Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Guys, Xyzzy isn't in the game anymore. Time to celebrate!
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Kakeng
Kakeng
Townie
Kakeng
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Kakeng »

So, Bubka, will you please claim before I hammer you. You're at lynch -1.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I am replacing xyzzy.

party time yay!

I too want to see bubka claim.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Kanaga
Kanaga
Townie
Kanaga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Kanaga »

Goofball's points so far have been pretty good. I agree that his coming back point sucks, and having a heavy wagon on you isn't the time for joking. Especially when that type of joke is what made his bandwagon. I'm not going to vote though, since I do think we are rushing it a little bit too much. I agree that a role claim before we make our decision is probably a good idea.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:04 pm

Post by Oman »

Zomg, pickem got his title.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:28 am

Post by Mert »

Initial analysis of the first six pages. More to follow shortly.

UltimaAvalon [4] wrote:Oh wait, I lied
Vote: xyzzy
cus he's just gonna mad lurk all game anyway.
Weird first post. This looks like it could be saying "Xyzzy never picked up his night-talk PMs, so I'm mad", though since this is the first post of the game I'm taking it completely in a vacuum. I certainly pick up a hint of something, but I'll park it for now and see if anything else comes up that indicates similar.

Simenon [7] wrote:post.
:lol:

Sir Tornado [16] wrote:Started a shitty bandwagon already? ;)
I realise this post is in jest to a degree, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with a day one bandwagon or two to get the game going.

curiouskarmadog [18] wrote:
vote lowell
, because he will probably lurk all game anyway.
Hmm, this thing again. I'll keep my eyes on CKD's relationship with Lowell for the same reasons as UA and possible connections to Xyzzy that I cited above for the rest of this readthrough.

<Skipping Pokefag section>

Kakeng [35] wrote:I will have to be off until oct 5th because of an important exam. this is the onl chance I have of logging on the com, so sorry.

Anyway,
random vote: lazy
Hope the exam went okay. Less thrilled about dropping the V-bomb just before you know you'll be away for three days though.

<Blah blah Pokemon, puntuated with the occasional funny post from BMQ>

foolinc [75] wrote:Besides the Dog from Duck Hunt is the scummiest avatar one could have.
I concur!

UltimaAvalon [78] wrote:Guys. Sir T has only posted once. Maybe he doesn't want to play. And it would be a shame if he were replaced. Lets kill him
Hmmm, ping number two for UA here. Again, post appears to be in jest, but that doesn't mean it can't be scummy.
mFoS: UA

Lazy [85] wrote:I know some of them always bandwagon (shitty excuse anyway), but aren't you having the feeling that too many people are comfortably hopping in?
I would say that bandwagonning early on and looking for reactions is one of, if not the most effective way of getting the game moving and finding scum early on. Sucks that you're the victim of a wagon maybe, but if I had been playing I would have "comfortably hopped on" too - not only to get your reaction, but to get the reaction of those on or off the wagon also. Reactions are the lifeblood of scumhunting, in my opinion. Doing stuff to get them helps towns win.

BrianMcQueso [89] wrote:Trying to divert attention off your scumbuddy's wagon, eh?
:goodposting:

Kanaga [92] wrote:I agree that the typical random vote and mini-bandwagon on someone shouldn't get up to 7/8 votes, but I don't think scum would be dumb enough as to go that high.
No, that's
perfect
because it means that if there were to be a quicklynch then three or four scum all have to out themselves at once. Instawin! Again, I'm a big fan of bandwagonning and I see far less danger in putting someone at Lynch - [approximate number of scum] early than some do. Shrug.

Sir Tornado [95] wrote:UA, before you call me to be "killed" for lurking, point out two posts with genuine content from yourself. If I am lurking, you are lurking in plain sight, which is even worse.
:goodposting:

Tarhalindur [113] wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Kanaga
, since he's the scummiest player so far and random voting is over.
Now, while I don't mind CKD's assessment of Kanaga (in fact at this point I think CKD's probably protown), I don't like this post. It seems to use the first serious argument in the game as adequate enough proof to vote. As I've made clear, I have nothing against a good bandwagon, but this seems less like searching for more information and more like blatant opportunism. If you were wagonning for information (ie. the good reason to do so) then you'd either just jump on and wait for reactions or ask more probing questions in your vote post. You did neither.

