Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:40 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1348, Dwlee99 wrote:Reading is so painful you have no idea.
I will iso dier and see what I think.
Its cute that dwlee is going to actually read. I want to say "SUCKER!" but I stopped myself. Reading is good.
Fire = Lazy.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1331, MathBlade wrote:Prod dodge since MS was down :( Miss you guys :( Let's lynch some scum in celebration of the site being back up.
I will celebrate once we lynch a scum, then I will bring the dragon alcoholic refreshments. Its like normal alcohol, but on FIRE!
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1350, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1348, Dwlee99 wrote:Reading is so painful you have no idea.
I will iso dier and see what I think.
Its cute that dwlee is going to actually read. I want to say "SUCKER!" but I stopped myself. Reading is good.
Fire = Lazy.
Normally I dont rrad when I replace in but there were so little pages and then I tries to read them and got to like page 4 and I wanted to die it was bad times. Then I iso'd the night kill and just looked at his later posting.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 558, Dierfire wrote:With regard to the point that I've been pushing, I did dig up a similarly indirect attack with similar wording (underlined) from karnos in a game that he played as Town.
In post 215, karnos wrote:The way you are jumping at his defense
is rather interesting
, given that Ranger was under the same number of lynch votes and you certainly didn't jump out at the person who put her at -2 L. My understanding is that this game doesn't have Masons. There is no way you could know transcend is innocent, yet you are acting as if you are positive he is.
Very odd
I still think that this is slightly different from his in this game, and I'm not inclined to give a pass to the behavior, because it feels most like the point is to turn aside criticism by threatening a confrontation (his certainly makes it clear that he thinks it unlikely that MechaGoomba actually revealed knowledge of how many Mafia players we have).

A quick (and admittedly somewhat rushed) read through the games mentioned earlier leaves me believing the argument advanced by qubixes in that karnos is playing this game more carefully and cautiously than those earlier games (in which he was Town). In a few instances (such as his comfort with chasing wagons to L-1 in the game referenced above), this might be a matter of learning, but even then he seems to have taken an odd lesson from it in (someone mentioned this already, but the point is that it's strange for him to be worried about being implicated if someone else drove a quick lynch and he happened to be on the wagon).

I agree with qubixes in and disagree with Masquerade in --I can think of reasons why a Mafia player would want to hear more discussion (to buy time to turn the lynch somewhere else, to allow partners to plan night actions) or at least to claim to want to hear more discussion (to appear proactive and therefore Town).

UNVOTE: Kappy
VOTE: karnos
In post 610, Dierfire wrote:UNVOTE: karnos

I've changed my mind; we still have many players catching up, and I don't feel that I have a good handle on what's going on in the last few pages. I'm not ready for claims/lynches at this point.

Expect my return within 24 hours.
In post 642, Dierfire wrote:I'm still not entirely certain what's going on here, but I think that I know enough.

VOTE: karnos

THIS IS L-1 (AGAIN) FOR KARNOS
In post 704, Dierfire wrote:UNVOTE: karnos

He could be lying, and he certainly could be a Mafia Neapolitan, but now that he's locked into a claim we'll have more information to judge his alignment as the game continues (in addition to his results, we can also judge whether Neapolitan is more likely to be Town or Mafia if we see some other Town/Mafia roles flip, or after mass claim).

I'll look at JohnnyFarrar next, and Kappy is still on my list of suspicious characters.
intent to hammer

the karnos dierfire associative tells are real af
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:57 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1347, MathBlade wrote: The main thing is he wants to save Dierfire. It is so obvious to me it is ridiculous.
Seriously it has to be Dierfire/Masquerade/Karnos.
Pure insanity. I see what you are going for, I'm just not positive which way it is.

Scum!dierfire, getting bused, so you want to set things up so you can turn the lynch to me tomorrow.
or
Town!dierfire, getting lynched, so you can claim I was acting from a scum PoV knowing dierfire was town.

F that. I'll hammer if I must just to prove you are full of it.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:12 am

Post by karnos »

Can't risk it.

VOTE: Dierfire

I hope this is a bus.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

:facepalm:
I think you might actually be town from how stupid that was.
God two bad hammers in a row. Dank maymay
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:17 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 1347, MathBlade wrote: Karnos provided no reason why it would be more likely I would be scum except his POV I am scum. Of course that is his POV I have been screaming Karnos is scum the entire game and he wants me discredited. Duh.

The main thing is he wants to save Dierfire. It is so obvious to me it is ridiculous.
Seriously it has to be Dierfire/Masquerade/Karnos.

I force Masquerade to take a stand on Dierfire so they vote them in a pinch.
Then Karnos comes in and says "ooooh look at this shiny. Don't you want it more?"

