Newbie #492 - GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:49 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Apologies for recent inactivity. It's been a frantic weekend, and I'm going on an away for a few days. No idea how active I can be when I'm gone, but I'll be back on Friday.

If I need to be replaced, so be it...
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:37 am

Post by appleof72 »

replace! lol
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:49 am

Post by Variable »

appleof88 wrote:it is strange and with this deadline in place, i am worried that Variable will be taken with out fair townie justice

only scum can really win with deadlines, i urge one person to unvote Variable

i'm sorry if it looks like i'm getting buddy with V, but i can't have some killed with only 3 votes
Unless I'm wrong, Xaivius unvoted me in 94, so I'm actually only at L-2.
[color=red]the cake is a lie[/color]
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:42 am

Post by appleof72 »

oh, then no need to call off votes then
but to be honest, people should explain there votes

I haven't voted, due to deadline and FOS is all that has been needed so far
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

appleof88 wrote:replace! lol
I'd rather wait for him.
A replacement can never be expected to fully explain the ac6ts of its predecessor, so ends up having a pass.

May I suggest that each of us present a list of three prime suspects and the reason for suspicion?
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 am

Post by appleof72 »

ok
you first
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by Aimee »

Silverwalker replaces Golgi, effective immediately.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by Variable »

Unvote.

I have a list of suspects, but I'm not going to present them just yet. We need more discussion -- even if it's about lynching me for making stupid jokes.

FoS: Dead Rikimaru
. It was your idea to present a list of suspects; why didn't you start us off? Instead, it almost sounds like you're asking for us to list bandwagons we may be partial to.

I
can
say that, after a re-read, if Xaivius is on my list, he's not at the top.

Code: Select all

#stupid_joke
Xaivius
Xaivius
Townie
Xaivius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:28 pm

Post by Xaivius »

Variable wrote:
Unvote.

I have a list of suspects, but I'm not going to present them just yet. We need more discussion -- even if it's about lynching me for making stupid jokes.

FoS: Dead Rikimaru
. It was your idea to present a list of suspects; why didn't you start us off? Instead, it almost sounds like you're asking for us to list bandwagons we may be partial to.

I
can
say that, after a re-read, if Xaivius is on my list, he's not at the top.

Code: Select all

#stupid_joke
I concur with this statement...

also

love the programmer joke...

X
Silverwalker
Silverwalker
Townie
Silverwalker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:29 pm

Post by Silverwalker »

Hello everyone! I am new to the site, but I have read through a lot of the Wiki, and I have read many posts in the games. Also a couple of friends and I have started up a Mafia game elsewhere (an alliance in Cyber Nations, if you have heard of it), and some of them are experienced players, so I have good influences. Looking forward to playing with you!
Silverwalker
Silverwalker
Townie
Silverwalker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by Silverwalker »

Okay, I have spent half an hour reading posts now. You guys write A LOT! And it's only the first day!

I have to vote for Variable, because some people gave good reasons for voting for him, and I have been told that if you don't lynch someone the first day you don't get anywhere, and meanwhile the Mafia get a chance to kill someone. But also because Variable's jokes are funny, so we would miss him. And that is just what he wants! Sneaky.

I am really sorry if you are innocent, Variable! Nothing personal. But if you are Mafia I'm off to a good start. :)

Vote: Variable
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Variable »

Silverwalker wrote:Okay, I have spent half an hour reading posts now. You guys write A LOT! And it's only the first day!

I have to vote for Variable, because some people gave good reasons for voting for him, and I have been told that if you don't lynch someone the first day you don't get anywhere, and meanwhile the Mafia get a chance to kill someone. But also because Variable's jokes are funny, so we would miss him. And that is just what he wants! Sneaky.

I am really sorry if you are innocent, Variable! Nothing personal. But if you are Mafia I'm off to a good start. :)

Vote: Variable
Yay, someone
else
who wants to lynch me because I made a joke.

You know, it almost sounds like you
know
I'm town, and you're trying to blame others for forcing you to vote/lynch me even before the hammer falls...
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:51 am

Post by appleof72 »

I personaly wouldn't vote you for the joke, i just think joking about being scum makes you look scummy tis all

but this quote
Variable wrote:You know, it almost sounds like you
know
I'm town, and you're trying to blame others for forcing you to vote/lynch me even before the hammer falls...
i'm not liking these hints

MEGA FOS
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:52 am

Post by appleof72 »

also, welcome new guy!
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Variable »

appleof88 wrote:I personaly wouldn't vote you for the joke, i just think joking about being scum makes you look scummy tis all

but this quote
Variable wrote:You know, it almost sounds like you
know
i'm not liking these hints

MEGA FOS
Is that an FoS on me? Reread and then tell me my point isn't valid.

