Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:17 am

Post by shaddowez »

As an FYI, I'll probably be doing stream of consciousness posts as I catch up, so a lot of stuff may be answered later in posts.

This is through page 30 - I hope to get to more today, but no promises.
In post 581, Motoko and Scully wrote:ABR, can I visit your temple of wisdom of infinite reads? I see none and you usually don't mind cracking heads. What's up?

Do you have a read on ABR here based on what you're seeing versus what you expect? This feels like you're insinuating he's scum since it's not what you're used to without outright saying it.
In post 586, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 585, Frizzy Cola wrote:
In post 582, Dunnstral wrote:Are you guys excited to be in a pt with DUNNSTRAL
After what happened last time?

No
I did not utilize the pt because I was scum in that game
Yeah, I don't like this. Self-meta is terrible, meta from one game is terrible, and using an action that easily changeable is terrible.
In post 606, Frizzy Cola wrote:are ya'll RVS'ing?
There's already been 25 pages of stuff - why would you ask if people are still RVSing? Wouldn't asking directly about reads make more sense?
In post 611, iraonavp wrote:
In post 161, Feelmi Udders wrote:
Join Orlais
Why are you voting Feelmi Udders?

This is their only post in the entire game.
What do you think about the specific nation they joined, considering that was their only post all game?
In post 623, Masquerade wrote:VOTE: iraonavp
Why the vote on ira? He seemed to be town read by quite a few people at this point, and I don't buy RVS at this point.
In post 628, Motoko and Scully wrote:Reaction fish time.

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

Where's the beef? It's what's for dinner.

~Titus
If you actually intended this as a reaction test, why would you say so in the first place?
In post 654, iraonavp wrote:
In post 623, Masquerade wrote:VOTE: iraonavp
Why are you voting me?

I find it suspicious and slightly scum-aligned that you would just vote me without mentioning me at all or giving any reason.
This is their first(ish) post after the actual day started, and the only vote on you. Why do you seem so concerned about this vote?
In post 683, Masquerade wrote:Ooh will I be the first wagon of the day? Cool. More votes on me please.

I said I was already developing townreads. I don't feel comfortable outing all of those very soon because I know my alignment and I don't want my stances being copied. So I'm going to see how this day develops, and if you just read my posts my reads will become clear sooner or later. That's how I work. I don't do lists. If you don;t like it, lynch me.
In post 697, Masquerade wrote:Ahw.

I'm btw not that worried about being copied, more about being influenced too much. And giving too much away will just give scum more opportunities to play me. Which plenty of you have seen me fall for in the past.
Regardless of how you put out reads, more information is more better for town. We have to convince each other why somebody may or may not be scum - not sharing that info does nothing to help us. You may look at something differently than I do, which would both further discussion and maybe sway one of our reads.

Then, you go and literally contradict yourself. So, which is it? You don't want your stances copied, or you're not worried about them being copied?
In post 688, iraonavp wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

I think he had scum-aligned and vulture-like circling of Masquerade, which was not scumhunting but trying to make Masquerade look bad.
What are your reads on Masquerade here?
V/LA on Weekends
100 Percent Ego
100 Percent Ego
Goon
100 Percent Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:18 am

Post by 100 Percent Ego »

shit, how do I keep forgetting you are in this game shadows?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:19 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 1551, 100 Percent Ego wrote:shit, how do I keep forgetting you are in this game shadows?
Because game started on Friday and I'm V/LA on weekends
V/LA on Weekends
yellowbaron
yellowbaron
Goon
yellowbaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:25 am

Post by yellowbaron »

In post 1534, Foxbeebirdboy wrote:Both the Masq and FU wagons have pretty shit compositions.
Can someone explain to me the Masq case because FU can't be scum with Dunnstral and Masq was a gut town read of mine lol
The Masq wagon has a few Tevinters and what looks to be a couple sheep votes. M&S have been tending the small, but loyal flock by helping them cry "wolf" at their detractors. They think Masq is the lowest-hanging fruit at the moment, but it looks like the crew is testing the waters to try us too. IMO, Masq is either town, or she's knowingly playing a fast and loose scum game. The former is more likely.

The Feelmi wagon is barely more than policy. I'm not saying she's a town read, but it's Day 1. Lurkers can't lurk forever.
100 Percent Ego
100 Percent Ego
Goon
100 Percent Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:30 am

Lurkers can easily be scum. The FU wagon is based on her naked voting to join a hood and then peacing out.
Motoko and Scully
Motoko and Scully
Goon
Motoko and Scully
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Motoko and Scully »

In post 1553, yellowbaron wrote:
In post 1534, Foxbeebirdboy wrote:Both the Masq and FU wagons have pretty shit compositions.
Can someone explain to me the Masq case because FU can't be scum with Dunnstral and Masq was a gut town read of mine lol
The Masq wagon has a few Tevinters and what looks to be a couple sheep votes. M&S have been tending the small, but loyal flock by helping them cry "wolf" at their detractors. They think Masq is the lowest-hanging fruit at the moment, but it looks like the crew is testing the waters to try us too. IMO, Masq is either town, or she's knowingly playing a fast and loose scum game. The former is more likely.

