Mini Normal 1809: Game Over

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 174, House wrote:I had such high hopes when I saw this player list.

Sigh.
personally i think this wagon is yielding great dividends and you'd be CRAZY not to get involved.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by House »

I've never been advised of sanity.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by House »

In post 176, House wrote:I've never been accused of sanity.
EBWOP

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:02 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 162, Elyse wrote:And then when I called him out on it he realized he fucked up and there's nothing else for him to do. He's caughtscum who needs to hang.
More like he's stubborn.
Not feeling the Molla wagon from such a weak reason.
Anyone else on him? I mean, he has plenty of posts to look into.

And if so, what's your view on his multiple posts of being Mason.
Obviously he's giving different information on them, but what motive do you think he has with it from a scum side (what you believe him to be).
I claim scum \o/
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by Hoopla »

WELL, something has come up and i have to go and take care of it. i'll be back at full capacity in 24-36 hours, and hopefully i can squeeze a post or two in during that time.

ideally i wanted to push bbmolla's wagon a bit more, because he seems to crumble into a beautiful puddle of emotional appeals (which i love btw), and wanted to see who else jumped on board. but i won't be here for a while and don't want things to get too out of control,
given i now believe he is town

his stream of posts from 166-171 was an extremely lucid town meltdown. i genuinely believe him when he says he'll just lie as scum... and i don't think he just goes straight for a self-meta defense as scum, mostly because it's usually my last resort as town too when i feel like people are ganging up on me unfairly - i pretty much don't do it as scum, and i rarely see scum use this defense, just because it does look so fishy to most people.

UNVOTE:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Post by Hoopla »

as an aside to bbmolla, you gots to change up your town meta, because i imagine having to fake this sort of stuff as scum would be extremely taxing

but we can discuss your entry to
the town voting bloc
upon my return

anyways peace
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:13 am

Post by Elyse »

I don't share Hoopla's townread on Molla but I'll back off since it seems like no one else sees what I see.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:14 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 138, Masquerade wrote:
In post 49, ChaosOmega wrote:VOTE: Masquerade

Nothing to comment on so far?

cmitc: What/how much experience do you have with mafia elsewhere?
I probably had but I was in a hurry so I didn't.
And now that there's more time for you to clarify, you don't. Well that's useful.
In post 138, Masquerade wrote: Grendel entrance post. There's plenty already to comment on, why try RQS instead of just reading the previous 4 pages?
Seems hypocritical to push someone for not commenting on the previous pages when your entrance post didn't comment on the previous pages, either.

You came into the game where there was already a discussion happening, and you posted no content and voted a player who hadn't posted yet or had any votes on them. It screams like you wanted to fade into the background.

The rest of your post is a wishy-washy analysis of Hoopla and other not useful things.
In post 138, Masquerade wrote:For now I still like my vote where it is
I'm hurt, truly.

Your only comment about me in your post is agreeing with House's post 54. Post for reference:
In post 54, House wrote:
In post 53, Robbnva wrote:Image
penny for your thoughts house
I just thought the supposedly inconsequential correction might have actually been maybe not so inconsequential.

Why edit "ya," out when it's common to say stuff like, "ya, I have experience elsewhere"?

Nothing to really push on, on its own. Just... interesting, and makes me want to watch both Chaos and cmitc.
Please explain why you agree with his post that both of us should be watched due to our exchange from to .

Also, who is your biggest scumread in the game that isn't me?
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 181, Elyse wrote:I don't share Hoopla's townread on Molla but I'll back off since it seems like no one else sees what I see.
Wait, why would you back off your scum read?
Surely you would want to convince us right now? Or are you happy to lynch outside of your scum reads?
I claim scum \o/
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:13 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 179, Hoopla wrote:ideally i wanted to push bbmolla's wagon a bit more, because he seems to crumble into a beautiful puddle of emotional appeals (which i love btw), and wanted to see who else jumped on board. but i won't be here for a while and don't want things to get too out of control, given i now believe he is town.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:21 am

Post by Egg »

Weak as fuck Page 1 scum reads:
Wake - Seems excited
Vedith - Basically copied Blank but changed the name then buddied Cmit
Cmit - Overly friendly and then called Hoopla's reaction "strange" without a vote or further thoughts
Hoopla - That reaction to BBMolla.
Rob - Over reaction to Elyse's vote on him.
^Yes, there are five. That's ok because I highly doubt I'm scumreading all five when I finish reading.

Now, progressing past Page 1, I like Rob's questioning Cmit for that comment about Hoopla. And I notice Cmit appears to be calling it scummy and still hasn't voted.

