Mini 506: The Siena Syndicate - Game Over!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by Glork »

I see.

Hypothetically, if Avinyl were replaced by somebody who participated, and we got a replacement for ChronX as well, where do you think your vote would end up?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
clockwork
clockwork
Goon
clockwork
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by clockwork »

I'd probably unvote, watch their behavior as we neared the deadline, and, if ChronX's replacement hadn't redeemed his former self, vote for him. ('Course, it probably wouldn't make any difference.) Almost anything
productive
from Avinyl/his replacement would be enough for me to unvote him.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:36 am

Post by Gorrad »

I'm back. My stance really hasn't changed, I'm thinking scum on Avinyl and ChronX most of all. Since ChronX isn't in the game anymore, I'll
Unvote, Vote: Avinyl
for now, and if ChronX's replacement is as scummy as he was, I'll switch.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:03 am

Post by Glork »

Yeah, attack the two people who aren't around to defend themselves. Really helpful, champ.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Peers »

Well, if ChronX hadn't left, that'd be lynch. As is, it's just L-1.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Glork »

I still don't understand why Avinyl is being run up. There are like four people not contributing.
Nobody has said a word about CDB
, yet we're running Avinyl up for doing basically the same thing.

These kinds of double-standards are usually indicative of scum giving preference somewhere. Don't be surprised if two mafiates are found among [Avinyl's Wagoners, CDB].
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:16 am

Post by Glork »

In fact... Oman asks where Cynic is, votes for Avinyl, but conveniently ignores CDB's absence. Oman-CDB connection noted.

Clockwork seems perfectly happy to sheep onto Avinyl, following Peers/Oman. Never mentions CDb or Cyncic (although earlier I believe he stated he thought Cynic was protown).

For reference, here is Avinyl's most recent post:
Avinyl wrote:
I apologize that i have not posted, but i have been away and i thought that i had posted to say that. I must have forgotten. I will have to reread what has happened while i was away.
And here is CDb's most recent post:
ChannelDelibird wrote:Vast, epic apologies for lack of posting before my V/LA. I'll be reading up and throwing text at you like there's no tomorrow.

Again, I want every person voting Avinyl to explain why that player prefers an Avinyl-lynch and ignored CDB's absence. This *REALLY* bothers me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:19 am

Post by ooba »

Well i'm not voting but we do have a deadline approaching and Avinyl was the most suspicious person .. (before clockwork's lets follow the others post)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Glork »

Honestly, if we could just get some active players in the game (the replacements so far have helped vastly), I think we'd be fine. I'd like to see some replacements, and I'd like to see the deadline pushed back. The game's not very long and there are a lot of really short posts, so it should be easy to read over.

I'll even solicit for replacements if Xdaamno lets me. Having 20-25% of the town missing is hardly "Mafia."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:26 am

Post by ooba »

Glork wrote:Honestly, if we could just get some active players in the game (the replacements so far have helped vastly), I think we'd be fine. I'd like to see some replacements, and I'd like to see the deadline pushed back. The game's not very long and there are a lot of really short posts, so it should be easy to read over.
I Agree - i joined in because the game was easy (and funny in some parts) to read ..
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Peers »

Why is it every game I'm in right now seems to be heading for Abandonville?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Glork »

Peers, could you list each living player in order from "Scummiest" to "Most Protown" and give a few sentences why you put them in that order?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Peers »

Glork: No, but you're slowly reaching into the #2 Scummy spot. You fail to realize we're not lynching Avynil for his not-here-edness, but for things he did before he was not-here. CDB failed to be as scummy before he became not-here, yet you seem to think that we should be on him instead, without giving a reason why.