The Feelmi wagon is barely more than policy. I'm not saying she's a town read, but it's Day 1. Lurkers can't lurk forever.
Do you think any are scum on the Masq wagon aside from Cakey? I have been hard pushing Masq. I don't want to lynch my zord buddy though. The hood knows that, so why are you afraid?

Why do you think Masq is low hanging fruit as opposed to scum?

~Titus
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 1510, Vedith wrote:
In post 1507, Motoko and Scully wrote:This mechanic is dumb if there are vts. I agree with TBB. We've all seen the mechanic.

Who do you think is scum? Thoughts on beeboy?
Regardless if you agree with it or not, you can't set in stone that this is the case.
Personally, I assume that everyone will have a role, and the sample role is to not give anything away. Regardless, we can't play as if that is 100%.

Also, do you have anything else on Beeboy apart from his 'aggressive' stance on your clan?

Also, side note. Cakez is scum. Throwing shit all game.
yellowbaron is obvious town for calling him out here, and drawing full attention to the situation. The fact Cakez basically refusing to move from my lynch and move onto Yellow for being scum and then swaps to masquerade (Who is a ridicules lynch option too). You can also see that Cakez wants no confrontation, is that his town game?
Someone tell me what Cakez has done that isn't just sitting in the back shouting RabbleRabbleRabble!

Have we had Feelmi Udders post in the PT recently? Still nothing here.
In post 1488, Randomnamechange wrote:Cakez is town.
Explain this.
The only reason I feel better about you is because you are voting for Feelmi instead of Masq (Which again, is a shitty wagon).
Can't remember
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:39 am

Post by SirCakez »

Shadow do you have any reads for us? That wall was mostly questioning.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
100 Percent Ego
100 Percent Ego
Goon
100 Percent Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:43 am

he's not caught up you toolbag
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

From where he did catch up to you toolbag
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:54 am

Post by shaddowez »

Up to Page 35
In post 752, yellowbaron wrote:Boring is boring. We're both relatively new and plan to give you as many headaches as possible all game :D

BB? I think role-fishing is definitively scummy, there's no town motivation to do it from my POV. Or rather, the town motivation to note out roles obviously outweights town curiosity. The only question is whether or not they were actually role-fishing imo.
Are you saying this for every situation? So a doctor that knows there's a cop in the game? Or a bodyguard for any other PR? While I agree in general it's a bad idea, I wouldn't say that attempting to determine roles can never be town aligned.
In post 778, Motoko and Scully wrote:I'm disagreeing about scumhunting the pregame.

I'm going to jet outta here. We're dominating the public chat.

~Titus
Why don't you think anything from pregame was worth investigating? You think everything said there was NAI?
In post 782, Dunnstral wrote:Not feeling good about Feelmi Udders saying nothing
While I don't disagree, was this worth an entire post, rather than interacting with any of the people that are saying things?
In post 788, Masquerade wrote:I'm atm not too sure about yellowbaron and I think Biebierboys are town. I could do a 100 percent lynch.
Any insight as to why you have any of these reads?
In post 791, yellowbaron wrote:
In post 789, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 788, Masquerade wrote:I could do a 100 percent lynch.
Why?
Their posts are terrible.
Any reason you jumped in and answered this instead of letting Masq answer?
In post 799, Foxbeebirdboy wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

I need to talk to my other head.
If you feel it necessary to tell us you have to talk to your other head, why lay down a vote like that?
In post 803, Masquerade wrote:100 percent isn't in the group of players I'm developing townreads on currently and I would rather lynch him than ABR currently. I have no decent read on ABR either but my gut tells me it's better to keep him around over 100 percent.
So are 100 and ABR the only non-town reads you had?
In post 816, Motoko and Scully wrote:Feelmi, how much mafia have you played?
How is this relevant to their previous two posts?
In post 863, Masquerade wrote:Shit I'm running late :/

VOTE: Dunnstral wagon time.
So in it's 100 percent or ABR, and now it's Dunn as a wagon hop. Reasons? Anything?
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:59 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 1557, SirCakez wrote:Shadow do you have any reads for us? That wall was mostly questioning.
In post 1558, 100 Percent Ego wrote:he's not caught up you toolbag
In post 1559, SirCakez wrote:From where he did catch up to you toolbag
I loled a little at this exchange.

