Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:06 am

Post by Unright »

I think I'm beginning to see why some people hate the random voting that starts off every game.

When townies start doing joking uber-scummy posts, nothing can really be learned from it. And if you can't learn anything from it then it's useless.
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Unright wrote:I think I'm beginning to see why some people hate the random voting that starts off every game.

When townies start doing joking uber-scummy posts, nothing can really be learned from it. And if you can't learn anything from it then it's useless.
how do
you
know the jokes are coming from townies?..
Based on how many people are making jokes, some of them must be town. I'm not discouraging scum from joking around. They can keep on clowning around if they want.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:18 am

Post by Unright »

Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Joking about produces responses. No responses means no info. ;)
I didn't say it didn't produce responses. I said it didn't produce useful responses.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Unright wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Joking about produces responses. No responses means no info. ;)
I didn't say it didn't produce responses. I said it didn't produce useful responses.
it produced this thread of conversation...I, too, didnt like your use of the word "townies", almost implies you know what everyone joking were townies..slip up, this early? Hard to tell....lets move to the pressure stage.

what was your motivation behind letting us know you didnt like the random vote (joking) stage?
You answered your own question for me. I wanted to bring an abrupt end to the joking stage and move the game into the main stage. Jokey self-votes and meta-gaming votes are impossible to analyze. So now that we've all gotten it out of our system, let's actually begin playing this game.

Additionally, I realize that this move makes me a lightning rod for votes. That's fine. I've got no reason to shy away from them and it invites people to judge others on who is using good logic and who isn't.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Well I guess you did indeed end the random (joke) stage....since this stage bothers you, how do you normally start a game? Attack the random (joke) vote stage? If that stage wasnt there, what would you do?
I didn't say that I had a better plan or even that I have a different style. I said I realized why some people don't like it.

Look at posts 19-23. Nekka-Lucifer votes for himself, so Albert B. Rampage and Dragon Phoenix vote for Nekka (with DP listing his reason in quasi-jest(?)), then Battle Mage votes for Dragon Phoenix.

What can be learned from that sequence of events? Absolutely nothing. It's obvious that the voting isn't random, but is it serious? Who knows. The one thing I know is that confusion, chaos, and sarcasm will always help scum more than town. So if I can bring the random (joke) stage to a quick end, then I've eliminated a scum-advantage.

Moving on...
Battle Mage wrote:I'm not sure i like how you latched on to someone elses argument completely in order to validate a BW vote.
Albert B. Rampage is right. JordanA24's suspicion and vote were his own and were first. He wasn't latching onto anyone else's train of thought or jumping on any bandwagons.

unvote
vote: Battle Mage
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:I'm not sure I like how you said townies. I think this is a good place to put an early vote.
Vote: Unright
Seems pretty close to me...I think Jordan was agreeing with me.
So on Post 36 were you agreeing with JordanA24 or re-agreeing with yourself?
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:Unright. I don't think you have grasped the concept of the random voting stage.
Was your vote on yourself truly random?

If so, why did you suggest otherwise?
If not, why do you consider it to be the random voting stage? What reactions were you hoping to observe?
Gage wrote:I gut tells me that if Unright is lynched they'll be green/blue, but my gut is notoriously wrong.
What the hell does that mean?
JordanA24 wrote:Also, self-voting is a very weak reason for lynching someone, even considering doing so is scummy.

Are there any conditions under which it's reasonable for town to vote for themselves?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:When Jordan posted his post he was saying the exact samething I said, I thought maybe since he siad the same thing, my point was missed, so I wanted to reinstate what I said.
Why, though? I already responded to your point in post 31.

Actually, I'm wondering if you missed post 31 entirely since you chose to re-stress your point instead of acknowledging that I addressed your concerns.
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:YES. I voted myself randomly but added a little gimic for the rest of us to respond to.
Help me out a bit... What possible responses to self-voting are you looking for that might lead to a scum-tell? As far as I can tell, the only responses to a self-vote are annoyance, indifference, or amusement. And those derive from the personality of the player, not the nuances of the role that the player has.

