curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:58 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well you also said,
Shteven wrote:.... "Bump" doesn't give much to reply to; and some players are afraid their post will stand out......

....Bump certainly isn't scummy, but it's also not scum hunting, something Sammich hasn't made any serious effort to do. .....
who is really making something turn 180 degrees?

all I aksed was is someone making a big deal out of it?

keep stretching.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Shteven »

I'm not making a big deal out of the bump. I am about how he's simply not scum hunting. The bump itself is meaningless; the fact that he is here, posting, and
not looking for scum or advancing the game
is what I called him on. You are trying to defeat a straw man.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I actually think the bumping is doing us a favor; moreover I think people's reactions to its scuminess or normalcy. A few of you are jumpy, aren't you?
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:52 pm

Post by Oman »

CKD is jumpy but its fair as Shteven is making a big deal out of the bump.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Sammich »

Well, good to see the bump generated discussion.
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]
Back, yep
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:44 am

Post by JordanA24 »

I think that while Shteven might have overanalysed the bump post a bit, I agree with the sentiment of the post, and that Sammich should scumhunt more, and form some opinions. Though to be fair to him, there wasn't too many posts between his bump post and the one before that.

What I find very interesting however is why neither of these posts were analysed more:
TylerJ wrote:wow, I find it hard to contribute when no one else is contributing. I would post something worth posting if I actually had something to go off of.
Oman wrote:Back.

Bump.
Oman's was nearly exactly the same as Sammich's, and Tyler's said he had nothing to contribute, despite Shteven's post on bumping just above potentially providing something to comment on. I get the feeling that Sammich's post was picked on and those two ignored because Sammich has the bandwagon on him, which is something the town shouldn't do, otherwise it may be very difficult for the person who's at the centre of the bandwagon to get out of it, scum or not, because the town is focusing entirely on them, and ignoring other players.

I don't think LaptopGun is too scummy, and the fact he's not posting too many of his own opinions is more of a playstyle thing. But I do advise him to try and post more opinions. Don't be afraid of being wrong.
ooba wrote:
Shteven wrote:First time I've ever seen bump posted to a game of mafia here.
Really? This is the fifth one i'm seeing in 3 games ..
Well the game is stagnating a bit and Sammich isn't helping the discussion or being productive - I'm ok with lynching him to move the game along ..

Vote : Sammich
Lynching to move the game along = Classic scum excuse to wagon.
IGMEOY

curiouskarmadog wrote:I still feel Shteven is the way to go..

also, I have seen and provided quite a few bumps..not a big deal, is somebody making it a big deal?
I'm not really buying your reasoning against Shteven, I felt his reasons for voting Sammich were decent, and certainly not opportunistic. Nor do I think him pointing out lurkers is deflecting, and that point seems to revolve around Sammich being scum with him, so I take it you find Sammich scummy as well. I think making points against players based on the alignment of others before that alignment is proven is less than convincing. Though I do agree with your latest point against him, where he contradicted himself.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:52 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Oman wrote:Back.

Bump.
Me too, I'm going to jump back in time for a moment and comment on a few older posts...
CKD wrote:If he was mafia, why would be be signalling, when he could simply keep his mouth just, talk about it at night, and then NK you....
Because getting a Doc lynched means the Mafia don't have to waste a Nightkill themselves...
OpposedForce wrote:I disagree with this. A person would know his own alignment on hand once he gets the mod's pm.
So by posting "Super Sexy Town" it would pretty much be claiming any of the roles on the town side. Whether it's cop,doctor,vigilante, or townie saying to everybody he is town means he is claming pro-town. [1]
Techincally I can see where this wouldn't actually be a actual role claim but an alignment claim.
Also I'm not sure what you meant with your post "Everyone here is town, right?" Do you mean that most likely everybody here would claim pro-town? [2]
[1] What's your point? I still don't see how claiming that you are town aligned provides any form of content whatsoever.
[2] Again, what's your point? Are you trying to put forward that some players
wouldn't
claim pro-town?
I'm really not too sure what 290 is trying to say. I could be missing something major here, but could someone care to explain?
Oman wrote:Keffed.
<3
Aimee wrote:I'd also be happy with somestrangeflea too.
Please go away.
Aimee wrote:No access until Monday.
Thank you. ;)

Also, Jordan's last post gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I have no idea why, but that fact is 100% relevant and
will decide whether or not we win the game
maybe.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Ok. I think one of the bandwagons we dealt with was either started by or faned by the mafia, perhaps in an attempt to protect one of their own from getting lynched. Oman was clearly the trendy pick, and indeed his behavior certainly didn't help things. I amit I wnet along with that as I stil dont know if he's townie. Samich may or may not be clean cut but people do seem to be exaggerating how bad his post was. Yeah it was bad and devoid of new content. Im just getting kind of sick of this anti-Sammich vibe.

