Pokemon: GO

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Burned another pidgey/caterpie army to hit 20 woo.

There are people in my area with like 2500 Dragonites and I'm like :3
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I just wasted all my pokeballs again, somehow couldn't even hit a dodou. I just needed one more catch to go up a level as well, I think that must have been the cause, suppose I'd better just evolve something to level up instead, I'm fairly sure that can't go wrong.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:50 am

Post by Claus »

Go crazy on those pidgeys! That's the entire reason for their existence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:11 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Yeah man. Collect like 50 of the things, pop an egg and XP heaven. I've been saving up other evolves too, especially those that net me a new pokey man in my pokey dex. Best time to do one of those is when you're sitting at a lure somewhere so you can also get double XP from all the spawns. /nerd
Kappa
Just Monika
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

save the egg leveling strat for after lvl 20 because you stop finding lucky eggs in the wild and uh the XP jumps DRAMATICALLY in terms of how much you need per level
green shirt thursdays
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Papa Zito »

You can always earn them from gyms tho.
Kappa
Just Monika
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 429, xRECKONERx wrote:save the egg leveling strat for after lvl 20 because you stop finding lucky eggs in the wild and uh the XP jumps DRAMATICALLY in terms of how much you need per level
eh... you're still getting the same XP from the lucky egg either way. In fact you're probably likely to get more xp the earlier you use them as you're more likely to be able to get the double xp on new pokedex entries the lower level you are.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:47 am

Post by zoraster »

My difficulty is timing my lucky eggs with my real eggs.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 386, Sudo_Nym wrote:And I was not aware that you were not aware of that.
I have never played pokemon despite my co-workers being obsessed
In post 413, Jahudo wrote:And they got pokevision to shut down today. Were there any other sites that showed tracking?
In post 414, Sudo_Nym wrote:I think there was Poke Radar, but I think Niantic went after that, too.
I learned today the reason my co-workers developed their own map and poke monitoring site, despite the existence of pokevision, was because they anticipated pokevision and sites like it getting shut down.

It is my current understanding the site they made is unreachable by people I don't work with. If I learn that's not true and there's a way you guys can use it, I'll let you know.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:35 am

Post by Rhinox »

pokeassistant wrote:•You will begin evolving with 4 Pidgey and 44 Candy.

•You will be able to evolve 4 Pidgey and earn 4,000XP.

•You will be have transferred 4 Pidgeotto whilst evolving.

•You will have 0 Pidgeys and 4 Candy left over.
So I'm going on vacation and am clearing out my pokemon ahead of time so I can play longer without the interruption of filling up my pokemon storage. I'm clearing out the pidgeys, weedles, and caterpies such that I can, when ready, mass evolve all that I have left under a lucky egg at some point. Because I didn't feel like thinking, I was letting pokeassistant tell me how many I should transfer so that I could have enough candy to evolve what was left. But this looks wrong. Or am I being dumb? If I start with 4 Pidgey and 44 candy, I won't have enough candy to evolve all 4. 44-12=32+1=33-12=21+1=22-12=10+1=11 so I have 1 pidgey and 11 candies and can't evolve the last 1, let alone evolve all 4 and end up with 4 candies left over. Am I being dumb somewhere or is the calculator just plain wrong? I don't think I'm being dumb but maybe I am...
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:37 am

Post by zoraster »

No, you're right. You need 48 total to do 4 pidgeys and with 44 to start, you can only get to 47 if you transfer your pidgeottos... and you definitely won't have 4 candy left over.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Claus »

Meh, just walk outside 5 minutes and you'll get your 4 pidgey candies anyway.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Claus »

BTW, this is pretty much on point:

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 436, Claus wrote:Meh, just walk outside 5 minutes and you'll get your 4 pidgey candies anyway.
Oh I know. I wasn't worried about that. Just thought I was losing my mind or my capability of doing simple math for a minute. Or I missed where transfers now gave you 2 candies instead of 1 or something else.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 431, Rhinox wrote:
In post 429, xRECKONERx wrote:save the egg leveling strat for after lvl 20 because you stop finding lucky eggs in the wild and uh the XP jumps DRAMATICALLY in terms of how much you need per level
eh... you're still getting the same XP from the lucky egg either way. In fact you're probably likely to get more xp the earlier you use them as you're more likely to be able to get the double xp on new pokedex entries the lower level you are.
yes but leveling becomes much slower later whereas 1-20 is pretty steady and quick-ish so it makes more sense to save it for the slog when you stop getting lucky eggs and have caught all the pokemon so you're not getting that new pokemon bonus either
green shirt thursdays
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Psyche »

i think an experience point at level 1 is just as good as an experience point at level 20
you might get positive feedback more quickly in the former case than the latter case
but no matter what you're 1 point closer to level 21 than you were before
You can't step in the same river twice.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I just wanted to hit 20 as fast as possible so I could be relevant :3
Kappa
Just Monika
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Brandi »

My friend started the game when I was level 20, and in 1 week she's higher level than me because she used all her lucky eggs to their full potential. I want to lucky egg again but I only have 41 potential evolutions, I need 18 more so I can go for 60 in the 30 min timespan.

Pidgey's are being reaaaaaaaaaaaal assholes though. The higher level you are, the harder even lower level pokemon are to catch it seems. :/
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:31 am

Post by UpTooLate »

In post 442, Brandi wrote:Pidgey's are being reaaaaaaaaaaaal assholes though. The higher level you are, the harder even lower level pokemon are to catch it seems. :/
TELL ME ABOUT IT. How can I catch an 597 Eevee with no problem but a 45 Pidgey breaks out and bolts on me? What? That doesn't make sense. I'd say over half of the pokemon I tried to catch yesterday did that shit. So annoying. Even Razz Berries aren't helping.
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 438, Rhinox wrote:
In post 436, Claus wrote:Meh, just walk outside 5 minutes and you'll get your 4 pidgey candies anyway.
Oh I know. I wasn't worried about that. Just thought I was losing my mind or my capability of doing simple math for a minute. Or I missed where transfers now gave you 2 candies instead of 1 or something else.
Evolving gives you a candy back. So you need 12, but it really only costs 11
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 442, Brandi wrote:Pidgey's are being reaaaaaaaaaaaal assholes though. The higher level you are, the harder even lower level pokemon are to catch it seems. :/
I've noticed this too.
Kappa
Just Monika
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

So today the game bought an incense for me whilst I was walking with my phone in my pocket.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

A lucky egg I could live with but an incense
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 439, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 431, Rhinox wrote:
yes but leveling becomes much slower later whereas 1-20 is pretty steady and quick-ish so it makes more sense to save it for the slog when you stop getting lucky eggs and have caught all the pokemon so you're not getting that new pokemon bonus either
No, the opposite is better.

Last night I was barely 17, popped a lucky egg when I was about to hatch two eggs. 7 new pokedex entries from evolutions, and roughly 35 other evolutions later, I'm 20. Which means I have access to Ultra Balls (and likely higher CP Pokemon) now, rather than a few days from now. Popping the Lucky Egg after I hit 20 would have zero net benefit to my total XP, but I have the capacity to collect better items sooner. Getting from 20 to 21 gives me relatively little, but racing from 17 to 20 netted me much bigger benefits sooner.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Zulfy »

I am lucky that my daily doggy walking route corresponds completely to the pokestops in my área.

My elite team of carefully crafted Pokemon finally took down that pidgeot I talked about earlier, there was a measly ~560 cp killjoy guarding him, and I unfortunately had my hypno and jolteon switched, otherwise I May have been able to take on the gyarados that came after.

Also it seems bellsprout can't dodge. I mean, it is a plant but that seems kind of cheap.

And btw I swear I saw luiga or whatever in the nearby tab for a second like 3 days ago, but no one believes me.

Lvl 10.
no investigation no right to speak

Return to “The Arcade”