SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:46 am

Post by SirWario »

Kudos, CKD. I was incredulous about your claim. That is partly why I claimed(also, to avoid a mislynch over the note). I'm still suprised that I matched be wary with the vig. I definitely believe your claim now, though.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:48 am

Post by ryan »

Vote Count?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:55 am

Post by pdcakes »

Hey guys im back from clevleand. Im gonna go take a nap and then I'll update as soon as possible.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:59 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

SirWario wrote:Kudos, CKD. I was incredulous about your claim. That is partly why I claimed(also, to avoid a mislynch over the note). I'm still suprised that I matched be wary with the vig. I definitely believe your claim now, though.
now you know where I was coming from...why I thought the notes were right on..at any rate, i think this topic will make for interesting conversation at games end..

wario, thoughts on Para?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:19 am

Post by SirWario »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
SirWario wrote:Kudos, CKD. I was incredulous about your claim. That is partly why I claimed(also, to avoid a mislynch over the note). I'm still suprised that I matched be wary with the vig. I definitely believe your claim now, though.
now you know where I was coming from...why I thought the notes were right on..at any rate, i think this topic will make for interesting conversation at games end..

wario, thoughts on Para?

I'll admit I didn't disagree with too many of his points. I still wasn't sure about your claim. However, looking at the grand scheme of things, Paradox looks even worse from that push. I was willing to give you a night to confirm. But he wanted to lynch you today. Plus, if he was scum, then he knew you weren't lying about your claim and wanted you out before tonight. I still believe he's todays lynch.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:26 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Well I'm not going to bother answering Gorgon's question because I no longer consider ckd a suspect. I will answer any questions anyone has about my thoughts and arguments, if anyone suspects me for them. A wise breadcrumb, ckd, I only wish your intelligence was more consistent, because your play still seems largely illogical to me.

my parts in bold
curiouskarmadog wrote:Para changed his vote because no one is buying any of his other cases.

What cases?

Why I think he is scummy?

1.) he is not just voting the claimed vig, he is urging others to vote me as well, he is really pushing this case. He is not looking at this game through town eyes. The vig is an asset to the town, yet he doesn’t want me to have a chance to confirm. Why is that?

If I didn't believe your claim I'd definitely find some of the things you said pretty scummy. How is urging others to vote a player any worse than voting them yourself? What's the point in voting someone if your not gonna try to get them lynch(i.e. convince others to vote them too)? I've spent several extensive posts explaining why I thought it'd be wiser to lynch you. You'r clearly setting up straw men by asking me a question I answered in my very first post on you and not even bothering to mention my explination.

2.) He thinks I am scum, but he wants me to tell him the specifics of my role as a vig (one shot), which is leading me to believe they might have some sort of role blocking ability and they need to know where to go with it. Tell me Para, if I am scum, why do you care if I am a one shot vig or not?

I only wanted to know if you were concealing anything from the town. Note that I didn't bother to ask you any such questions until I decided you should be the lynch today. I assumed you were scum, but if you were vig and had concealed somthing then perhaps your play would make sense to me and maybe change my mind. I fail to see how asking you helped scum any more than town so I find it a poor point.

3.) He tried to suggest (with a vote) that my claim was false before, but the first time around he wanted people to believe I was a SK. He changed his mind…
Paradoxombie wrote:
Thin_Man wrote:I'm perfectly aware that he can confirm having the ability. A mafia cop can confirm having a cop ability. That doesn't mean that he can claim cop without the real cop going 'excuse me sir, you are full of shit', and him getting lynched without so much as a by-your-leave. The benefit of that play, for scum, is that they can draw out the cop in exchange for one of their own. No such luck with the SK. He would have to
know
that there is no vig in the game, otherwise a claim like that is exceptionally risky. And this is a game based on fucking cowboys. Do you honestly think any sensible minded serial killer would be
his entire chance of winning the game
on the fact that none of the 8 unclaimed people are vigs? I don't. I think it's exceptionally unlikely. It's just not human nature to take risks that exceptionally huge, especially when the reward is pointing yourself out to the mafia as someone they will have to kill before endgame. And factor in as well that you can't even argue down any vigs that counterclaim you, like you could with a cop, a doc, or a tracker. A vig just shoots you in the night and you lose, without any chance to argue back. There's no plausible way on earth it isn't a massively bad play for a serial killer to claim vig.
Your probably correct, but I just realized that I misread; I had attributed somthing CKD said to a different player.
Unvote
make it an
FOS: CKD
Now he is back saying that my claim is fake (versus being a SK).

Why is it scummy to change my mind? The reason I changed here is because I had thought another player had claimed but then I realized it was actually the second part of your claim I had been remembering. Thin_man was right about how it didn't make sense for SK to claim vig, anyway. I decided to go after you again after more time had passed because the case against you had only increased since then. But really, I think it's unfair that I have justify myself like this when you didn't even bother to explain how it is scummy.

