Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Dierfire »

D3 has ended.

Hoopla (Vanilla Town)
was lynched.

N3 begins now. Players wishing to submit actions must do so before the deadline.
Any outstanding prods must be answered by PM. If replacements are needed, the deadline will be extended.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-08-13 22:00:00)
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Dierfire »

N3 has ended.

Grendel (Town 1-Shot Vigilante)
was found dead.

D4 begins now.

VOTE COUNT 4.00

No Vote (6): Elyse, MathBlade, Wingback, BBmolla, Killthestory, Egg

With 6 players living, a lynch requires 4/6 votes.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-08-24 22:00:00)

NOTES

None
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Egg »

Vote no lynch
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Are we in MyLo or LyLo?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Wingback »

I don't think that's wise.

Read the game overnight and I'm ready to admit I was wrong on Egg based on the Hoopla flip as well as a bunch of other things that came to me while I was reading overnight. I'll explain this in detail in a little while. The Tl;dr of it is that I'm pretty sure
Mathblade and Elyse
are scum.

The reason I don't want to no lynch is I don't entirely trust whoever is town is vote Elyse in Lylo. For whatever reason she's getting townread and I don't want this to turn into a 3P with Elyse and two townies without the luxury of more players giving their input.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1428, Killthestory wrote:Are we in MyLo or LyLo?
Most likely, yeah
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Wingback »

Okay, so here's the thing:

Mathblade's end-of-day posting has me convinced that there is no way she's town. Now with that mind, I re-read the entire game. Egg showing up when Blankface was at L-2, voting VEDITH who had two votes and asking everyone what the case was on blankface makes zero sense as a partner. I've read enough of his games now to know that he wouldn't be so blatant or allow himself to be caught out so easily.

Elyse on the other hand makes perfect sense as a Mathblade partner. She had Blankface as a backpocket read but always preferred to push Hoopla. Hoopla and Elyse also had this odd interaction where they accuse each other of being partnered with Mathblade but Elyse's number one push has always been Hoopla. Elyse's argument that Hoopla voted Blankface D1 but didn't actually want him lynched and was distancing smacks of an informed perspective (knowing Blankface was scum) because why would Hoopla risk a wagon on her partner so late when a mislynch was assured?

This is confirmed when Mathblade replaces in and makes the most ABSURD argument that the scumteam is Elyse and Hoopla. So, she's playing the same game Elyse is tying her partner to a townie. Both have insisted that the other is scum with Hoopla while pushing Hoopla which is absolutely hilarious. Besides read through Mathblade's logic on why she voted Hoopla over Elyse and it makes no sense at all.

Then there's Elyse's post to me when I made the case on Egg in . That was actually my first gut-ping with Elyse. She seemed a bit too pleasant and receptive to my Egg scumread where as the last game I played with her, her interactions with me amounted to "I'm not reading your posts, die scum." Her characterization of my game being spectacular also reeked of trying to manipulate me into voting Hoopla. There is no way she should have been reading my play as "spectacular" given I was derailed the lynch on her biggest scumread. Her read on me also makes no sense since she was scumreading my slot earlier but then started talking about how my read on Hoopla was "off."

After seeing Hoopla's flip and Math's reaction to it, it all falls into place really well. Anyways, I want to lynch Elyse or Mathblade today and the other tomorrow.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Wingback »

Anyways, thoughts on the above would be very much appreciated Egg, KTS, BBMolla.

I'm going to try and do everything I can to make sure we don't wind up in LYLO where one derp-town misvoting could end us the game.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Egg »

I dunno. I could see either of them as scum but I'm not as convinced as you are that they are partners.

For example, why can't it be mathblade/bbmolla. math went hard after a hoopla/elyse team which is weird enough. But math could be scum trying to throw shade on elyse and get hoopla lynched and they seemed to write off bbmolla for no reason.

I also came around to Blankface being town later on so I'm not confident jumping right to mathblade being scum.

The only read I'm confident in is killthestory being town because I've played with House enough to know that he was obvtown.

I'm not even sure who I want to lynch and no lynching would be standard play here anyway.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Wingback »

The reason I don't want to no lynch is that scum get to remove an additional townie from the game. At this point, I really don't want to risk someone quickvoting and with KTS in the game, I honestly don't trust that he won't quickvote on a whim given his play so far. I don't want to place the game in the control of each individual townie but rather force consensus for every lynch. If you are not sure, who to lynch, I'd rather we discuss that now and then lynch.

