House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by House »

In post 839, Grendel wrote:You've underestimated me, and I won't be the one lynched tomorrow.
Might want to wear some lotion to prevent chaffing.

I've got you in my sights and I'll know whether you're scum or dumb very soon.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Grendel »

House wrote:
In post 839, Grendel wrote:Actually House the reason I voted Blankface was a bit of reverse psychology. I only had a Vedith lynch in mind when I made that vote to Blankface. I wanted to see if you'd jump to the Vedith wagon if I voted Blankface. Just to confirm your "lack of faith" in me.
Congratulations. You "discovered"what I explicitly stated. :roll:
Yes, but you’ve also made it known that I can’t take stuff you say or do serous, so how would I know if you’d actually do what you’d say if I didn’t test you?
House wrote:
In post 839, Grendel wrote:I also wanted to see if you were scum finding excuses to incriminate me, so I gave you something easy to gloat over. Something as town you'd over look, or make note of for later, but as scum you'd make a big deal over. Because you must be pretty hungry as scum to find things to incriminate me given that I'm not high on any bodies scum list. Now I know how you feel, and just how much you want to get me out of the game. I'd say you took that bait pretty hard.
And you don't know me nearly well enough to make such a statement.

This is evidenced by your shitty analysis of my answers to your shitty RQS.

Like your conclusions on my answers, your assumptions here are dead wrong.
Well, sorry I didn’t do my hw on your meta before the game started. Woe is me for comparing an individual to a standard. People never do that- oh wait

Pretty much everybody uses a standard when scums hunting to compare what players are doing to what they think typical scum and town behavior is. You’re right I don’t know anything about you, which is exactly why I’m comparing you to a standard. I don’t know you well enough to know what you do as one alignment or another, but I’m not just going to take your word for it. Therefore I’m using an ideal of what I think town, and scum would do, and compared things you did to that. It just so happens that your reactions to things look pretty scummy to me. And I’m seeing nothing that screams town behavior to counter the scummy behavior.

From your perspective you’re saying I shouldn’t scum hunt a player whose meta I don’t understand. By that logic you shouldn’t be able to do proper scum hunting on me B/C you don’t know anything about me. That is backwards logic.

While I could be wrong I really don’t see what I could achieve if I did nothing, or just sheep other’s thoughts. I wouldn’t be making good use of my slot. Also, its p impossible to single out a play style as exclusively bad, everybody is right some day. And I think this is my day, and no berating from you is gonna change that.
House wrote:
In post 839, Grendel wrote:Surprise surprise son, look who is voting Vedith! I knew you'd find some excuse to jump whatever wagon I was on.
Fucking duh.

If you were paying attention at all, you'd know I swapped back to Vedith to nullify cmitc's excuse to not vote.

And if you were as observant as you think you are, you'd know that everything i say has a purpose.

But as you've made painfully apparent, you're not half as observant as you pretend to be.
Yeah, I saw what you said, and I believe it was a front to jump from the blankface wagon to the Vedith wagon.

Did I say I was really observant? No. I usually avoid flaunting positive qualities because I don’t want to give ammo to people who favor making ad hominems over actual constructive content. In any case I don’t consider myself to be particularly observant.
House wrote:
In post 839, Grendel wrote:The question is if you'll jump ship again lol.
Figure it out yet, or do I need to spell this one out for you, too?
C’mon joke master, you know what “lol” stands for.

I think this proves my point that vague jokes can be anti-town b/c they are easily misunderstood, yes?

And no I don’t think you would’ve moved back to Blankface. It would have looked too awkward to be worth upholding that, “lack of faith in my opinion”, platform you’re promoting.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by Dierfire »

D1 FINAL VOTE COUNT

Vedith (7): ChaosOmega, Elyse, Egg, House, cmitc1, Grendel, Masquerade

BlankFace (2): Hoopla, BBmolla
Hoopla (1): Vedith
Elyse (1): BlankFace

No Vote (1): Wake88
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Dierfire »

D1 has ended.

Vedith (Vanilla Town)
was lynched.

N1 begins now. Players wishing to submit actions must do so before the deadline.
Any outstanding prods must be answered by PM. If replacements are needed, the N1 deadline will be extended.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-07-12 23:00:00)
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:14 am

Post by Dierfire »

Seeking a replacement for House

The deadline will be extended until a replacement is found.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Dierfire »

Killthestory replaces House.

The N1 deadline will be extended 24 hours.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-07-13 23:00:00)
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Dierfire »

N1 has ended.

ChaosOmega (Vanilla Town)
was found dead.

D2 begins now.

