxxx, and just claim, well, I wasn't entirely sure he was scum, but I'm sure xxxx is scum.

I still think there's no possible way deepthought can have this town's best interest in mind, with his speculating making false claims as a townie. Making false claims ONLY ever makes sense if you're scum, and for him to think about it, I believe he's scum.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Thanatos wrote:hm...Well, I have some reasons for this, though not the time to explain them in Detail (mainly they were aligned during the SK issue, DT's response to Liam's horrible plan, and the way Liam voted) I am fairly certain that Liam and DT are scumbuddies.

Therefore, if the cucensous is to let DT live the night, I propose we kill Liam.
I've liked your contributions so far, but this post is a bit yucky. You are advocating killing someone and only giving hints of reasons. I've found liamcool suspicious, so I'll be very interested in hearing your case fully outlined. However, I still find your post fishy. Just yesterday you said:
Thanatos wrote:Besides, I don't see any other strong leads at the moment, to be honest. Except for Liam, but even that I don't consider strong at the moment.
You haven't talked about liamcool at all since then until your post calling for his death. I don't know how you go from a case you say isn't strong to advocating his death. Adding to this, late last night you said:
Thanatos wrote:
unvote
Cool it, kiddos. I don't want a lynch on the first day. I want more time to think. If nothing else, get a roleclaim out of him before you kill. (and frankly, I think it's too soon for that as well)

It's not that Deepthought hasn't done alot to make me suspicious, but this is moving way too fast.
Here you are calling for a calm, reasoned discussion before lynching deepthought, but when it comes to liamcool you want to rush right into the kill. Your approach to liam is very different from your approach to DT. Why the inconsistency? Also, it's interesting to note your wording in the last sentence.
Thanatos wrote:Therefore, if the cucensous is to let DT
live the night
, I propose we kill Liam.
I've underlined the part that interests me. Why are you thinking about who to let live through the night? While I'm pretty certain you meant "live through the day" and merely made a typo, I'm not willing to entirely discount the possibility you slipped up. I'd like to hear your answer to this and the reasoning behind your call for liamcool's lynch. Until then IGMEOY.
charter wrote:I don't really think that liamcool's post you quoted HeH really constitutes mentioning
I disagree. The entire first paragraph discusses why he finds DT suspicious, although he is only reiterating other peoples' arguments. He concludes the post by casting an FoS on DT. liamcool has certainly done some suspicious things, but voting for DT without previously mentioning him (as Infinitive suggests) isn't one of them.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Thanatos »

Ich. Yeah, that was a typo.
First of all, I do not want to rush for the kill. I was proposing him as our second target. I believe in it pretty strongly, (for reasons, which I'll explain below, have only a little do to with what Liam has done thats scummy) maybe even more than DT. Still, I don't want to lynch him without talking it over with him and everyone else. I apologize if I gave that impression. Also, The reason for my thing being like that was because I was in a rush. However, I will now explain my thinking in Detail.

I don't have alot to go on for Liam. And I do not want to rush for the kill, I was proposing him as our second target. However, I believe killing him will shed new light on the issue of DT, as well as stall our attack on him to see how the night plays out.

Liam has done a few things which set off major signals.

It began right here.
liamcool wrote:Couldn't we just vote the people who aren't posting at all out or something, if it's bugging you all that much?
He was trying to get us to vote off people who aren't active, as opposed to those who arn't town. This is a rediculasly stupid plan, and I was willing to chalk it up to a simple mistake, until...
deepthought wrote:
Why would you need to ask this and not put down a vote yourself?
DT, who SHOULD know better, seems to be inciting him to do so, and supporting his plan, without making too much of it. With DT being the number one scum suspect, I find this highly unusual. If he was town, he should have realized how bad a plan that was. If he was Scum and Liam was town, he should have started a bandwagon. Instead, he gives Liam a little support and walks away. DT continues to defend Liam's post in 102

charter, in 114, voices my other concern, about how, of the three lurkers, 2 couldn't play, meaning that thier silence wasn't role based. Liam has been around, but not doing much.

Liam reneters later on, and does something which (if we, just for the moment, assume DT is scum) is really, really bad for his case. As the DT case begins to take off, he makes a lukewarm suspicion against DT. He doesn't do anything yet, which is odd if he's scum, but he doesn't leave him alone either. He touches DT just enough to make it look like he cares, but easy to bounce back from. It is only near the end where he votes, and even thats just going with it.

Also, as I was reading back, he asked how many scum there were, in what I believe is his first content post. I wonder, now, if he was trying to make himself look less like scum, but then again, that WIFOM...Still, it's a newbie scum thing to do.