The reason I'm confident it's not Mathblade/BBMolla is that Mathblade is incredibly obvious about who their scumpartners are. In Mini 1800, Mathblade killed me N1 because she was afraid that my research into their meta would help me figure out their alignment as well as her partners. Her posts in the scum PT (post 182, post 183, post 188 post 190, post 195, post 199, post 200) all show this.

Mathblade's townread on BBMolla doesn't make sense in the slightest as partner to partner interactions. For one, players who are natural bussers as scum find it a bit difficult to move into strongly townreading their partners the way Mathblade did. Secondly, the way she offered zero good reasons but had a high-confidence read based on nearly nothing fits very well into how Mathblade treats townies when they are town. See Mathblade's ISO in the game I'm talking about (Mini 1800) and Ctrl+F "johnny" who was the day one lynch and see Mathblade's comments on him. They continually defend him with no reasoning, just insisting that he was town. At one point, I felt like Mathblade was scum who knew that Johnny was town. I got the exact same feeling when Mathblade was defending BBMolla.

Obviously, there's going to be the argument of Mathblade manipulating her meta to trick me. The response to that is a) What I said above about players who bus. They tend to have an innate phobia of strongly townreading their partners because of how bad it might make them look, and b) The things I noticed about Mathblade are not behaviors that you can change on a whim.

Math/Elyse not only makes sense with Math's general meta, it fits with the general scum tactic of tying buddies to a townie. Both Mathblade and Elyse said that the other was scum with Hoopla but only wanted to lynch Hoopla. See Math's and all the quotes inside it. She says she doesn't see a world where Hoopla is scum and Elyse is town. Meaning if Hoopla is scum, Elyse HAS to be. By that logic, she should be voting Elyse. She doesn't. She's set on Hoopla.

On Elyse's side, I see as early distancing/tying Hoopla to Blankface. "No actual intent on getting Blankface lynched" is the type of subtle setting-up language I see as more likely to come from scum. Saying that the point I made about you (Egg) voting Vedith over Blankface was a decent point if Blankface is scum is another subtle slip-up where I could see her setting up to turn on you after Blankface's flip (). The thing is, what I pointed out about you voting Vedith over Blankface is one of the reasons I think you are town now given how obvious it is that Math is scum. In fact, that entire post reads as "you are making some decent points about Egg but I'm not completely sold, convince me."

When it dawned on me that Mathblade/Elyse was the most likely team, the way I saw the game playing out was scum kill Grendel (they did) -> we lynch Mathblade -> scum kill BBMolla -> we no lynch since we're in 4P mylo -> scum kill KTS. That sets up an Elyse/Wingback/Egg LYLO with me and you going after each other and Elyse being the "undecided" trying to see both sides of our argument. Once we give in and vote, she'd hammer. Anyways, that was my prediction and is a large reason I started fighting so hard against no lynching earlier today. It was that post by Elyse that gave me a good idea what to expect. You really should read that post and notice how she treats my scumread on you. I also played with Elyse before and can say with conviction that she's not this receptive to discussing my reads nor does she have the "I-see-where-you-are-coming-from-but-not-totally-sold-give-me-more" vibe.

BBMolla was actually dead-on when he said it was Elyse/Blankface. I didn't take him seriously at the time because there were so many other avenues I hadn't explored yet and wasn't close to having any answers. I also think Elyse's "Hoopla is scum for casting doubt on Molla" is a transparent attempt to get BBMolla on her side. I don't see her being bold enough to make that statement about a partner and it would serve no purpose. I don't think she's a bad town player who was unable to see that BBMolla wasn't confirmed and that Hoopla made the right call.

Elyse digging her heels in for a Hoopla lynch over Mathblade confirms what I thought. While it isn't individually scummy to want to lynch their top scumread as opposed to their second scumread when given the choice, it's more the fact that she
had
Hoopla at the top and Blankface as a backup. She was scumreading Blankface all the way from D1 but always found a way to lynch others (Vedith and Hoopla) over his slot. When Hoopla claimed VT, her interaction with you was to shut down Hoopla's claim as not meaning anything (, , ). She gives herself an out "confbiasing" but it's notable how she resists going after the guy she's been pushing since D1.

