Newbie 1732 [Game Over!]: InnocentVille

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Chrimi »

@Rocnix: I went "quiet" because I'm not online 24/7, have other games, and prefer to pick up later on in D1 rather than earlier because I'm terrible at doing anything soon after RVS.
In post 33, implosion wrote:
AstralFlare wrote:I'm curious as to how you were able to get a read (however mild) on Chrimi and I after two or three posts each. Is this purely based off tone?
The read on Chrimi is essentially based on tone. The read on you is because your jump onto the Chrimi wagon is a tad more conspicuous than the moves I'd expect scum to make at this stage of the game.
Yes, because self-voting and claiming to be scum in my first post during RVS on page one
isn't conspicuous at all
. :b

Anyways, if you're all looking into my meta so thoroughly (lol?), you should look at my early D1 play vs my late D1 play in my town games.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:16 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 49, Chrimi wrote:Wait wait wait

Are you guys seriously taking my first post's RVS joking self-vote as somehow scummy?

I've had alternate accounts, as well, not that it matters. I've also played a shitton off-site. :s
IMHO having an alt account totally matters in a game like this. It's not like you're playing a hunter instead of a mage and that gives you different abilities. Unless you're faking a whole other personality, an alt in mafia only serves to obscure yourself to get an advantage over players who might otherwise recognise your style and your tells.

VOTE: Chrimi for being the sort of person who has alts to hide behind.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 42, AstralFlare wrote:
she opened up with a self vote in Open 398, where she ended up being scum. I couldn't find any other games where she started like that.
That was in 2012! In her more recent games, I'm unable to find any examples of anyone selfvoting during RVS.

Chrimi: In addition to Jib's question, I would like to know if you've had any recent off-site experience.

Astral Eevee - why are you defending Chrimi against Jibs' comment here?
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by Chrimi »

In post 51, shannon wrote:
In post 49, Chrimi wrote:Wait wait wait

Are you guys seriously taking my first post's RVS joking self-vote as somehow scummy?

I've had alternate accounts, as well, not that it matters. I've also played a shitton off-site. :s
IMHO having an alt account totally matters in a game like this. It's not like you're playing a hunter instead of a mage and that gives you different abilities. Unless you're faking a whole other personality, an alt in mafia only serves to obscure yourself to get an advantage over players who might otherwise recognise your style and your tells.
What

I only mentioned alts because for some reason we're going through my meta during RVS?
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by Chrimi »

I was quite literally doing the opposite of hiding behind alts by pointing out that I have an alt and telling you their name so you can go see more of my meta...
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 37, Jibs wrote:On the other hand... she opened up with a self vote in Open 398, where she ended up being scum. I couldn't find any other games where she started like that.
That
was
a long time ago. Not sure that's relatable.
In post 38, Jibs wrote:PP: since you asked about it, you probably have some thoughts on the Chrimi/AF interaction. Could you share them?
I don't really. It seems fairly innocent to me. I can see how it could be twisted to be scummy, but I don't think that's the case here. That interaction, to me, was the only somewhat serious interaction so far - besides yours and mine - and since we moved toward being serious, I wanted to get your thoughts.
In post 48, AstralFlare wrote:Rocnix and Chrimi, why aren't you voting?
Good question. It's RVS - why the passive play?
In post 54, Chrimi wrote:I was quite literally doing the opposite of hiding behind alts by pointing out that I have an alt and telling you their name so you can go see more of my meta...
Where did you give us the name? I don't see that.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:29 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 55, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 48, AstralFlare wrote:Rocnix and Chrimi, why aren't you voting?
Good question. It's RVS - why the passive play?
I self voted myself and now people are reading over every post I've ever made on the site. I wouldn't call this "passive" :b
I'm a bit preoccupied trying to get people to not think "Oh we caught scum in the first post cause they did this silly thing during RVS that draws attention to them!!" because I would hate to see them try this outside of a newbie game.
In post 54, Chrimi wrote:I was quite literally doing the opposite of hiding behind alts by pointing out that I have an alt and telling you their name so you can go see more of my meta...
Where did you give us the name? I don't see that.
Huh. I thought I did but guess not.

It's Viomi - I was much more aggressive on that alt than on this one, back when I used it.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:37 am

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 52, shannon wrote:
In post 42, AstralFlare wrote:
she opened up with a self vote in Open 398, where she ended up being scum. I couldn't find any other games where she started like that.
That was in 2012! In her more recent games, I'm unable to find any examples of anyone selfvoting during RVS.

Chrimi: In addition to Jib's question, I would like to know if you've had any recent off-site experience.

Astral Eevee - why are you defending Chrimi against Jibs' comment here?
My intention was completely the opposite. In my second statement, I was trying to add on to the pressure on her with more questions. Sentence one was a more of 'Hey I did my too homework and want to compare my answers with yours' kinda thing.

Chrimi, why are you
still
not voting?
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 57, AstralFlare wrote:
Chrimi, why are you
still
not voting?
Because.. Not voting at this stage isn't scummy?