Anyways, this is my case against Liam. I think he is scumbuddies with DT. I think that, if we do not wish to risk killing the doctor tonight, a good examination of Liam is a good option, andI believe he is the way to go for today's lynch, not so much because of himself, but I feel that his interactions with DT will make for an interesting D2 discussion, if we know Liam's alignment.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Thanatos »

Actually, live the night isn't really a typo. It meant, "Live to the night so that we can see what happens"

I meant what I said, it just came out wrong.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:05 am

Post by charter »

Thanatos wrote:Anyways, this is my case against Liam. I think he is scumbuddies with DT. I think that, if we do not wish to risk killing the doctor tonight, a good examination of Liam is a good option, andI believe he is the way to go for today's lynch, not so much because of himself, but I feel that his interactions with DT will make for an interesting D2 discussion, if we know Liam's alignment.
I don't know about liam, if we lynch him and he turns out to be scum, then deepthought is almost certainly scum as well. If he turns out to be town, he really hasn't given us anything to go with. Deepthought, on the other hand, has said lots of his own ideas and has had interactions with many people. liamcool has had a few mediocre posts, and hasn't really clashed with anyone.

This is just my thinking on where we'd be tomorrow if we lynch liamcool. I'm not advocating against lynching him, because he's my number two suspect, but I think that deepthought's doctor claim and mentioning thinking of claiming the cop makes me think that he is neither the doctor nor cop, and good reasoning tells me that plain townies would take a lynch rather than false roleclaim, so this leaves him as scum.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Thanatos »

I kind of agree that DT is a better choice, though his claim does make me stop and think for a bit. Still, since people seem a bit more inclined to let him live for the night than kill him, I thought I'd make a case for Liam as the alternative, and how it pertains to the DT case.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

O.K., I like Thanatos' explanation for the most part. Post 225 was yucky, but I think his follow-up was reasonable. I'm not sure I would go so far as to assert DT and liam are scumbuddies, however. It's certainly possible, but I think the links are fairly weak. Much of his case against liamcool is based on the assumption deepthroat is scum and I'm always wary of suspecting someone because they
might
be linked to someone who
might
be scum -- that's too many "mights" for my taste.

However, even without any possible links to DT I have found liamcool's posts to be suspicious. He lurks, advocates going after lurkers, doesn't scumhunt and jumps on bandwagons while expressing reluctance to do so. I'm not sure I want him lynched yet, but I want him to defend himself. Therefore,

Vote: liamcool

I'm still undecided about how to handle deepthroat. I find him scummier than liamcool, but DT's Doc claim makes me want to look elsewhere for today.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Disciple Slayer »

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
2) Who was the other scummy person we were debating about being scummy? There was no person a or person b as far as I was aware. There was just DT. Every one's attention was focused on him. Your final reason to vote him was basically because he pissed you off. What reason do we have to trust you at all if your including your emotions in this game? (keyword being game)
So fucking wrong. I'm going to have to repost this A THIRD TIME because you just don't get it. I'm going to make it in a nice big bolded font
just to make sure you understand this time

PERSON A SUSPECTS PERSON B AND PERSON C EQUALLY. PERSON B IS AN ASSHOLE, PERSON C IS NOT. PERSON B GETS VOTED FIRST.

I note how D_L_S constantly tries to twist what I say into something false. That is an indication of being very, very scummy indeed.

And the part about DT being the only suspect, I'm pretty sure people were suspecting Liamcool as well.

DT+Liamcool+D_L_S = MAFIA?

DT seems like he was on his way down before pulling a doc claim. Liamcool jumped on the DT bandwagon for no apparent reason, possibly to draw suspicion off him. Add D_L_S attempting to draw attention off Liamcool and DT by trying to twist my words to a completely different meaning, and maybe we've got something here. Maybe not. But I definitely want one of the three of them investigated during Night 1.

Her word twisting reeks of scum.

P.S. To my experience, people slip up most when they're agitated and post without thinking. It's my personal scum-hunting technique.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Thanatos »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6763

Look at post number 7.

Hahaha, Irony.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Disciple Slayer wrote:And the part about DT being the only suspect, I'm pretty sure people were suspecting Liamcool as well.
And I'm positive you're wrong. You made the following statement in post 192:
Disciple Slayer wrote:You want more clarification? Let me give you an example.

Person A and Person B are both suspicious. Person A is an asshole. Person B is not. Guess who gets my vote.
At the time nobody was voting for liamcool and as far as I can tell nobody had even cast an FoS at him.

I also don't understand why you need to resort to ad hominem attacks. Is it because your arguments aren't logical? Do you feel that name calling and big bold fonts change that fact? They don't. DLS is making far more sense than you in this debate.
Disciple Slayer wrote:To my experience, people slip up most when they're agitated and post without thinking. It's my personal scum-hunting technique.
In my opinion this applies far more to you than to DLS. She's been keeping her cool and responding calmly -- in that respect you should follow her example.

Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:29 am

Thanatos wrote:Liamcool: He fits the bill of a Scum Lurker pretty perfectly. He's here, but not often, and his posts don't accomplish much. And trying to get people to kill the Lurkers is odd, to say the least. If the DT bandwagon dies, I'll look at him next.
The above is post 136, thus proving you wrong when you said no one was suspecting Liamcool before today.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:32 am

Hang 'em High wrote:

Person A and Person B are both suspicious. Person A is an asshole. Person B is not. Guess who gets my vote.
At the time nobody was voting for liamcool and as far as I can tell nobody had even cast an FoS at him.
How is my example related to Liamcool? It was a clarification on why I voted for idiots first.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:34 am

Hang 'em High wrote: I also don't understand why you need to resort to ad hominem attacks. Is it because your arguments aren't logical? Do you feel that name calling and big bold fonts change that fact? They don't. DLS is making far more sense than you in this debate.
Disciple Slayer wrote:To my experience, people slip up most when they're agitated and post without thinking. It's my personal scum-hunting technique.
In my opinion this applies far more to you than to DLS. She's been keeping her cool and responding calmly -- in that respect you should follow her example.
So far all she's done in response to me is twist my words far beyond their original meaning. How's that making sense?
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Disciple Slayer wrote:
Hang 'em High wrote:

How is my example related to Liamcool? It was a clarification on why I voted for idiots first.
The way your example works makes it look like your trying to decide between
two
people. The only other person players were mildly concerned about was Liamcool. But not you. You went straight for DT. How is your example effective of this situation? Who was person a and person b? If you can't tell me that, then you have had no basis of which to argue with me. I don't want an example or a scenario, I want to know how it relects to our game.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:50 am

Disciple Slayer wrote:
Hang 'em High wrote: I also don't understand why you need to resort to ad hominem attacks. Is it because your arguments aren't logical? Do you feel that name calling and big bold fonts change that fact? They don't. DLS is making far more sense than you in this debate.
So far all she's done in response to me is twist my words far beyond their original meaning. How's that making sense?
Yeah...twisted them in a way every one else understands......
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:53 am

Because I was already suspicious of deepthroat. I would have voted for him even if he wasn't a douche, but his assholeness just sealed the lid on the coffin. I used an example of two people because you wanted to know how I vote in relation to assholeness, and my examples showed that it is never a deciding factor, just the little needed to determine who I'd vote for when I suspect two people equally.

In the game, I don't suspect two people equally. I suspect deepthroat a lot more than Liamcool, but I'm hesitant about deepthroat's doc claim, thus my unvote on him. You need to make more posts like the one I'm replying to, instead of nonsensical ones that try to twist the points I am trying to make.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:54 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
You just admitted to twisting them. Wouldn't a pro-town player want to clarify, rather than twist? Twisting is very scummy.

FOS DLS
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:05 am

Disciple Slayer wrote:Because I was already suspicious of deepthroat. I would have voted for him even if he wasn't a douche, but his assholeness just sealed the lid on the coffin. I used an example of two people because you wanted to know how I vote in relation to assholeness, and my examples showed that it is never a deciding factor, just the little needed to determine who I'd vote for when I suspect two people equally.

In the game, I don't suspect two people equally. I suspect deepthroat a lot more than Liamcool, but I'm hesitant about deepthroat's doc claim, thus my unvote on him. You need to make more posts like the one I'm replying to, instead of nonsensical ones that try to twist the points I am trying to make.
Ok....thats all fine and dandy, but wouldn't it be common sense to just give me the real story instead of screaming scenarios at me that make no sense when compared to this situation? Obviously the examples weren't doing it for me, and it had nothing to do with my comprehension of English, but your inability to see that your example is completely null and void. All in all, it still doesn't really excuse your "I vote assholes first" statement.

And obviously it is a deciding factor if you use it to decide who to vote for, no matter the situation. So... like I said: Learn to word your sentences better.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:07 am

Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
You just admitted to twisting them. Wouldn't a pro-town player want to clarify, rather than twist? Twisting is very scummy.

FOS DLS
I think I'm actually speechless for once.......
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:08 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:Because I was already suspicious of deepthroat. I would have voted for him even if he wasn't a douche, but his assholeness just sealed the lid on the coffin. I used an example of two people because you wanted to know how I vote in relation to assholeness, and my examples showed that it is never a deciding factor, just the little needed to determine who I'd vote for when I suspect two people equally.

Ok....thats all fine and dandy, but wouldn't it be common sense to just give me the real story instead of screaming scenarios at me that make no sense when compared to this situation? Obviously the examples weren't doing it for me, and it had nothing to do with my comprehension of English, but your inability to see that your example is completely null and void. All in all, it still doesn't really excuse your "I vote assholes first" statement.

And obviously it is a deciding factor if you use it to decide who to vote for, no matter the situation. So... like I said: Learn to word your sentences better.
You couldn't seem to understand it, so I gave you examples pertaining to my playing style. It's not a deciding factor because it doesn't play a huge role in determining my vote.

Like I said before, learn to understand English better.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:09 am

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:

FOS DLS
Because you slipped up?
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Thanatos »

*Sigh* Children, please. Do either of you really think this conversation is useful for catching scum?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:11 am

Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:
Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:

FOS DLS
Because you slipped up?
Hell no. Because you look so unbeivably desperate right now.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:13 am

Thanatos wrote:*Sigh* Children, please. Do either of you really think this conversation is useful for catching scum?
DLS seems to like provoking me.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”