New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:59 am

Post by zakk »

oh and also he joined in 2011
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Titus »

*bats eyelashes* Zakk is flailing guys. Desperately scumreading random people in thread.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 2.3

The Eiffel Tower in France!

zakk (4) - Lowell, Titus, Shaziro, Ircher
Titus (2) - cytheflyguy, zakk
Aneninen (1) - projectmatt
copper223 (1) - Nahdia
projectmatt (1) - Aneninen
MagnaOfIllusion (1) - copper223
drmyshottyizsik (1) - Kop
Kop (1) - Expedience
Ircher (1) - drmyshottyizsik

Not voting (4) - Liger_zero, MagnaOfIllusion, Egg, Nosferatu

With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch someone.

(expired on 2016-06-21 09:44:00) remain until day end.

MagnaOfIllusion is V/LA until June 11.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 2601, Titus wrote:*bats eyelashes* Zakk is flailing guys. Desperately scumreading random people in thread.
He's another one whom I'm unwilling to vote for.

I'm summarizing these town-reads soon.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Aneninen »

Players I don't want to lynch. And I'm trying to keep it short.

Expedience
. His general attitude. I can see a town-mindset behind. He keeps digging up good points and pointing out interesting things.

Zakk
. Firstly, when he was scum in Killer Instinct he was much more cautious. Right now he's been picking up fights with half of the playerlists. He's pushing terrible wagons – and I don't think any of them will ever go to lynch. I mean, as scum he'd grab every possibility to jump on a more viable counter, eg. Kop, me, whoever. Thirdly, his , which we seem to have forgotten about. I didn't like the idea of that town-block at all, but TheBrawl and Persivul flipped town and I think Ircher's town too (and Egg may be so as well).

Ircher
. He's done nothing that has made me to change my read on him.

Copper
. Not only looks his mindset town but it's also very transparent. The amount of effort taken is not an alignment tell in itself, but he's trying to get a read on everyone. Also, the fact he's pushing Magna. There are quite a lot of players who think there must be a scum in the Neighbourhood. If he were scum, he would be digging his own grave by pushing Magna. Consider this: if Magna gets lynched and he flips town, who's going to look the scummiest in the Hood? (Okay, in theory it's possible that both Magna and him are scums, but f-ck this shyt if it's so.)

Lowell
. He's not too active, but whenever he posts, it makes sense. Although there are quite a lot of reads I disagree/I can't see where is it from (the most important names: Shaziro, Nosferatu, Matt, Ircher, Copper, Kop, Nahdia, Titus) – Lowell, you could tell me more about those!

Titus
. This is partly personal, but I'll try to explain. I think she wanted to see some more pressure on me to confirm her townread (whether I act the same way again as I did in the previous game mentioned by her). Although as I said before, my reactions can be very different regardless of my alignment (examples will be given if needed), I don't think scum-Titus would have ever wasted time on a thing like this.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:08 am

Post by projectmatt »

@Anen, once again, your attack feels less like a sincere attack and more like a really bad OMGUS due to the fact that I've been pushing on you the most severely. Your misrepresentation of my post is also really, really bad. I claimed that I couldn't see a town motivation for Copper's post, and I wanted him or someone else to explain the rationale behind it. I never claimed that my reads don't evolve - I said that they've remained the same in the past 5 or 6 real life days. Furthermore, I've stated my thoughts (as far I know) on all of the things that you've mentioned - and I find it silly to repeat myself unnecessarily. I still feel perfectly OK with my vote on you. Just for your sake though, I'll tell you more about the things that I believe I've already spoken about tonight when I get off work.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Shaziro »

...Kop -was- missing. What's your reason behind that, copper?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:11 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2599, zakk wrote:pmatt doesn't feel like a newb at all guys
I took a break for like a year, but I'm not really new. I think that I have a propensity to be generally suspected regardless of my alignment, and I think that's because I read/say things that tend to be more honest about where I'm coming from/my perspective, and they tend to get read as classic "scum tells" by other players.

I'm not saying that to whine or to excuse myself from anything I say, BTW. I'm not particularly bothered by Anen's vote on me, because he's scum. I just find it interesting that I generally come across that way.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Nosferatu »

btw if this is multiball 90% sure there's a representative of every scum team in the hood, so we should be looking for scum in the hood, not the scum in the hood.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2608, Nosferatu wrote:btw if this is multiball 90% sure there's a representative of every scum team in the hood, so we should be looking for scum in the hood, not the scum in the hood.
Is this a balance thing, or a ~reasons~ thing?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Ircher »

@Anen
Is Project the only person you really want to lynch atm?
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Egg »

Page 71:
Meh. Whole page is Titus vs Brawl and it's pretty boring. The biggest thing that stands out is Titus claiming that Brawl needs to "do one hell of a justification" to push Seth and Heur simply because they are policy lynch type players. Obviously, that doesn't mean they can't draw scum. They were both scummy before being replaced. Yeah, their play was pretty poor as well. That's different from scummy. They happened to be both. I don't think Brawl was confusing the two by any means. Even if he was, that doesn't make him scum (which his flip shows).

Page 72:
Call me crazy, but Nahdia feels very town for the "I see scum on both wagons" and refusal to join either after being prompted by Titus to do so.

Page 73:
Looks like drmy missed the fact that I kinda did react to his vote. But that's expected in a large game. I'd like to know why Magna thinks that is scummy of drmy, but drmy asked so I'm sure I'll see an answer.

Page 74:
Titus, was Anen really a "major wagon" with two votes?

Hmm. Shaziro looks better than Heur did. Kop is still scum though.

Persivul's "I wouldn't offer myself up for lynch if I was a power role" is obvtown. That lynch was so bad. I don't usually bother saying stuff like that after the fact but holy shit.

I don't see the point in Titus telling Persivul after his claim that there is a trend towards power roles being neighbors unless she was trying to bait him to change his claim or she was trying to get scum to shoot neighbors for some reason...

Page 75:
Hmm. I know I sounded ready to town read Shaziro, but the scolding of Killthestory right after ETL, Magna, and to an extent Titus just did the same, before catching up, reads as an attempt to fit in. This is especially true knowing that Killthestory was town.

Liger, what about zakk's posts read as "frustrated scum" to you? What would he be frustrated about as scum? He was voting the lead wagon which was on town. He was in a pretty good spot for Day 1 if he's scum. I know Persivul being town was unknown to you at that time, but I want to know where you were coming from. Also, with all of the talk of scum in the neighborhood, I want to know why Persivul being in the neighborhood made you LESS likely to vote him. Especially considering you said you'd rather lynch Persivul than Zakk, but had just voted Zakk while Persivul had the most votes.

I had to check when Shaziro made a point about Seth saying he's not "hard claiming" SK as opposed to simply "claiming" because it looked like a good point. However, Seth was responding to Copper who used the "hard claiming" phrase first.

Page 76:
I won't complain if a vig wants to kill Nos tonight.

Page 77:
Magna, you said you don't buy drmy's vote on me as a reaction test and conclude that he made the vote as scum. So I have to ask. If he's scum, what was the purpose of him voting me?

Not sure why Lowell thinks Brawl went "MIA" or that that's why the wagon fell apart a bit. Brawl was actively engaging Titus not long before this point in the game and the wagon clearly went away because Persivul's started gaining traction.

Page 78:
Whole page is dead town except zakk stating he has a town read on Nos. I understand where he's coming from, but it's not exactly solid.

Page 79:
I don't like that Kop finally posted and the only thing he found notable is that Killthestory made a bad post.

Page 80:
Is it that time already? Nothing but random BS and waiting for an awful, yet inevitible, lynch to go through. Is there any point in reading the rest of Day 1? Or should I skip to daystart today?

Page 81:
I agree with Persivul. Shaziro's question about no lynching looks like a standard new player question so Lowell calling it "contrived" is weird.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:13 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 2595, Aneninen wrote:
In post 2589, projectmatt wrote:I'm not going to lie - Copper's vote "analysis" where he is basically just tracking the votes reads as so strange and weird to me that
I can't figure out what the town motivation
is for doing something like that. Is there something I'm missing?
What's the purpose?
(
I'm p. sure someone already called him out on this but I'm lazy and don't remember
).

Also I should probably be more active and a large force in this game, but
every time I look through this thread I pretty much think to myself "huh, yeah, my reads are still fairly similar. cool."
, and
I'm not sure what to post.
I'll probably try to pull off some more analysis/in-depth reading for the sake of my own reads/.
Huh?
You can't see the town motivation but you can't see the purpose either. Therefore, it's scummy. Is that what you're saying?
Also, you mentioned that someone had called it out earlier. Are you hoping that someone else will launch a case you can jump on later?
But the other part is even worse.
How is it possible that your reads are NEVER evolving?
How is it possible that you don't have anything to post? For example you STILL haven't told us anything about the thing I've pointed out a couple of times.
How is it possible that you have NO opinion about eg. the Shotty-Ircher, the Titus-Zakk, the Nosferatu-Aneninen, etc-etc. things?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ProjectMatt

Oh Gods, how I hate to agree with Nosferatu, but his response to Matt tells us all:
In post 2591, Nosferatu wrote:its ok, it's totally normal for scum to have trouble figuring out when and what to post. You'll get it eventually :)
Nothing I disagree with

VOTE: ProjectMatt
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 2609, Shaziro wrote:
In post 2608, Nosferatu wrote:btw if this is multiball 90% sure there's a representative of every scum team in the hood, so we should be looking for scum in the hood, not the scum in the hood.
It's a "I've played in a large game with a neighbourhood before"
last.fm
gtkas
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2613, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2609, Shaziro wrote:
It's a "I've played in a large game with a neighbourhood before"
Ah, Option C, an ~experience~ thing. I'll actually give you some town points for that.

Also, is the Zakk wagon just dying? If so, I don't want to push Nos just yet, but I don't know that PM is super scummy either. Shotty might be the best target in my mind. Thoughts?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Nosferatu »

Why are you putting so much thought into when and who you're going to push?
last.fm
gtkas
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:48 am

Post by Shaziro »

Because I'd rather not mislynch 3 times in a row and lose like my first game, to be honest. I thought I was doing well until we lost big time, and I don't wanna make that mistake again. The "Right now" was not a "let's wait until later to push that" it was a "now they're looking null and I was potentially wrong, so I'm gonna leave that be".
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Nosferatu »

My first game I nailed scum to a cross D1 hehe.

we still made it to LyLo cause no one believed me tho...
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 2275, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2263, Nahdia wrote:hey so titus here's my list of 5 ppl for u to choose from

copper
expedience
projectmatt
aneninen
titus
there, filled in.
This was me giving you guys my list of people willing to lynch today btw.
last.fm
gtkas
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Well see, the mistake I made was thinking that a very major slip/tell/whatever that a scum had made wasn't as big as I thought it was. I was convinced of this by his scum partner, who I had pegged for town. I'm trying to improve my hunting and reasoning, so I'm genuinely sorry if I do a poor job of it.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 2617, Nosferatu wrote:My first game I nailed scum to a cross D1 hehe.

we still made it to LyLo cause no one believed me tho...
5. Do not use tiny text, cryptography or anything along those lines.
#freeShotty
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Expedience »

Tiny is subjective. I can read that perfectly fine and I'm phoneposting.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

actually easier on a phone, I can't read it at all.
#freeShotty
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Expedience »

You probably just have bad eyesight.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

"we still made it to LyLo cause no one believed me tho..." is what it says. Before you say this didn't happen, this was an offsite game.
last.fm
gtkas

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”