somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

Numbering 1-23, top to bottom, skipping out myself and the dead...

Original Roll String: 1d23
1 23-Sided Dice: (21) = 21
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:14 pm

Vote: Dr. Christchurch

You can't argue with dice...
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:50 am

Apologies for recent inactivity. It's been a frantic weekend, and I'm going on an away for a few days. No idea how active I can be when I'm gone, but I'll be back on Friday.

If I need to be replaced, so be it...
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:00 am

Severe apologies for the inactivity. Real-life has just been beating me around the head and removing my teeth...

Unvote
, for 'twas random.
kabenon wrote:Also, in response to theopor, I am waiting for one of them to die in some fashion, that way we can see just how their pms are worded, and if it is possible they hold noteworthy roles.
Uhm, what makes you think we'll see their PMs? The full role PMs of Players don't get revealed on death, so, provided that they act according to the "treat them as normal players" rule, why would NPC role PMs be revealed..?
tyhess wrote:So I say we proceed like a normal game, atleast for day 1.
Keffed.
Phate wrote:So for your what about, question, all I can respond is: they suck, and should go die in a war. Or post. Whichever comes first.
I'll post, kthx.
Kabenon wrote:I do not wish to put him at -2 where scum could just easily slide in on the wagon and have themselves a quick lynch, for which we gain no information.
Uhm, would it not then become fairly obvious who the scum actually were? That's quite a lot of information. Also, why -2 specifically..?

I know this post doesn't have much new stuff, but, outside of game theory discussion, there hasn't really been too much to go on. Phate appears to be the flavour du jour, and it looks like you've dissected his posts to the degree where anything I say would be repetition. That being said, I'll likely read over him in isolation tomorrow...
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:52 am

I have absolutely no idea what to talk about, so...

Someone ask me something, and I'll try to get back in this game!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:44 am

Phate wrote:SomeStrangeFlea!!! How dare you post and try to get us to contribute without doing so yourself??? How can you criticise other people when you're not helping yourself?!? You're just trying to make yourself appear helpful, aren't you!?! OMFGSSFSCUM.
Not once did I criticize the other players!

BWAHAHAHAHAH!

Wait, what?

Also...
Phate wrote:For the record, however, I'm a town powerrole - just thought you should know.
To be fair, claiming "Town Powerrole" is only just less self harming than actually claiming what it is...

I think.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:57 am

I'm here, and I'm re-reading.

Should have a decent sized post prepared for tomorrow.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 am

V/LA until Friday. =(
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:57 am

Now we have some information about the NPCs. We know that Benedict Jameson, the Bodyguard, was indeed a Bodyguard.

We need to deduce whether or not it is safe to assume that
all
NPCs have roles which are similar (if not identical) to their descriptions in post 2.

I'm sick now, and I know you're probably all sick of me promising a reread and an analysis and failing to deliver, and for that I apologise. =(

Still, should recover soon, I hope!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:24 am

Kabenon, in 15, wrote:Also, in response to theopor, I am waiting for one of them to die in some fashion, that way we can see just how their pms are worded, and if it is possible they hold noteworthy roles.
So, guys, now that we have a dead NPC, how noteworthy is a Bodyguard?
groinhammer, in 24, wrote:Also bear in mind that NPCs have their own win condits. - surely we wouldn't want an NPC to win this game would we?
Just because NPCs have their own Win Conditions doesn't mean that they're all anti-town. With hindsight, it's obvious that the Bodyguard had a pro-town WC, but even at that, it seems a bit strange that you believe that an NPC winning the game is an inherently
bad thing
CTD, in 31, wrote:
Unvote, Vote: kabenon007
An unexplained vote which went by completely unnoticed...
Zakarum, in 43, wrote:There are some that stand out i mean one of them is a drug baron.
Somehow feeling the need to confirm the fact that he can, indeed, read the first post.
Spambot, in 67, wrote:Also, that you were criticizing others for lack of content without going after scum first bothers me. You're showing now that you'll post a lot to defend yourself, but you haven't done anything to look for scum. I think being so self-centered and unhelpful is a decent scum tell.
I agree.
Phate, in 71, wrote:
You would be trying too hard to fit in and make jokes, like you're acting relaxed. It does look like you are trying to appear townie right now.
"You're acting too much like town, so you must be scum." Ladies and gents, it doesn't get much more WIFOM than this. Have you considered the possibility that I AM town, with a propensity for relaxed jokes?
"You're acting too much like town, so you must be scum" isn't actually what he said though, is it? "It does look like you are
trying
to appear townie right now" isn't actually a Too Townie argument because of the word "trying". What Spambot has is an opinion of the tone of your posts.

Let me clarify:
"I think that Alice is scum because, basically, all her votes have been in fairly unsuspicious places and her arguments are all conveniently well thought out."
This is a Too Townie argument, IMO, because it takes what are pro-town actions and illogically makes them anti-town because there's too many of them. However...
"I think that Alice is scum because her posts seem forced and look as though they're trying to broadcast 'I'M TOWNIE!'."
This isn't a Too Townie argument, since it's an analysis of the tone of a players posts, which is what Spambot has done above.