What system did you use to obtain your random result?
Also, is it your goal in this game to find scum?
Black Mage wrote:wow buddying up ftl! and even better, you managed to completely misinterpret someone's comments in the process.
gg defensive-you are blatant scum.
I know you said you weren't very good at mafia during the sign-up thread, but I was assuming that you were joking. Maybe you'd like to explain how I misinterpreted ABR's comments?
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Unright »

Battle Mage wrote:This was the post in which you blatantly misinterpreted not only what ABR was saying, but also you completely misconstrued the situation. Its interesting how you don't like it when i point out your scummy play, but don't bat an eyelid when CKD and ABR himself attack you for the exact same reason.
How about we set up a timeline?

29 - Unright: "When townies start doing joking uber-scummy posts..."
30 - CKD: "how do you know the jokes are coming from townies?.. "
31 - Unright: "Based on how many people are making jokes, some of them must be town."
34 - JordanA24: "I'm not sure I like how you said townies."
36 - CKD: "I, too, didnt like your use of the word "townies", almost implies you know what everyone joking were townies..slip up, this early?"
40 - BM: "I'm not sure i like how you latched on to someone elses argument completely in order to validate a BW vote." (to JordanA24)
41 - ABR: "You fucked up, bro. He didn't bandwagon Unright. That was the first vote unright suffered." (to Battle Mage)
42 - BM: "actually, i didnt fuck up. Jordan latched onto CKD's logic (which is always a bad idea)."
44 - ABR: "Wrong again. You called it a "BW" vote, when there was no BW."
45 - Unright: "Albert B. Rampage is right. JordanA24's suspicion and vote were his own and were first. He wasn't latching onto anyone else's train of thought or jumping on any bandwagons."
46 - CKD: "I think Jordan was agreeing with me.

Why are you putting words into ABR's mouth? ABR didnt say that Jordan's suspicions was his own, he only said Jordan didnt bandwagon..."
47 - ABR: "QFT ^ Unvote, vote Unright"
53 - Jordan: "It is pretty close, though I actually did think of my reasons to suspect Unright when I saw that post, looks like CKD got there first though."
55 - Unright: "So on Post 36 were you agreeing with JordanA24 or re-agreeing with yourself?"
66 - CKD: "When Jordan posted his post he was saying the exact samething I said, I thought maybe since he siad the same thing, my point was missed, so I wanted to reinstate what I said."
68 - BM: "ok, so i maybe didnt use a word which you could understand. In fairness, you hardly have any right to criticise my grammar, based on your own. lol" (to ABR 44)
69 - ABR: "This is clearly not a grammar issue, BM. The vague attempt at derailing your mistake with a joke only outlines your clumsiness."
70 - BM: "wow buddying up ftl! and even better, you managed to completely misinterpret someone's comments in the process.
gg defensive-you are blatant scum."
71 - ABR: "Says the fool ^"
79 - Unright: "Maybe you'd like to explain how I misinterpreted ABR's comments?"

Here is everything said that involved my inital "townies" comment. (With some editing for brevity's sake.)

First of all, saying "townies" is not a scumtell. However, it was an open invitation to prod, so both CKD and Jordan were justified in questioning me and look townie for doing so.

Secondly, Battle Mage... You're only sort-of half right. You thought Jordan was latching on and he wasn't, but he didn't clear that up until later on (53). You were also wrong about Jordan jumping on a bandwagon. But you were right in that I misinterpreted ABR's words. I thought he pointed out that Jordan wasn't echoing CKD, but when I did the timeline I found that I was clearly wrong. So, my bad.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:did you ever address why you were putting words in ABR's mouth and I missed it?
The post right above yours (86) in the last paragraph. Literally 5 cm above where you asked the question.
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:
Unright wrote:
Nekka-Lucifer wrote:YES. I voted myself randomly but added a little gimic for the rest of us to respond to.
What system did you use to obtain your random result?
Also, is it your goal in this game to find scum?
My system was me thinking of someone to vote.
That said,
Unvote
. I don't want to be willing to lynch myself any longer :P. Would you?

