Newbie #492 - GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zombie_Woof
Zombie_Woof
Townie
Zombie_Woof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Zombie_Woof »

Vote: Variable

On a completely unrelated note...
Xaivius wrote:while throwing them about like a clown with a cart full of pies.
If I had a cart full of pies, I would eat at least one of 'em right now. I really would like some pie.
Our woal life is a idear we dint think of, nor we don't even know what it is. What a way to live.
- Riddley Walker
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:59 pm

Post by appleof72 »

Variable wrote:
appleof88 wrote:
just for a giggle

people shoud post there scumdars

mine are Golgi- for acting o.t.t on one possible scum tell
and Variable-
for joking in a game of mafia. its just not done
Three boys get arrested at the local zoo for causing a disturbance. One by one, the boys are brought in front of the judge for questioning.

The first boy says, "my name's Tommy, and I was just trying to feed peanuts to the lions."

The second boy says, "my name's Billy, and I was just trying to feed peanuts to the lions."

The third boy says, "my name's Peanuts."

your joke did make me giggle

i did mean that you don't joke about being scum, unless you want to be noticed
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:02 pm

Post by appleof72 »

Variable wrote:
FoS: appleof88
oh and brownie points for only using a FOS instead of a VOTE
when under voting like you are getting, it looks good just not to lash out with lame votes
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:03 pm

Post by appleof72 »

Xaivius wrote:Alright, after some watching of Variable, I'm getting scum vibes myself. Not because of joking, but the fact that he's been fairly OMGUS on his suspicions, while throwing them about like a clown with a cart full of pies. He's distracting from real investigation, and seems to be pushing overly hard on the "oh no, I'm not scum! Really!" button. Seems more backpedaling than innocence.

VOTE: Variable
i'm rather unhappy with this vote, you had been linked with variable and insteasd of showing your dismay at that, you just vote your way out
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:10 am

Post by Variable »

Xaivius wrote:Alright, after some watching of Variable, I'm getting scum vibes myself. Not because of joking, but the fact that he's been fairly OMGUS on his suspicions, while throwing them about like a clown with a cart full of pies. He's distracting from real investigation, and seems to be pushing overly hard on the "oh no, I'm not scum! Really!" button. Seems more backpedaling than innocence.

VOTE: Variable
You
do
realize I've only FoSed two people, right? One was for making up stupid scumtells, and the other was for telling me that humor isn't allowed in this game.

Now I'm getting suspicious of you, because it's starting to look like you may be scum trying to get a bandwagon going. If so, please feel free to keep your vote on me, and if/when I'm mislynched, hopefully the rest of the town will remember this.

:roll:
[color=red]the cake is a lie[/color]
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:57 am

Post by appleof72 »

i have no vote no you just a FOS

i just want to create talk, cos i don't want a to go into night so quick
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Variable »

A FoS on me is fine. The reason I disagree with ("bitchy?").

The only people to EVER make up scumtells are scum trying to get a townie lynched, and townies that subconsciously want a certain person hung, simply to prove themselves right.

As soon as something becomes widely accepted as a scumtell, scum stop doing it. Its existence is negated
by
its existence, if you will. The only statements you can rely on are the ones that are contradictory or can be proven false. The rest of the time, you must rely on actions -- who FoSed/voted for whom, when. To that end, I have no problem being hung as a townie if the rest of the town can accurately determine, based on voting patterns and posts, who the scum are. (Were this real life, I would be a bit more adamant in my defense.)

Therefore, as long as people keep finding "scumtells" in my posts, I'm still going to keep doing them as I feel like.

Let me know when you find something provably untrue or contradictory.

A priest and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and goes, "is this a joke?"
Xaivius
Xaivius
Townie
Xaivius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:04 am

Post by Xaivius »

'm rather unhappy with this vote, you had been linked with variable and insteasd of showing your dismay at that, you just vote your way out
I wouldn't put it as pushing suspicion off. I believe I adequately outlined my suspicions, and made my decision based on the available data. I'm fairly convinced, from his behavior patterns, that V is scum. I am, of course, open to suggestion, but for the moment, I'm curious about his seeming to downplay continuingly more serious accusations of scumminess. I'm not working on a "scumtell," I'm working on an individual analysis.
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:10 am

Post by appleof72 »

Variable, if anything, is doing well under questioning

you voted, when you should of FOS, that to me is scummy
Xaivius
Xaivius
Townie
Xaivius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Xaivius »

you voted, when you should of FOS, that to me is scummy
that to me is scummy
to you, it may seem scummy to be direct and forthwith with a vote. I would be more suspicious of someone who didn't vote if they had a solid case. You are, by the way, now defending V fairly staunchly. Intriguing. Would you be so kind as to explain your thoughts on why V isn't scum, and who you think might be if he is not?
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Variable »

Xaivius wrote:
'm rather unhappy with this vote, you had been linked with variable and insteasd of showing your dismay at that, you just vote your way out
I wouldn't put it as pushing suspicion off. I believe I adequately outlined my suspicions, and made my decision based on the available data. I'm fairly convinced, from his behavior patterns, that V is scum. I am, of course, open to suggestion, but for the moment, I'm curious about his seeming to downplay
continuingly more serious accusations of scumminess
. I'm not working on a "scumtell," I'm working on an individual analysis.

