Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Setael »

setael wrote:However, if you would like, you could try to defend against the accusations.
I don't like twisting things. There is a difference between stating my opinion and twisting something. Just because you don't agree with my suspicions does not mean I am twisting anything.
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by vampyrusddg »

Sorry guys, havn't been meaning to lurk so much, but lots of demands, I caught up with my other games the other night and meant to post here the next day but didn't get a chance :(

I have been keeping up though

unvote

meant to do that after our exchange Setael.

I don't find the case on Jdodge strong enough for me to hammer, not theres been much of a case presented just back and forth arguments, as I'm reading it your planning to lynch him just because he was lurking for a while, and lurkers come in all flavours.

So I'd like to hear from ryan why he's abandoned TylerJ when he was so certain he is scum. MOS was there to apply pressure with him, I can understand him backing off and following other leads but Ryan just seemed to jump on the next vulnerable target, a lurker, a tactic I've seen scum put to good use.

I'm not saying lurkers shouldn't be persued and made to speak up, but lynching them based just on that is very bad strategy
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by ryan »

vampy: I believe I applied pressure on a lurker who crumbled when he was given it. He's admitted that he's lurking on purpose and to me lurking on purpose to hurt the town is anti town. I would not be surprised to see JDodge being the quiet scum while one of our our others who's been talkative is the one leading, is that something you don't buy?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:40 am

Post by DeathSauce »

@MoS - I'm guessing your *sigh* was for my 2nd vote on Deathsauce. If so, could you please stop making such a huge deal about every time I am the second vote? Evidently it doesn't have the connotation you think it does, since you've been wrong about it twice now.
Even more delightful hypocrisy from Setael! He tells MoS that where someone places their vote isn't a scumtell, but then says I am scummy for placing the L-1 vote, which is the moldiest chestnut in mafia.

Really Setael, you should try to develop some kind of consistency.
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:07 am

Post by vampyrusddg »

ryan wrote:vampy: I believe I applied pressure on a lurker who crumbled when he was given it. He's admitted that he's lurking on purpose and to me lurking on purpose to hurt the town is anti town. I would not be surprised to see JDodge being the quiet scum while one of our our others who's been talkative is the one leading, is that something you don't buy?
I'm not saying that Jdodge doesn't look bad, I especialy don't like this heavy WIFOM:
Jdodge wrote:you do realize the whole lurking thing can't be explained until i know if it works or not, right
basicaly saying we've got to trust him with this tactic. I think what he's trying to say is he's lurking on purpose to make himself look scummy and therefore not a good NK target for the scum, because we're so suspicious of him and he's therefore handy to have about as a potential scapegoat for them.

That of course does not work as we could end up lynching him in a LYLO situation later, it's a ill conceived town tactic and leads to this kind of WIFOM where it looks like town thinking (although poorly thought out) and would be good cover for scum using it and pleading townie or a power role later on. If that is what your trying Jdodge, give it up now.

But you only partly answered my question Ryan, your case against TylerJ looked much better than this, and if you'd brought all the evidence together you could have got more than just MoS to apply pressure, it makes it hard reading and difficult to keep up with when all your points are in seperate posts scattered across several pages. Why abandon that course? you seemed a lot surer about TylerJ than about Jdodge.
"Where"
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Setael »

deathsauce wrote:
setael wrote:@MoS - I'm guessing your *sigh* was for my 2nd vote on Deathsauce. If so, could you please stop making such a huge deal about every time I am the second vote? Evidently it doesn't have the connotation you think it does, since you've been wrong about it twice now.

Even more delightful hypocrisy from Setael! He tells MoS that where someone places their vote isn't a scumtell, but then says I am scummy for placing the L-1 vote, which is the moldiest chestnut in mafia.

Really Setael, you should try to develop some kind of consistency.
Nice try with the putting words in my mouth to paint me as scummy. Too bad it's so transparent. How about you quote where I said that "where someone places their vote isn't a scumtell". Do you honestly think that the second vote on a wagon is the same as putting someone at -1? The 2nd vote might be just for pressure, and it can certainly be because of one scummy post. However, putting someone at -1 takes a good case for good reasons, none of which do you have on JDodge. What's your case on him again? That he's been lurking? How about you try to dredge up something a little more concrete before putting someone at -1. I, on the other hand, have plenty of cause to be the 2nd vote on your wagon. In fact, the more you twist what I say to try to make me look scummy, the more I would be able to justify putting you at -1. See the difference? [/lesson]
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:07 am

Post by TylerJ »

vampy so you've been keeping up, eh? Which means you have been lurking. Seriously, the fourth player this game. Congrats. Goodness. this game should be called the 'lurker' town mafia game.

Anyways...
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Vote Count Number Nine (Five to lynch, JDodge at L-1)ryan (JDodge)
JDodge (ChocolateAttack, ryan, TylerJ, DeathSauce)

DeathSauce (MoS, Setael)

Not voting: thinktank, vampyrusddg

That's right - I fixed the last VC.

THAT'S RIGHT.

Edit: Closing parentheses come in equal quantities with opening parentheses!
Last edited by xyzzy on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by ryan »

vampyrusddg wrote:
ryan wrote:vampy: I believe I applied pressure on a lurker who crumbled when he was given it. He's admitted that he's lurking on purpose and to me lurking on purpose to hurt the town is anti town. I would not be surprised to see JDodge being the quiet scum while one of our our others who's been talkative is the one leading, is that something you don't buy?
I'm not saying that Jdodge doesn't look bad, I especialy don't like this heavy WIFOM:
Jdodge wrote:you do realize the whole lurking thing can't be explained until i know if it works or not, right
basicaly saying we've got to trust him with this tactic. I think what he's trying to say is he's lurking on purpose to make himself look scummy and therefore not a good NK target for the scum, because we're so suspicious of him and he's therefore handy to have about as a potential scapegoat for them.

