California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Sarcastro wrote:And what I have a problem with is that Gaspar just pulled the FoS out of nowhere. I don't really see how it automatically looks scummy. I understand the question completely, but the FoS just seems like an odd gut reaction to have, along the lines of the "this is weird so it's scummy" thought process I hate so much.
How did it "come out of nowhere"? Saetel replaced into the game and immediately made analysis based on an assumption (LmL's alignment) that every other person either didn't make or made completely differently (him being an SK rather than a Mafia member). As I said, it implied that she had inside information or she wasn't paying attention. The reason it was simply an FoS is because I wanted to bring it to attention and have Saetel explain exactly why she chose to believe that LmL was part of the Parisian Mafia. I don't understand how it
couldn't
raise a flag. Many of her points were based on LmL-X interactions, but if LmL operated solo, those points are invalid.

I feel that this is absolutely worth probing, and I'm actually baffled that you take issue with such an inquiry. Looking at Saetel's reaction, I am leaning towards thinking that it was an honest mistake now. Nevetheless, bringing it up got me the reactions that I needed to see. And if Saetel is legit, it prevented her from reading the thread under a flawed assumption, as she just pointed out.

Sarc:
Do you feel that there was a downside to pointing out the flaw?
Why did you state that I automatically concluded she was scummy based on it, when I clearly stated that it was possible she just wasn't paying attention?

Saetel:
What alterations do you have to your early-game notes based on the last page's happenings?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

You've missed the point, Gaspar. As I said, I don't have a problem with what you said, I have a problem with the
FoS
. To me, the natural assumption would just be that Setael didn't realised that LML was (probably) an SK. Yes, the possibility of inside information would occur, but my reaction would not be an FoS.

I don't see why you'd need an FoS to bring it to anyone's attention. And "automatically looks scummy" and "acknowledges that it's not definitely scummy" are not mutually exclusive. When your first reaction is to FoS someone, that looks like your assumption is that it's scummy, whereas I think the correct assumption is just a question asking if Setael realises that LML probably wasn't part of a scumgroup.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:10 pm

Post by foolinc »

- Moved up Pooky and logicticus because of LACE 2.0 situation.

-I'm also still weary of the stuborness of Pooky during the whole LML Lace thing. His convictions didn't seem logical considering all the questionable variables involved.

- MBL moves up after rereading his posts. I find that his 26th post seems too strong and his 33rd post is very interesting considering VitR's was nightnkilled.

- I'm also still ok with a Mr. Grey lynch, espically since LML came up as a role that doesn't look like could have made a daykill.

Vote: PookyTheMagicalBear,
MrBuddyLee, Mr. Grey, Talitha, [Tamuz, logicticus, Setael], [Dragon Phoenix, Sarcastro], [Gaspar, Zindaras, IH], no lynch, foolinc
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:35 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

My convictions?

Did you see me want to lynch LoudMouthLee before he went selfdestructo in the game?

Did you even see me propose a lynch of Lee?

P.S give me a good reason why we should hit Mr. Grey for our lynch given that he's yet to make a daykill on day 4.

How often do you think GreyDaySK kills?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:23 pm

Post by foolinc »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:My convictions?

Did you see me want to lynch LoudMouthLee before he went selfdestructo in the game?

Did you even see me propose a lynch of Lee?
No and that's kind of the point. I could understand if you were suspicious of him the whole game and the LACE stuff was the straw that broke the camels back. However, your whole basis was the LACE argument.
P.S give me a good reason why we should hit Mr. Grey for our lynch given that he's yet to make a daykill on day 4.
He showed in the voting up the moment of the Xzzyz day kill. It a gut reasoning, but I really don't like the fact we can't ask him questions either. He's basically perma-lurking.
How often do you think GreyDaySK kills?
I have no idea how often GreyDaySK kills.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:56 pm

Do you believe the rate of the daykills indicates that we are dealing with a daykilling SK moderator?

If so do you believe it is significant enough for us to use a lynch on him?

