California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:08 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

logicticus: 3 (IH, Sarcastro, Talitha)
Setael/Cogito Ergo Sum: 1 (logicticus)
MrBuddyLee: 1 (Dragon Phoenix)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 (foolinc)
Sarcastro: 1 (MrBuddyLee)

Current Condorcet Winner:
logicticus

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:15 am

Post by logicticus »

Sarcastro wrote:See, this is the point by which I should have gone back and examined Logicticus more closely. Unfortunately, I haven't, and so I'm telling you this so that I have another post with over 25 words. Yay me.
You and everyone whos voting me.

Other than gut feelings, Im not sure what im guilty of. Unless I just breezed past someones post with a case against me, did I?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Right now my vote is based pretty much entirely on your vote on Setael/CES, or, more specifically, the nonsense case behind it. I've been meaning to go back and look at your play on previous days, but I'm kind of lazy.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Setael »

foolinc wrote:I don't know how Oman could be just a possibility if you believe IH is scum. Could you explain this a bit more for me?
Damn. I knew something like that would happen - I kept getting confused by who was replacing whom.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:11 am

Post by logicticus »

Sarcastro wrote:Right now my vote is based pretty much entirely on your vote on Setael/CES, or, more specifically, the nonsense case behind it. I've been meaning to go back and look at your play on previous days, but I'm kind of lazy.
CES has been in my top list since the beginning, if you think his one comment is the one reason that I am voting him, you are wrong.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Okay, then it's just the case, not the vote. Either way, I don't like the argument you made.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Tamuz »

You obviously don't know logiticus's case if you thought his only point was that last one that you pointed out earlier.
So either you are a stupid-town and are just saying that to make yourself look good or you are a bad scumbuddy protecting CES with little warrant to defending him out of instinct.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by Tamuz »

You obviously don't know logiticus's case if you thought his only point was that last one that you pointed out earlier.
So either you are a stupid-town and are just saying that to make yourself look good or you are a bad scumbuddy protecting CES with little warrant to defending him out of instinct.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Or I wasn't paying attention to anything logicticus did
before today
, which is exactly what I've said all along. My vote is based entirely on what logicticus said about CES
today
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by logicticus »

so you admit you are just being lazy then?

but its not just you, there is so little conversation going on right now it disgusts me.

we have to lynch in less than 5 days and i dont know where half the town stands and those that i do, i dont know enough about it seems.

what can we do to get more posting from everyone?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Once again, we have a lot of people who do not vote. Come on, at least put your vote somewhere. Maybe these votes will trigger more discussion.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:43 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I've been out of town for a few days and am reviewing the thread. I appreciate Setael's commitment to the game and will post detailed thoughts on those new comments in the next few hours.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:23 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Liking Setael's entry into the game--I wish CES posted with this degree of clarity. More to come in the next few days... I want to solve the IH problem, among other things.

Vote: Sarc
, Gaspar, IH, Dragon Phoenix, Setael/CES, Talitha, Tamuz, Pooky, foolinc, logicticus, Zindaras
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

This is hopefully one of the only 'too busy to post posts' that I will make in this game. How many days until deadline? Rhubarb.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:58 am

Post by IH »

Logictus wrote:so you admit you are just being lazy then?

but its not just you, there is so little conversation going on right now it disgusts me.

we have to lynch in less than 5 days and i dont know where half the town stands and those that i do, i dont know enough about it seems.

So.... do you think he's scum, or are you just trying to discredit him?

Also how is this not consistent with normal Sarc play?

Ok the weekend is coming up, and I just finished a big history paper that was due today, so I should start my review of the last day or so relatively soon.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:59 am

Post by IH »

EBWOP:Deadline is the 30th I believe, since the day post was made on the 16th.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:24 am

Post by Gaspar »

IH wrote:A better question is, if you think he's a risk,
why
wouldn't you have him on your condorcent? I've been thinking about a Mr. Grey lynch, and I think one of a few of these things will happen.

1.Multiple roles will be crippled
2.We'll go into a happily ever after situation
3.We'll all lose
4.We'll all draw
5.We'll no lynch
6.Mr. Grey will be lynched, and somebody else will become an incarnation of dante.

I find the 6th the most unlikely, and any of the first five to be on equal terms.
Okay, the latter part of #6 piqued my interest. What exactly do you mean by "become an incarnation of Dantes"?

By the way, there's a #7 that you missed. There's probably a #8 as well, and maybe even more beyond that.

Saetel's bringing up the D1 Condorcet debate is interesting -- no, I don't believe I have gone back and looked over it. I was thinking at the time that scum would try to flock onto this debate, because it gives the appearance of contribution without actually hunting for scums.
Mgm is dead town
VitR is dead town
Jeep/BM is dead town
ZZ is dead town
CES and DP are the only ones (other than me) left on the list. DP is fairly high on my list still, whereas CES (now Saetel) is middle-of-the-road.
Obviously I'm still alive... but I know I'm protown. :P

That's something I'll have to think about in the coming days.

