Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 290, Trivium wrote:"You're right, this is my scum play" Strikes me as scummy. That's a defense. "Welp lynch me" Is the same thing. Defensive scum play. Also the quote change thing seems like he's caring too much about what he's saying and how he's saying it.
This feels like it could be playstyle though, there are a lot of players who will act like this. I overall don't get a feeling of defensiveness from TM.

pacmans defense satisfies me
Out of curiosity- there seems to be an awful lot of people jumping around pointing fingers really early on- but really meaning it, not just to speed things along for clues...is this typical nowadays? It used to be a mafia warning sign...
Hey Tam, how many games have you completed on this site?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 296, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 287, JaeReed wrote:You said he was ignoring him. He proved to you that he has in fact not been ignoring him. You changed your argument to fit the narrative.

Walk me through this please?
C'mon. That's nitpicking my words.

Read and you should be able to see my point.

"Ignore" wasn't a great word to use. "Refusing to give a read" is all I meant. And it's not like he's denying it. He said that the reason he refused to give a read is because there wasn't material on iraonavp.
Yeah this is pretty much the clarification I wanted. Sorry. I prefer to be as clear on things as possible if I'm not sure, and didn't want to lead you to the answer I wanted.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

To clarify about the pacman thing, I feel like the flow of his reads(initial town, doubts caused by my case) + stuff like justifying iraon's stuff as playstyle based vs scummy - this doesn't jibe with what JJD said which was that he wanted people to vote iraon but wanted to keep his hands clean. And the flow of the reads doesnt feel manufactured

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 290, Trivium wrote:"You're right, this is my scum play" Strikes me as scummy. That's a defense. "Welp lynch me" Is the same thing. Defensive scum play. Also the quote change thing seems like he's caring too much about what he's saying and how he's saying it.
This is lazy scumhunting. Why is that more likely to come from scum?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 299, JaeReed wrote:
Nah it's coming off as frustration, which is closer to NAI than anything. If I had to put a lean on it I'd go town. I've seen quite a few town say stuff like that. Usually only once or twice though. The repeating of it is a little weird, I guess.
Normally I'd agree w/ this. But his in particular seem contrived as if he pretending to be frustrated.

Look @ each of those post and tell me if he really has something to be frustrated about:

People aren't really even accussing him of being scum. He's just so quick to jump to "lynch me" when no one is saying to lynch him.
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Trivium »

In post 303, MURDERCAT wrote:
This is a lazy question. I think it's kind of obvious, but I guess I'll elaborate. The quote change posts struck me as if he was thinking too much about how he was putting his words, especially on a post that looked like it was trying to be townie by saying he didn't give a shit what the other person had to say or whatever, which not only is pretty irritating but also LAMIST. "You're right, this is my scum play" and "Welp, lynch me" is the sort of posts that mafioso has been putting out repetitively, in a kind of baiting manner. From all the games I've played, that type of "welp, lynch me" always comes from scum. It's scum trying to act townie by trying to make it obvious that they don't care about being lynched, which while it is townie when done sparsely, if it's repetitive like this it's scummy.
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Tam »

I'm all caught up now. Thanks JaeReed. I'm still not sure what to make of all of that, or if it is anything at all. I'm still a bit tired and marathon read it, but for now I will just point out the bits that stand out to me.

I agree completely with JarJar and am also waiting patiently to hear back from evilpacman about this. I feel it's a bit suspicious.

Accountant seems to have just suddenly stepped in the game and literally gone for the nearest bare throat he saw, and has Iraon locked in his sights. The attack on him seems very direct and very forced somehow. As far as I can tell, the whole suspicion thing on Iraon was just him and trivium bumping heads slightly and he didn't seem to answer things quite right. I have gotten stuck in this trap myself so I agree that he probably just reads formal and maybe a tad awkward, but it could also be nervousness & defensiveness if he is bad. I don't really have a good read on him yet, but I do find it extremely weird that Accountant jumped on him like that and just won't let up. Accountant, can you shed some light on why you are so quick to jump on Iraon? You seem quite eager.