My whole basis for what? Did you think I wanted him to be lynched at the beginning of my attack on him or not?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:14 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

logicticus: 2 (IH, Sarcastro)
Setael/Cogito Ergo Sum: 1 (logicticus)
MrBuddyLee: 1 (Dragon Phoenix)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 (foolinc)
Sarcastro: 1 (MrBuddyLee)

Current Condorcet Winner:
None. Current Smith Set: Setael/Cogito Ergo Sum, Dragon Phoenix, Gaspar, IH, logicticus, MrBuddyLee, PookyTheMagicalBear, Sarcastro, Talitha, Tamuz

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by Talitha »

Foolinc - What specifically makes you think that LML couldn't have made a day kill? I'm really curious because it's not obvious to me.

I am REALLY busy with work at the moment, it's the country gala this weekend. I am still hoping to finish reading the thread with time to spare before this day ends.

From what I've read so far, I'm actually pretty content with my condorcet as it is for the first two places (Gaspar, logisticus), but I'm still trying to decide whether IH deserves spot 3.

Pooky is the biggest question mark to me right now. I would love to trust him, but a nagging something is telling me not to. I think it started when LML fingered Pooky as scum... my first reaction was 'Durrr... of COURSE Pooky's scum. WHY didn't i suspect him earlier!' Then i realised that Lee was very likely lying and therefore there was probably no cop result on pooky. But ever since then the unexplained epiphany of that moment has gnawed at me.

Anyway he's not going to be at the top of my condorcet today, I need something more than Lee's lies and my weird reaction to go on.

Having seen a new vote count on previewing, I am going to try and get a good old fashioned bandwagon rolling.

Gaspar,
vote: logisticus
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:44 pm

we demand pictures btw.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:45 pm

Post by Talitha »

Of the gala? No prob. :)
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:48 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Well, I have done a re-read of the last few (real) days. As I expected, I find nothing new coming up that makes me change my mind from my previous vote and condorcet.

I still don't think there is any reason why we should go after the mod at this stage. That may change if we get another day kill though.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:36 am

Post by IH »

Talitha wrote:Foolinc - What specifically makes you think that LML couldn't have made a day kill? I'm really curious because it's not obvious to me.
If I may, I want to answer this if Foolinc doesn't answer sufficiently, as I'm unsure what you're trying to do here.

DP-

You say you don't want to change your condorcent, and I've seen another question of why we should "waste" a lynch on him.

A better question is, if you think he's a risk,
why
wouldn't you have him on your condorcent? I've been thinking about a Mr. Grey lynch, and I think one of a few of these things will happen.

1.Multiple roles will be crippled
2.We'll go into a happily ever after situation
3.We'll all lose
4.We'll all draw
5.We'll no lynch
6.Mr. Grey will be lynched, and somebody else will become an incarnation of dante.

I find the 6th the most unlikely, and any of the first five to be on equal terms.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I find the 5th most likely. And I do not consider him a risk, hence he is not on my condorcet. Like I said, if we have another day kill I will probably change my mind (especially if I am the victim... =D )
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:07 am

Post by logicticus »

I was hoping we put this Mr. Grey thing behind us. The only piece of evidence is that Grey can be put in our lists...thats it! There is nothing else pointing to him being a killer at all.

So unless something comes up that points to him, I think lynching him will just result in a no lynch and a waste of time.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:08 am

Post by logicticus »

foolinc wrote: Moved up Pooky and logicticus because of LACE 2.0 situation.
Theres a situation?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Tamuz »

Hmmmm.... I think DP is implying that he is Modkillproof in post 1437., obviously a scum tell.

On a more serious note, my reads are all fucked to hell now. I still don't like foolinc, he just keeps pinging and pinging me, but the claim is decent (albeit the flavor is a bit sketch).

Uhh the attack upon Pooky is stupid in my mind. Honestly he (and others) did not attack LML purely for the lace thing (which has been said). Lml was wagonned due to his reactions and backing into a corner and snarling viciously with all his mass murderer fangs.