That of course does not work as we could end up lynching him in a LYLO situation later, it's a ill conceived town tactic and leads to this kind of WIFOM where it looks like town thinking (although poorly thought out) and would be good cover for scum using it and pleading townie or a power role later on. If that is what your trying Jdodge, give it up now.

But you only partly answered my question Ryan, your case against TylerJ looked much better than this, and if you'd brought all the evidence together you could have got more than just MoS to apply pressure, it makes it hard reading and difficult to keep up with when all your points are in seperate posts scattered across several pages. Why abandon that course? you seemed a lot surer about TylerJ than about Jdodge.
I'm not sure about TylerJ anymore to be honest, he's also got a vote on JDodge which makes me wonder if scum is being opportunistic in voting, but why wouldn't have a scum hammered JDodge already? I just don't see working off a "theory" as very pro town and I find it to be very anti town.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by TylerJ »

I'm not sure about TylerJ anymore to be honest, he's also got a vote on JDodge which makes me wonder if scum is being opportunistic in voting, but why wouldn't have a scum hammered JDodge already? I just don't see working off a "theory" as very pro town and I find it to be very anti town.

Ditto to you. No hard feelings though...
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by ryan »

Have you ever actually presented a case on me or just random jibberish?
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:02 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Setael wrote: However, putting someone at -1 takes a good case for good reasons, none of which do you have on JDodge. What's your case on him again? That he's been lurking? How about you try to dredge up something a little more concrete before putting someone at -1.
I'm not retyping my suspicions of JDodge just because you have reading comprehension difficulties.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Setael »

I'm not surprised you aren't willing to type out your suspicions, since they're so contrived. The only thing you've done is twist JDodge's argument into something it wasn't and then vote him for it.

You don't have a case on him. The votes on him are for nothing but the fact that he's been lurking and I think it's ridiculous that he's at -1. It's pretty obvious that scum is pushing his wagon, and I think you're one of them.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:34 am

Post by DeathSauce »

No, the lurking had nothing to do with it. Try again.
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:17 am

Post by vampyrusddg »

Well at the moment it looks like neither me nor Setael would hammer Jdodge, which leaves Thinktank and MoS, would either of you be willing to hammer? If you are then it's time for Jdodge to claim, if not lets move the discussion on, we're starting to get stale.
"Where"
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 am

Post by JDodge »

vampyrusddg wrote:Well at the moment it looks like neither me nor Setael would hammer Jdodge, which leaves Thinktank and MoS, would either of you be willing to hammer? If you are then it's time for Jdodge to claim, if not lets move the discussion on, we're starting to get stale.
I'm not claiming. I don't even see the case behind me being at -1.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:32 am

Post by thinktank »

vampyrusddg wrote:Well at the moment it looks like neither me nor Setael would hammer Jdodge, which leaves Thinktank and MoS, would either of you be willing to hammer? If you are then it's time for Jdodge to claim, if not lets move the discussion on, we're starting to get stale.
Im sorry but this post smells of scummyness. Perhaps you didn't choose your words carefully but "willing to hammer". I'm sorry but no, I hate to disappoint but im not going to hammer someone based on lurking and bread crumb hints. I'm not sure why but you seem to be pushing his wagon subtely , "willing to hammer" asking for the hammer vote, which if JDodge is innocent would then allow scum to target me or MoS next game day for hammering on insufficient a case.

Secondly, "time for JDodge to claim", seems like your pushing for a claim from JDodge or threatening a lynch which also seems very scummy with the "if not" adding subtelty to your push.

Perhaps you didnt explain yourself or perhaps i caught something. Please correct my logic if you see a flaw.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:32 am

Post by thinktank »

Woops almosr forgot.

FoS: Vampyrusddg
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Fuck it.

nvm. I'm in a bad mood, but I'm trying hard to convince myself that hammering would be bad for the town, and that JDodge is going to actually contribute something to the discussion besides grilling ryan with leading questions and using fallacies to make him look scummy.

I'm trying reeeeeaaaaallll hard here.
Permanent V/LA.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by ryan »

Yes, JDodge has been VERY helpful in our pursuit of finding scum................... :roll:
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by JDodge »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Fuck it.

nvm. I'm in a bad mood, but I'm trying hard to convince myself that hammering would be bad for the town, and that JDodge is going to actually contribute something to the discussion besides grilling ryan with leading questions and using fallacies to make him look scummy.

See how ryan hasn't offered a defense, instead avoiding the allegations

Notice how ryan can be connected to DeathSauce and Tyler rather clearly
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by ryan »

What allegations dipshit? Post a question and I'll answer.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by JDodge »

ryan wrote:What allegations dipshit? Post a question and I'll answer.
OH NO YOU'RE BEING MEAN TO ME

My case on you, you seem to have conveniently missed it
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by ryan »

JDodge wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Fuck it.

See how ryan hasn't offered a defense, instead avoiding the allegations

Notice how ryan can be connected to DeathSauce and Tyler rather clearly
BTW idiot, there are only
TWO mafia in this game
, but thanks for reading the first page and thanks for proving again you are trying to hide behind others with your scuminess. Somebody HAMMER this scum now!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by ryan »

JDodge wrote:
ryan wrote:What allegations dipshit? Post a question and I'll answer.
OH NO YOU'RE BEING MEAN TO ME

My case on you, you seem to have conveniently missed it
I've answered everything you've ever asked me, your case is dead, just like you as soon as MoS hammers your scum ass.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”