TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by TylerJ »

yeah that isn't an effective analysis. A whole bunch of info in general wich is some what biased. And then a list of names with little written about them is hardly helpful.
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

“Curiouskarmadog randomvotes Ooba, and then says "You better watch yourself Aimee". What is that supposed to mean?”
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Vote: obaa.

too many vowels in one's name scare me.

you better watch yourself Aimee.
it was a joke because Aimee has “too many vowels”

also you left me off the Player by Player breakdown
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by OpposedForce »

TylerJ wrote:Okay when I said SSF=scum, it was a joke. Everybody keeps on using the = sign in several games I play so I decided to be funny. Apperaently I was the only person that laughed. His post before mine had one line; "2 days=/=lurking". I then posted "SSF=Scum" and said he should post more content. I kind of already addressed this.
Thmx. You scumhunted. That is what I wanted. As far as the ssf=scum, I was just trying to be humorous. I am suspicious of you because you weren't scumhunting until I mentioned it. I still am.
People can still push lynches without even laying a single vote. Hence why I said you wanted people to push further suspision on him by gathering more evidence. I've seen this tatic many times before where somebody states "I never laid a single vote on him so I can't be pushing his lynch" It makes them look less conspicous and less scummy.
The fact is I did vote for him, I didn't try to hide the fact and pretend that I wasn't on the wagon. I think I was the main person leading the wagon. But I took off my vote because he wasn't contributing and I could no longer get a read on him.
Okay I guess I can take your word for. However I strongly dislike when people joke about something that resembles an accusation especially when that person is against the same person they joked about. As for the thing about voting, can you clarify what post you unvoted at so I can work it out and get back to you.

Also
Major Fos:Sammich
for claming your role within the analysis and making alot of assumpations that could provide information for scum. Your analysis was vague as there wasn't alot of helpful information in there.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

FOS: Sammich

I find hiis whole post has a derth of real analysis. This is not enough for a vote but Sammich's analysis seems so off based I could almost see it as a poorly coded messaae to mafia brothers. He named his vague suspicions about who he thinks could be a town power role and the serial killer. Interesting. I think the biggest strike against this idea is that the mafia could just say this at night free of charge. Also there is the possibility that Sammich could just be terribly inept at articulating his suspicions. Still I find that he is not particuarly aiding the town with his post.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:46 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Unvote Vote: Sammich
. I agree, almost no insight whatsoever, and why on Earth did you say Shteven is likely doc?
OpposedForce wrote:Also
for claming your role within the analysis
Where did he do this?
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:19 am

Post by LaptopGun »

No content whatso ever, I just want to wish Jordan a Happy Birthday!
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:31 am

Post by JordanA24 »

LaptopGun wrote:No content whatso ever, I just want to wish Jordan a Happy Birthday!
Thanks! :D

Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Aimee »

Yeah.

Good job not scum-hunting, Sammich and (minorly) SSF. Not scumhunting is not the same as lurking (@ssf), and just describing the thread isn't scumhunting either (@sammich).
vote: Sammich

Similarly, LML:
Aimee, to SSF wrote:Also, who do you actually think is suspicious?
This was my early statement to SSF, which quite clearly implies he isn't scumhunting.

I can sort of see where you are coming from, but to say "it's coming out of no-where" seems a bit extreme and not really deserved.
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:06 am

Post by OpposedForce »

JordanA24 wrote:
. I agree, almost no insight whatsoever, and why on Earth did you say Shteven is likely doc?
Where did he do this?
Super Sexy Town. I'm pretty sure that's a claim no matter how retorical it is. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN FTW <-<
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Sammich »

Super Sexy Town. I'm pretty sure that's a claim no matter how retorical it is. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN FTW <-<
But it's
Super Sexy
town.
How can you not go wrong?
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]
Back, yep
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:28 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Sammich wrote:
But it's
Super Sexy
town.
Oh, well this changes
everything

:roll:
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Shteven »

1) summarizing the thread like that isn't helpful. This could be scummy, but it could not be. It's pretty hard to vote over this. The thoughts section didn't contain much useful thoughts either, but that could just be day 1 being hard to read. Honestly, I don't know how much better mine would be.