Tally's bandwagon vote makes me very uneasy. there really isn't anything there with it.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:56 am

Post by Talitha »

Tally's bandwagon vote makes me very uneasy. there really isn't anything there with it.
I know, right? But the fact is we are on a race against the clock, and
someone
is going to be lynched in a matter of days. I am still building my case against my top suspects, but that doesn't change the fact that the town should be moving forward and gathering as much information as possible.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:26 am

Post by IH »

No Tamuz. There was a bandwagon against Lee for that. Pooky was not on the bandwagon because of that.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by foolinc »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Do you believe the rate of the daykills indicates that we are dealing with a daykilling SK moderator?
No. What I am saying is that it's a good enough possiblity that we need to consider it. I also said that I won't mind him as a lynch, not that it was optimal. I still can't answer the question of why he showed up right after the daykill.

Edit: IH might have indirectly come up with an answer for this question:
IH wrote: 6.Mr. Grey will be lynched, and somebody else will become an incarnation of dante.

I find the 6th the most unlikely, and any of the first five to be on equal terms.
It's a bit farfetched, but if this is how it works, then maybe Cubs actually thought he was Dante because he was possessed by the spirit of Dante, was the active incarnation of Dante, or something along those lines. Then when he was lynched, Dantes spirit was moved on too Mr. Grey, making him a votable player. That would also explain how he had the dueling power a lot better than his role in real life was a boxer as a young man.

My whole basis for what? Did you think I wanted him to be lynched at the beginning of my attack on him or not?
Going from your first post:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:What caused you to capitalize Xyzzy's name in that instance?

What caused you to capitalize the word lace?

don't play us for fools, it could be easily possible that your poisoning ability is a one shot thing.

You like the word lace? Cite one instance of youu using that word in that context before using it to describe what you would do to Skruffs.

I'm very concerned about this "coincidence"
From this post, in my own opinion, I feel that you have already passed judgment on Lee and that no matter what he did to defend himself, you were going to find a reason so that it wasn't good enough. Which actually happened when Lee linked us to his old blog.
Talitha wrote:Foolinc - What specifically makes you think that LML couldn't have made a day kill? I'm really curious because it's not obvious to me.
1. Wesson's real life actions suggest, to me anyway, that he wouldn't be able to daykill. He didn't use poison nor did he kill in the open.
2. I feel that LML reaction was more of a "I can't believe I'm going to be lynched for some incorrect reason" than "I can't believe I got caught." I also think that an experienced player like LML would have put up a better defense if that was how the kill was going to be made.

IMO, if LML was the killer, then we must consider LML claim of having multiple one shots as truth.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:41 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Tamuz wrote:Hmmmm.... I think DP is implying that he is Modkillproof in post 1437., obviously a scum tell.
This seems really really silly and awkward.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:48 pm

Post by Tamuz »

yeah

It wasn't serious
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:53 pm

Post by Zindaras »

It did look serious, and it wasn't really funny either.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Setael »

Ok I'm up to p. 18 and I'm going to post what I have so far. Rereading the first several pages, I did indeed change my mind about almost everything since I had been looking for interaction between LML and possible scum buddies. There isn’t nearly as much meat in the first few pages if LML was an SK rather than part of a mafia team. Disregard my first post.

Though my predecessor FOS’d him for it, I agree with Vitr’s post 151 that “It kinda feels like DP pushed the disagreement between jeep and him to the point where he could accuse jeep of something. It is essentially a strategy disagreement. The accusation of "backpeddling" seems an attempt to turn that into more than it really is.”

Foolinc and DP could be scum after Thesp’s 160. Thesp points out something he disagrees with foolinc about but doesn’t include him in his top 6 scums. Says he likes DP without giving any reasons.