Any other problems that you wanna ask me, feel free.
Thinking of someone to random vote and "choosing" yourself is not random. You're massively contradicting yourself with every post.

I don't know why you engage in this playstyle. Acting really scummy doesn't help you find scum, it just gives you a cover for whenever you're scum. And the only time I ever played against you, you
were
scum.

Also, I'm finding it really disheartening in general that most of the people high on my suspected scum list are waving around the excuse of "it's my playstyle". That's really lame. Unless I've played with you before, I'm not taking your word that you're always scummy. Especially not in the middle of a Mafia game.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by Unright »

Gage wrote:No, I'm not saying we should just blindly start lynching without information. What I'm saying is I'm used to much faster paced games. I guess I just need to look for games on this site where the mods are going to enforce a deadline if discussion wanes.
The problem is that you have contributed very little to this game in terms of scum-hunting. So far all you've done is self-vote (copying Nekka), agree with Nekka regarding random voting, agree with people complaining about Battle Mage, and complain that there isn't enough discussion.

I think you're hiding in plain sight. And I think you're very scummy.

unvote
Vote: Gage
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:53 am

Post by Unright »

Gage wrote:Battle Mage seems to be throwing around the insults and the votes pretty liberally.
Insults don't mean much. Vote-hoping could potentially be a tell... But why is BM on your list (4 votes) and Albert B. Rampage (4 votes) isn't?
Gage wrote:Unright is just a feeling. I was picking up blue/green from him earlier, but now it has swung a bit if the opposite direction.
I asked you earlier what the blue/green desgination meant. You never answered, so I'm left to assume that you aren't reading the game too carefully. Your "summary" also left a lot to be desired, but I'm wondering how much of that is because this is a different format of Mafia for you...
Gage wrote:I don't mind being lynched. It is better than lynching a vanilla townie because it creates a confirmed green in my partner who I will give you before you lynch me, should you not hammer me overnight. I know that a green/blue lynch should statistically almost be expected (but never hoped for) day 1, so there are definitely worse things that can happen. If we have to lynch someone, better the Mason (Yes, I'm claiming) than the doctor or cop, right? Plus, if the town wins I still win even if I'm dead.
That's still pretty damn fatalist for someone with only 2 votes on them (one of which I think was random). I'm leaving my vote on you until your partner clears you or someone else somehow manages to act more scummy.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:00 am

Post by Unright »

I agree that he is scu
my
. Only the mod knows for sure.

But from my persepective, there is an 85% chance that he's scum.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:01 am

Post by Unright »

Hey Patrick (or Aimee if she's back)
: Could you prod the following players:

mandalorian (last post 10/29)
Kakeng (last post 11/1)
richman99 (last post 11/3)
Sir Tornado (last post 10/29)

Thanks!
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by Unright »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:No he fell into my trap alright. He's scum.
What the hell? A mason acts suspicious as hell, claims at L-2, and I'm supposed to believe him? That's a trap?

I'm not at post 0, but I haven't yet completed a large game. Obviously I'm not understanding the magnificience of your flawless plan. Could you please go into a bit of detail as to why I'm scum?

I'd like to know why you are speaking with such certainty when you are so very wrong.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Unright »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Explain to him.
Still waiting, BTW.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:48 am

Post by Unright »

Bah.. Didn't realize I forgot to do this..

unvote
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:27 am

Post by Unright »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:BM is probably protown. Only an idiot would try to lynch him at this point. *checks VC* Oh yeah...
ouch...that hurts...ummm, why do you think BM is protown? and why are those voting for him idiots?

did I miss a post?
Well, BM did something incredibly stupid (vote for a claimed mason twice). So whether or not you consider him to be scummy depends on how much WIFOM thinking you're willing to put into the situation.

I'm interested in seeing him finish his PBPA, though.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”