Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:11 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Official Vote Count

deepthought (4)
- Nudude, Hang'em High, Gorgon, Thanatos
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (1)- Lord Nikon
Disciple Slayer (1) - VampyreLord
Shotgun_Kitten (1) - deepthought

Not Voting (5) - Infinitive, DiscipleSlayer, Dark_Lady_Shaiann, charter, liamcool

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

I think we've kind of exhausted this argument. It seems to basically boil down to deepthought saying modkilling or lynching someone for lurking is fine and me saying that opinion is anti-town. At this point we've reached a deadlock so it's best to move on. Since I still find deepthought to be the most suspicious, I'm keeping my vote there. However, I'm not willing to lynch him yet and I think it's time to start poking at some of the less active players to get them to participate more. I'm leaving now and probably won't be able to post until tomorrow.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Thanatos »

Hang 'em High wrote:I think we've kind of exhausted this argument. It seems to basically boil down to deepthought saying modkilling or lynching someone for lurking is fine and me saying that opinion is anti-town. At this point we've reached a deadlock so it's best to move on. Since I still find deepthought to be the most suspicious, I'm keeping my vote there. However, I'm not willing to lynch him yet and I think it's time to start poking at some of the less active players to get them to participate more. I'm leaving now and probably won't be able to post until tomorrow.
I disagree. On the chance that DT is actually giulty, I'm willing to bet that new imput from other people will make or break the bandwagon...Besides, I don't see any other strong leads at the moment, to be honest. Except for Liam, but even that I don't consider strong at the moment.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Hang 'em High
Hang 'em High
Goon
Hang 'em High
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Hang 'em High »

Fair enough -- pursue away. Personally, I don't have anything else to add at the moment. Obviously I comment if something strikes me, but for now I'm going to turn my attention elsewhere. I agree it would be helpful for some of the other players to comment on the recent discussion.
There are two types of people in the world -- those who divide people into types and those who don't.

Note: I've got LA on weekends and in the evening.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Gorgon »

Thanatos wrote:It's interesting that I see a weird relationship between Nudude and charter. It's true that moving her vote like that was awkward, but I wonder if he's looking too strongly for evidence. Then again, scum would, likely, want to lie low in the random voting phase, though I suppose the best ones try to take charge. Dark Lady's vote is pretty awkward as well...
What do you think of LN's vote on D_L_S, then?
Thanatos wrote:Gorgon, it should be obvious that scum, more than townies at least, would not want a vote, giving them a free night. It's true that they want votes on townies, but that's mostly a distraction to by time with as well as speed up something that is mostly carried out by the Mafia.
Well, if the scum don't vote, they leave the voting up to the townies, which makes it harder for them to cast suspicion where they want it to be - on townies. Also, even if all the scum would refrain from voting, that's still not enough to 'give them a free night'; the townies can still lynch someone on their own. However, this discussion doesn't have much relevance to this particular game ...
deepthought wrote:The point of my posts isn't to say, "how dare you question such a distinguished mafia player", it's to respond to "why are you so sure that there are 3 scum?" I'm so sure because in my experience 3 is standard, and I always start with that assumption on day 1.
It's true enough that 3 scum in a 12-player game is very common, but I'm still trying to figure out whether you genuinely assumed this deliberately, or you're covering a slipup. In a recent game where I was scum, I blatantly yet undeliberately assumed that there were 3 scum in my calculations, but no one picked up on that, even though I was quite nervous about it for pretty much the rest of the game after that. However, this does seem to indicate somewhat that it may not be all that unusual for people to assume 3 scum in a mini, since I got away with it without being called on it ...

That was the main reason why I voted you, btw. I didn't find your anti-lurker stance as troubling, since I thought you gave a pretty good explanation for it.
deepthought wrote:I quoted that part of your post because you and charter seem to be the only two with any notion of the big picture - you're not looking for players you disagree with, you're looking for players that are trying to trick you into thinking they're townies. If the charge is "you said you don't mind seeing townies modkilled or lynched for lurking", then...no. I don't. I don't even think a day 1 townie lynch is that bad, while we're at it.
I beg to differ. Like I said, I voted you not because I disagree with anything you've said (well, I do disagree with the modkilling of lurkers, but that's not why I voted you). I voted you because you said something I saw as a possible slipup that revealed that you know stuff that you'd only know as scum.
deepthought wrote:... I've shot down every stupid question and half-argument without getting panicky or (more) irritable ...
I agree that you haven't been panicky. However, what does that prove? To me, this argument just looks like you going: "Look, look, I'm not panicking! I can't be scum then, can I?" Flawed and useless reasoning, IMO.