So blatantly bad it makes my skin crawl.
I agree it looks like a good possibility from the actions so far in the game. I feel like scum would try to be a little less blatant about it though, so I'd think at least one of the names is wrong (and yes I thought Saru could be the less obvious part of the team). Maybe I'm wrong though. In that case scum kind of panicked.

@Karnos: What will your hammer prove?
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:18 am

Post by qubixes »

@Karnos: Risk what?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

@Karnos @Qubixes
What are your reads looking like?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Titus »

Prod dodge not feeling well. Across all games.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:38 am

Post by qubixes »

@Dwlee:

I'm still on the Karnos=scum train. After the hammer on Dierfire, I'm a little worried Dierfire might be flipping town after all. I mean, what's the point of hammering your buddy when there are 2 intents to hammer? I doubt he will get much town-cred for that. To be fair there's not really much point in hammering a town!dierfire either, unless Masq is scum perhaps?

If dierfire flips scum, masq makes a good amount of sense (wingback NK, quickhammer yesterday)

if dierfire flips town, saru maybe? Maybe find someone else outside of masq then.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:42 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I haven't even seen saru post o.O
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1355, karnos wrote:Can't risk it.

VOTE: Dierfire

I hope this is a bus.

This is an atrocious hammer.

The majority of people hadn't responded yet from the site outage. WTF.

I have to go to work now but Karnos tomorrow people. He is probably bussing but if not that was opportunistic as fuck.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:44 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1358, qubixes wrote:@Karnos: Risk what?
A bus.

My town read on dierfire was largely based on MathBlade being scum and pushing the lynch on him. After the last exchange, I'm wondering if it's actually a bus in which case I'd be setup perfectly to be lynched tomorrow after dierfire flips scum.

The lynch seemed inevitable, so holding back and looking guilty as hell in case of a scum flip wasn't worth the risk.

If he does flip town, well at least my instincts were right, but we already had a claim, and we already had intent. The lynch was going to happen whether I hammered or not.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:46 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1356, Dwlee99 wrote: God two bad hammers in a row. Dank maymay
What? How do you know it's a bad hammer when we haven't even seen the flip yet? And if you are so sure he is town, WTF did you give intent to hammer?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1365, karnos wrote:
In post 1356, Dwlee99 wrote: God two bad hammers in a row. Dank maymay
What? How do you know it's a bad hammer when we haven't even seen the flip yet? And if you are so sure he is town, WTF did you give intent to hammer?
even if he flips scum that was a bad hammer you plebian
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Titus »

I woulda hammered due to Dier not catching up away.

It was him or me. I have a cold so Karnos beat me to it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

The site was down. How the hell do you hold that against him?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1351, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1331, MathBlade wrote:Prod dodge since MS was down :( Miss you guys :( Let's lynch some scum in celebration of the site being back up.
I will celebrate once we lynch a scum, then I will bring the dragon alcoholic refreshments. Its like normal alcohol, but on FIRE!
Ooh such a cute lil baby dragon. Drinks on fire happens every night.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

Ugh I am soooo pissed glad I have a 9 am meeting so I don't have to think about this.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1368, MathBlade wrote:The site was down. How the hell do you hold that against him?
He had 24 hours of catching up soon before the crash.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:01 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 1364, karnos wrote:
A bus.

My town read on dierfire was largely based on MathBlade being scum and pushing the lynch on him. After the last exchange, I'm wondering if it's actually a bus in which case I'd be setup perfectly to be lynched tomorrow after dierfire flips scum.

The lynch seemed inevitable, so holding back and looking guilty as hell in case of a scum flip wasn't worth the risk.

If he does flip town, well at least my instincts were right, but we already had a claim, and we already had intent. The lynch was going to happen whether I hammered or not.
But how does a hammer help you in that case? Do you think it makes you look less likely to be scum if Dier flips scum? You said you were trying to hammer him to prove him wrong, right? ("prove you are full of it") It's like you're trying to say that MathBlade is bussing Dier, but hammering him somehow proves that it was not you that was bussing..
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:03 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1359, Dwlee99 wrote:@Karnos @Qubixes
What are your reads looking like?
I don't want to give much detail on my reads because it might give scum a clue as to who I am going to investigate.

If I get killed at night, please just lynch MathBlade and get it over with.

Dwlee: might be scum, not enough posting to say so far. Jury is out.

Qubixes: as much as I disagree with his ideas, I think they are town. Probably.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:06 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1372, qubixes wrote:
In post 1364, karnos wrote:
A bus.

But how does a hammer help you in that case? Do you think it makes you look less likely to be scum if Dier flips scum? You said you were trying to hammer him to prove him wrong, right? ("prove you are full of it") It's like you're trying to say that MathBlade is bussing Dier, but hammering him somehow proves that it was not you that was bussing..
This is what I was responding to:
The main thing is he wants to save Dierfire. It is so obvious to me it is ridiculous.
If not hammering somehow proves I am trying to save a scum dierfire, what would prove that wrong?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”