If I had to take a guess, TylerJ, Sammich and Oman are my top suspects. Oman ihas been talked about ad nauseum. Yes the mafia could have been exaggerating how bad Oman has been, but I have not been getting one of those so-called "warm and fuzzy" feelings about Oman. Tyler has been jumping around to try to get people to vote for someone. I think I said this before, but I just keep getting a "here's the evidence no you make the case so you are responsible for He was particuarly vocal when it came to Oman and has never seemed to be courteous. By the same token, I have issues with Sammich. I keep changving my mind on this one, but Tyle has a consitent string of this thinking.
FOS TylerJ

Oh and an update to my previous tunnel vision, SSF has been acting just fine in the past couple pages. I get a town vibe out of him.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Just a clarification. I find Sammich suspicious. I just have issues with just the tidal wave of hatred for the guy- granted this could ahve something to do with teh fact we really havent had much else to talk about and/or his biggest detractors have been the only ones who have stuck around for this game.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Oman »

Fleaboy wrote:Because getting a Doc lynched means the Mafia don't have to waste a Nightkill themselves...
Yeah, towns often lynch someone that is thought to be a doc. :roll:
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Shteven »

curiouskarmadog wrote:LML, has a point, why do you care...anyone can meta and see it..your reactions do seem odd if you are town. Why didnt you PM the mod or MeMe?

LML, why do you think Oman will be lynched? because of his reaction or the actual reference.
Was rereading some older pages, and this struck me as odd. From page 7, CKD asks LML why he thinks Oman will be lynched. You already assumed the lynch was certain? Obviously it's died down now, but back then he had a decent wagon. This was after the referencing ongoing games problem, and people talking about metaing Oman.

The certainity, and the apparent teamwork, bother me quite a bit.

FOS: CKD

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:30 am

Shteven wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:LML, has a point, why do you care...anyone can meta and see it..your reactions do seem odd if you are town. Why didnt you PM the mod or MeMe?

LML, why do you think Oman will be lynched? because of his reaction or the actual reference.
Was rereading some older pages, and this struck me as odd. From page 7, CKD asks LML why he thinks Oman will be lynched. You already assumed the lynch was certain? Obviously it's died down now, but back then he had a decent wagon. This was after the referencing ongoing games problem, and people talking about metaing Oman.

The certainity, and the apparent teamwork, bother me quite a bit.

FOS: CKD
LOL, keep stretching shteven…your OMGUS behavior is quite apparent. Now you are purposely misquoting me and taking posts out of context (SCUMMY). Where did I say I thought the lynch was certain? I asked LML why Oman will be lynched because he posted the following..
LoudmouthLee wrote:
Oman wrote:Okay fine, but I refuse to have them used in argument against anyone, ongoing games are ongoing, and they should stay out of other ongoing games.
Here's what bothers me, Oman.

#1) This, in my opinion, casts a much darker shadow on AlyG than you. However, your incredible amounts of "defensiveness" makes me a little bit concerned.

I feel like you're going through a "I'm scum, and I shouldn't be lynched over something like this!"

I feel a town alligned player would have just waited for the mod to come and fix it, rather than an outcry for having it removed. I am not prepared to vote you on it, as it's unfortunate.
However, you will probably be lynched over it.

If I were mod, I would modkill AlyG, but that's just me. Your reactions to the whole ordeal makes for interesting banter.

Major FoS: Oman
Notice the bold statement? Now, between the interchange, who here actual assumed Oman would be lynched, me or LML? I asked LML why HE thought Oman was going to be lynched. Where did I assume Oman would be lynched...

Confirm vote shteven
keep at it scum.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Shteven »

Time for Shteven's official "Posts that slipped between the cracks and deserve more discussion" roundup post!
Oman wrote:
Shteven wrote:everyone wants to survive.
I have no particular need to survive. Serioiusly, if I die, I don't care, as long as I've helped the town to catch scum.
I believe this would count as an appeal to emotion. It's also not optimal for a townie to play this way, in my opinion. But there are those who would disagree, and I can't fault everyone for that.

I happen to like viewtopic.php?p=794268#794268, specifically the LTG parts.

A question specifically for LML, if he's still around: Do you still believe in viewtopic.php?p=797717#797717 strongly? Have you seen anything else to rival this, or is Aimee/SSF the play for today?

SSF: why haven't you responded to LML's claims?

Aimee didn't respond until after the Sammich wagon started, and then added her vote to the Sammich wagon. It gives the appearance of trying to sweep the attacks on her under the much larger rug that Sammich's wagon affords.
TylerJ, post 303, re: Sammich wrote:Pointing out someone as Doc is scummy hands down. Unfortunately, it is so hands down that you wouldn't do it. So we reach Wifom.
I feel you should not eliminate the obvious blunders, sometimes people make really bad moves. If it was an innocent mistake, I feel Sammich would have claimed that by now. That he won't even defend it makes me feel it was in fact a scum tell.