2) Claiming "super sexy town" is not a claim. "town" is a content-free (and therefore acceptable) claim to make at any time. Everyone here is town, right? claiming townIE -is- a claim, and that would be very suspicious. So sammich did not make a roleclaim. So while there's no real need to post your own alignment, if you feel like claiming you get the ladies, it's not a scumtell.

3) Claiming I'm a doctor is where you went wrong. There's no reason for a town player to do this. It's either a horrible gaffe, or you're trying to signal who needs to be killed. I certainly hope it's not an innocent mistake, because this is day 1 and this evidence will be enough for my vote.

Vote: Sammich

Votes have been coming in pretty fast, so while I have a chance, I'd like to conduct a poll, for everyone: Should we delay a lynch if sammich gets to -1 or -2, or is this enough day 1 posting? My last game went into 40+ pages on day 1 and that was a bit...headache inducing ;)
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:11 am

Post by Shteven »

EBWOP: ok, votes aren't quite as fast as I thought. That should be 3 (he had 0 before the post, right?)...I forgot two of them were just FOS; so unless those are upgraded he still has a fair amount of wiggle room to go.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:22 am

Shteven wrote:1) summarizing the thread like that isn't helpful. This could be scummy, but it could not be. It's pretty hard to vote over this. The thoughts section didn't contain much useful thoughts either, but that could just be day 1 being hard to read. Honestly, I don't know how much better mine would be.

2) Claiming "super sexy town" is not a claim. "town" is a content-free (and therefore acceptable) claim to make at any time. Everyone here is town, right? claiming townIE -is- a claim, and that would be very suspicious. So sammich did not make a roleclaim. So while there's no real need to post your own alignment, if you feel like claiming you get the ladies, it's not a scumtell.

3) Claiming I'm a doctor is where you went wrong. There's no reason for a town player to do this. It's either a horrible gaffe, or you're trying to signal who needs to be killed. I certainly hope it's not an innocent mistake, because this is day 1 and this evidence will be enough for my vote.

Vote: Sammich

Votes have been coming in pretty fast, so while I have a chance, I'd like to conduct a poll, for everyone: Should we delay a lynch if sammich gets to -1 or -2, or is this enough day 1 posting? My last game went into 40+ pages on day 1 and that was a bit...headache inducing ;)
I count 4 votes.

I dont like the fact that sammich thought you might be a Doc then mention it. However, this seems like a newbie town mistake versus a newbie scum mistake..

I dont buy your reasons for voting him....who exactly would he be signalling to? If he was mafia, why would be be signalling, when he could simply keep his mouth just, talk about it at night, and then NK you....as it stands, if you are NKed, many fingers will surely point his way.

point 2 is silly.

and I dont get point 1, content is always helpful...and he gave us some...

also seems like you are trying to shorten the day..

this whole post and vote seems opportunistic

vote Shteven
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:41 am

Post by JordanA24 »

OpposedForce wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
Where did he do this?
Super Sexy Town. I'm pretty sure that's a claim no matter how retorical it is.
I think by town, he means town in general, not specifically townie.
OpposedForce wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN FTW <-<
Thanks! :D

OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:49 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Shteven wrote: 2) Claiming "super sexy town" is not a claim. "town" is a content-free (and therefore acceptable) claim to make at any time. Everyone here is town, right? claiming townIE -is- a claim, and that would be very suspicious. So sammich did not make a roleclaim. So while there's no real need to post your own alignment, if you feel like claiming you get the ladies, it's not a scumtell.
I disagree with this. A person would know his own alignment on hand once he gets the mod's pm. So by posting "Super Sexy Town" it would pretty much be claiming any of the roles on the town side. Whether it's cop,doctor,vigilante, or townie saying to everybody he is town means he is claming pro-town. Techincally I can see where this wouldn't actually be a actual role claim but an alignment claim. Also I'm not sure what you meant with your post "Everyone here is town, right?" Do you mean that most likely everybody here would claim pro-town?
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:53 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Also...
@CuriousKarmaDog- Did you put the thought of newbie town or newbie scum mistake on Sammich when he thought Shteven as Doctor because he might of stated Shteven be a Doctor to put a good word in for a scum-buddy or just put down a strong intial feeling that he felt was a Doctor role?
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:27 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Vote Count:

Sammich- 5 (JordanA24, Aimee, Shteven, SomeStrangeFlea, Oman)
Oman- 4 (TylerJ, ManaSpyrte, AlyG, Sammich)
Aimee- 1 (LoudMouthLee)
TylerJ- 1 (OpposedForce)
LaptopGun- 1 (White)
SomeStrangeFlea- 1 (LaptopGun)
Shteven- 1 (curiouskarmadog)
skitzer- 1 (ooba)

Not voting (2): timmers2001, skitzer

9 to lynch.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:36 am

happy bday Jordan
OpposedForce wrote:Also...
@CuriousKarmaDog- Did you put the thought of newbie town or newbie scum mistake on Sammich when he thought Shteven as Doctor because he might of stated Shteven be a Doctor to put a good word in for a scum-buddy or just put down a strong intial feeling that he felt was a Doctor role?
I thought it was a newbie town mistake..I got the feeling that sammich actually thought shteven was the doc....I actually didnt think he could have said it to help improve his "buddy's" creds with the town...which would have been a newbie scum mistake...but if that is the case, my vote on Shteven is still valid, wouldnt you think?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Oman »

CKD wrote:If he was mafia, why would be be signalling, when he could simply keep his mouth just, talk about it at night, and then NK you....as it stands, if you are NKed, many fingers will surely point his way.

This is awesomely true, and that last sentence of Shteven's really gave me scum vibes.

Unvote Vote Shteven
IGMEOY+FoS: Sammich
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Sammich »

That's a lot of suspicion on me.
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]
Back, yep
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by ooba »

LaptopGun wrote:I'd like to know why Ooba did the quoting without the analysis. Was his point suposed to have been so self-evident he didnt' feel obligated to point them out?
I've explained this in Post 197...
ooba wrote:
SSF wrote: Ooba: Could you, or at least explain why you didn't, fill in the blanks of your last post?
I did not comment on Sammich's post because there wasn't any content in it to make out anything except the fact that he was voting Oman for his Bandwagoning.In short a null tell.Couln't think of anything to say for Shteven's post.
LaptopGun wrote:Or does he want to lay the ground work (collect and show the evidence) of a case but does not want to be responsible for the subsequent lynch of a townie. This is counter-town.
If you read my actual post , you'd see that i voted for skitzer ..
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by Shteven »

CKD: I'm curious if you thought the 3 points were all supposed to be reasons for the vote. They were just bulleted items, the only real reason for the vote was point 3. Point 1 doesn't help, but it wouldn't be a vote on it's own. Point two isn't scummy at all.

As far as claiming a pro-town alignment, I am surprised to see so much confusion/disagreement on it. I would assume that anyone playing mafia, in any game, would claim they are pro-town. Pro-town players because they're actually town, and scum groups because they don't want to be lynched. Therefore I don't see any value in saying it or not; it's a null tell. Scum should be trying to act town, it's one of the basic rules of the game. If they acted like scum, there wouldn't be much of a challenge. The job of the town is to watch for them to make is a mistake; they aren't going to try to make it easy on you. Mafia that don't attempt to play like town are undermining their team, their role, and the spirit of playing mafia.

Attempting to out power roles is scummy behavior. Now in this case it was a tad bit obvious, so there's merit to the argument it was a town mistake. That said, the chance that it's not a town mistake earned my vote. I haven't exactly been fond of Sammich's tone in the past, which perhaps made me more willing to return to voting him.

LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I unvoted SSF two pages back.

I am not voting anyone at this time as I have a lot to think about. Shteven is going through some interesting machinations to really hammer home Sammich is scum. I find Sammich's behavior scummy while I think Shteven is trying to really help town. The problem is the mafia would want to be this nice and hammer home how an innocent townie is scum. Whatever the case I got scum vibes from Sammich. Im gonna do a reread and see if I get more of them.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by ooba »

Shteven Post 230 wrote:Are you happy with the results of Jordan's wagon or do we need to take it all the way to lynch?
Shteven Post 286 wrote:Should we delay a lynch if sammich gets to -1 or -2, or is this enough day 1 posting?
Sammich's analysis is a null tell for me (and i know this is WIFOM, but saying someone is something i could imagine a mafia doing)

Shteven on the other hand seems anxious about the lynch and that does seems suspicious ..

Vote : Shteven
and an
FOS:Aimee
if he turns out to be scum .. (Because Post 230 was directed at Aimee and it just seems somewhat scummy to me)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”