Hoopla's tone seems to be intentionally trying to get people to town read her. I see Rob noticed this as well. I guess Rob can be crossed off my original list for now. BBMolla is spot on about Rob. He's town and his Elyse vote sucks.

Cmit might just be misguided newbtown. The "everyone is confirmed scum" reads list might not be something newbscum would do.

Vedith's reaction to Hoopla's town bloc is town. I'm left with two weak scum reads (Wake and Hoopla) and no strong ones yet.

I'm only through the first two pages. Will finish this evening.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:25 am

Post by House »

Not keen on the way you give multiple reasons to scumread cmit, but write them off on a trollish readslist.

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:30 am

Post by Egg »

Meh, those reasons were weak and easily explained by "meh, he's new". Like maybe he's just not aware that voting Hoopla is pretty standard if he thinks she's scummy on Page 1. Or maybe he just wasn't sure of himself. It probably makes more sense than saying he's scum who doesn't want to vote because it might look bad.

Also want to point out that I'm not "writing off" him or anyone else. Just saying it makes more sense for him to be newbtown than newbscum so far.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:30 am

Post by Robbnva »

My reaction was perfectly fine thank you
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:33 am

Post by House »

In post 187, Egg wrote:Meh, those reasons were weak and easily explained by "meh, he's new". Like maybe he's just not aware that voting Hoopla is pretty standard if he thinks she's scummy on Page 1. Or maybe he just wasn't sure of himself. It probably makes more sense than saying he's scum who doesn't want to vote because it might look bad.

Also want to point out that I'm not "writing off" him or anyone else. Just saying it makes more sense for him to be newbtown than newbscum so far.
I didn't say you were writing him off, and I don't know how you interpreted my post to mean that.

I said you wrote off your own reasons to scumread him based on a trollish readslist.

Why would you do that in the same post? I could understand a followup post negating a previous impression, but conflicting thoughts in the same post... mehhhh.

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 132, BBmolla wrote:
In post 119, Grendel wrote:Why can't I engage with somebody if I like/dislike their answer to a question? Does that not count as interacting?
Grendel what's your favorite TV show?
I figure you are mocking me, but I’ll bite anyway.
I like the Twilight Zone. You?
In post 147, Robbnva wrote:

Now let me ask you questions.

1. How many games have you played of Mafia?
2. Why did you join this site
3. Why are your thoughts on list reads?
4. What are your thoughts on townies lying?
5. whats your favorite kind of pie?
6. Ala mode or no ala mode?
7. Will you vote molla with me?
1. This is my sixth game of mafia, specifically the third on this site.
2. I wanted to try some games that weren’t role madness for a change of pace.
3. Reads lists are cool, and I make use of them, but I usually wait until nearing EoD before posting anything really in-depth.
4. I don’t like it when townies lie. It is such a hassle to get things back in order when lying town is exposed, and typically the reaction results, or gambiting, (or whatever reason I guess) rewards aren’t enough for to compensate for the risks. So I avoid lying as town.
5. Apple
6. That’s ice cream right? If so, yeah, Ala mode is fine.
7. But he claimed Mason. If somebody claims a role that is easy to prove/disprove I’m inclined to believe them. As far as Masons go if one is cleared it clears the other by default right? And it works the other way too as far as incriminating goes. So that makes this a horrible gambit if they’re scum. Therefore I think Molla, and House is Masons. Which means I think they're town. I'm not gonna vote town.

In post 138, Masquerade wrote: Grendel entrance post. There's plenty already to comment on, why try RQS instead of just reading the previous 4 pages?
Well mask, I had irl time limitations yesterday. I felt I had to justify why I think RQS is good, otherwise it would look like I was ignoring others opinion, which would be rude. I would have said more about the game state if I’d had not been so occupied yesterday. As for why I opened with RQS, it is because I thought it got a good result the first time I tried it, so I wanted to try it here. Maybe it would have been better if I did it right off the bat, but I wasn't here for the first four pages. How are you doing though, post 138 is the only time you said anything thus far, how have your feelings changed since?

Where did cmitc1 claim he was a newb? I’ve seen a couple people refer to him as such, but the only response to this from the man himself is, “I have some experience”. I get that this is his first game here, but he doesn’t need that big a crutch does he?

Going off the answers so far I feel I should edit question six to it is mandatory to pick a trust. -.- But, given only three people are working with me on this I’m thinking I’ll end up dropping my RQS. Anybody else want to humor me?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:18 am

Post by House »

In post 190, Grendel wrote:Therefore I think Molla, and House is Masons. Which means I think they're town. I'm not gonna vote town.
Lol. We're not
actual
Masons. It's really game joking.