P.S. How do I name hyperlinks so it doesn't show the entire URL?

Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Shteven »

I posted my roundup at the same time as CKD's, so I hope people can see I was trying to legitimately go and find things that needed attention in the thread.

That said, I missed LML being the one who orginally claimed the Oman lynch was incoming. And he said probably, making it more reasonable. Since I missed that, I misread CKD's followup, which was perfectly reasonable. I am sorry about that.

UNFOS: CKD
If "unfos" is even possible ;)

The people I find suspicious at the moment are:

Sammich
Oman
Aimee
SSF
LML

I'd like to hear more from the last 3, of course.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:43 am

Shteven wrote:
I posted my roundup at the same time as CKD's, so I hope people can see I was trying to legitimately go and find things that needed attention in the thread.

That said, I missed LML being the one who orginally claimed the Oman lynch was incoming. And he said probably, making it more reasonable. Since I missed that, I misread CKD's followup, which was perfectly reasonable. I am sorry about that.

UNFOS: CKD
If "unfos" is even possible ;)

The people I find suspicious at the moment are:

Sammich
Oman
Aimee
SSF
LML

I'd like to hear more from the last 3, of course.
well if I got a "major FOS" for "assuming", why are you not asking LML the exact same questions you asked me and giving him a "major fos" for assuming?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:02 pm

Oman wrote:
Fleaboy wrote:Because getting a Doc lynched means the Mafia don't have to waste a Nightkill themselves...
Yeah, towns often lynch someone that is thought to be a doc. :roll:
That's right, they don't, but who said the town as a whole thinks he's a Doc..?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:06 pm

Shteven wrote:SSF: why haven't you responded to LML's claims?
Well how can I? His claims were based on the actions of Aimee.
Shteven wrote:P.S. How do I name hyperlinks so it doesn't show the entire URL?
Instead of

Code: Select all

[url]http://www.BLAHBLAH.com[/url]

use:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.BLAHBLAH.com]Linky[/url]

I think...
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by TylerJ »

I'm not making a big deal out of the bump. I am about how he's simply not scum hunting.
qft.

@Jordan: were you saying that my post was scummy or that it needed to be analyzed? Just curious.
Tyler has been jumping around to try to get people to vote for someone. I think I said this before, but I just keep getting a "here's the evidence no you make the case so you are responsible for He was particuarly vocal when it came to Oman and has never seemed to be courteous. By the same token, I have issues with Sammich. I keep changving my mind on this one, but Tyle has a consitent string of this thinking. FOS TylerJ
I just go for whoever I think is scum, sometimes it changes often, somtimes rarely. Sometimes I'm absolutely sure and more dogmatic, sometimes I have only a little inclination, in wich case I don't vote. I know that a lot can be excused with "it's my playstyle", but I still say it. I also noticed that you said I wasn't curteous. I apologize for being harsh and stuff, I don't like being rude. Unfortunately I let myself get carried away.

Sorry if I am not that active. I just don't like being on the computer as much as had earlier in the game.
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am

Post by Oman »

Rawr.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:49 am

Post by JordanA24 »

TylerJ wrote:@Jordan: were you saying that my post was scummy or that it needed to be analyzed? Just curious.
I was curious it wasn't analysed like Sammich's was, since it was essentially the same.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:16 am

Post by TylerJ »

I was curious it wasn't analysed like Sammich's was, since it was essentially the same.
Okay, I was wondering if I should try to defend or something. Of course I don't know how it would be scummy, so that would be hard to do. But I agree, that post was completely ignored.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:24 am

Post by LaptopGun »

I didn't find the post scummy. I thought it was a mildly curious point that didn't get addressed perhaps as much as it should have been (like a lot of things in this game) but I dont see it as a bit of concern. Tyler has done some other things which are more noteworthy. He has also taken pains to address my concerns and I find they are reasonable. Let me say I still stand by what I said, but Tyler is trying to help keep this game going. That does say something to me and it's generally good. His exact motive of course isn't clear but thats why the game is divided into sides (town, mafia, other antitown). We all get carried away some times and say things we regret. Sometimes they are simple "heat of the moment" we regret afterwards. Of course by the same token these could be scumtells. I still think Tyler is suspicious, but I also feel he is trying to be sincere. Again whether that's in the town's best interests remain to be seen.

That's how I see Tyler. Someone acting to keep the game going (probably good) for unknown motive (good? bad? ugly?).
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by TylerJ »

I still think Tyler is suspicious, but I also feel he is trying to be sincere. Again whether that's in the town's best interests remain to be seen.
:D
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Sammich »

Sorry guys, I know I gotta post more.
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]