California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Zindaras »

Pooky, name me
one
game right now where I'm playing like I "care".

Grey, is it possible to get a shared account for this role? I rather like the game, believe it or not, and I would be unhappy to leave it. So I'd prefer to stick around.

Please see the Post Content section of the rules regarding asking questions of the Mod.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:16 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Do you think I care if I can find a game where you "care"?
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:31 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

Zindaras: 2 (PookyTheMagicalBear, Sarcastro)
foolinc: 1 (Talitha)
IH: 1 (Setael)
Silent Lee/the silent speaker: 1 (Gaspar)
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Zindaras »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Do you think I care if I can find a game where you "care"?
You say you want to kill me because I don't care. I point out that it's something I'm doing on the whole site. So how is this a scumtell?
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by IH »

Placeholder post of 25 words before I respond to the post on Setael.

Also is it just me, but how has Zindaras not been replaced yet? It doesn't seem like he's posted yet today.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Because you care enough to put up to defend yourself when I vote you.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:13 pm

when it says put up, i really mean "show up"
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by IH »

First of all, I can confirm Zindy has been doing like this in most of his games. I have a very good example for it in a bit, but a game hasn't ended yet.

Posts 1447, 1517, 1548
Setael wrote:298- I can see IH being scum after his intro to the game. Replacing in when he did, scum would not want to support the Skruffs wagon. Rather, they’d treat it just like IH did. He also seemed to be careful about Thesp. Everything he said about Thesp could be expected from a scumbuddy. Also in this post, based on the fact that he doesn’t say a word about foolinc but then lists him as scum, I would guess that foolinc was thrown in for distancing and is also likely scum with IH.
Setael wrote:IH’s 400 is scummy. Attempts to discredit Adele and throw suspicion on BM.
Skruffs wagon-Uh, couldn't have been the only one not supporting a Skruffs wagon. Would you say that it would be mutually exclusive for scum to do it? Did you also take this into account which was in post 298?
IH wrote:I can never get a read on Skruffs = (
Thesp-How was I careful about Thesp? I mentioned I thought one of his quotes were intriguing, and that I thought he was protown. There were probably other players I mentioned even less than Thesp.

Foolinc-Foolinc was probably in my condorcent where he was because he was scummy neutral. He was indeed preceeded by 4 players in my condorcent.

Post 1517-
So, how is me stating a fact subtly defending Thesp?
Setael wrote:746 IH still pushing at logic for figuring out MGM’s breadcrumb so quickly. This argument makes IH look scummy and logic look town since IH’s logic makes no sense to me. It seems a lot more likely that scum would avoid being the one to figure out MGM’s hidden code, since it draws attention to them and can bring up the very argument IH is making against logic.
Either a differing of opinions, and the fact that you don't understand my logic is unanswerable for me.
Setael wrote:808 – 811 : IH and foolinc unlikely to be scum together
Noted

Also curious how Setael thinks it more likely Thesp was bussing me, while there were surely others doing the same thing, even some carrying on an Oman vote?
Setael wrote:This pots makes gaspar look town but I think his conclusion about IH is wrong. I find it hard to believe that IH would be “stupid town” and give info to scum. More likely he is scum who felt the need to subtly tell his scum buddies that they should NOT claim to be the count.
Wouldn't I have just told them the preceding night? It would be insanely retarded for scum to try to convey a message like that to buddies. How likely do you think that is that it actually happened. Would YOU do it as scum?
Setael wrote:DP 889 and IH in 892 and 894 re: “password” vs. “secret word”. Both DP and IH’s posts come off looking scummy. IH has never actually said he has a secret word, but has tried to subtly imply it. Same with DP.
So do you think that only town roles would have a secret word? I do indeed have one, but I don't see why having one and not having one should matter, or else the game would be broken by claiming words.
Setael wrote:IH’s comments on foolinc in this post way too over the top for buddying up. Looks like IH is mafia, and foolinc isn’t.
if I turn out to be town, what would you think about Foolinc? Why do you auto clear foolinc for me 'not being scum' with him. How is it more likely I'd buddy up to a buddy, but not try to secretly convey a message to them in the middle of the day?