True Masons would not claim in the first post of the game because it makes them an instant target for night kills.

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Grendel »

@House I just finished reading the links and I realized that it was a joke. I'm a derp.

Is Molla always so mean? He comes off as really rude in a lot of his posts this game, and in the ones he linked.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Grendel »

*the links in post 170
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:32 am

Post by House »

In post 192, Grendel wrote:Is Molla always so mean? He comes off as really rude in a lot of his posts this game, and in the ones he linked.
Idk, I mainly remember him from TitusMeet. He's cool as hell in f2f.

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Grendel »

Mmm, I guess I just suck at reading tone, and or I am taking him too seriously.

I suppose I'll reread the thread since I'm not recalling things well.

I seem to be having trouble getting into the sprit of things this game, shrug.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Egg »

Ok, picking back up on Page 3.

Cmit saying he has some mafia experience makes that voting hesitance an issue again. Massclaim question is also weird, but not necessarily scummy. Could be scum trying to figure out when he needs a claim. Could be town whose offsite experience revolved more around roles than day play.
Cmit, what site did you play on before here?
<- Answered. Never heard of it... His later posts seem to suggest it's that kind of site though. I'm still on the fence but leaning town.

Hoopla, why was Cmit's question "incredibly town"?

Hmm. These BBMolla votes (Rob and Elyse) look like wrong town. Scum might jump on though so I'm watching for that as I read more. If they don't, maybe BBMolla actually is scum, but not for supposedly suggesting massclaim because that's not what he was doing. His frustrated reaction surprisingly is reading town to me though so...yeah.
Grendel wrote:1) Do you prefer to play as Town, Mafia, or Independent?
2) What is your favorite role?
3) What are your strengths as a player?
4) What are your weaknesses as a player?
5) Do your strengths and weaknesses change with your alignment? 
6) Do you believe in having a D1 trust/buddy? If “yes” who here would be your D1 trust/buddy?
 7) What is the story behind your current avatar picture?
Meh, probably useless but I like answering stuff.
1) I like being town power roles or self aligned. I kind of suck at not giving off associative tells as scum, but I'm good at looking town.
2) Either a town investigative (Cop or Tracker probably) or SK.
3) Looking town and I think I make good choices with night actions.
4) Keeping active when RL is busy and being read as scum as a result. I also get emotional when people scum read me.
5) Ummm. No, I don't think so.
6) No. There are players who are hard to read and are good players (House, Hoopla, and BBMolla fit into that category in this game) and I don't think I'd pursue their lynch Day 1 unless I'm really confident in that read. I mean, I might, but I'm less likely to.
7) It's an egg.

The RQS refusals are interesting. Here are my thoughts on them:
-Rob seems to have a very strong opinion against answering. I remember someone saying scum don't like to answer because it could give them away or something. (Found it. Mini 1620. Thesp said people who aggressively refuse are scum. He tunneled my scumbuddy for this) I've found it more likely before though that scum go along with the cool thing to do which tends to be answering although maybe their answers are short "yes" and "no" types. I'll keep Rob in mind at least.
-BBMolla seems to have a mindset about RQS that was established long before this game. That makes his reaction pretty null.
-And I'm back to cmit again. It's interesting because we got refusals right away rather than the typical answers and Cmit came right in asking how it was useful and seemed to be acting like it was an original thought. He also quoted Rob though which I'm not sure if that was intentional or not but it shows he had Rob's refusal in mind before stating his own. Not a fan.

Grendel, BBMolla is right. RVS votes usually aren't truly random. I personally don't RVS very often though so what do I know?

Through Page 5. Phone battery is low. I'll finish when it charges some.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 183, Vedith wrote:
In post 181, Elyse wrote:I don't share Hoopla's townread on Molla but I'll back off since it seems like no one else sees what I see.
Wait, why would you back off your scum read?
Surely you would want to convince us right now? Or are you happy to lynch outside of your scum reads?
:igmeou:
Obviously I'm not happy to lynch outside my scumreads. These are terrible questions that make you look like you're scumhunting when you're not.

I'm not going to continue with my "BB lied and is scum" case because multiple people are saying he's stubborn town. It's a black and white thing that I can't really convince people on. Either you think he's lying scum or frustrated, stubborn town. Continuing that line of attack is useless. I'm going to pursue him in other ways if he continues to be scummy.

Scumread on Vedith
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 196, Egg wrote:Found it. Mini 1620. Thesp said people who aggressively refuse are scum
Ha ha this made me laugh actually
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Dierfire »

Bump

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”