Tarhalindur [119] wrote:More pressure on Kanaga seems like a good idea to me, folks.
Again. You're saying more pressure is the way to go, but you're not putting any on yourself by asking difficult questions or trying to draw a response. What you
are
doing is trying to get others to vote and ask those kinds of questions and essentially do the dirty work for you. You can say you were on this big protown wagon without having to actually try to look for scum.
FoS: Tarhalindur

Stark's vote that follows isn't bad because it isn't embedded in some kind of fluff post about how it's the best thing for other people to do. Two ways to apply pressure: vote and wait for reactions or ask some difficult questions. You did neither. Stark did one.

Foolinc's is okay, but not great. I'm not in love with the "tend to agree" stuff with nothing else.

Oman says it's for blatant bandwagonning purposes, as does Flameaxe. I don't mind this. It's the kind of faux justification in Foolinc and especially Tarhalindur's posts that gets me concerned.

Flameaxe [125] wrote:Also, (this is just an idea I'm rolling off here...don't get all pissy at me for it...) due to the fact that this is an open setup, massclaiming MIGHT be an option to move day 1. I think that this should be considered for an idea to find teh scumz.
Horrible idea. I'm often a fan of massclaiming but very rarely this early. It's only worth it when there is a significant strategic advantage to doing so. I just don't see how there can possibly be one at this point in the game.

UltimaAvalon [135] wrote:I'm intentionally lurking. Discuss.
Um, what the...?

Kakeng [137] wrote:Anyway, i support mass townie role claim as we know the number of townies.
Ugh. I didn't mind you until this post. Surely you realise that if all the townies claim townie then the scum know which people are not townies? The only way power roles could avoid being outed is to lie and also claim townie and that gets us into a world of trouble.

rite [139] wrote:For what it's worth, Lazy, I'd be willing to wager that Kakeng was just being stupid and not thinking that a mass townie claim would leave our power roles wide open. I was about to agree with him until I thought about it.
So willing to wager that you'd answer on his behalf? Right. I'll note that but expect me to make a much bigger deal out if it if you do that again.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

bubka is still posting in other places but here...can we get him replaced?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:07 am

Post by Mert »

Page 7-12. Final part coming soon!

Tarhalindur [150] wrote:Kanaga, Kakeng, and Flameaxe all look bad right now - Kanaga for deflection, Kakeng and Flameaxe for pushing a mass claim (Kanaga more so than Flameaxe).
Or: "here are some widely-held opinions passed off as my own contribution to the game." Hmmm, not a great post, Tar.

<Blah blah ad hom blah. Not interested in who of you has the biggest ePenis, frankkly, so I'm going to skip this part>

Lowell [199] wrote:I'm here. Just chillin'.

Haven't been terribly impressed with any of the cases so far.

Carry on.
Nonsense post. You can't just sit and allow others to do all the Day One info gathering (when it is probably most vital to get as much information as possible) and then say you haven't posted because nobody's case has impressed you yet. You can make cases by getting stuck in and asking some questions / applying some pressure. Not a good post.

curiouskarmadog [200] wrote:=posting to make it look like I am contributing.

not impressed with a case?..make one
Aha! Great minds think alike, clearly. Still thinking CKD is still probably protown at this point in my readthrough.

Kakeng [201] wrote:Please speak up (not that i contributed much)
"You just did something scummy which I am also guilty of, yet I won't let this blind me to a golden opportunity to look like I'm contributing by voting".

Tarhalindur [202] wrote:This kind of post = scumtell.