You also agree with MBL I'm artful and attentive. Thanks.
Setael wrote:[1020 IH claims (WHY?) and says he has no role name, just innocent fresnoite
To explain my skepticism of MGM, and to clear up a few things. Notice MGM's rolename. He is a townie with a rolename.

I am a townie without one.
Setael wrote:Though he doesn’t point it out, what IH is saying could be applied to himself as well – seems like he wants the town to think “if IH was scum, he would take a more confirmable claim from the book and he certainly wouldn’t say he has NO role name” without him actually having to say it.
I stated it was Wifom

Setael you seem to be on a one track mind. Please refer to open 19. I know you know the game,

Actually on that note
Fos:Setael
as I've just drawn a slight connection between the two games. Slight.
Setael wrote:1064 MBL’s analysis of Thesp’s play. Says “Glued to IH all day, gives very few ongoing specifics. Sticking doggedly to a scumpartner or riding the easy lynch? I'd lean towards the latter.”
How was IH the easy lynch? I see no reason to make the conclusion MBL did here unless he has a reason to defend IH
I've had votes and condorcents on me on and off. You don't think I would, or would've been, an easy lynch?
Setael wrote:1138 IH looks like he’s trying to distance from DP
If DP comes up scum, I will be suspicious of Setael. It seems she's been linking him with people alot. I could possibly be wrong, but I the only name I see more than mine (or quite possibly Thesp) in her posts is DP, and I have a feeling as scum, she'd link a buddy with others.

I suddenly feel alot less confident about a Foolinc lynch of any kind. I'm seeing to many opinions, including mine, leaning towards "why is he still alive?" feels like scum trying to throw a lynch off... of course it could also be a good bussing job as well.... meh, I don't feel he should be the play for the next day or two (or possibly three)

Setael agrees that it's possible LML is part of an SK scum group.

I think it's funny Setael doesn't think it's possible for Gaspar to be scum with me. Gives me a funny feeling.
Setael wrote:1379 scummy. Trying too hard to appear active and pro-Town without actually doing anything
I don't see how a semi place holder post by DP is scummy. I think she's starting to grasp at straws.

Setael keeps wavering on whether Foolinc is town or scum.

BLAH ... I don't like the vibe coming from Setael after looking at those three posts from her. I know someones probably going to ignore this whole post, and just say Omgus, but meh.

I don't even know who else I want to go for at this point, but I think right now it's pretty imporant to do condorcents if we want to get a list with activity slowing down. I feel if we were going to do this, we should have done it at the beginning of the game, with a less solid feel on suspicions. I also feel like it's partially to blame for the lack of solid suspicions amond alot of players.

I do know that I thought that CES was town but... bleh. I just dunno.
These other people in my condorcet are there from half formed hunches, Gut feelings, and memories of stuff.

Vote:Setael
, SBL, DP, Talitha, Sarc

Tags removed. Please use bold tags only for voting and unvoting. - Mod
Silent Lee
Silent Lee
Townie
Silent Lee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:32 pm

Post by Silent Lee »

Gaspar wrote:re: Your most recent predecessor, MBL. I've already explained why I feel his "contributions" feel forced, insincere, or otherwise shady. I trust by now you've read my case against him?
I just read your "case" against me again, and it makes less sense than before my recent absence. In fact, your whole condorcet looks like the product of a random number generator to me. You're not the only person to wrongly find me suspicious, but you're the most strident, and you're misleading people or giving cover to scum who want a safe harbor for their ship.

IH, you just made your monthly "post that reads protown". You have me as your #2 suspect. Otherwise, our condorcets are similar except for Gaspar. Please explain your take on him this game. In my opinion, his attack on me is so mealy-mouthed you couldn't POSSIBLY explain it in a rational sense. And yet you sheep along with him. You found me clean, then pretty much nothing happened, then you moved me to #2. The rest of your suspicions jive to me but wtf on those two.

I know this looks omgus but it's not. I find you two suspect because your "reasoning" for finding me scummy is nonexistent or shoddy, leading me to believe I'm the lynch of least resistance for one or both of you. Prove me wrong so I can move on to looking at something else for a change.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Post by Zindaras »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:when it says put up, i really mean "show up"
Yeah. I had an important test week this week and I've been studying really hard, which is why I didn't post earlier. And now it's more or less over, so I can post more. Again, these posting patterns apply to me around the whole site.