I have a couple of reads, but mind you these are extremely subjective to change since I'm still 30ish pages behind.

I'm leaning scum on Masq and M&S
FU needs to actually post, so I've got a lurkerscum read there
yellowbaron and FC are town leans.

Everybody else is null and/or I need to parse more still.
V/LA on Weekends
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Masquerade »

My comments on 100 percent and ABR at the time were because they were topic of discussion at the time and I gave my opinion. That's what I'm being asked to do?
I hopped on Dunnstral because that was a wagon that was going that I wanted to explore. Wagons are good, they give info, better to run someone up to L-1 early and have plenty of time to discuss than wait till the last hours of a phase. I thought Dunnstral was scum (still do) if I didn't maybe I would have hopped on Rat at the time, sheep ABR but I'm just not on the same page as him regarding that read. Rat is null and could still go either way for me.
Still think shaddowez is town.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1561, shaddowez wrote:FU needs to actually post, so I've got a lurkerscum read there
Why lurker
scum
?
Motoko and Scully
Motoko and Scully
Goon
Motoko and Scully
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:04 am

In post 1561, shaddowez wrote:
In post 1557, SirCakez wrote:Shadow do you have any reads for us? That wall was mostly questioning.

I have a couple of reads, but mind you these are extremely subjective to change since I'm still 30ish pages behind.

Well since you're reading. You have the context backwards. I absolutely think the Pregame was relevant. I was objecting to someone claiming it wasn't.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:13 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 1563, Masquerade wrote:
In post 1561, shaddowez wrote:FU needs to actually post, so I've got a lurkerscum read there
Why lurker
scum
?
The posts that I have seen so far have been devoid of any content. You can lurk and post just enough to avoid prods, but still engage or provide some insight when you do post.
In post 1564, Motoko and Scully wrote:

Well since you're reading. You have the context backwards. I absolutely think the Pregame was relevant. I was objecting to someone claiming it wasn't.
Ah, you were responding to yb in - my apologies, didn't put those two together at first. In that case:

yellowbaron
- Do you think nation joining was the only thing that could be analyzed in the pregame? Isn't looking at every interaction in the game the only way to determine motivations and knowledge level?
V/LA on Weekends
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:14 am

Post by SirCakez »

Why is yellowbaron town lean?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
yellowbaron
yellowbaron
Goon
yellowbaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:19 am

Post by yellowbaron »

In post 1555, Motoko and Scully wrote:
In post 1553, yellowbaron wrote:

Do you think any are scum on the Masq wagon aside from Cakey? I have been hard pushing Masq. I don't want to lynch my zord buddy though. The hood knows that, so why are you afraid?

Why do you think Masq is low hanging fruit as opposed to scum?

~Titus
I'll attempt to interpret/elaborate.

I had my doubts about Masq at first, but they've been somewhat alleviated because she's sticking her neck out a lot. She doesn't seem afraid of contradictions, and is willing to take risks in her process (which remains a mystery, I'll admit). If she's scum, then she's stupid scum, and we'll have something more solid against her later (as early as Night 1, though Day 2 is more likely). If she's town, she's a mislynch target with her all-over-the-placeness. I'm not fond of the Masq wagon as it stands.

I voted Rat, and obviously think he's scum. I can't believe that a town player could trust and sheep that hard.

To add my own two cents, I'm cognisant of the little tendrils you're pushing out; and loaded statements like "why are you afraid?" aren't sitting well with me. Equally, I'm uncomfortable with the buddying you're trying to pull. You feel the need to tell us that you're keeping your "hood" off our back? Why? If we're both town, then there's no reason for your not-so-subtle attempts as manipulation. If you think we're scum, then push our lynch in earnest. There's no need for protection. There's no need to play the "I wanna be your friend, but you're gonna have to play along" game.

Now, I don't know whether you're scum, or if you just have a manipulative scum-hunting style (and we just happen to be seeing things very differently). Time will help sort that out.

~boring
yellowbaron
yellowbaron
Goon
yellowbaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:28 am

Post by yellowbaron »

In post 1565, shaddowez wrote:
In post 1563, Masquerade wrote:
Why lurker
scum
?
The posts that I have seen so far have been devoid of any content. You can lurk and post just enough to avoid prods, but still engage or provide some insight when you do post.
In post 1564, Motoko and Scully wrote:

Ah, you were responding to yb in - my apologies, didn't put those two together at first. In that case:

yellowbaron
- Do you think nation joining was the only thing that could be analyzed in the pregame? Isn't looking at every interaction in the game the only way to determine motivations and knowledge level?
Well, that was my other head, but I think I understand his stance.

