Newbie 1732 [Game Over!]: InnocentVille

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Chrimi »

Please find something game related to talk about or I'll be forced to replace out, as I'm getting extremely tired of this behavior.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:54 am

Post by thenewearth »

Chrimi there's something called "Ignoring the post" though

Plus a wise man once told me on some distant game ago

"You don't have to reply every time on shitty stuff, it just clumps the game up"
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 226, thenewearth wrote:Chrimi there's something called "Ignoring the post" though

Plus a wise man once told me on some distant game ago

"You don't have to reply every time on shitty stuff, it just clumps the game up"
If this weren't a newbie, I would ignore him. Seeing as this is a newbie, I feel as an SE I shouldn't ignore newer players, rather I should correct them.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:17 am

Post by thenewearth »

Fair enough

But either

0x40 should adjust and realize how its a mistake

Or

You outright ignoring it

The latter is probably the better
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:29 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 225, Chrimi wrote:Please find something game related to talk about or I'll be forced to replace out, as I'm getting extremely tired of this behavior.
Replacing out is probably the most pro-town thing you could possibly do in this game. Because you're in an SE slot, there's a good chance that the player replacing you won't be a VI.
Jibs
Jibs
Townie
Jibs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Jibs »

Hello 0x!

Can you explain this post?

I just can't get my head around what town!0x40 is thinking here.

You seem fairly convinced that you've caught scum. There are four people voting/scumreading you for it, you think three of them are town, and you just... don't care? Like why aren't you calling me/imp/rocnix stupid? Both the tone and content of this post is scum indicative for me, and I'm not moving my vote.

I don't think this game will progress if you continue your push on Chrimi. Chrimi might get lynched today--I'm null reading her and it feels like other players may be as well. But your push can only result in you getting lynched. Even if you are 100% certain Chrimi is scum, you need to talk about the rest of the game. Town will not lynch Chrimi before you've given a read on the broader situation.
Jibs
Jibs
Townie
Jibs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:07 am

Post by Jibs »

Hello Chrimi.
In post 225, Chrimi wrote:Please find something game related to talk about or I'll be forced to replace out, as I'm getting extremely tired of this behavior.
I've enjoyed playing with you, and I hope you don't replace out.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 231, Jibs wrote:Hello Chrimi.
I've enjoyed playing with you, and I hope you don't replace out.
Thanks, and I probably won't.

I'm known for letting my frustration get to me though. I'm surprised they went through my meta and didn't figure that out :L
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:21 am

Post by 0x40 »

Jibs, could you explain how you got the impression that I am "100% scum?" I don't believe I've ever mentioned how likely it think it is that she's scum. Also, why are you encouraging her to stay? This is extremely anti-town in my opinion, because getting this selfvoting scumclaiming althiding VI upgraded to what could potentially be a non-VI playe would be the best thing to happen to town this game by far. Please retract your statement on hoping she doesn't replace out. As town you should be hoping for the exact opposite.
Jibs
Jibs
Townie
Jibs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Jibs »

Hello 0x40.
0x40 wrote:Jibs, could you explain how you got the impression that I am "100% scum?" I don't believe I've ever mentioned how likely it think it is that she's scum.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying here but I think you misread my post. I agree that you have never given a likelihood for Chrimi being scum.
0x40 wrote:Also, why are you encouraging her to stay? This is extremely anti-town in my opinion, because getting this selfvoting scumclaiming althiding VI upgraded to what could potentially be a non-VI playe would be the best thing to happen to town this game by far. Please retract your statement on hoping she doesn't replace out. As town you should be hoping for the exact opposite.
Chrimi is hard to get a read on, but I think it would be even harder to read a replacement. She is starting to post reads/make cases, and I think that will make her alignment clear as the game goes on.

To be honest, it feels like you are playing a role here. Like you are trying to imitate an enraged townie rather than actually being an enraged townie. My scumread on you is genuine, lets call it 37% scum. I don't see that going down unless you post about the rest of the game. I apologize if my tone makes it seem like I want you to chat with me--that's not my intention. If you want me to vote for Chrimi, or anybody that isn't you, you need to post reads on the other players in the game. I should be back on in 20 hours or so.