I will note that Tally never properly responded to my questions regarding LmL from Post 1369. I let her go at the time because she cited RL issues, but I want to make sure that she's not sliding out of something that she couldn't find a reasonable answer to.

Also, I just realized today that I haven't voted. MBL and Tally are neck-and-neck right now. I expect Tally to give an analysis before the gameday ends. I may switch the two of them based on how the next couple of days go.
I realize I haven't said much about Pooky, Tamuz, or Zindaras. I don't find any of them particularly scummy. I'll have to look them over when I find the time to do so.
IH, Sarc, Foolinc are still protown.
I'm not sure where the logichate is coming from. I feel that this is the sortof ghostwagon on a protown player, and I'll look at who's got Logic secnond-to-fourth on their lists if he turns out protown.
Vote: MBL
, Tally, DP, Saetel, [logicticus, Pooky, Tamuz, Zindaras], [Foolinc, IH, Sarcastro], No Lynch, Gaspar
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:57 am

Post by logicticus »

IH wrote:
Logictus wrote:so you admit you are just being lazy then?

So.... do you think he's scum, or are you just trying to discredit him?

Also how is this not consistent with normal Sarc play?

Ok the weekend is coming up, and I just finished a big history paper that was due today, so I should start my review of the last day or so relatively soon.
im thinking more and more that he is scum. i need to go reread some of his parts for sure, but i have no problem listing him second

vote seteal/ces
, sarc
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:08 am

Post by Zindaras »

logicticus wrote:Why did he self hammer?

I think he was just frustrated and wanted to end the day. He knew there was no way he was gonna talk his way out of it and just wanted to be done with it. I think you guys are overanalyzing the situation.

Now the question about why he said some of those things he did at the end are an entirely different matter.

I am with Pooky on not liking CES' "You guys got lucky" comment. It seperates us from him, us being the majority of the players. Even if I was 100% certain that LML was town and was completely against lynching him and defended him the whole way to no avail and he came up town, I would say "We got lucky." not "You guys got lucky." So I dont buy that defense.

vote CES
Logic, this is all you have against Cessy? Why are you voting him based on a comment like that? Why would scum make a comment like that? What does it even matter? He's right: the lace thing was circumstancial, and that Lee turned out to be scum was lucky. Wesson didn't kill by poison.

I do not see your point, and I don't see why you pushed Cessy based on it.
foolinc wrote:- Moved up Pooky and logicticus because of LACE 2.0 situation.
Please elaborate. What exactly do you think about this?

Tag corrected. - Mod
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Gaspar »

Just a note: I also want Tally to state whether she's done her review of IH's play. If so, what does she think? If not, why not?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Tamuz »

Anyone in that top four is votable to me.

vote: Talitha
[Sarcastro, Foolinc, IH].[Gaspar, Seteal, MBL ], [DP, Logiticus,Pooky, ], No Lynch, Zindaras, Tamuz
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Gaspar »

You'd No Lynch before you'd lynch Zindaras? That's awfully bold. Mind explaining that one, Tamuz?

MBL: What do you mean by "solve the IH problem"?

I haven't bothered to count, but I want to make sure this is 25 posts to keep my gameday quota up. Yay words. <.<
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:14 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Why are you voting Talitha?

I still think Talitha is not scum.

My best reason for that is this post,
Talitha wrote: Pooky is the biggest question mark to me right now. I would love to trust him, but a nagging something is telling me not to. I think it started when LML fingered Pooky as scum... my first reaction was 'Durrr... of COURSE Pooky's scum. WHY didn't i suspect him earlier!' Then i realised that Lee was very likely lying and therefore there was probably no cop result on pooky. But ever since then the unexplained epiphany of that moment has gnawed at me.
I really don't think ScumTali would've come up with a fake epiphany. Color me easy to fool but her remarks seem geniune enough to make me doubt that she would be scum.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Tamuz »

Gaspar, Zindy was like that on my list yesterday and you said nothing about it.

Pooky, like I said I'd vote any of those first four, tally just happens to be the one its sitting at right now, just to give people the rough idea of where my vote'll go, if everything is status quo. I don't know who it'll be on finally, or even when I come back and actually think on it more than just ballparks.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Gaspar »

Tamuz: I didn't notice it before. I was kinda hellbent on getting Grey and MBL killed. I'm trying to do a better job of not tunnel-visioning myself to the point of unhelpfulness.
Now, could you please explain?

Pooky, a few months ago I may have thought the same thing. I've lost some faith in seeing statements as genuinely protown. Also, you stated thatyou "still" think she's not scum -- even though the quote you cited came from her most recent contentful post. What can you point to from earlier in the game that led to your opinion in the first place? (Or does "still" refer to the last page?)

IH: Could you please explain why you suddenly felt the urge to move to Logic? What convinced you that he is today's play?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”