You guys do realize we're on page 3 right?
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:12 am

Post by AstralFlare »

Not voting at this stage
is
in fact scummy. While it's true that we're on page three, it has been a Very Serious Game so far. We're pretty much out of RVS, and are already very much in actual discussion. Your vote would be valued here as a means to add pressure on someone, so we can gauge their response for any scumminess.
And something about the tone of this just strikes me the wrong way. It reads like you're trying really hard to avoid appearing scummy.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:27 am

Post by AstralFlare »

And something about the tone of this just strikes me the wrong way. It reads like you're trying really hard to avoid appearing scummy.
To clarify, it makes it seem like you will only do stuff because that will make you look unscummy.

(I'll chill on the double posting now)
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:27 am

Post by shannon »

Isn't randomly voting kind of the point of RVS, though?

Pedit: I lolled at Very Serious Game. What happened to newbies needing to ask a million questions about how to mafia? (Or
was
is that only me?)
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 59, AstralFlare wrote:Not voting at this stage
is
in fact scummy. While it's true that we're on page three, it has been a Very Serious Game so far. We're pretty much out of RVS, and are already very much in actual discussion. Your vote would be valued here as a means to add pressure on someone, so we can gauge their response for any scumminess.
I really can't tell if you're joking or not. Honest.

And, it's called sarcasm? Look I'm doing it again.

The "tone" of my words is literally "I don't know what the fuck you're talking about because you're not making any sense and this is obvious shit."
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:07 am

Post by thenewearth »

Chimi are you burnt?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:08 am

Post by thenewearth »

also

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Shannon
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 63, thenewearth wrote:Chimi are you burnt?
Yes.

Crispy Bacon
Jibs
Jibs
Townie
Jibs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Jibs »

Hello Shannon! I have some questions for you.

VOTE: shannon
In post 43, shannon wrote:I do find it interesting that people are checking Chrimi's past games so thoroughly at such an early stage, based on what looked (to me) to be a reasonably off-hand comment. I personally don't delve in to past games looking for clues as to play style, I just go on what I remember from playing with them.
Do you see scum agenda behind the people questioning Chrimi?
In post 51, shannon wrote: IMHO having an alt account totally matters in a game like this. It's not like you're playing a hunter instead of a mage and that gives you different abilities. Unless you're faking a whole other personality, an alt in mafia only serves to obscure yourself to get an advantage over players who might otherwise recognise your style and your tells.

VOTE: Chrimi for being the sort of person who has alts to hide behind.
How much of this post was sarcastic?
Jibs
Jibs
Townie
Jibs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Jibs »

Hello everyone else!

thenewearth: Can you give me a read on penguinpower? Can you explain your read on shannon?

Chrimi: when can we expect you to have better reads? How many mafia have voted on you/scumread you?

penguin: do you live in North America? West Coast?

Here's my readlist, hopefully the numbers add up to 200% scum:

implosion 24
shannon 28
chrimi 26
astralflare 24
rocnix 23
thenewearth 24
penguinpower 26
0x40 25

Right now, I'm not worried about implosion/astralflare pocketing me since their reads on me feel more like "good job, keep playing like this" rather than actual TMI reads on my alignment. Rocnix's cluelessness feels towny. I think my read on pp was that he felt a little bit too pliable in but maybe I'm just letting imp's read influence me.

I should be back on in 20-30 hours.
Jibs
Jibs
Townie
Jibs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Jibs »

Ignore the part of the above post where I said implosion townread me--that's wrong, my mistake.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:28 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 67, Jibs wrote:penguin: do you live in North America? West Coast?
US - Central Time

What's your case on Shannon as your strongest scum read at the moment?
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 67, Jibs wrote:Chrimi: when can we expect you to have better reads? How many mafia have voted on you/scumread you?
When I have reads at all.
When we're not on page three so I have any actual information to go off of.
Also when we're actually out of RVS, though it seems like we're getting close to that.

I don't know how many mafia are on me. I'm assuming that they're checking my meta because they're newer players who don't realize it doesn't matter when it comes to RVS. I consider their actions NAI (Not alignment indicative)
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:29 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 49, Chrimi wrote:I've had alternate
accounts
, as well, not that it matters. I've also played a shitton off-site. :s
In post 54, Chrimi wrote:I was quite literally doing the opposite of hiding behind alts by pointing out that I have
an alt
and telling you their name so you can go see more of my meta...
First you say you have multiple alternate account
s
, and now it's only "
an
alt?"
VOTE: Chrimi
You will explain this contradiction, along with giving the usernames of all your other alts, if you want this vote to be elsewhere today.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 71, 0x40 wrote:
In post 49, Chrimi wrote:I've had alternate
accounts
, as well, not that it matters. I've also played a shitton off-site. :s
In post 54, Chrimi wrote:I was quite literally doing the opposite of hiding behind alts by pointing out that I have
an alt
and telling you their name so you can go see more of my meta...
First you say you have multiple alternate account
s
, and now it's only "
an
alt?"
VOTE: Chrimi
You will explain this contradiction, along with giving the usernames of all your other alts, if you want this vote to be elsewhere today.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Chrimi »

My post broke. Ugh

Anyways, is this game an elaborate prank or are you actually going to stick your vote on me the entirety of day one for having alternate accounts? Most players on this site have alternate accounts. It's not scummy, or against the rules.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Chrimi »

And yes, I do have two alts, but the second one is literally a Hydra between this account and the first alt, so i don't really consider it an actual alt.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”