Some of this is circumstantial but we're both agreed it's not KTS, and BBMolla doesn't make sense as scum with either Elyse or Mathblade. The two of them together make a ton of sense given their slot's play and positions in the game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Too many words. Will read tomorrow. Just be careful as this is probably mylo with 6 players.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Post by Killthestory »

I'm going to solve this game soon.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

Too long didn't read version of Wingback's posts:

They decided I am scum yesterday after I posted in a hurry.
Based off that flawed assumption they then try to pick my partner.
Then they don't actually post anything scummy I have done but stuff that fits their dumb little world.
Then they go on and say this is my 1800 meta to try to paint me as scum when they specifically said earlier it didn't apply.

So still two of Wingback/Egg/KTS and Wingback's paranoid ravings do nothing to help their cause. Especially since the whole "It's MathBlade and Egg" thing yesterday.

I think advocating for a no lynch at the start of the day is pretty good actually. The next lynch has to hit scum. Why not make it to where scum have to plan far in advance as to what should happen and make proper kills now than wait? Wingback is probably trying to be the "bad scum" and Egg with common sense to try to balance out Wingback.

That being said I would want Wingback or Egg or no lynch. I gotta go to work and won't be beck until really late tonight or tomorrow.

And here's another hint: It doesn't. 1800 was marked with trying to get people to do things. It was manipulation through anger.

Here the only thing I do is freaking explain.

Furthermore let's look
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Elyse »

Ok I kinda skimmed but mostly read that.

Couple things:

1. You can't judge my alignment based on one game of experience with me. That's just fucking bullshit. I was scumreading your slot in that game and your posts were extremely scummy to me. I was saying "shut up, die scum" because I didn't want you to actually influence town and weasel your way out of a lynch. Here I think you're probably town (ngl this has tripped me up a bit seeing as your last ditch "Elyse can we lynch MathBlade instead" looks extremely manipulative and tries to paint me in a bad light because you know Hoopla was my main scumread forever and I wouldn't flip - if you're scum with Math that was an excellent move) so I'm gonna be more receptive about what you have to say.

2. The "spectacular" comment was literally because this game was deceased, dead, in the ground, and you came in and posted novels and brought it back. That's it. And if I was scum and you were town and you were getting it right, I would be pissed. I wouldn't compliment you.

3. You say I was too receptive to your Egg scumread. Ummmmm???? I refuse to vote for him. Like idk what this argument even is. I listened to you and debates with you on a bunch of points but I've never really faltered with that townread. It's not like I pulled a Hoopla and started casting doubt on Egg. Just because I didn't put my fingers in my ears and yell doesn't mean I was agreeing with you.

4. The thing is - I'm very confident Math is scum. Yesterday they mixed up their reads by saying "hiplop" (Hoopla) and I were scum together or something. I have to go back and check cause I don't remember exactly. It reeks as fake reads they couldn't keep track of. But do you think they'd fuck up how they were pretending to read their own scumbuddy? I don't. I think Math knows he fucked up and the only option left is to bus and have Math take someone down with him. (The fact that you are willing to lynch me today is ridiculous btw) I'm coming around to you as his scumbuddy because this all seems very pre planned. You asking me to switch to Math when it wouldn't happen, Math tying me to Hoopla, you doing a complete 180 and saying you're willing to lynch me today when Math basically scum slipped. It seems awfully suspicious.

5. You say I always left Blank as a secondary scumread to Hoopla. This is correct. Me, Egg, and Grendel who is dead town all had Hoopla as our top scumread. The thing is though that once she was lynched, what was I going to do? Suddenly start scumreading someone else? Math is coming next anyway. So you can't argue me as scum for having Math as a secondary scumread because it makes sense for me to do as either alignment.

I'd rather vote Math than no lynch at this point tbh
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Wingback »

@Mathblade;
re: , This entire post reads as if you can't keep your story straight between discrediting me and calling me scum. I never said Mini 1800 meta doesn't apply. I said it was unlikely you were bussing Hoopla. Your posts with regards to Elyse actually do fit in with what you would do as scum, being adamant about lynching Hoopla but claiming Elyse as a second scumread. Calling my posts "dumb little world" and "paranoid ravings" doesn't track with saying I'm scum.