@Infinitive - While I respect that your insistence of voting only when you're sure is your choice and all, I don't agree with that playstyle. I can see it as an all to easy scum-cover; to vote only when the heat has been turned way up on someone and thus hide behind already raised suspicions. However, I'm no veteran at this game who has playstyles down to an art, so I guess only time will tell how this works out for you and the rest of us.

P.S. I'm thinking along much the same lines as HeH (in post 150) now. Input from the players who have been less than active lately would be helpful at this point. Oh, and what part of HeH's post do you disagree with, Thanatos? Your post (151) is a little confusing.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by charter »

liamcool wrote:
@laimcool.
You haven't really done any scumhunting and I'd like your opinion. Who do you find most suspicious? Why?

Based off the last page or so (the new conversation), I have a fairly strong suspicion (about 60%) or so that deepthought is scum. He seems to want Shotgun Kitten to be killed rather than replaced, which is kinda suspicious. Also, he apparently knows that there are three mafia. He stated that with a lot of convinction and knowledge. For all we know, this might be a non-standard game with 2 or 4 mafia, or even a bastard mod game with screwed up roles. Highly unlikely for the second instance though.
You pretty much reiterated what everyone else has already deduced. Still haven't been actively looking for scum, just latching onto other people's suspicions.
Thanatos wrote:Charter's story bugged me..can we get a link to that game to confirm it?
viewtopic.php?t=5939
I just completely didn't think anyone could be close to a lynch when I made my vote because I made like the forth vote overall. A mistake I'm not going to make again (why I ask for vote counts and 'did I add these right?' before I vote) because we spent a while arguing over it when I was the cop and didn't need any extra attention.
deepthought wrote:In this game, a modkill would've eliminated a player I think may be scum. More broadly, it gives people an incentive not to lurk and play off of people's unwillingness to kill of lurkers (which otherwise ruins the game and is massively unsportsmanlike). Replacement's preferable when it can be done, but either would've worked for me.
How were you so positive SK was scum that you wanted her to be modkilled? She had like two posts and neither said anything. I had no inkling as to whether she was town or scum. Wouldn't you rather try and find and lynch another scum who you can be more sure about?

@mod, I'm currently not voting for anyone
thought I'm leaning heavily towards liamcool because I don't believe he's helped the town out at all.
  • Your name is now in the Not Voting list. Thanks for pointing that out.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Disciple Slayer »

I really don't like deepthought's attitude. That alone pisses me off. I tend to agree with HeH when he talks about how deepthought wanted to modkill lurkers and how he said he knew that there were three mafia in the game.

deepthought, why don't you come up with some good rebuttals instead of being an asshat about it? I'm giving you another chance. For now,

FOS deepthought
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by deepthought »

Wow. Try to be a little more emo next time.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Thanatos »

LN's vote on the first page? I thought it was obviously a joke vote. No more, no less.

As for the other thing, you're right, it's not really pertinent to the discussion. That said, I take back what I said to this particular situation, as he wasn't arguing for no vote, he was just not voting himself. Not really scumy. Actually, it's a stupid scum move, but thats just WIFOM...

I disagree on moving on from DT on the basis that we've hit a dead end.

Charter: Thanks. Seems to look good enough.

Oh, and on a side note, I hate to ask this, but are you male or female? I ask because your name reminds me of Carter, a girl, so I apply that gender to you, and It's kinda baseless, but confusing for me.

And frankly, DT has been quite irritable lately. Of course, when prodded, I find it difficult to remain completely cool, so this doesn't really mean anything. DS, don't vote him because of an attitude. Vote him for completely different reasons.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Nudude »

Ok, my thoughts.

deepthought, I believe everyone is aware lynching a townie D1 is not the end of the world, however we want to do everything in our power to make sure we nail scum if we can.

You've made it quite clear that it's not really a big deal to you if we lynch scum or town on the first day. Now to be fair, if a lynch turns up townie that does give us more insight into who is scum. We can better analyse the lynched townie thoughts and know for 100% that it was a townie's thoughts, and who pushed for the lynch ie. who seemd to
know
they were lynching a townie? So yes, I'm willing to concede it isn't game breaking.

This is post 75, minus the mod votecount
deepthought wrote:
Infinitive wrote:Be careful a bandwagon doesn't form here, people. If nothing else, it's foolish to become suspicious of someone because they haven't posted recently, and then to lynch them before they say anything about the increasing number of votes against them.
Nobody's going to drop the hammer before she gets a chance to say something (at least I'd hope not), but there's nothing wrong with poking her with a stick a few times.
This post indicates a clear reluctance to kill someone off before they've had a chance to defend themselves.