Grasping at straws is never the best way to find the needle in the haystack, man. Sometimes, you just spread hay around.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Glork »

1) Speak for yourself. I know for a fact that Clockwork's vote is for pressure because Avinyl isn't contributing. He even said so himself. Gorrad indicated that his vote is more to get the game moving than anything else. He went from not mentioning Avinyl at all to "I like the case on Avinyl" when the
ONLY
thing said between thsoe statements was "Avinyl hasn't posted in 8 days... I think he needs a prod." You are misrepresenting the
ENTIRE
case against Avinyl from others' perspectives, in the face of
explicit, in-thread evidence
that states what "we" are lynching Avinyl for.
*YOU*
claim that
*YOU*
are voting Avinyl for his pre-disappearance behavior, but if you'd bother to freaking READ THE DAMNED THREAD, you would realize that you are ALONE in that sentiment.

2) I want to see your list of suspicions. If you are protown, you have
NOTHING
to lose by sharing your thoughts. The only reason to hide that information is if you're a scumbag who doesn't want attention to move from the guy you are gunning for. List now, or my vote goes straight to you, and it doesn't move.

...on a completely separate note:

One thing I just noticed that I've not commented on yet:
ChronX wrote:Logical town players will echo Peers question, Avinyl already has votes, and Oman fingers him as scum. Wouldn't his vote have been more productive on Avinyl, if it was not furthering some other agenda by landing on me? Of course, if he knew his scum buddy was going to get a bandwagon going....
In my 2+ years of experiene, I have found
the exact opposite
. It is a
GOOD
thing to put your vote elsewhere, because it creates
PARITY
among scummy players. This forces the other players to
show a preference
between going after one player or going after another. Saying "you're scummy, let's run you up" is pretty much just shooting in the dark. You *MUST* create discussion by giving players *OPTIONS* from which to choose.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:28 am

Post by Glork »

By the way...

MOD: Cynic Clinic hasn't posted since October 17. I think he needs to be replaced as well. :/
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:50 am

Post by Peers »

Glork wrote:2) I want to see your list of suspicions. If you are protown, you have
NOTHING
to lose by sharing your thoughts. The only reason to hide that information is if you're a scumbag who doesn't want attention to move from the guy you are gunning for. List now, or my vote goes straight to you, and it doesn't move.
Oh no, rhetoric followed by a threat! You ever think that maybe I'm not hiding anything, I just don't actually -have- a list? Not everyone thinks in lists.

You want a list? Fine.

Most Scummy
--Avynil -- for reasons given when I voted.
--Glork -- For constantly fishing for other people's theories so he can put together the one that will make him the least suspicious, because other people support it.
Semi-scummy
Even Scum/Town Line
--Everyone else
Semi-Town
Most Town

Happy? Or are you going to vote me and not move because I refuse to grasp at straws?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Glork »

I'm not asking you to grasp at straws. I'm asking you to give your best guess as to which players are most likely to be scum. If you don't know the answer to that, your task is to
read the thread and ask questions to force others to engage in productive discussion
. I'm not sure about you, Peers, but that's generally how I think mafia should be played. This isn't rocket science, and I'm not "fishing" in the traditional scummy sense (i.e., rolefishing). I'm trying to get everybody talking about each other so that we can further get reads on each others' alignments.

Would you like me to go hunt down past games in which I (as a protown player) have asked questions to get discussion started? Your position is absolutely ridiculous, and completely untenable. You're accusing me of fishing because I'm trying to make you take a stand on players other than Avinyl, and then your reaction is distinctly OMGUSy.

Vote: Peers

(EDIT: Actually, here....)
Glork, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=4642]Face To Face Mafia[/url] wrote:Patrick: Could you make a quick list of what you think about each player? Just a sentence or two per player is fine, though if you'd like to include more, you're more than welcome to do so.

CES: Please do the same thing. Quick thoughts on everybody.

MBL: What single player do you think is most likely to be scum? If that player were lynched as scum right now, who do you think is most likely to be their scumbuddy?

MGM: If Ether were lynched as a pro-town player, where would you want to look next? What if she were lynched as a scumbag?

CDB: Post and/or Perish. Preferrably both. Who are your scumbuddies?