Town Mafioso- I find your entire demeanor highly suspicious, which, oddly, makes me think that that's just your Style, and an excellent smoke-screen for you when you are mafia...I will have to go back and eyeball a few of your games to see how that plays out, but you are either a character player, or I find you very sus...

Accountant- I have played more than 15 games..not sure exactly how many but you are welcome to look up my posts.
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

holy shit you're actually kinda right

Tam: Were they recent games? Cos if they were recent I don't see why you'd be asking about early game aggression
Accountant, can you shed some light on why you are so quick to jump on Iraon? You seem quite eager.
Because I think he's fucking scum and nothing he's said so far has convinced me otherwise

Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Tam »

No, I already said it has been years since i played... so no, they are not recent...none of them...in fact I said that in THE POST YOU ARE REFERENCING...
Tam
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

Oh right lol I usually don't read "why I'm absent" excuses so I totally skimmed over that para

Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Tam »

Hmmm which would make sense if my being sick had anything to do with my not being here for years. But since they are completely unrelated...Wow, good one =)
Tam
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Sorry, I got distracted, continuing to catch up.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 305, Trivium wrote:
This is a lazy question. I think it's kind of obvious, but I guess I'll elaborate. The quote change posts struck me as if he was thinking too much about how he was putting his words, especially on a post that looked like it was trying to be townie by saying he didn't give a shit what the other person had to say or whatever, which not only is pretty irritating but also LAMIST. "You're right, this is my scum play" and "Welp, lynch me" is the sort of posts that mafioso has been putting out repetitively, in a kind of baiting manner. From all the games I've played, that type of "welp, lynch me" always comes from scum. It's scum trying to act townie by trying to make it obvious that they don't care about being lynched, which while it is townie when done sparsely, if it's repetitive like this it's scummy.
Sounds like an NAI playstyle thing to me. I will use fake anger as a tool as any alignment.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 306, Tam wrote:Accountant seems to have just suddenly stepped in the game and literally gone for the nearest bare throat he saw, and has Iraon locked in his sights. The attack on him seems very direct and very forced somehow. As far as I can tell, the whole suspicion thing on Iraon was just him and trivium bumping heads slightly and he didn't seem to answer things quite right. I have gotten stuck in this trap myself so I agree that he probably just reads formal and maybe a tad awkward, but it could also be nervousness & defensiveness if he is bad. I don't really have a good read on him yet, but I do find it extremely weird that Accountant jumped on him like that and just won't let up. Accountant, can you shed some light on why you are so quick to jump on Iraon? You seem quite eager.
This is an Accountant playstyle thing.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 310, Tam wrote:Hmmm which would make sense if my being sick had anything to do with my not being here for years. But since they are completely unrelated...Wow, good one =)
Uhhh given that you put your not being here for years in the same paragraph as your woe is me thing, which I didn't read, that makes total sense

Why are you taking this so personally? Did I touch on a nerve? Something to hide maybe?

Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Tam »

Murdercat- Nice to know. Thanks, I will make note.

I welcome any and all help with people's backgrounds...right now, I mean obviously I will get to form my own opinions soon, and slowly go back and try to vet them out through past games, but for now it's nice to get that type of feedback about the people I find suspicious.

Accountant- I am not touchy about anything..? Just responding to you. I find your super aggressive playstyle kind of funny. For example:

The first words I said in this entire game are "OK, this is my first game in yeeeeears..." before I even mention being sick at all..and your excuse is that you skipped over my 'excuse' so didn't see it...yeah, that makes total sense.

LOL Yes, I find that funny. Ha woe is me? You are kinda funny.
Tam
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

Except that's not what I read. I read:
blah blah TEQUILA blah blah SICK blah blah DEADLINE blah blah CONFUSED blah blah EXPIRED
But my reading habits aren't relevant to the game so let's drop the subject, since we've clarified the issue.
I find your super aggressive playstyle kind of funny.
When you say funny do you mean "haha" funny, "weird" funny or "suspicious" funny? Why does my aggression in particular stand out as opposed to the aggression of other players in the game?

