New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 3199, Egg wrote:Well the good news is once I get caught up, I should stay caught up. This thread isn't going crazy anymore
reads please

i have lost all read on you

i want to know your opinion on EVERYTHING after catching up
permanently retired

see here for more info
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 3192, zakk wrote:
In post 3188, Ircher wrote:So, Shaz-Zakk-??? team

And who else? Perhaps pmatt, he hasn't been very useful tbh.
4. would the ??? not be aneninen? you know, the flipped scum?
So let's talk about this point, and the fact that it suggests that Ircher -knows- that if Zakk and I were a team, Anen wouldn't be on it. Odds it's because Anen was on he and Titus' team, probably high. Odds them having daychat therefore explains why he was sheeping Titus' votes and Titus was defending him up until somebody mentioned it, and then she tried to hard distance in thread to break that notion? Probably high. The fact that they both got real quiet once it was mentioned? Probably means they were hoping it'd be forgotten. I am perfectly comfortable in my vote at the moment.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by zakk »

it doesn't suggest he knows anything... it just suggests he's being a dumbass

which, incidentally, was the reason for my post 3192 in the first place

stop overthinking things and just like... slow your roll when trying to make sense of idiots.

i've had to do that a lot this game
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by zakk »

i'm gonna take a break from this game for a couple days
permanently retired

see here for more info
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:33 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 3202, zakk wrote:it doesn't suggest he knows anything... it just suggests he's being a dumbass

which, incidentally, was the reason for my post 3192 in the first place

stop overthinking things and just like... slow your roll when trying to make sense of idiots.

i've had to do that a lot this game
This is *SLIGHTLY* more accurate than Shaziro's 3201.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:53 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So running MoIputer gives me a pool of Lowell, Titus, Zakk, Ircher, Shaz, Cy and PM as best bets to look for scum in during my re-reads. Based on his claim I’m going to exclude Lowell. He’s claimed a scum shot, no-one is counter-claiming and his claim would be suicide as a Serial Killer. A night with 3 kills means he’s lying and can be turbo-lynched.

--
In post 3067, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I am DrMyShottyIzSik and I approve this message.

Brought to you by the ad council and the foundation for a better lolhammer.
Sigh. MoIputer says Shotty is a bad place to look for scum. But I SOOOO want to seeing stuff like this …

--

In the zakk and Shaz versus Ircher and Titus argument I side with Ircher and Titus.

Zakk’s arguments spin more and more out of any sort of area of reason trying to bend over backwards defending Shaz’s stance which doesn’t track to my mind. For example – is a huge stretch meant to justify why he should be able to lynch Lowell that doesn’t comport with the known facts. Anen’s flip indicates we are very likely in a Mafia / SK multiball set-up and zakk is trying to spin Mafia / Mafia / SK as making any sense.
In post 3121, Shaziro wrote:So why did you choose to ignore the part where he specifically said that, in that case, town would have blocky-healy powers to counterbalance? In that case, town would be more likely to protect the SK who was claiming vigilante, because they consider them conftown. You're now misrepresenting him too. You're flailing.
So your answer for the obvious problem with a set-up of Mafia / Mafia / SK is Town has protective roles which then help out the Serial Killer if they fake-claim Vig? Whut?

What is the scum distribution in this Mafia / Mafia / SK setup you seem to be agreeing with? Keep in mind the number of VT or Vanilla Neighbor Town flips so far when constructing your answer.
In post 3149, Shaziro wrote:I did explahy I couldn't say my ~reasons~, that it would be bad for town. Now you're pushing for something bad for town, and rolefishing, and flailing. Christ alive.
There are no reasons that aren’t PR related that make any sense with you not sharing at this stage. Hell, there are very, very few PR related reasons given you were saying you felt Titus wasn’t a killer Day 2 and now are floating Titus as scum today.
In post 3201, Shaziro wrote:So let's talk about this point, and the fact that it suggests that Ircher -knows- that if Zakk and I were a team, Anen wouldn't be on it. Odds it's because Anen was on he and Titus' team, probably high. Odds them having daychat therefore explains why he was sheeping Titus' votes and Titus was defending him up until somebody mentioned it, and then she tried to hard distance in thread to break that notion? Probably high. The fact that they both got real quiet once it was mentioned? Probably means they were hoping it'd be forgotten. I am perfectly comfortable in my vote at the moment.
VOTE: Shaziro

Going to re-read ISOs but given the developments of today I am comfortable leaving this here.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:02 am

Post by zakk »

Nah
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Titus »

@Magna, Have you considered Shaz-Ircher team and Zakk being clueless?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:25 am

Post by zakk »

LOL

Nah
permanently retired

see here for more info
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Lowell »

3205 is a disaster.

MoI for lynch.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 3209, Lowell wrote:3205 is a disaster.

MoI for lynch.
What's wrong with it?
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Shaziro »

With Titus' whole thing about me "crumbing Roleblocker", you people can't see the forest for the trees. I refuse to believe that Titus, at the bare minimum, has no clue what she's doing. Re-read the conversation, Magna. I have no clue what MoIputer is, but actually give it a read and think about it without thinking about what Titus has said, as she's very, very wrong.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:32 am

@Shaz
- you seem to have not bothered to answer this question. Please do so -
In post 3205, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So your answer for the obvious problem with a set-up of Mafia / Mafia / SK is Town has protective roles which then help out the Serial Killer if they fake-claim Vig? Whut?