I've just wasted minutes of my life arguing what is, essentially, a small point. Still, possible misrepresentation on your part is a slight scumtell, so it adds a little bit more onto the evidence against you.
Spambot, in 106, wrote:No, you are being ridiculous. Please, please for the love of god give the scum the opportunity to come in and ninja lynch him. That would be fantastic for us, because we've caught two scum being incredibly dumb. Ninja lynching almost NEVER happens. That is an unrealistic fear for you to have, and it doesn't matter whether you think he's scum or the scummiest; you should have your vote on somebody. If you think he's scummy but not too bad, then what are you doing? Play the game and figure some stuff out.

You have now convinced me that you're scum. I think what is really going on is that you didn't want to be seen as bandwagoning on him or were waiting for the opportunity so YOU could ninja lynch him. I imagine that if another person or two had come in and placed those votes, you suddenly would have been very happy to hammer.
I agree fully with your argument in your first paragraph entirely, but your second paragraph seems to have some unnecessary aggression. It's enough to make me feel uncomfortable with this post...
Shanba, in, 118 wrote:
Unvote vote groinhammer
An unexplained vote which went by completely unnoticed...
Phate, in 128 wrote:For the record, however, I'm a town powerrole - just thought you should know.
"Town powerrole" is as generic a claim as you can get, and is only really useful as a cover for scum to prevent a counterclaim.

So, overall:
FomS: Spambot
as winner of the "It's not what you said, it's the way you said it" prize. I seem to be agreeing with a lot that he's saying, but I can't help but feel unsettled by his aggression.
Vote: Phate

Now, to all the new people:

Post words. Kthx.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:07 am

Elias wrote:I'm also suspicious of SSF for pressuring the phate claim, which is really unnecessary at this point, and only helps scum.
I'm not pressuring for a claim now, I'm saying that yesterday he should have either claimed fully, or not claimed at all. A "town powerrole" claim is an ideal scum cover when under pressure, since they don't have to commit to claiming an actual role, they don't have to risk a possible counterclaim, and it may be enough to shed a couple of votes.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:09 am

Shanba wrote:
A "town powerrole" claim is an ideal scum cover when under pressure, since they don't have to commit to claiming an actual role, they don't have to risk a possible counterclaim, and it may be enough to shed a couple of votes.
This may or may not be true, but I haven't actually ever seen scum claim this.
Me neither, but on paper, it's more beneficial for the scum to claim it than for town to, IMO...
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:56 am

Shanba wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
Shanba wrote:
A "town powerrole" claim is an ideal scum cover when under pressure, since they don't have to commit to claiming an actual role, they don't have to risk a possible counterclaim, and it may be enough to shed a couple of votes.
Me neither, but on paper, it's more beneficial for the scum to claim it than for town to, IMO...
In which case it's not really very good evidence of him being scum, then, is it?
If an action appears to be more useful for a scum to perform than a townie to, then the performing of it is a slight scumtell.

That action appears to be more useful for a scum to take (correct me if I'm wrong), and so it is a slight scumtell.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:12 am

Shanba wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
Shanba wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
Shanba wrote:
In which case it's not really very good evidence of him being scum, then, is it?
If an action appears to be more useful for a scum to perform than a townie to, then the performing of it is a slight scumtell.

That action appears to be more useful for a scum to take (correct me if I'm wrong), and so it is a slight scumtell.
This premise is wrong. Something is a scumtelll if and only if scum do it more than town. It doesn't matter whether it's beneficial to scum (that might explain why it is a scumtell) but unless scum do it more than town it's not, well, indicative of scum.
That's fair. I assumed that, since the sample of past occurrences is relatively small, "benefits scum more" would be a valid substitute for "scum perform it more", since the former would logically lead to the latter. It would appear I was mistaken.
Shanba wrote:Flea, do you still think that's a valid justification for the pressure?
In brief, no.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:24 am

EDWOP:

Unvote

I for got.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:07 am

Kison wrote:And what can I say in response to the attacks?
You can't say anything in response to attacks, but you can attempt to find scum. You can ask questions and analyse other players, which leads onto:
Kison wrote:To my accusers, aside from what I commented on in my initial rundown, is there any commentary you wish that I provide on any specific subject?
No, nothing specific. A general rundown of thoughts or whatever would be nice.

You came into this game with no original thoughts or ideas of you own, just attempts to debunk your predecessors actions and a defeatist attitude which is doing nothing to help a slow paced game.

Vote: Kison
for a poor entry. Also
Elias wrote:I'm considering it just to get this game out of this dreadful day 2. NOTHING is happening.
this.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:23 am

Kison wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:You came into this game with no original thoughts or ideas of you own, just attempts to debunk your predecessors actions and a defeatist attitude which is doing nothing to help a slow paced game.
I gave my own thoughts. You cannot deny that. I voted DoS to get him talking. So far, he hasn't. Not my fault. I'm going to pursue this avenue for now, but it is an avenue I have chosen.

How is my attitude one of a defeatist? Because I refuse to legitimize my predecessor's actions, when you, too, agree that I should not do such because there is no point in doing so? That is not defeatism. That is realism.
Apologies. I missed 227. Upon reading it, I have decided to
Unvote
, change "no" in my own quoted post to "some, but not many," and then highlight the word "original". And the defeatist attitude thing was just wrong.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:26 am

I'm still here, but there isn't much for me to go on between now and my last post...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”