This is post 84.
deepthought wrote:This is getting ridiculous; SK is single-handedly stalling the game and hasn't posted in just under a week. Replace her or modkill her or something.
9 posts later your suggesting a mod kill
before
her replacement has even had a chance to make a single post. And since then your stance has been "If we get a townie, it's not that big a deal" which is a clear contridiction to post 75, where you advocate giving people the chance to defend themselves.

It's for this reason I strongly suspect your scum.
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by deepthought »

Nudude wrote:9 posts later your suggesting a mod kill
before
her replacement has even had a chance to make a single post. And since then your stance has been "If we get a townie, it's not that big a deal" which is a clear contridiction to post 75, where you advocate giving people the chance to defend themselves.
The "don't hammer her before she gets a chance to say anything" wasn't so much to give her a chance to defend herself but to give her a chance to make any last-minute roleclaims and avoid lynching a power role (which is the reason I brought up that possibility a couple times at first). That's why replacements are preferable to modkills.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by charter »

Thanatos wrote:Charter: Thanks. Seems to look good enough.

Oh, and on a side note, I hate to ask this, but are you male or female? I ask because your name reminds me of Carter, a girl, so I apply that gender to you, and It's kinda baseless, but confusing for me.
I'm a guy, but if you make a slip I'll know why, else I'd have thought you were a very confused person.
Nudude wrote:Ok, my thoughts.

deepthought, I believe everyone is aware lynching a townie D1 is not the end of the world, however we want to do everything in our power to make sure we nail scum if we can.

You've made it quite clear that it's not really a big deal to you if we lynch scum or town on the first day. Now to be fair, if a lynch turns up townie that does give us more insight into who is scum. We can better analyse the lynched townie thoughts and know for 100% that it was a townie's thoughts, and who pushed for the lynch ie. who seemd to
know
they were lynching a townie? So yes, I'm willing to concede it isn't game breaking.
Completely agree with this.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:31 pm

deepthought wrote:Wow. Try to be a little more emo next time.
Vote: deepthought

Go to hell. I've had it with you.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by deepthought »

Disciple Slayer wrote: Go to hell. I've had it with you.
Don't get me wrong, Reign in Blood was decent. I've never been a huge fan of thrash myself, but as metal albums go it's pretty influential.

Also, you weren't really being subtle looking for an excuse to do that. Welcome to the bandwagon. Glad to have you aboard. :)
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:57 pm

Post by Thanatos »

*sigh* I don't want a lynch like that, DS. What have I been saying? Lets not lynch a guy for his attitude, lets lynch him for being scummy. That said, the evidence does seem to be beginning to pile...
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:31 pm

@Thanatos: I know what's been going down, just that most of the things I agree with and disagree with have already been posted by you, HeH, and Nudude.

@deepthought: Nice attempt to label valid arguments and suspicions as a bandwagon. Just so you know, I always vote assholes first.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:33 pm

EBWOP:

@deepthought: Reign In Blood was awesome, but mentioning won't get you off the hook.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:33 pm

EBWOP: mentioning it, that is.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by liamcool »

Okay, it seems blaringly obvious due to his nature and all the evidence piling up. I'm probably going to regret this, but I'm going to join on the bandwagon..

Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Just so you know, I always vote assholes first.

Ummmm......What? If you have a legitamate reason to vote some one, why would you mess it up by saying something retarded like this? All that means is that you would have gone after DT eventually anyway, regardless of speculations.
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by deepthought »

Disciple Slayer wrote:@deepthought: Nice attempt to label valid arguments and suspicions as a bandwagon.
Did you forget to post them or something?
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:49 pm

liamcool wrote:Okay, it seems blaringly obvious due to his nature and all the evidence piling up. I'm probably going to regret this, but I'm going to join on the bandwagon..

I don't really think it can be considered a bandwagon if you agree. We need majority votes either way. And if you think your going to regret it, it would probably be in your best intrest not to do it. If you have any type of information or insight that could possibly lead us to believe otherwise about DT...... please do share it. If not, then there isn't really anything to regret now is there?
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by deepthought »

Oh well, looks like liamcool put us at 6 anyway.

Any of you watch Scrubs?

[/img]http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8055/moronshi4.jpg[/img]
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by deepthought »

Well that wasn't supposed to happen. Preview your posts, kids.

Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:55 pm

Scrubs is awesome!! But I rarely get to watch it cause I work in the evenings :(
deepthought
deepthought
Townie
deepthought
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by deepthought »

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:Scrubs is awesome!! But I rarely get to watch it cause I work in the evenings :(
Tell me about it - the TV's always taken up on Thursday by people watching Grey's Anatomy. Fortunately for us, NBC Rewind has all of the episodes available for online streaming. :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”