Take care guys.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Chrimi »

Wishing for someone to replace out because they don't want to give you the usernames to their alts?

Jesus Christ...
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:13 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 234, Jibs wrote:I'm not quite sure what you are saying here but I think you misread my post. I agree that you have never given a likelihood for Chrimi being scum.
Sorry, I believe I mistyped that. You seem to think that I am "100% certain Chrimi is scum," which is far from the case here. What makes you think that I am that convinced of having caught scum?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:46 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 234, Jibs wrote:Chrimi is hard to get a read on, but I think it would be even harder to read a replacement. She is starting to post reads/make cases, and I think that will make her alignment clear as the game goes on.

To be honest, it feels like you are playing a role here. Like you are trying to imitate an enraged townie rather than actually being an enraged townie. My scumread on you is genuine, lets call it 37% scum. I don't see that going down unless you post about the rest of the game. I apologize if my tone makes it seem like I want you to chat with me--that's not my intention. If you want me to vote for Chrimi, or anybody that isn't you, you need to post reads on the other players in the game. I should be back on in 20 hours or so.
I don't really see how a replacement would be any harder to read than Chrimi. In my experience, a VI is often much harder to read, because everything they do that would normally be a scumtell can often also be explained by them just being a VI doing VI-y stuff.
Not sure what you mean by "playing a role." Could you elaborate on that? I'm not enraged, just a tad annoyed by the fact that someone that I have a slight townread on can't see the value in getting Chrimi replaced, and has a huge scumread on me for reasons that don't make much sense in my opinion.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:52 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Hey everyone, just a quick reminder of this:
In post 1, innocentvillager wrote:Please keep the game civil and avoid personal attacks. Use of homophobic, racist, sexist, or any other derogatory slurs will not be tolerated. Remember to attack the argument, not the person. Mafia is a game of argument, but the argument should always be about the game content. I will warn you if you do something like this the first time, and subject to my discretion after that I may have you force-replaced or modkilled if necessary.
Now, while what has transpired so far hasn't been that bad yet, I just want to put this out there before things do get bad. Please make sure to check your own posts each time to make sure they do not fall under this category. Thanks.
Rocnix
Rocnix
Townie
Rocnix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Rocnix »

In post 193, AstralFlare wrote:Rocnix:
Jibs doesn't strike me as the sort of mastermind to start that early, so that's probably not a breadcrumb for eventual post-flip association whatever. So, the thoughtful posts read town.
Explain this!
This was my clumsily trying to explore Jibs' townread on me. It associates the two of us to an extent. A Mafia!Jibs might think that, as a new player who is not particularly good at this, I'll be lynched before he would and the association would give him some credit as a townie. I don't think this is the case because it doesn't match his playstyle, and also the association wouldn't even be worth that much.
Rocnix
Rocnix
Townie
Rocnix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Rocnix »

0x40 -- Jibs didn't say you were 100% certain, but was trying to say why tunneling Chrimi right now is bad
even if you were 100% certain.

Why are you so upset about hidden meta? This is my first game on the site; I have zero meta. Is that any different from hiding an alt?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:13 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 230, Jibs wrote:There are four people voting/scumreading you for it, you think three of them are town, and you just... don't care? Like why aren't you calling me/imp/rocnix stupid?
I just don't think it's that serious. They have yet to make even a half-decent case against me. Do you think town me would be reacting differently to this than I've reacted? Why would town me feel the need to call my voters stupid?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:19 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 240, Rocnix wrote:0x40 -- Jibs didn't say you were 100% certain, but was trying to say why tunneling Chrimi right now is bad
even if you were 100% certain.

Why are you so upset about hidden meta? This is my first game on the site; I have zero meta. Is that any different from hiding an alt?
Of course it's different. The fact that you have no meta is a bad thing for town, because it makes you harder to read, but that can't really be helped. Chrimi, on the other hand, does have a meta, but is refusing to let people see part of that meta for bogus reasons.
Jibs
Jibs
Townie
Jibs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Jibs »

I said I was gone, but I'm back for one more post everyone!