4.) Day 1, he was on the Aimee lynch (for no reason) then left with” Well I've gotta go now too, so don't expect anything else from me, 'till day 2”.

Umm I thought we had already cleared this up that I voted Aimee to prevent a no lynch. Just more straw men, ckd. I will admit that the fact I left at that time is a valid scum tell, but I could just as easily stop posting without warning so I could post again OR ignore the game, whichever suited me. I stayed on as long as I could, and I eventually had to go, simple as that.

Well I no longer suspect you ckd, but I'd still like you to answer at least 1 of the questions I posed. Why didn't you simply kill Simenon that night if you believed that note? You argue the value of the vig, but it looks to me like you outed yourself unessesarily and cost the town. On the other hand your lackluster play makes me question whether such power would really be useful or terribly dangerous in your hands, anyway.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:47 am

Paradoxombie wrote:
Well I no longer suspect you ckd, but I'd still like you to answer at least 1 of the questions I posed. Why didn't you simply kill Simenon that night if you believed that note? You argue the value of the vig, but it looks to me like you outed yourself unessesarily and cost the town. On the other hand your lackluster play makes me question whether such power would really be useful or terribly dangerous in your hands, anyway.
Para, you need to get your facts straight, then you can answer your own questions. If you figure out when I stated I believed the NOTES, you will have your answer. Not going to do the work for you (besides it is apparent you need a reread anyway).

Now please quit avoiding the MY question, why did you want to lynch the claimed vig versus waiting until tonight?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:49 am

speaking of intelligence and consistency, if I am no longer a suspect, why is your vote still on me?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Unvote

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Para, you need to get your facts straight, then you can answer your own questions. If you figure out when I stated I believed the NOTES, you will have your answer. Not going to do the work for you (besides it is apparent you need a reread anyway).
Well in your second day 2 post you referenced the role who fingered you being a cop. This is pretty much confirmation that you aren't a simple townie. You go on to make a big deal about what be wary means which seems like an attempt to push people towards considering what your role is. Fianlly you say we should lynch Simenon because you want to confirm the notes, but you already should be aware of whether they are accurate since one was about you and all of us immediately pointed that out. In the end it looks like you just stupidly led yourself into a claim when you should've just ignored the notes and use your night kill to take out Simenon. At least that's what I think.

curiouskarmadog wrote:Now please quit avoiding the MY question, why did you want to lynch the claimed vig versus waiting until tonight?
I don't need to avoid your question, I answered it before you even asked, before I even stated my case:
Paradoxombie in 796 wrote:Well I think I'm gonna
unvote, vote:CKD

Sure, GOW is pretty passively scummy, but CKD is pretty actively scummy(imo). I'm not buying his claim and I feel confident enough in my suspicion that it seems more dangerous to leave him alive. That not only gives him a vote, and forces us to waste another day, but also if he knows he will be lynched tommorow, his partners can sit back while he makes all the moves that would be condemning later(like blatantly voting townies or allowing a No Lynch) I don't like the idea of a player with nothing to lose like that.
-George Washington

So it goes.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:26 am

Paradoxombie wrote:
quit back tracking Para, you asked me why "didnt I simply kill Simenon THAT night if you believed the note"...You didnt know what day I believed the note.

So you thought I should be lynched today, because I would have a vote tomorrow? A townie might want to see if I am indeed a vig before lynching me.

Also I am glad you reposted this.
Paradoxombie wrote:

Sure,
GOW is pretty passively scummy
, but CKD is pretty actively scummy(imo). I'm not buying his claim and I feel confident enough in my suspicion that it seems more dangerous to leave him alive. That not only gives him a vote, and forces us to waste another day, but also if he knows he will be lynched tommorow, his partners can sit back while he makes all the moves that would be condemning later(like blatantly voting townies or allowing a No Lynch) I don't like the idea of a player with nothing to lose like that.
You think GoW is scummy? Why have you never voted or FoSed him (that I can find, please post if I have missed)? Now that I am not a suspect, you going to vote him now?

Caught you again Para...and you just gave up your scum buddy.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:11 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
quit back tracking Para, you asked me why "didnt I simply kill Simenon THAT night if you believed the note"...You didnt know what day I believed the note. .
I think you misunderstood, but maybe I wasn't clear. I assumed that you believed the note when you decided to try to get Simenon lynched on day 2, because the second note made you think the notes were accurate. When I said "that night" I meant night 2, as in the night after the 2nd note came(Which like I said is when I assumed you came to believe the 1st note). If you believed the note on day 1, then....WTF, man? At least it would be consistent with the rest of your play that doesn't make sense. Like being Anti-Deadline Extension
curiouskarmadog wrote: So you thought I should be lynched today, because I would have a vote tomorrow? A townie might want to see if I am indeed a vig before lynching me.
A townie would also not want to let scum just breeze through another day(day 2, not 3). Especially if that scum would have nothing to lose. I don't think it's that hard to comprehend.
curiouskarmadog wrote: Also I am glad you reposted this.
Paradoxombie wrote:

Sure,
GOW is pretty passively scummy
, but CKD is pretty actively scummy(imo). I'm not buying his claim and I feel confident enough in my suspicion that it seems more dangerous to leave him alive. That not only gives him a vote, and forces us to waste another day, but also if he knows he will be lynched tommorow, his partners can sit back while he makes all the moves that would be condemning later(like blatantly voting townies or allowing a No Lynch) I don't like the idea of a player with nothing to lose like that.
You think GoW is scummy? Why have you never voted or FoSed him (that I can find, please post if I have missed)? Now that I am not a suspect, you going to vote him now?