I think there are too many ways that nation choices can be interpreted. Too much WIFOM, not enough certainty. In asking for explanations (I'm still waiting on FBBB's by the way), we're looking for clues to unlock the greater puzzle.

The interactions, on the other hand, are absolutely valuable as an information resource. Obviously, I don't think every interaction will unlock the game -- there's too much chaos. We all have different personalities and different approaches to take into account. Nevertheless, they all still contribute little chips of color that make up the mosaic we're trying to piece together.
yellowbaron
yellowbaron
Goon
yellowbaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:29 am

Post by yellowbaron »

~boring
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Titus »

We have something solid against Masq now, and you have admitted you don't get the thought process.

I find it odd you're arguing against loaded statements when you've said things like and its correction in the following post are loaded statements. Asking you why you feel afraid is an observation I like sorted. Your ISO is full of that grandstanding. I highlighted as much. So did Shiro in . You didn't comment then. Do you feel like your threat to blacklist wasn't loaded? I could go on all day here.

I protect players who I feel may be useful to me. You are possibly.

I am very annoyed at people who throw around manipulative like it's a dirty word. Manipulative is another word for persuasive. We all are trying to manipulate each other. To say otherwise is dishonest.

Do you feel the Masq wagon is mostly town? What's your read on everyone on the wagon?

~Titus
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Motoko and Scully
Motoko and Scully
Goon
Motoko and Scully
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:37 am

In post 1570, Titus wrote:We have something solid against Masq now, and you have admitted you don't get the thought process.

I find it odd you're arguing against loaded statements when you've said things like and its correction in the following post are loaded statements. Asking you why you feel afraid is an observation I like sorted. Your ISO is full of that grandstanding. I highlighted as much. So did Shiro in . You didn't comment then. Do you feel like your threat to blacklist wasn't loaded? I could go on all day here.

I protect players who I feel may be useful to me. You are possibly.

I am very annoyed at people who throw around manipulative like it's a dirty word. Manipulative is another word for persuasive. We all are trying to manipulate each other. To say otherwise is dishonest.

Do you feel the Masq wagon is mostly town? What's your read on everyone on the wagon?

~Titus
yellowbaron
yellowbaron
Goon
yellowbaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:56 am

Post by yellowbaron »

Posts #1457 and #1458 were dismissive, not loaded. As I understand it, the blacklist threat was aimed directly at the target in the heat of the moment. It clearly was not intended to win the hearts and minds of the townsfolk (which is the purpose of grandstanding).

A loaded statement is "are you always this bitchy on Mondays"?

Yes, everyone manipulates, but everyone also has a reason for doing so. When the manipulation feels heavy-handed, it's usually because the manipulator is inexperienced, unaware of the intended target's level of sensitivity, or particularly invested in the outcome. From this response, I think it's safe to choose among the second two.

I think Rat is scum. We've a scum lean on Cakez, I am uneasy about 100 percent & FBBB, and we're having a hard time reading you. Luna is probably town (at least we hope).

~boring
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by SirCakez »

boring what's your individual read on me, without rb's influence? I'm curious.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Motoko and Scully
Motoko and Scully
Goon
Motoko and Scully
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:32 pm

In post 1572, yellowbaron wrote:Posts #1457 and #1458 were dismissive, not loaded. As I understand it, the blacklist threat was aimed directly at the target in the heat of the moment. It clearly was not intended to win the hearts and minds of the townsfolk (which is the purpose of grandstanding).

A loaded statement is "are you always this bitchy on Mondays"?

Yes, everyone manipulates, but everyone also has a reason for doing so. When the manipulation feels heavy-handed, it's usually because the manipulator is inexperienced, unaware of the intended target's level of sensitivity, or particularly invested in the outcome. From this response, I think it's safe to choose among the second two.

I think Rat is scum. We've a scum lean on Cakez, I am uneasy about 100 percent & FBBB, and we're having a hard time reading you. Luna is probably town (at least we hope).

~boring
Don't lecture me on loaded statements. I'm quite familiar with the term. That would be a mistake.

The persuasion isn't heavy handed. You're feeling conflicted between working with me and pushing reads I disagree with. The conflict doesn't come from my tactics but from your own conflict inside yourself.

Why did you make a big deal about power rangers and zords if not townreading me?

Why are you uneasy about FBB and Dwlee?

Spoiler: loaded statement semantics for boring
A loaded statement is a statement that implies something about the user. Now, the statement you used is a typical example. Yet, your goading was just as loaded about scum not using what you deemed pathetic threats. It was loaded. There's no answer that would directly claim he wasn't pathetic or scum.

If we're talking in strictly legal terms, you could argue that "argumentative" is an even better objection. This is not a court of law, so I will spare any further lecture as I am pretty sure everyone else would find it semantic.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”