VOTE COUNT 2.00

No Vote (10): Elyse, BlankFace, cmitc1, Wake88, Grendel, Hoopla, BBmolla, Killthestory, Masquerade, Egg

With 10 players living, a lynch requires 6/10 votes.

TIMER

(expired on 2016-07-24 00:00:00)

NOTES

None
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Hoopla »

It's hard to tell how meaningful Vedith eclipsing Blankface's wagon is. My gut instinct is Blank is town too. There was a lot of movement and stalling between the two wagons, to the point where it seemed like scum didn't care which one died, which implies Blank is town. I think if he were scum, we'd have seen less of a challenge on Blank's wagon and Vedith's wagon would have been piled on more earlier when Blank was faint lynch risk. I find on D1 scum tend to be preventative like that, rather than letting it get to a stage where they need to choose between bussing or deliberately voting a town over an under pressure scum.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Masquerade
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by Egg »

Catching up:
Page 13:
I don't like BBMolla's using defending himself as an excuse not to scum hunt (Post 306).

Post 314 is a good example of why I'm shocked that Rob was a Jake From State Farm alt. Jake was actually a good player. Rob is obnoxiously sarcastic and intentionally dense. It's like he came here just to troll the game. Not really relevant now but it's shocking to me.

Page 14-15:
Pretty sure House was town. He seems convinced Rob is actually scum. He's also trying to advance the game despite the personal BS. I'm looking specifically at where he tells Blankface that it's useless to call the whole thing anti town without giving reads. BBMolla basically echos that, so I guess he gets town points too. Hoopla is probably right about Bbmolla not being able to fake emotions anyway.

Page 16:
Ok, I find myself agreeing with Elyse's Blankface case. He feels like scum who isn't sure what to say because he can't genuinely scum hunt. He's been on site for over a year though. I might need to do a quick scan of his meta to see if he's been scum before. I should also mention I have a weak gut scum read on Wake. Not sure why. It's there though.

Not sure how Blankface thought I had yet to vote at that point. There was a vote count on the top of the page. His reaction to Elyse's vote sucks too.

Pages 17-21:
Sorry, not gonna comment on House vs Rob any more than I have already.

Battery is dying on my phone and it's almost 2AM anyway. I intend to finish tomorrow
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 859, Egg wrote:I don't like BBMolla's using defending himself as an excuse not to scum hunt (Post 306).
I think it's completely valid so whatever
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Elyse »

VOTE: Hoopla
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Killthestory »

oh shit waddup
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:41 am

Post by cmitc1 »

In post 862, Killthestory wrote:oh shit waddup
hey kill, welcome to the game. :]
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Killthestory »

Oh, you're in this game.

Don't play MS like ToS. ToS forums have such a low skill level it's ridiculous. MS forums are actually decent.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Egg »

Page 22:
Grendel, not sure where you got the impression that I felt bad for you or anything. Just anything anyone was saying about "OMG HE DID RQS. SCUM!" is so plain wrong and your motivation for doing it looked so town. I don't want to lynch town for shit reasons so I spoke up. it's not about you specifically. It's about the big picture. That said, I have too many town reads so I'll have to go back and see who is fooling me at some point.

Page 23:
Fully agree with Elyse's continued accusations against Blankface for playing referee instead of scumhunting. And even saying that that's the only thing going on wouldn't work because there is no attempt to read House or Rob's alignment and Blank hadn't shared opinions before any of the BS either.

Not sure if I said it already, but I have a strong meta town read on House.

Page 24:
Grendel, can you explain why Wake's interactions with House and Rob are town rather than just someone who wants to keep the game civil? Also, I don't think House failed RQS. I think he did a typical House thing and answered just to humor you, see what you did with it, and evaluate. I know he didn't really follow up aton, but I think that's why he didn't take it seriously. The thing with Rob probably distracted him from it.

Blankface/hoopla probably isn't a team because Hoopla would probably be more likely to come it with a "let's end the day and lynch vedith" rather than switching up wagons. If Blankface is town, the whole thing is null as it relates to Hoopla.

Page 25:
Wonderful. More BS.

Page 26:
Blatant rolefishing by cmit. I know town of salem is supposed to be more role based than here, but really? Cmit, why did you want to know Rob's role?

Page 27:
Hoopla, I notice five people in the vote count at 2 votes. You said you wanted to see Vedith vs Blank today. Why them specifically? And if low activity is the reason, why not Masquarade?

Fuck. I have too many townreads and Blankface hasn't been one of them but post 665 looks town. He still hasn't given reads and has ignored requests to do so though. He implies he's reading along and just not interested, but I don't see many people uninterested in giving reads so meh. Maybe I'm just trying to justify scumreading him to myself but I dunno. The whole "this game sucks" mentality and wanting to replace out felt town. Scum could sit back and let the game blow up. Which I guess to an extent he's done so meh. He might still be scum, but Masquarade and Cmit are probably better lynches.