Ether: What do you think of CDB? Fritzler? MBL?

Nightfall: What are your thoughts on the non-lynch of Thesp yesterday? Do you think anybody is likely to be scummy for not dropping the hammer? Pro-town?
Glork, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=4004]Kingmaker II Mafia[/url] wrote:The King has some humble requests for his people.

PJ: Go read over Yos's posts from Day One. Explain to me what, in your opinion, Yos contributed to scumhunting in the game. Then explain how you feel this compares to what you would expect from Yosarian.

Pablito: Please tell us your thoughts on Dead Rikimaru, Mert, and Spectrumvoid at this point. What reads or inklings do you have on them?

Yosarian: Please give me a list of three people you think are the most pro-town. Explain why you feel they are probably innocent.

Nightson: If I were to execute one player of your choice right now, who would that player be? Why? If that player were to turn up scum, who do you think would be most likely to be that player's scumbuddy?

Mert: Pick any player of your chioce and run a post-by-post analysis of that player. Then ask that player to run a PBPA on another player of your choice.

CrashTextDummie: Please elaborate on what you meant when you said this:
CTD wrote:Pablito has confused me entirely with his play, enough so that I don't think he should be killed anymore.
Unvote: pablito

Phoebus: What number am I thinking of? Also, please go all Glork on Yosarian's ass.

Rikimaru: Please post some brief (or not-so-brief, if you prefer) thoughts on every player in the game.
There are two that I thought of off the top of my head. Note that in each of them, I asked at least one player to talk about every player in the game. If you're not convinced that what I'm doing is a good idea, you can look at A) my track record; and B) more examples of this kind of play from me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:48 am

Post by Peers »

I realize you may have a great track record, but your posts in the last few pages paint a portrait of someone who is very much trying to get votes off of Avinyl, including saying you'd vote for Gorrad before Avinyl, and voting for someone simply because they followed along with two other people.

You have also have flat-out said to ChronX that if there is more than one scummy player, you should force people to choose between them and not simply go after the easiest lynch. This is just plain stupid and looks like an easy way to set up a no-lynch situation by dividing the town while the scum laugh.

We do not enough enough information to make a case about every single player. Some players it's due to being inactive, some it's due to not doing anything worth making a case out of. You, however, continue to appear desperate to create a case out of anything to pull votes away from Avinyl.

I think Avinyl is scum. My job, as town, is to lynch him. And I will not be goaded into an OMGUS war with you. My vote stays on Avinyl, and I hope nobody else gets distracted by your tactics.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Glork »

Peers wrote:And I will not be goaded into an OMGUS war with you. My vote stays on Avinyl, and I hope nobody else gets distracted by your tactics.
Uh.

If you think I'm scum protecting Avinyl as scum, you wouldn't have any reservations about getting me lynched.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Peers »

Glork wrote:
Peers wrote:And I will not be goaded into an OMGUS war with you. My vote stays on Avinyl, and I hope nobody else gets distracted by your tactics.
Uh.

If you think I'm scum protecting Avinyl as scum, you wouldn't have any reservations about getting me lynched.
There are ten people alive in this game right now. If we get five votes on Avinyl and five votes on you, then we wind up with a no-lynch at deadline.

I have no reservations about you getting lynched. But it's stupid to give up L-1 on a scum in the hopes of maybe, possibly, getting a lynch on another scum.
clockwork
clockwork
Goon
clockwork
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:09 am

Post by clockwork »

Vote: Glork.
clockwork
clockwork
Goon
clockwork
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:18 am

Post by clockwork »

Afterthought, for Glork: Because you're being bossy and putting down people who I think are playing decently.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Glork »

Ooh, a playstyle vote. I haven't had one of those in a while.

Good to know I'm doing my job.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Peers »

Glork wrote:
(EDIT: Actually, here....)
Isn't there a no-edits rules?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Glork »

It's a fake-edit; I added it as an afterthought.

No player is even
capable
of editing one's own posts in this forum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”