'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sixth Vote Count of Day Three:
(same as the last count)

Mastermind of Sin - 2 (Battle Mage, cicero)

cicero - 1 (Setael)
Battle Mage - 1 (Mastermind of Sin)
Sudo_Nym - 1 (VitaminR)

Not Voting - 12 (HackerHuck, -TinVision-, Sudo_Nym, Yosarian2, PookyTheMagicalBear, Arafax, Crub, Dasquian, Sir.Laggalot, AniX, Ectomancer, Mariyta)

With seventeen alive, it will take nine votes to lynch.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Crub wrote:Again am I the only one concerned about Mariyta's claims at this point?
1. A cop seems close to useless (A person's alignment can change night to night)
True, but that dosn't make a cop useless. It makes the cop a bit weaker, but anyone who can find scum is good for the town, obv, and even "X was not scum as of yesterday" is somewhat useful information.
2. Being bitten doesn't conform with the flavour from the movie.
Yeah, that is an interesting point, but eh, I don't think it invalidates the arguments that there's no good motive for Mariyta to lie in this situation. Especally since it's the kind of lie that we'd eventually discover, as if she's telling the truth, there's a high chance someone else will eventually make the same choice and claim to have also been bit.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Ectomancer »

If what I believe is true, the Cop starts out practically useless, but becomes more useful once we begin getting kills. I would think that Max (if that role is CR) doesn't show as guilty, but any recruits (who have made their kill) would.
If you remember right, she tossed in drinking early, and then clarified that the PM didn't actually say drink.
All in all, I have to buy her story. My only concern would be after we have had a night kill or two.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Alrighty. Someone round up the lurkers. This is silly.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Dasquian »

I'm down with that idea. Of course, identifying "lurkers" is always a debate to be had, but I'm going to go with:

Vote: HackerHuck

Seems to fall into the same (lack of) posting band as AniX, Crub, Pooky, Arafax, Laggalot, and Sudo_Nym, and out of them, he's the one I have most reasons to want to pressure and the fewest good reasons not to.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Arafax »

Doesn't Mari's clear of Sudo make him innocent?....At least for now....To me it would be unbalanced if it was the other way around..

I think BM's partner should claim or MoS should drop it....It's a pointless discussion...MoS also comes off as cocky to me or like he's running the show here...With people like that you'll either dislike them or tend to follow them...
IGMEOY MoS

I'd like to hear from VitR without it being a response to someone....Seems to only post when asked to post.

Is there a possibiltiy of a one-person cult recruiter and a small scum group?...I doubt it, but I've never played in a game this large.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Arafax wrote:Doesn't Mari's clear of Sudo make him innocent?....At least for now....To me it would be unbalanced if it was the other way around..
It's a good question to ask, but of equal importance this game is
when
that person was investigated (I dont recall, it may have been last night). Also, we need to be clear on what that person is being cleared
of
. If there is only 1 Cult Recruiter, and no backup plan, the mechanisms to protect that CR would be strong enough to ward off a random lynch Day 1 (you would think) and also should not show as guilty upon investigation.
Once again, my assertion is that the CR should not show as guilty to Maritya. (That statement should not be taken as any more knowledgable of the mechanics as any other persons this game until later)
Also, the fact is, that I believe most of the claims this game, with the exception of BM and Cicero. I approve of the pressure being put on BM's claim from MoS today and have information that could either support or call into question certain statements that have been made. I can't say what I'm hoping to get yet though.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

This was today:
Mariyta wrote: Second, Sudo_Nym is innocent.

Third, last night, I was bitten. So, that's a definitive "Yes, we are dealing with a cult." I was never told I couldn't tell the town I was bitten, and according to the PM I received, I can still remain town (and subsequently only half-vampire) depending on what I choose to do. I still have my night action (IE: Cop). However, since I am technically a vampire, I need to kill and drink. If I choose not to kill, I'll suffer in some way. I asked what that suffering was and I was told I'd find out if/when the time came. Simply for the fact that I'm telling you all this, I hope you realize which path I'm choosing, but for those who choose to pretend to be idiots... I'm going to suffer instead of kill.
So, yeah, Mariyta investigated Sudo_Nym last night, and Sudo_Nym wasn't bitten last night, so he's either innocent or some kind of investigative-proof godfather.

And the night before that, she investigated TCS, who also came up town.

I'm also not sure how someone would come up if they got bit but haven't decided yet if they want to stay good or not. Mariyta, do you know the answer to that?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Mariyta »

I do not. I don't think we can assume they've decided anything until a) they come out and tell us they were bitten (if they do that, it's kind of obvious they're at least trying to convince us they're town) or b) kill.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:52 am

Post by cicero »

More pressure would be lovely on my new target Mastermind of Sin, Hackerhuck, and VitaminR if he was back to posting. Pooky should be voted for until he claims or gets back in the game.

BM's mason partner needs to claim and if they don't I'll assume they don't exist.

If Ecto doesn't believe my claim she should vote for me again. Setael is lonely. Otherwise she should tell us who else she suspects since there are so many others worth investigating she says without following through.