Regardless, here's my order of suspicion:

Tied for first: appleof88 and Silverwalker
Tied for third: Xaivius and Dead Rikimaru
Tied for fifth: Zombie_woof and somestrangeflea
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Sorry for taking long to answer. I use the forums mostly at work, and I had a couple of busy days.

Here is my suspect list:

First: somestrangeflea
Tied for second :Xaivius and Silverwalker

I will try my best to present the resoning today, if my time allows. Otherwise it will be done before Monday.

I think it's most important that all players make a top 3 before the day ends. It's no good for town if any player manages to go into night before commiting to an opinion.

MOD: I understand the day is lagging a bit, but due to replacements could we have more time?
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Silverwalker
Silverwalker
Townie
Silverwalker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:28 am

Post by Silverwalker »

Why would I be on anyone's suspect list when I have only posted twice? Would someone please like to explain it to a guy who is learning the ropes?

Anyway, first place: Variable

Second and third: I have one guy in mind, but I don't like to say anything for now, I want to see more posts before I start something. I am sorry if I spoil it for people by not talking enough, but I can't just throw something out there without having more to go on than I have now.
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Variable »

Silverwalker wrote:Why would I be on anyone's suspect list when I have only posted twice? Would someone please like to explain it to a guy who is learning the ropes?

Second and third: I have one guy in mind, but I don't like to say anything for now, I want to see more posts before I start something. I am sorry if I spoil it for people by not talking enough, but I can't just throw something out there without having more to go on than I have now.
Something to keep in mind:
You
may have only posted twice, but you also have a predeccesor to worry about.

I get the impression that you joined, skimmed the thread ("You guys write A LOT!"), saw me at a disadvantageous position, and decided to utilize it, all the while preparing your defense for the scrutiny you know you'll receive when I turn up town.

I'm suspicious of appleof88 mainly because he was defending me so strongly for a while. From my standpoint, if I get lynched, anyone who lynched me is going to look suspicious, apple will look like a saint, and he'll be in a position to manipulate votes against whomever he chooses. As soon Xaivius took me off of L-1, though, apple changed his tune and now finds me suspicious. As we're in deadline, and I'm back at L-1, I'm in a position to be lynched without him doing any voting at all, and he's in a position to try to manipulate people to vote for me. If Silverwalker is his scumbuddy, then he knows that there's a chance that Sw may be the target on Day 2, leaving him in a precarious position.

Mod, would you consider extending the deadline a bit?
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Variable »

Man, I can't believe I misspelled "predecessor."

Perview is my fiend.
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:10 am

Post by appleof72 »

I defended the under dog

but i felt that with the post i quoted before, you just want to get killed off. but your last post worked for me, you rightly acted on me for not backing you up again. but i felt that that by jokingly impplying that your scummy, just looks bad

i do wonder however, Silverwalker can't really be held by the actions of his predecessor. but the first thing he does is vote

i have a top 3
Xaivius- i could just vote for this guy right now, hasn't recovred from the "joke-gate and then turned on Variable

Silverwalker- voted so quickly, not maybe a FOS would of done

Variable- you call wolf too many times for me. but you good arguement only honours you with a FOS
Xaivius
Xaivius
Townie
Xaivius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Xaivius »

oh dear. you want to really stir things up, don't you apple?

your play is getting less and less consistent as time goes on, and some of reasoning has holes that would make swiss chees envious
i do wonder however, Silverwalker can't really be held by the actions of his predecessor. but the first thing he does is vote
actually, he MUST be held by the actions of his predecessor, lest we ignore evidence of scum. When one replaces in, sometimes you get left holding the bag, and you get to try to explain why this jackass left you in a bad spot.
I defended the under dog
really now. So you defended him for no other reason than that he had votes? I, at least, posted my logic behind my choice to vote, and we got some answers out of V. I becoming more and more suspicious of you.

HOS: Apple

Why would I be on anyone's suspect list when I have only posted twice? Would someone please like to explain it to a guy who is learning the ropes?

I have to say, this looks pretty suspicious actually. You're voting on logic I, the voter, later found somewhat fallacious. This could very well be an attempt to hammer, and it is VERY disturbing for a first move. Also, your predecessor left with an air of suspicion around him, which isn't helping things.

FOS: Silver
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Aimee »

Deadline retracted.

I will be away for several days with no access. Shanba will be taking over as back-up in my absense.

I will reassess whether the deadline will be put back on after I return. Happy scumhunting!
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:37 am

Post by appleof72 »

oh good, looks like the game can return to its organic order with no deadline

I meant that V had the most votes and i didn't want him to be taken with the deadline on
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:38 am

Post by appleof72 »

I find your attack leaves a bitter taste in my mouth

as you are top of my scumdar

i feel i should step it up
vote Xaivius