(Scum tend to care that they are lurking more than town does.)
Not sure I understand the bit in parenthesis. His post seems to imply he
doesn't
care that he is lurking, yet you call his post a scumtell on the basis that scum would care more about the fact that they're lurking. Weird.

Oman [207] wrote:Lowell lurking is no big tell.
That's probably true.

Lazy [219] wrote:Isn't it 100% clear that Lowell IS lurking?
You still seem to be voting for people on little bits of information and for fairly arbitrary reasons, which you should probably be over by this point in the game. I don't like your flip-floppiness so far.

Tarhalindur [228] wrote:Being uncomfortable with being voted = MASSIVE SCUMTELL
This is the second post where you've done this and it's a fairly horrible argument for voting for somebody. What you're effectively saying is "here is a reason why you should all vote and that reason is written in tablets of stone as a well-known scumtell" which immediately makes less experienced players worried that thinking it was nothing makes them bad or that they may have missed something which everyone finds obvious. What's ridiculous is that it's not a scumtell in my book and certainly wasn't in that context. It looks like you're trying to gather momentum for something which really shouldn't have any.
FoS: Tarhalindur

Tarhalindur [232] wrote:I have my reasons for blatant bandwagoning.
It's not bandwagonning, it's trying to incite others to bandwagon
after
your initial vote. Important difference.

Tarhalindur [235] wrote:Being uncomfortable with being voted is a very large scumtell in my books, and bubka's last two posts give me the very strong impression that he's uncomfortable with being voted.

Savvy?
Not savvy. Totally ludicrous. You're still trying to encourage others that they're somehow stupid for not agreeing with something you portray as a textbook scumtell. It isn't. I'm going to upgrade my FoS to a
HoS: Tarhalindur
at this point.

I'm not going to quote it here because it's so long, but MoS' [294] sums up my feelings on UA wonderfully, while adding some stuff I hadn't noticed. Love this post. Other than the overuse of the phrase "vis-a-vis", which I can take or leave :P

Lazy [295] wrote:That post made my day and I'm not going to feel sorry about this:
That said, I'm far less of a fan of people who just see a big post and decide to vote based on it without either expanding on it or saying which parts the do or don't agree with.
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:40 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Merts last two megaposts=good posting.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:01 am

Post by death_omen »

Im not sure whether day 1 is always the right day to get a claim out of anyone (believe me I know from prior experience). In one of the other games I played i was pressured into role claiming by the town and i ended up claming because I had a power townie role (cop) and I got completely taken out of the game by a mafia role blocker who knew what i was and in that game the town ended up losing just because of that claim.

So in conclusion about that I dont think role fishing is going to help us to much in this format.
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Who said anything about role fishing? Pushing a claim at L-1 != role fishing.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by foolinc »

DragonsofSummer wrote:Merts last two megaposts=good posting.
I concur (an not just because he agreed with me on the Dog from Duck Hunt being scummy :lol: ).
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by foolinc »

death_omen wrote:Im not sure whether day 1 is always the right day to get a claim out of anyone (believe me I know from prior experience). In one of the other games I played i was pressured into role claiming by the town and i ended up claming because I had a power townie role (cop) and I got completely taken out of the game by a mafia role blocker who knew what i was and in that game the town ended up losing just because of that claim.

So in conclusion about that I dont think role fishing is going to help us to much in this format.
So you'd rather not have them claim and let them get lynched? Having a power role getting constantly blocked or night killed as result of a claim is much better than having them not claim and getting lynched. If they are constantly blocked, then they are a confirmed townie and if they get nightkilled, the town gets another shot at lynching scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Usually, at the end of Day 1, someone gets lynched.

When that player is a lynch -1, he should claim. We'll find out his role soon enough anyway. The reactions to the claim are further useful information.

I don't get this discussion about not claiming on Day 1.

Bubka in particular has been so useless, it's the least he can do.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Kakeng
Kakeng
Townie
Kakeng
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:19 pm

Post by Kakeng »

Mod, can you please prod bubka?