A guy walks into a bar and says "ouch!"

To me, I find nothing serious about any of these accusations; otherwise, I'd be voting instead of FoSing. There is no basis in any of them, as I'm not scum. If you find my responses flippant, then come up with some valid points that I can actually respond to, instead of sweeping generalizations.

Go back and reread what I said about scumtells. It seems to me that despite your opinion, you are finding me suspicious because you
want
to find me suspicious.

Another guy walks into a bar. You'd think he would have seen the first guy.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by Aimee »

Vote Count

Variable (3) -- somestrangeflea, xaivius, Zombie_Woof
appleof88 (1) -- Dead Rikimaru

Not Voting (3) -- appleof88, Golgi, Variable

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:58 pm

Post by appleof72 »

i'm just not ready to go into night voting for Variable gets us no where. it just puts un into night and we lose a townie.

i get curious over the over reaction to Golgi about joking. but so far, hes has not lashed out in voting and only FOS and played the game well so far

i'm not defending him, as the only person you can trust is yourself in a game of scum. i just think he seems like a scape goat for voting and i don't want to see a person voted now. but at the moment if we hit the deadline, we will only be hurt

no townie can win with deadlines

MOD CAN WE POKE A FEW OTHER PEOPLE?
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:59 pm

Post by appleof72 »

oh and X and Golgi are toping my scum list

but only for the pro and against scum tell arguement
nothing new and reall nothing worth voting for
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:06 pm

Post by Variable »

Vote: Xaivius

I have no idea who's posts he's been reading, but they ain't mine.

A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer. "Your hand is on my steak!"
"What?" replies the waiter. "You want it to fall on the floor again?"
Xaivius
Xaivius
Townie
Xaivius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Xaivius »

appleof88 wrote:i'm just not ready to go into night voting for Variable gets us no where. it just puts un into night and we lose a townie.

i get curious over the over reaction to Golgi about joking. but so far, hes has not lashed out in voting and only FOS and played the game well so far

i'm not defending him, as the only person you can trust is yourself in a game of scum. i just think he seems like a scape goat for voting and i don't want to see a person voted now. but at the moment if we hit the deadline, we will only be hurt

You make some excellent points here, especially on the concept that one can only trust one's self. A lot of the arguments that are presented seem to boil down to OMGUS or WIFOM. The greater part of the game seems to be that of talking. I somewhat agree with the deadline comment, as not lynching someone is worse in the long run than lynching someone, as if we lynch, we have a chance of actually getting one of the rat bastages, but at night, they WILL nail one of us.

V, I can itemize the points I have on you, if you like. All I've seen from you is handwaving and saying "None of this is serious." I would postulate that pro-town play would be far more concerned with making sure that another townie wasn't lynched, including one's self. I greatly anticipate your reply.

also, seconding Apple's global poke...

X
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:46 pm

Post by Variable »

Xaivius wrote:
appleof88 wrote:i'm just not ready to go into night voting for Variable gets us no where. it just puts un into night and we lose a townie.

You make some excellent points here, especially on the concept that one can only trust one's self. A lot of the arguments that are presented seem to boil down to OMGUS or WIFOM. The greater part of the game seems to be that of talking. I somewhat agree with the deadline comment, as not lynching someone is worse in the long run than lynching someone, as if we lynch, we have a chance of actually getting one of the rat bastages, but at night, they WILL nail one of us.

V, I can itemize the points I have on you, if you like. All I've seen from you is handwaving and saying "None of this is serious." I would postulate that pro-town play would be far more concerned with making sure that another townie wasn't lynched, including one's self. I greatly anticipate your reply.

also, seconding Apple's global poke...

X
Please, itemize these points. If they're as real as the list of scumtells we discussed earlier, then there's not much I can do to refute them.

All anybody seems to have on me is the fact that I made a joke about the mafia earlier. I'm having a hard time finding ways to reason with people that find that an excuse to lynch me.

After a quick reread, none of your points even seem to apply to me. It's almost like you're reading someone else's posts. Go back and reread what I posted about wanting people to be scum to prove oneself right. It's okay, we all do it.

To clarify, it seems like you want to lynch me for making a joke.

What's the difference between a violin and a trampoline?
You take off your shoes to jump on a trampoline.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by Aimee »

Prodding Xaivius.
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:49 pm

Post by appleof72 »

personaly for me, Variable has done enough to get himself out of trouble. the vote that he has cast works for me, as Xaivius has just spent time having a go at Variable. so i now feel this is in order

Vote Xaivius

You have just stuck at Variable for some time and i feel that you need to work your way out of this vote. lets not forget, you made a joke as well

Xaivius wrote:
Variable wrote:Hrm, not much content yet.