@Elyse;
re: ,
1) You actually claimed to have been scumreading my slot here too given you said that either me or Mathblade were Hoopla's partner. When did this change?

2) If you are scum with Mathblade, then I wasn't getting it right given I was pushing Egg mostly so I don't see why you would have been pissed as scum. Even if you were pissed at me defending Hoopla, you are acting like if you were scum, you would have shown that rather than try to buddy me and get me to vote Hoopla. If you were so confident in your Hoopla scumread, it makes more sense to have viewed my defense as an annoyance rather than bringing a dead game back to life. I certainly don't care for someone's activity level if their primary contribution is to derail what I'm doing.

3) Hoopla was town so "not pulling a Hoopla" isn't exactly a point in your favor. I have a lot of trouble seeing BBMolla as scum with Mathblade and KTS leans decently town as well. The fact that you refuse to vote Egg reads more like you are buddying him than town with an incorrect townread. Besides, comparitively, based on interactions with Mathblade, you come off worse than Egg.

4) This point is a stretch. If Math is scum making up reads with holes in them, then there are inconsistencies in those reads regardless of whether it's talking about a partner or a townie. Math tying you to Hoopla only makes sense from an Elyse-town POV if Math and Hoopla are both scum. Since Hoopla flipped town, I'm guessing their tying you to Hoopla was because you and Math are scum. Math explicitly said that you and Hoopla are the same alignment and today, Math has excluded you from the lynch list. That doesn't seem like they are tying you to Hoopla. It seems like they are tying Hoopla to you so in case you flip, they can lynch Hoopla, and in case Hoopla flips, they don't have to push you. I don't think Math "scum-slipped" in the manner you said although I'm perfectly willing to lynch either of you today.

5) When Hoopla flipped town, who was your pick for a scumteam and why? How did the townflip affect your reads on Egg, KTS, BBMolla, and me before you saw me push you today. In other words, what were your reads during the night and how were you re-assessing?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:15 am

Post by BBmolla »

yeah elyse is scum lmao
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Killthestory »

So basically this game is Elyse+Mathblade vs. BBmolla+Wingback, and I'm the deciding vote.

Cool.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 1441, Killthestory wrote:So basically this game is Elyse+Mathblade vs. BBmolla+Wingback, and I'm the deciding vote.

Cool.
Nah.

I think Math is scum and BB is town.

Will respond to Wingback later when I have time
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Killthestory »

So either Math is being bussed, or he's town.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Elyse »

Or he's scum with you or Egg.

Which I find unlikely. Well with Egg at least.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Killthestory »

So now you're accusing me of being scum?

Also, I forgot Egg was part of this game.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:45 am

Post by Elyse »

Well I wasn't previously. I thought it was Hoopla/MathBlade.

So now I have to look elsewhere. Wingback makes sense because like I said his maneuvers seem almost planned at this point. Egg I've been townreading strongly based on his content. You and BB have kind of floated by. But now that Hoopla flipped town that means her townread on BB is legit so she wasn't keeping him as a pocket townread.

So yeah it's possible but unlikely you're scum. And I know I'm gonna get flak for "keeping my options open" but I was wrong on my strongest townread so I've had to reevaluate.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:48 am

Post by Killthestory »

VOTE: Elyse

Not even mad if we lose.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Wingback »

Except you are not actually re-evaluating anything. You are just omgus'ing me and bussing Math. You haven't actually considered any of Egg's posts or tried to read him. "Townreading strongly based on his content" is one of those ridiculously vague things scum say when they need to townread a town player. Bottomline, I think your sole reason for townreading Egg is because he for the most part was townreading you only bringing up the possibility that you are scum today, and even now, not very much. The only significant reason you gave me yesterday for townreading Egg was that he was pushing Hoopla and that if you are wrong there, you need to re-evaluate. I'm guessing that's setting up for Egg and I to go after each other. But now that I turned on you, you basically have no option but to push back on me and forget that Egg re-evaluation entirely. I also think you ignoring Hoopla's departing post where she tells you to get it together and that she supports me on Egg/Mathblade is a minor scumtell.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Wingback »

Was about to vote now that everyone's checked in but I'll wait for Elyse's response so I can reconsider one last time before putting the game on the line.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”