What is the scum distribution in this Mafia / Mafia / SK setup you seem to be agreeing with? Keep in mind the number of VT or Vanilla Neighbor Town flips so far when constructing your answer.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Shaziro »

Sorry, missed that being a question to me. I don't know how setups work to be balanced, my experience with Mafia has been a newbie game and Town of Salem, along with a weird offsite thing. Town having lots of protectives and scum having lots of kills makes sense for balance though, does it not? I would assume 2-3 people per Mafia team, one team at least obviously had day talk so would it make sense for both to have it, in that scenario?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:03 am

In post 3213, Shaziro wrote:Sorry, missed that being a question to me. I don't know how setups work to be balanced, my experience with Mafia has been a newbie game and Town of Salem, along with a weird offsite thing. Town having lots of protectives and scum having lots of kills makes sense for balance though, does it not? I would assume 2-3 people per Mafia team, one team at least obviously had day talk so would it make sense for both to have it, in that scenario?
Well here is my problem with your original post – it is based on you presuming that we are in a scenario with two scum factions and a Serial killer (based on what I am reading as your agreement with zakk’s theory which frankly is batshit crazy) but you have put zero thought into if said set-up makes any sense. You assess that 2 to 3 Mafia per team seems reasonable.

Scenario 1 –Two member Mafia teams with a Serial Killer is very, very unlikely. Crosskills (if there are three scum kills) can win the game for Town accidently. Scum would need significant power built in to counter-act that. Yet our one scum flip so far has been an Encryptor. This doesn’t fit this scenario as in Normal games SirCakez could have just given daytalk so he could balance scum with some protection against crosskills.

Scenario 2 – 3 Mafia per team and a Serial Killer means an initial set-up of 7 scum / 14 Town. This is a very, very heavy scum percentage. Scum numbers here mean crosskills are not as likely to immediately cripple the opposing teams so you would expect Town to have significant powers to overcome the heavily scum-weighted initial starting percentage. So far we’ve had 4 VTs, 2 Vanilla Neighbors and a 2 Shot Commuter flip. There are 13 players left alive and under this scenario only 7 are Town. I’d surmise most Town players to be some sort of full PR as Town in this scenario. Yet Titus has claimed to be Odd Night and Lowell has claimed 2 shot. So the Town flips so far don’t support this position either.

Can you see why I am having a hard time reconciling you just floating along following the pants-on-head train that is zakk’s theory without even a hint on recognition on your part that maybe he isn’t making sense? Because what does make sense - Mafia of 4 or 5 members, a Serial Killer and a Vig - isn't even being considered.

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:04 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Yay MoI proved I'm not scum :p

VOTE: shaz
MoI is very accurate with VCA usually so I've learned to sheep
#freeShotty
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 am

In post 3207, Titus wrote:@Magna, Have you considered Shaz-Ircher team and Zakk being clueless?
I'm not at this stage saying it is a Shaz / zakk team. I'm just assessing that those two set of people are arguing on opposite sides of the debate that I am seeing and which side looks to be the one making sense.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 am

In post 3215, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Yay MoI proved I'm not scum :p

Why are you sheeping me based on VCA when I'm not voting based on my MoIputer since I haven't even dug into ISOs and am voting Shaz for what I am seeing in the last 6 pages?

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:10 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 3217, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 3215, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Yay MoI proved I'm not scum :p

Why are you sheeping me based on VCA when I'm not voting based on my MoIputer since I haven't even dug into ISOs and am voting Shaz for what I am seeing in the last 6 pages?
Didn't feel like reading it all on my phone, read the first paragraph, the saw your vote, then sheeped. That's about it. Trust me if you want to lynch titus I'm down for that too. You already know I also don't like ircher or zakk much. Honest;y I liked your pool and just sheeped the vote.
#freeShotty
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Shaziro »

I'm mobile posting from d&d night, I'll look over what you said more closely when I get home tonight Magna. I will say that yes, it makes sense, I need to crunch through it though. Also what the hell is a MoIputer? Just your name for your VCA?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 3.2

Mount Everest in Nepal!

Shaziro (4) - Titus, Ircher, MagnaOfIllusion, drmyshottyizsik
Titus (3) - zakk, cytheflyguy, Shaziro
Ircher (1) - Nahdia
MagnaOfIllusion (1) - Lowell

Not voting (4) - Liger_zero, projectmatt, Egg, Nosferatu

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch someone.

cytheflyguy is V/LA until June 23

(expired on 2016-07-02 18:44:00) remain until day end.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:48 am

Diving into ISOs overnight and tomorrow ....

UNVOTE: Shaz

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Titus »

This is an odd vote progression... For some reason Magna is saying all the right things, yet his votes seem calculated, like I don't even
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Shaziro »

I'm making fairly quick updates in my games and then heading off Mafiascum for the night. I'm tired as hell. I'll talk with y'all in the AM.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Egg »

Page 106:
Because Anen was scum and was pushing projectmatt so hard, projectmatt is more likely to be town than I thought. I'm not ruling out a bus. Just guessing that it wasn't one. Anen also gave Projectmatt/Nos/Nahdia/Kop as his lynch list. Probably one buddy there. Kop is dead town. I'm townreading Nahdia. Scum points for Nos.

Page 107:
I keep seeing people scumreading Titus, but the only reason I've seen is Cy's terrible "she's leading the town" thing. I don't have a strong town read on her, but understanding the case would be cool.

Page 108:
I think I'm gonna sheep Magna's town read on Liger.

Don't like Lowell's self proclaimed opportunistic vote. Reeks of "I acknowledged what I'm doing so it's not scummy".

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”