Everyone could stand to vote for somebody. or at least do a top FOS's thing. Or, ya know, do something.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Setael »

cicero wrote:Setael is lonely. Otherwise she should tell us who else she suspects since there are so many others worth investigating she says without following through.
Did you mean to say someone else? Cuz... I've given my scum list and reasons. If you meant me, can you please clarify?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:59 am

Post by cicero »

No. She = Ectomancer.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Arafax »

cicero wrote:Pooky should be voted for until he claims or gets back in the game.
Why are you asking for a claim from Pooky?
- Emery
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Considering that we have information that says the cult can recruit our power roles, I don't think massclaiming at this point would be wise.

If they hit our vig, we could easily be done.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by cicero »

Arafax wrote:
cicero wrote:Pooky should be voted for until he claims or gets back in the game.
Why are you asking for a claim from Pooky?
I'm uncovering lurkers. The claim I want is BMs mason parter. I want Pooky to stop sticking his head under the rock for weeks at a time. If he won't we should start voting him until we either lynch him or he gives us reason to believe he isn't cult recruiter.

As my cute little sig files shows, I'm sick to death of lurkers.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Much as I like pressuring lurkers, cicero, that dosn't make a lot of sense.

You don't go after lurkers to fish for random claims, you go after lurkers to make them stop lurking.

And if you want BM's mason partner, make a convincing case BM is scum, vote for BM, and if enough people agree then BM either names his mason parther or dies. A mason partner shouldn't claim before that kind of thing happens anyway. And fishing for random other people's roles just to find out BM's partner is just terrible.

vote:cicero
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by cicero »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Considering that we have information that says the cult can recruit our power roles, I don't think massclaiming at this point would be wise.

If they hit our vig, we could easily be done.
Our vig is already out there.

Problem the cult has at this point is convincing anyone to join them, given Mariyta's play. I dont think most people like switching sides in the middle. I know I don't.

Who's the cult recruiter in your opinion, pooky? Who is scum? Who should we focus on? You're a smart player. What should we do?
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Arafax »

Vote cicero
for poor logic.
- Emery
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:48 pm

Did we have our trackers give us tracking results?

Think Cicero, I wouldn't do what I did yesterday if I was in the cult, you can cry WIFOM all you want but the fact remains that I wasn't recruited last night, Mari was, and I have no reason to go after the cult if I was in it.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:52 pm

And I don't like the way you've decided to narrow the list down to the unclaimed players, it has a feeling of you trying to turn the attention away from a wide swath of players in order to secure them

the idea that we have a cult that doesn't have safeclaims is ridiculous, especially considering that they probably will find out the likely setup of this game through recruitment.

Here's the thing, everybody can be recruited, nobody can be trusted, when you start going after a certain group of people for not claiming, you risk a cult running out of control if they take control of the segment of the town that you seem to have cleared of being the cult recruiter.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:04 pm

Post by cicero »

Yosarian2 wrote:Much as I like pressuring lurkers, cicero, that dosn't make a lot of sense.

You don't go after lurkers to fish for random claims, you go after lurkers to make them stop lurking.

And if you want BM's mason partner, make a convincing case BM is scum, vote for BM, and if enough people agree then BM either names his mason parther or dies. A mason partner shouldn't claim before that kind of thing happens anyway. And fishing for random other people's roles just to find out BM's partner is just terrible.

vote:cicero
I want Pooky to stop lurking. I know he fancies himself the great savior when he's town, but I don't know that he's town now do I? I know that this is all like our conversation in the discussion thread - we have a player there who isn't contributing until people start to talk about him, but no one will bother to vote the lurker. Im just trying to
a) remind people that he's in the damn game, and
b) to poke him so he'll contribute because he's very good when he's engaged and contributing.

When I said push Pooky to a claim, I mostly just meant push Pooky. But I will confess I'm still going back and forth back and forth over claims in this game. Especially since we have so many already, while at the same time people arent really contributing substantially. Any questions I've raised for people to answer have been studiously ignored and most people still arent even voting OR discussing a strategic way forward.

As for masons, maybe I dont understand masons well enough yet. They are just townies who can vouch for each other as townies, right? they get to talk at night? I dont treat them the same as I treat cops and doctors. In the meantime, MoS's wagon on BM is going nowhere. And I cant ever make a case against BM because his play (much like my own) generally looks scummy. I'd like the mason to come forward for the reasons I said before. Narrowing down the people that Ectomancer and Mariyta choose to investigate. So at this point just going "suggest claim=scummy" is pretty lazy thinking.

Anyway, I'm just gonna keep thinking out loud. And when any of you guys with more experience wants to help out it'll be most appreciated.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:09 pm

Look Cicero, just stop a second and look at that list of roles we've had claimed.

What do you notice is missing?

That's what I don't want being flushed out, especially when we have these power roles in the game.

Why do you think we have co-vigs instead of a single vig?

Stop, no don't tell me, keep it to yourself. Be smart here.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Post by cicero »

Yes Pooky - I saw that and said it myself before. In fact I could quote it to you. AND I've bitched about our scumdar being awful. But other than jumping up and down and getting people to lynch me so that the investigators can do another night of investigation, I'm at a loss for how to proceed here.

And dont think that little lynch me suggestion isnt one Im mulling seriously. I am.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:34 pm

Post by Crub »

vote: cicero

If you say so ...
Moo?
cicero