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 272, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 270, Bacde wrote:
vote: trivium

seriously
Just because you think someone is bad doesn't meant they are scum. I understand this vote, but I feel like he's probably town who isn't reading well.
I don't think he's bad???
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 279, JarJarDrinks wrote:I do recall. I'd say my play hasn't changed at all since I've been pretty damn successful playing the way I have.
heh heh
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 281, evilpacman18 wrote:ira is probably the player I've written the most on :?
In post 41, evilpacman18 wrote:iraonavp how many games have you played?
In post 42, evilpacman18 wrote:I would argue that confidence and self-assuredness is everything but a town tell. It's usually either a scum tell or a personality tell.
In post 227, evilpacman18 wrote:
In post 151, Bacde wrote:$5 says both iraonavp and murdercat are town
you're right
In post 228, evilpacman18 wrote: 164 -Accountant, that's why i asked how new iraon is to this game. his tone seems stuffy and formal. but he might just write like that, and it could be misleading in trying to read authenticity of his posts. I haven't noticed anything wrong with his intent.
In post 234, evilpacman18 wrote:Rn i don't think iraon is anything and I don't see much material for anyone else to have a read there. But I would also understand if people read him in either direction
In post 259, evilpacman18 wrote:
In post 249, Bacde wrote:
In post 238, Accountant wrote:ira is far from obvious town
True

Shouldn't Lynch it tho
^^reasonable people
if you can't tell what the thread of my read on him is, I thought he was town earlier on, Accountant pointed out some stuff that I agreed could be a case for a scum read, but I felt like his tone obscures his intent, so I'm just waiting on deciding on that one. Idk why it's surprising to anyone that I think someone who writes kinda strange is the hardest to read in the game, but JarJar is way off the mark to say that he's the only person I've been ignoring.
EPM is town guys stop pushing ppl for having a playstyle you are unwilling to attempt to understand
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 266, Trivium wrote:Accountant strikes town, but not evilpacman. Can't really read much of this, and I have to try really hard not to make up some random BS. The let's lynch xkfyu as a joke thing is really awkward, to the point where I feel like it's scummy, but weirdly scummy like it's trying to be too obvious. I also don't like how bacde brought up a previous game and claimed that jarjar had a grudge on him for being maf in it.
how does anyone think this is town lol holy buckets
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 289, Trivium wrote:
In post 236, Town Mafioso wrote:You know what, youre right

This is my scum play to defend town.

Problem is: im not lynching obvious fucking town in ira/triv.

More accountant votes plz
In post 237, Town Mafioso wrote:Oh fuck its also my meta to go after strong players.

Welp lynch me
In post 243, Town Mafioso wrote:
In post 242, Town Mafioso wrote:Nah.

I just dont give a shit on what you have to say since we are going to agree to disagree
In post 242, Town Mafioso wrote:Nah.

I just give a shit on what you have to say since we are going to agree to disagree
Are we all just going to ignore this?
yes
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 297, Tam wrote:OK, this is my first game in yeeeeears and I got sick this weekend...something about ribs, sun and tequila? Anyhow, I think I beat the deadline. I dunno. I'm confused. The timer I was sent has expired, but I have a message saying midnight tonight...but not sure which timezone at midnight. I am in the U.S.- Central time, so it is 7:30 (or 19:30, whatever floats your boat) here.

Sorry about the delay...I am on page 8 so far. Just wanted to check in!

Out of curiosity- there seems to be an awful lot of people jumping around pointing fingers really early on- but really meaning it, not just to speed things along for clues...is this typical nowadays? It used to be a mafia warning sign...
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

what do you want us to do, talk about the weather?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Bacde »

he's not actually scumhunting thats why his posts come across as lazy scumhunting fyi
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 300, Accountant wrote:
This feels like it could be playstyle though, there are a lot of players who will act like this. I overall don't get a feeling of defensiveness from TM.

pacmans defense satisfies me
Hey Tam, how many games have you completed on this site?
$5 says trivium isn't going to like how you are satisfied with pacman's defense because he was subtely trying to encourage you to push pacman (he was trying to mislynch pacman the townie)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”