Caught you again Para...and you just gave up your scum buddy.
Oh god, I'm so tired of your BS overconfidence. I hope you realize it will only cost you. Also, it's obnoxious as hell.

But to answer your question I would probably vote GOW at deadline if I had to pick someone, but I think he's going to be replaced anyway. And since the biggest point against him, imo, is lurking, I just don't see a point in voting him now or any time recently. If he was still around and still posting in the same fashion, then I probably would vote him.
-George Washington

So it goes.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:57 am

Post by Simenon »

kabenon007 wrote:Um... where else have you been accusing me? I been accusing you this whole time, you make no argument against me... OMGUS
So even with this entire four pages of my interrogation you can't make the logical conclusion that it's part of the reasonI'm voting you?

Also, I did provide a reason for voting you. RTFG
SEND THE VECTOIDS
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by pdcakes »

ok.

CKD: the breadcrumbs pretty impressive. And I do believe you.

This is what I see right now:
Simenon vs. Kabe/Ryan: These arguments appear to be going nowhere. Both sides are repeating things multiple times and it doesnt seem to be going anywhere...and in my opinion it has started to detract from actual scum hunting.

Paradox: I think CKD brought up a lot of good points against him(although a few seemed to be stretches to me). But I did feel that para had failry decent responses....although my suspicions of him from earlier are still there.

And again: GoW needs to post more.

And i agree with ryan: vote count?
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

Okay, I see where I made a mistake that kinda threw me off... in my post 755, I made a reference to post 475, in which I said that Simenon was not explaining himself. That was me going dyslexic and switching the first two numbers. The post I was referring to was post
. So, when Simenon responded and bolded his responses, I didn't realize that he had already posted those, I thought that he had added the bolded parts in. I thought he had used the "already explained" post as a format to explain everything. When I looked back at my post and saw 475, I went back to read it, and it was a post by ryan. So what I've been saying about him not responding, I lighten up a little on that. My mistake, not his.

However, I still believe he is a good lynch candidate. I think that the posts he has made since then have been scummy. He had replied with one liner sarcastic comments, failed to present an argument that I find plausible, appealed to emotion, dodged questions... shall I continue?

No I shall not, because it is obvious it is getting on people's nerves, and it is not making any progress, so I will leave it at that. Simenon is still my top subject, I want him lynched today, but it seems that this argument has completely consumed my attention. And that is not good. I will post my thoughts on Paradox soon, as I am suspicious of him as well, from the whole thing with CKD... but too tired now.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:30 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm replacing God of Wine, he's yet to pick up the prod. I'm also going to extend the deadline. It's extended until Sunday 28th October.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:47 am

Post by Simenon »

He had replied with
one liner sarcastic comments
, failed to present an argument that I find plausible,
appealed to emotion
, dodged questions
Why is the former scummy and back up the latter.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:11 am

Post by theopor_COD »

TheNinthLayer replaces God of Wine as of now
TheNinthLayer
TheNinthLayer
Townie
TheNinthLayer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:13 am

Post by TheNinthLayer »

Hello everyone.

So basically this thread is 34ish pages long, I'm going to start reading it and when I'm done I'll post on the impressions I got of all the players based on happenings in the thread.
[color=blue][b]WATER[/b][/color]
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:53 am

Post by kabenon007 »

I suppose that one liner sarcastic comments could be just scummy to me, but I find them incredibly unhelpful to the town as a whole, considering we want to give the town, upon our deaths, as much information as possible, and one liners do not give information. As for appeals to emotion, I will get to that, I just have to do some school stuff today, and then I can sort that out.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:29 pm

Post by ryan »

TheNinthLayer wrote:Hello everyone.

So basically this thread is 34ish pages long, I'm going to start reading it and when I'm done I'll post on the impressions I got of all the players based on happenings in the thread.
Welcome
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:03 am

TheNinthLayer wrote:Hello everyone.

currently your vote is on me..care to unvote?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by ryan »

theopor_COD wrote:
TheNinthLayer replaces God of Wine as of now
Are we getting a new vote count for a new page?
pdcakes
pdcakes
Goon
pdcakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:19 am

Post by pdcakes »

i agree with ryan, can we get a vote count.

And ninth welcome to the game. also how is your read through going?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Gorgon »

Yeah Ninth, still with us?

Also, where the heck is Thin_Man?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:32 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm on the votecount case.

Ditto prodding Thin_Man.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”