Oman 176 looks scummy - opportunistic skruffs vote; seems to be working hard to give enough supplemental reasons to existing case to not look scummy

Zindy 182 looks town; also likely town because jeep (BM) was NK'd night 1 - too much negative between zindy and that role for him to NK it

DP's thesp comment in 231 looks scummy; skruffs makes some good points against DP in 264 –
skruffs wrote:You are voting me, and if I come up innocent, Cubs is very likely scum. But you didn't address, what if I come up scum, as you seem to be so sure I am (based on your votes)? Does that make cubs likely innocent? It's not hard for me to theorize that you only did one half of the equation because you already know I'm not scum. Error of omission.
298- I can see IH being scum after his intro to the game. Replacing in when he did, scum would not want to support the Skruffs wagon. Rather, they’d treat it just like IH did. He also seemed to be careful about Thesp. Everything he said about Thesp could be expected from a scumbuddy. Also in this post, based on the fact that he doesn’t say a word about foolinc but then lists him as scum, I would guess that foolinc was thrown in for distancing and is also likely scum with IH.

304 – tamaz makes a good case against foolinc. Right after, Talitha draws him out in conversation about her condorcet. Possible distraction from foolinc case but could be she just wants to defend against this before it blows up. Then in Post 330, IH attempts to blow it up. Throws suspicion on both Talitha and cubsfan. Can definitely see IH's post here as distraction from foolinc. It worked since the foolinc case was pushed to the background.
Post 345 – If IH is scum, Pooky probably isn’t. “Is anyone else having a deep unsettling suspicion of IH right now?” doesn’t look like bussing.

349 foolinc player analysis is very off from my read of the game. I can see a possibility of foolinc – IH along with Thesp scum group.

BM’s entry into the game. Makes a point about DP I hadn’t noticed: “Interesting to see the numbers jumping to the aid of DP, despite the early stage of the game. Xyzzy is among these in post 156.” I need to go back and look more closely at that.

384 IH oh so helpfully clarifying the game, and not posting any actual game content.

I agree with Adele’s post 388 and subsequent vote on DP. After the discussion regarding the possibility of a 2nd mafia family, DP comes off looking scummy. BM, logicticus and Zindaras’ posts commenting on it look Town, especially in comparison to Thesp's reaction to the same argument.

IH’s 400 is scummy. Attempts to discredit Adele and throw suspicion on BM.

Gaspar’s entry post (401) was remarkably pro-Town. He made two statements I don’t see scum making.
gaspar wrote: I would strongly suggest that, later in the game, players come back and revisit this entire debate. Obviously, I don't yet know what it'll lead to, but I can pretty much guarantee that it will have some Good Information when all is said and done. I'm not sure whether that information will come out until we've seen some bodies, but this is the sort of stuff that people should absolutely pay attention to when looking back on Day One.”
I am interested to see if Gaspar pointed back here later in the game once there were a few bodies lying around.

Also
gaspar wrote:An extension of the above point, forcing scum to constantly list all of their top suspects in order limits their ability to suddenly or strategically launch a new attack on a different player. While it does not completely eliminate this possibility ("I just did a re-read on Adele's posts, and I find her to be scummy for these reasons...."), it forces scums to keep up some similar threads of thought/suspicion from the very start of the day. It's *MUCH* easier to catch flip-flops and inconsistencies if we have repeated detailed lists of suspects.
Based on where I'm at so far, players most likely to be scum are DP, foolinc, and IH with Oman as a possibility but that's not as solid. Not going to vote until I've finished the thread.

Unvote
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:57 am

Post by foolinc »

Setael wrote: Based on where I'm at so far, players most likely to be scum are DP, foolinc, and IH with Oman as a possibility but that's not as solid. Not going to vote until I've finished the thread.

Unvote
I don't know how Oman could be just a possibility if you believe IH is scum. Could you explain this a bit more for me?

Total side note: It looks like the nine games off cooled the Rockies off.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Sarcastro »

See, this is the point by which I should have gone back and examined Logicticus more closely. Unfortunately, I haven't, and so I'm telling you this so that I have another post with over 25 words. Yay me.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”