Bubka, I'm giving you two days after the prod to post. if you don't, i am so hammering you.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Lowell »

death_omen wrote:Im not sure whether day 1 is always the right day to get a claim out of anyone (believe me I know from prior experience). In one of the other games I played i was pressured into role claiming by the town and i ended up claming because I had a power townie role (cop) and I got completely taken out of the game by a mafia role blocker who knew what i was and in that game the town ended up losing just because of that claim.

If the choice is between claim or die (as it is), I'd prefer a claim.
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:35 am

Post by death_omen »

WHat if his claim is false and everyone chooses to believe him instead.. This kind of sceanrio wont help us at all imo.
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Mert »

death_omen wrote:WHat if his claim is false and everyone chooses to believe him instead.. This kind of sceanrio wont help us at all imo.
Um, I'm fairly sure that he'd eventually be counter-claimed if he chose to fake claim a power role. If he claims townie he'll probably still be lynched today.

Surely if he fake claimed a power role then at least one person will
definitely
know it's false and, if it is a provable ability, they may not even have to out themselves for him to be caught having lied about it. If it's not a confirmable ability then a counter-claim tomorrow or Day Three or something will be enough to provide the final nail.

I think you're seeing a lot of danger where there is very little, if I'm honest.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:17 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

What if his claim is correct? This argument is silly.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Lowell wrote: If the choice is between claim or die (as it is), I'd prefer a claim.
la di da... waiting for bubka... yea... kakeng kind of looks weird at the moment... hmm
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by death_omen »

DrippingGoofball wrote:What if his claim is correct? This argument is silly.
BUT what im trying to say is that how can you be sure that his claim is
correct
-DO

Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by Mert »

Well what could he claim? Let's go through them.

If he claims townie then he'll probably still be lynched today. What is the town losing by killing off an inactive townie who looks relatively scummy? Probably not a lot. He'd have to be super convincing to survive with a townie claim at this point and with a deadline.

He could claim Cop. False Cop claims are fairly easy to detect after a day or two because if he's fake then we'd want to know what his results are and why he has not yet been killed. Given we have a Jailkeeper rather than a standard Doc, there are many opportunities to catch him out later. If he claimed Cop, I would let him live and re-evaluate tomorrow. Claimed Cops rarely make it to endgame, so this won't be game breaking.

Claiming Jailkeeper is tougher on the town, but is still a provable role in a lot of ways, especially with the roleblocking element to it.

Claiming Vig is blatantly provable and if he fake claimed Vig then he'd basically be making sure the scum kills are directed by the town until he gets lynched.

If he claims Miller then meh, he dies. Probably the same for Survivor.

The only other thing he could claim is Super Backup. While it might buy him a little more time than some of the others, he'll eventually fall into one of the provable power role categories above, leading to the same eventual pitfalls.

So, in short, there are about a bazillion ways to discern if a claim is truthful or not - some of them will come today, some in later days but all give him the opportunity to either prove it or be lynched for lying about it.

I again say that I think you're seeing more danger here than there really is.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:22 pm

d_o what everyone is trying to tell you is it doesn't matter whether his claim is correct or not.

Here are the situations that are possible:

He is townie and claims to be a townie. In this situation he gets lynched and all of us on his wagon get looked at for potential connections to other players on the wagon or in the game as scum.

He is scum and claims to be a townie. He gets lynched and shown to be scum and people who tried to prevent the lynch from happening get looked at.

He is a power role and claims to be a townie. This is the worst thing he could do, and an idiotic play by anyone.

He is a power role and claims to be a power role. He is outed, but doesn't get lynched today, and if he is not the doc he can be protected.

He is scum and claims to be a power role. A counter claim will eventually be had, and then the town will have to decide if they trust bubka or the person who counterclaims more.

He is town and claims to be a power role. I don't really consider this an option, but it is, and would probably eventually lead to his lynch.
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:22 pm

Ebwop: Sarnath'd
-Tyler Durden
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Mert »

Great minds, DoS, great minds :D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”