While it might be nice to policy 0x40, we absolutely cannot afford to right now--there's still too many question marks. We still need to see af's readlist, tne's case on shannon, imp's thoughts on 0x40 (and reasoning on af), and pp's new reads. Also the thread has me getting a little bit paranoid about rocnix. I'm just not reading the game very well at this point =/

I definitely feel like 0x40 is fake, but I'm not sure whether he's "pretending to be town" or "pretending to have read the thread"... >_> I can make a case on 0x40 if people really want it, but I know that if I do, he will just waste his time defending instead of going back, reading the thread, and posting about someone other than Chrimi.

How long do we have until we have to consolidate? I do not want to lynch imp or tne.
Rocnix
Rocnix
Townie
Rocnix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Rocnix »

The deadline is in about 10 days, so I'm assuming there's time.

0x40, could you please post a readlist?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:14 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 243, Jibs wrote:nice to policy
And finally something that's actually really alignment indicative is said. A lynch for reasons other than trying to lynch scum is only nice for scum. You are the scummiest right now by far in my opinion, and we're not policy lynching anyone this game for any reason. That will only benefit scum.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:14 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 244, Rocnix wrote:The deadline is in about 10 days, so I'm assuming there's time.

0x40, could you please post a readlist?
Working on one right now.
Rocnix
Rocnix
Townie
Rocnix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Rocnix »

In post 245, 0x40 wrote:
And finally something that's actually really alignment indicative is said. A lynch for reasons other than trying to lynch scum is only nice for scum. You are the scummiest right now by far in my opinion, and we're not policy lynching anyone this game for any reason. That will only benefit scum.
In post 243, Jibs wrote:I said I was gone, but I'm back for one more post everyone!

While it might be nice to policy 0x40, we absolutely cannot afford to right now
--there's still too many question marks. We still need to see af's readlist, tne's case on shannon, imp's thoughts on 0x40 (and reasoning on af), and pp's new reads. Also the thread has me getting a little bit paranoid about rocnix. I'm just not reading the game very well at this point =/

I definitely feel like 0x40 is fake, but I'm not sure whether he's "pretending to be town" or "pretending to have read the thread"... >_> I can make a case on 0x40 if people really want it, but I know that if I do, he will just waste his time defending instead of going back, reading the thread, and posting about someone other than Chrimi.

How long do we have until we have to consolidate? I do not want to lynch imp or tne.
Emphasis mine.
Jibs isn't saying that we should policy lynch you, but that your focus on Chrimi is unhelpful to the town. Your quote misrepresents that, and so I think that supports the idea that you're either pretending to be an outraged townie (and therefore scum) or not reading the thread (and therefore arguably a policy lynch, though I can't support that on day 1).
If it's the latter, the process of making a readlist should either get you to read a bit more into things or prove to us that you're actually reading the thread, so keep working on that, I guess.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 245, 0x40 wrote:
Oooh, Jibs is the scummiest in your opinion now? Are you going to switch votes to him, or continue voting me on the alt thing anyways?

I also find it ironic that you're talking about people making a half-decent case on you, yet you continue to vote me over the fact that I have alts.

Calling someone VI for their RVS vote is just silly. If anything, your push on me has been hugely distracting for town and definitely to the detriment to the game as a whole. As the mod stated, try to attack the argument, not the player. Pretty sure wishing for another player to replace out is similarly attacking the player.

On another note, let's say I'm
not
a player with
five years of experience
, but instead just a VI. Why would you want to policy lynch me before we get into the day enough to gain any information? Policy lynches are usually done because of a significantly bad playstyle that will hurt town in the long run. Me not wanting to give the names to my alts for non-game related reasons
isn't harmful to town.
And even if it was, are you saying it's harmful enough to town to justify a policy lynch by page 10?
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:52 am

Post by AstralFlare »

Wait wait wait what's a VI again

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”