I have a proposal: if the two mafia wouldn't mind stepping forward and announcing themselves, that'd be great. Just a simple "yeah, I'm scum." (Outing your partner as well isn't required, but it
is
encouraged.)

Thanks in advance...

:lol:
I concur. Let's get some scum out here! Quit hiding, you rigatoni-eating kneecappers!
Xaivius
Xaivius
Townie
Xaivius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Xaivius »

People seem to be attributing a lack of humor to my vote, and that is patently not true. I believe that humor is all well and good, but one should make some sort of explanation when the votes start stacking up. After perusing my list, here's what the scumdar pulled up on V:

a continued disregard for his own safety, even at -1
use of OMGUS as a justification for votes and FOS
use of absolute statements "Only mafia make up scumtells."
percieved attempts at defraying a vote.

now, this was enough to convince me to vote. I had some scummy suspicions, which have abated somewhat. If you're not scum, V, then why are you ignoring your peril. If you're not, then the mafia need exactly toilet paper to hammer you. Understanding that, I'm going to pull you out of instant kill range for now, and we'll see what comes up.

UNVOTE

Apple, you are REALLY getting buddy buddy with V. I mentioned it before, I believe, or if i didn't, then that post got eaten by the boards.
TINY FOS: Apple

someone prod golgi again....

hrm... looking at his comments makes me shudder. his first was vauge enough to make the scumdar squeal a bit, and he's staying in the background pretty well.

FOS: Golgi
Variable
Variable
Goon
Variable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Variable »

Xaivius wrote:People seem to be attributing a lack of humor to my vote, and that is patently not true. I believe that humor is all well and good, but one should make some sort of explanation when the votes start stacking up. After perusing my list, here's what the scumdar pulled up on V:

a continued disregard for his own safety, even at -1
use of OMGUS as a justification for votes and FOS
use of absolute statements "Only mafia make up scumtells."
percieved attempts at defraying a vote.

now, this was enough to convince me to vote. I had some scummy suspicions, which have abated somewhat. If you're not scum, V, then why are you ignoring your peril. If you're not, then the mafia need exactly toilet paper to hammer you. Understanding that, I'm going to pull you out of instant kill range for now, and we'll see what comes up.

UNVOTE

Apple, you are REALLY getting buddy buddy with V. I mentioned it before, I believe, or if i didn't, then that post got eaten by the boards.
TINY FOS: Apple

someone prod golgi again....

hrm... looking at his comments makes me shudder. his first was vauge enough to make the scumdar squeal a bit, and he's staying in the background pretty well.

FOS: Golgi
Points 1 and 4 are contradictory.

2. When the reasoning behind voting for me is as unsound as it has been, OMGUS seems about like the only option to use. You dislike my FoSing style?
Come up with some valid reasons to vote for me.

3. Prove them wrong if you disagree.

No joke this time; too tired.
Xaivius
Xaivius
Townie
Xaivius
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Xaivius »

Points 1 and 4 are contradictory.
apologies. Clarification is in order. Point 1 was the disregard of your own safety. Point 4 was the defraying of a GENERAL vote on someone. admittedly, I will say that my reasoning, from this standpoint, is fairly shaky, and it helps to have someone look over it.

point 2 is fairly solid. When the reasoning is bad, OMGUS is just bad form. It can seem somewhat pouty or panicky in SOME situations. Given your reasoning, however, your style seems somewhat more in line with your reasoning. point conceded.

point 3 is going to go round in circles forever, but here's the gist of it. A scumtell is usually a series of patterns seen in scum, from post analysis. Scum do not always make up scum tells, as a townie will do it themselves as a general guideline. An absolute is simply poor form, as it compartmentalizes a bit TOO much.

none the less, I got answered, which I wanted, so I'm content for the moment.

X
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:24 pm

Post by Aimee »

Vote Count

Variable (3) -- somestrangeflea, xaivius, Zombie_Woof
Xaivius (2) -- Variable, appleof88
appleof88 (1) -- Dead Rikimaru

Not Voting (1) -- Golgi

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Golgi hasn't picked up his prod. I am now searching for a replacement.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:08 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I really, really, really don't like this wagon on Variable.
I've seen scum come up with "lynch all jokers" before. (LML on Himalayan Mafia, for example)

I think that the best way to find scum in this game is by looking at how it started and why people on it jumped in. I'm specially interested in hearing from somestrangeflea.

That said, by now:
unvote
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
appleof72
appleof72
Goon
appleof72
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 am

Post by appleof72 »

it is strange and with this deadline in place, i am worried that Variable will be taken with out fair townie justice

only scum can really win with deadlines, i urge one person to unvote Variable

i'm sorry if it looks like i'm getting buddy with V, but i can't have some killed with only 3 votes

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”