The "See V/LA" isn't in my sig because I'm too lazy to remove it: it still holds, I still have limited access.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Setael »

IH's post did read very townie, especially the vote since it seems unlikely scum would so blatantly OMGUS. I can't help but agree with Silent Lee that "you just made your monthly "post that reads protown"." In fact, IH looked like he
knows
DP is scum when he said:
IH wrote:If DP comes up scum, I will be suspicious of Setael.
What a coincidence, because if DP comes up scum, I will be suspicious of IH. This statement very much felt like he knows DP will come up scum and would then like to somehow get me lynched for it.

In fact, DP's defense post was quite lacking. He pretty much just called my arguments crap and left it at that. I think they're both scum, but I'd like to see what IH does if DP comes up scum.

Unvote, vote: DP
, IH
Silent Lee
Silent Lee
Townie
Silent Lee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Silent Lee »

This is the silent speaker, posting and running.

Talitha's post where she accuses me because Gaspar is attacking me (post 1608) feels widgy to me. It has a damned if you do damned if you don't feel. Her next post she raises foolinc to the top of her list because "why would they want to waste their role-block night after night if they could just kill him?" This seems like she knows there is a roleblocker and wants the town to dismiss it. After all, foolinc
is
an uncountered doc claim, so why push for his lynch now?

Also a lot of the previous Talitha-Pooky inters remind me of Simpsons Mafia, where they were Kang and Kodos.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Gaspar »

Glork here... I know I've complained about the number of "obligatory posting requirement"posts, but I have to make one for now. I *will* read and post serious content on Saturday; I just wasn't sure how much time had passed since my last post, and I wanted to get something in.

Cheers.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by IH »

SBL wrote:IH, you just made your monthly "post that reads protown". You have me as your #2 suspect. Otherwise, our condorcets are similar except for Gaspar. Please explain your take on him this game. In my opinion, his attack on me is so mealy-mouthed you couldn't POSSIBLY explain it in a rational sense. And yet you sheep along with him. You found me clean, then pretty much nothing happened, then you moved me to #2. The rest of your suspicions jive to me but wtf on those two.
Meh, I don't think Gaspar has actually done anything to scummy atm, but I really need to go over some things indepth. Gaspar is kind of pinging my senses in a way where he's... on the edge of suspicions. I probably should add him into my condorcet at the very end. It's closer to a gut feeling with t/him.
You on the other hand, I'd have to do the same thing. From things I remember, there were things I agreed with a game day or two ago, and there were other things I didn't like. When I said half formed feelings, memory of things, and gut, I was most definitely serious.
Seteal wrote:
IH wrote:If DP comes up scum, I will be suspicious of Setael.
What a coincidence, because if DP comes up scum, I will be suspicious of IH. This statement very much felt like he knows DP will come up scum and would then like to somehow get me lynched for it.
Uh I said that because you were linking DP with people. Did I not state that? That's kind of important.
IH's FULL quote wrote:If DP comes up scum, I will be suspicious of Setael. It seems she's been linking him with people alot. I could possibly be wrong, but I the only name I see more than mine (or quite possibly Thesp) in her posts is DP, and I have a feeling as scum, she'd link a buddy with others.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:24 pm

Post by foolinc »

Sarcastro wrote:Interesting fact: Thesp never says
anything
about whether he thinks Zindaras is scum. He mentions Zindaras a few times in passing and asks him a couple questions, but he never actually gives an opinion on him, while keeping him in the middle of his Condorcet list. I don't know if Thesp is likely to act this way towards his partners or what, I just thought it beared mentioning. I should have more posted from my Thesp-read fairly soon.
This is a very interesting point. However, the fact that this is the result of Pooky basically spoon feeding you this information is also very interesting:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Ok sarc, if you don't know what to do, I'll give you an asssignment, I expect this to be done by the next 36 hours.

examine closely Thesp's posts and Thesp's condorcet lists.

analyze them given the information we have right now and come up with some probability spreads for where scum fall in hsi condorcet lists.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:03 pm

You want to do the assignment too foolinc?

you don't seem to be busy with anything at the moment other than tossing around vague suspicions and not really doing much of anything.

Commit to something

Believe Something.

Do Something.

Care about something.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Post by Talitha »

What did people think of foolinc's assertion that Dr D'Vrigny (spelling?) would be on the town's side? No opinions?

I always felt like CES was town and Satael seems town to me as well.

DP I was also pretty confident is town, but I want to revisit his posts and just check my assumption there.

But for the time being I won't be voting or condorceting either of those two.

Zindaras was a completely unattentive townie in a newbie game that finished recently
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

Also, right now, I think Pooks is scum.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

Pooky: Do you think we are in lynch-wrong-lose? If so, what's your reasoning behind that?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:25 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Well, time slips through my fingers without too much time to invest in this game. Should be better later this weekend. Or in other words, another post to avoid elimination. More later, including an updated condorcet.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:00 am

Post by foolinc »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:You want to do the assignment too foolinc?

you don't seem to be busy with anything at the moment other than tossing around vague suspicions and not really doing much of anything.

Commit to something

Believe Something.

Do Something.

Care about something.
Well I was going to vote for you (again) after my post, but I wanted to see your reaction to the point. Now that I've have...

Vote: Pooky
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Updated feelings about the players, upto post 1600 (more later):

Setael: continues to rub me the wrong way with her posts (like 1548), too much insinuation. Likely scum.

Foolinc: I have been wary of him ever since his claim, and his self-admitted screwing up by not protecting someone does not help. However, without anyone counterclaiming doctor (which should be done latest the following playing day), he still gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Sarcastro: post 1550 is highly scummy. Zindaras' action was good, trying to save a claimed masonish role and trying to avoid a no-lynch. Sarcastro is really reaching here. Post 1560 has one of my private scum tells (*sigh*). Post 1587 smells scummy as well.

Talitha: I like the theory of foolinc having been recruited (1553). Even if it is not true, it shows a good attempt trying to explain what happened. I like her as pro-town now.

Gaspar: post 1559 smacks of pro-town; post 1577 makes a good point vs Setael's attitude towrds foolinc.

Zindaras: good defence against Sarcastro (1565), do not like his scepticism vs the Talitha theory here.

TSS (silent Lee): Can't follow his logic re secret words in post 1572. Post 1593 is an attempt to frame Talitha that does not stick.

IH: post 1573: Logisticus killed by a vig? O rly?

Pooky: post 1590 - I could not agree more. I want a nice old fashioned lynch by majority.

Interim assessment in ranking of scumminess (condorcet style):

Sarcastro, Setael, Silent Lee, [IH, Pooky], [Gaspar, Zindaras, Talitha], Foolinc
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:05 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Part 2: 1600-now

Talitha: not quite sure what to make of her sudden change of mind 1608/1609. On the other hand it does not seem like something scum would do. I am not convinced with her assessment that foolinc is the best lead right now - even though as I said before I do not blindly believe his claim.

Gaspar: I like 1611 as pro-town.

Sarcastro: post 1616 is not helping, and looks scummy. So is his following Pooky's lead immediately re Zindaras.

Pooky: the Sarcastro interaction in post 1617 is... well, weird. Don't like post 1622, and that has nothing to do with me being mentioned as possible scum. There is no reasoning whatsoever presented behind the names he puts down. Scummy vibes.

IH: post 1632 is too long for my taste, but still basically helpful.

Silent Lee: I like the combo so far better than the separate players.. :)

With that, my current condorcet is:

Vote Sarcastro
, Setael, Pooky, [IH, Silent Lee], [Gaspar, Zindaras, Talitha], Foolinc
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Sarcastro »

I don't blame you, DP. I'd probably find me scummy, too.

For the record, though, I didn't make post 1560. Did you mean post 1567? And I really don't see what you don't like about post 1616. How exactly is frustration scummy? I could be frustrated as scum, I suppose, but that wouldn't prove anything. Do you think I was faking it and I just wanted someone to tell me what to do because I'm too lazy as scum? I'm not really sure what you're going for here.

And I just realised that I never posted the results of my Thespvestigation. I'll do that in a minute.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Post 1560 is correct, but it goes against Setael, not Sacastro (Cadmium/Corsato all over again). My mistake, apologies. Post 1616 sounds faked. For the time being, my mistake does not give me reason to change my vote or condorcet though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”