Gotta charge my phone before I finish.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Egg »

Page 28:
So I haven't figured out why Chaos died unless it was to frame Masquarade, but these were some of his reads, so maybe I've been on the right track:
:]
In post 687, ChaosOmega wrote:Not interested in voting Hoopla today.

You have any sort of read on Masquerade, Wake, or BlankFace?
Grendel, I'm writing this before reading any response from Elyse or your reaction to it (I type as I read), but if you weren't satisfied with her answer, I can definitely go through House's stuff with Rob and show a bunch of townish stuff from him.

Pages 29/30
Wake wrote:I feel like tickling Egg
I'm not ticklish.

Really though, at first glance, Wake's push to avoid no lynch feels town at first. Only thing is, if he's scum, he wants a mislynch. We already know Vedith was town. If Blankface was also town, scumWake would hate a mislynch just as much as townWake. I almost have to call it null. I'm also noting Hoopla doing the same.

House makes a good point about Hoopla and Wake being on the same page and avoiding interaction. Wake not being in Hoopla's so called town bloc is interesting with that in mind. Throw in the fact that Hoopla seemed to randomly exclude Masquarade from the Blank vs Vedith wagon thing earlier, then again on this Page (Post 729), and this very well could be the scum team (Hoopla/Wake/Masquarade). As much as I don't like Blankface's refusal to give any reads, that's probably my best guess at this point. Oh, I keep forgetting cmit too because he hasn't said much lately. Guess my "too many town reads" problem isn't such a big deal anymore. Strong town reads on Grendel, House, and Elyse is probably a good thing then.

Page 31:
I don't like Masquarade's reasoning for voting Vedith. He was scumreading Vedith earlier, so why not just point to that? Saying he wants momentum on the wagon and something to talk about rubs me the wrong way there.

Two issues with Wake on this page:
1) The reaction to Rob being JK feels fake. It's an unnecessary "oh man we lost a power role" type post and it reeks of trying to seem upset. The "?" to House gets lumped in with this reaction because of the "what did I do" feel it has to it. Like he knows he slipped up but doesn't know where.
2) The hesitance on voting after pushing everyone else to vote Vedith or Blankface feels like avoiding responsibility. It pushes both lynches, but doesn't show up on a VCA.

Page 32:
Hoopla's 780 might be scum hoping to wagon Blankface because the Vedith wagon didn't out a power role. Like she wants a second attempt. I'm not speculating on Blankface's role in any way here, but Hoopla could just be looking for claims in general.

So Cmit missed Grendel's question 3 times, has no update on that reads list, and thought BBMolla was modkilled. What the fuck. Definitely not paying attention. The question is whether he's lost scum or lost town...

Page 33:
I remember Masquarade catching flak for the Vedith vote. My issue there wasn't the vote itself, but the later explanation. Masquarade had Vedith as a scum read earlier. But why the switch to Blankface for being "an ok lynch"? I'd expect strong preference towards Vedith based on Masquarade's earlier posting. It's not consistent and the indifference is yet another reason to think that Masquarade is scum and Blankface is town.

Cmit, why unvote Vedith without voting Blankface?

Elyse's 824 is obvtown.

Page 34:
Wake, if you didn't want Vedith and Blankface pressured today, why were you encouraging people to pick one or the other to vote earlier?

Hmm. Cmit's 831 might be town with a genuine town read on Blankface. This guy is so hard to read, but I think I'm sticking with my Hoopla/Wake/Masquarade team for now.

Vote Masquarade

^I'm most confident here.
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by cmitc1 »

@egg

The main problem I am having is to many town reads in my list ._.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Egg »

Can you remind me what your reads are?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Grendel »

Got home late tonight. Realy tired.

@Egg, your questions are acknowledged and I'll answer them tomorrow.

Unrelated question, but what is the average user age on this site? I feel like I'm younger then most of the people on this site (I'm 19). You aren't all in you mid twenties and thirties are you?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Egg »

It's a pretty wide range, actually. But yeah there are quite a few people in their mid 20s here, myself included.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:01 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 861, Elyse wrote:VOTE: Hoopla
what's your theory, elyse?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:08 am

Post by Masquerade »

@Egg: Vedith was my preferred lynch that's why I jumped him over Blank initially? But my scumread on him wasn't as strong anymore as it was before. IIrc they each had 3 votes and several players were dancing around the wagons. I just wanted to get the game to focus on scumhunting instead of the fighting between Robb, Molla and House.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:35 am

Post by Dierfire »

One
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum