New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Lowell »

I like zakk's 2553 a lot, especially for calling out copper's ridiculous "vote analysis" as pure fluff.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:15 am

Post by zakk »

In post 2570, copper223 wrote:How am I covering it up when I just said I did not notice I had forgotten to write my thoughts on him until I had already posted? What is the benefit in me saying I noticed after posting as scum?
no this makes sense. i read it as "before i posted" but now i see what you're saying

you'll have to forgive me sometimes i'm a real sharpshooter when i think i found something

also you may have noticed that i'm really good at making really dumb little things seem really scummy... at least, to myself. :cool:
In post 2570, copper223 wrote:
You have a scum read on Lowell and are the only one that seems interested in that slot
so I'd certainly expect you to pay attention (as you have) if that read is real.
the fact that the bolded is even a thing that can be said

should have everyone's spidey sense tingling

just saying
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:15 am

Post by zakk »

In post 2575, Lowell wrote:I like zakk's 2553 a lot, especially for calling out copper's ridiculous "vote analysis" as pure fluff.
LOOOOOL OH NO YOU DONT
permanently retired

see here for more info
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:22 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 2575, Lowell wrote:I like zakk's 2553 a lot, especially for calling out copper's ridiculous "vote analysis" as pure fluff.
Ok you can hang.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Lowell »

So that egg can stfu about this, respectfully:

Shaziro: scum. his predecessor was bad, he is bad, everything is bad. The nos "case" in particular was maybe the most contrived thing I've seen
MagnaofIllusion: slightly scummy? I don't really remember, he's been a non-factor lately
Nosferatu: no read on him, nor am I going to try considering the head-games he played on me a few games ago.
Expedience: town. there was a stretch of the game awhile back where I felt his energy really moved things forward, in a pro-town way
drmyshotty: town. other than the long-standing (and confusing) feud between he and ircher, I don't see much scum there. he's been willing to engage and in general I'm okay with his productivity.
projectmatt: null. also a non-factor of late.
zakk: lean scum. I'm starting to lose some of the certainty I had on him a few pages ago. I liked several of his recent posts (esp 2553, see above) and his activity level has certainly been a boon. It's the kind of game where it's been easy for folks to hide (see, matt, nos, magna, etc.) so the fact that he hasn't tried to is probably a point in his favor.
Liger_zero: no idea
Ircher: lean scum. between he and shotty (who are inexorably linked in my mind) he in general looks worse. I get the vibe of someone trying to slow things down.
copper223: null. I want to know more here. I had a strong town read on him, but some people see it differently and I want to see why.
Egg: town, probably, but activity is low (I know, I know)
Kop: null
cytheflyguy: lean town. still on the the newbtown bandwagon with him, based almost entirely on his early comments. haven't seen anything to change my mind.
Aneninen: lean scum. I thought he started to crack yesterday under pressure. I'm not sure what happened today to change that.
Nahdia: town, though her "vote copper or else" schtick is starting to wear thin.
Titus: null. there's a lot to read here, I just can't decide.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Lowell »

@copp and zakk, ya'll ain't lynching me. move along.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:38 am

Post by zakk »

oh actually 2579 is good

it shows you've been paying attention

why haven't you been commenting on more things as they happen?
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:38 am

Post by zakk »

In post 2580, Lowell wrote:@copp and zakk, ya'll ain't lynching me. move along.
why are you including copper in this
permanently retired

see here for more info
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2537, drmyshottyizsik wrote:My point is why is he taking the time to defend you as well? He is trying to protect you.
Hi, I'm catching up right now. When I saw you do the "US? Who is your partner?" thing, I thought you were making a joke about the idea that you're grasping at straws. This is you saying it wasn't a joke. You just proved Copper's point. If you don't get the rope today, I know you should get it tomorrow.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2582, zakk wrote:
Especially given that, when called out for not including you, Lowell (whether it was on purpose or not, IDK. I think it might've been a mistake that he's for some reason trying to call a reaction test now? I don't know why town would lie about that either), he called you town.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:52 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 2581, zakk wrote:oh actually 2579 is good

it shows you've been paying attention

why haven't you been commenting on more things as they happen?
Because it's a large, and that would be tedious. Thanks for your appreciation, though I'd dispute that "paying attention" is a town tell.
In post 2582, zakk wrote:
Because of 2758?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:52 am

Post by Lowell »

edit: 2578
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:58 am

Post by zakk »

oh i missed that

how about you vote titus.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 2583, Shaziro wrote:
In post 2537, drmyshottyizsik wrote:My point is why is he taking the time to defend you as well? He is trying to protect you.
Hi, I'm catching up right now. When I saw you do the "US? Who is your partner?" thing, I thought you were making a joke about the idea that you're grasping at straws. This is you saying it wasn't a joke. You just proved Copper's point. If you don't get the rope today, I know you should get it tomorrow.
No, he proved my point. Copper reads such interactions as genuine.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by projectmatt »

I'm not going to lie - Copper's vote "analysis" where he is basically just tracking the votes reads as so strange and weird to me that I can't figure out what the town motivation is for doing something like that. Is there something I'm missing? What's the purpose? (I'm p. sure someone already called him out on this but I'm lazy and don't remember).

Also I should probably be more active and a large force in this game, but every time I look through this thread I pretty much think to myself "huh, yeah, my reads are still fairly similar. cool.", and I'm not sure what to post. I'll probably try to pull off some more analysis/in-depth reading for the sake of my own reads/.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2588, Ircher wrote:
In post 2583, Shaziro wrote:
No, he proved my point. Copper reads such interactions as genuine.
I think that's what I meant. I was pretty tired when reading that wall of Vote Analysis.

I feel like copper was trying to help town? I don't know how helpful it will be, to be honest. I know I can't quite chew through it well to get to his point. I would be interested to see a normal reads list of his though.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 2589, projectmatt wrote:I'm not going to lie - Copper's vote "analysis" where he is basically just tracking the votes reads as so strange and weird to me that I can't figure out what the town motivation is for doing something like that. Is there something I'm missing? What's the purpose? (I'm p. sure someone already called him out on this but I'm lazy and don't remember).

Also I should probably be more active and a large force in this game, but every time I look through this thread I pretty much think to myself "huh, yeah, my reads are still fairly similar. cool.", and I'm not sure what to post. I'll probably try to pull off some more analysis/in-depth reading for the sake of my own reads/.
its ok, it's totally normal for scum to have trouble figuring out when and what to post. You'll get it eventually :)
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by copper223 »

@PM and Lowell
Are you guys serious? What is the point of tracking votes implies you claim that votes are NAI, is that what you are saying?

The purpose of tracking votes is to see who is joining which pushes at what time, how often they are voting for the wrong alignment, how often they and other players agree with each other and are on the same wagon
and
if there are game connections that explain why that is happening (I expect Titus/Ircher to vote the same players, they are either buddies committed to stick to each other or a little town block, I do not expect players that haven't interacted with each other to do the same and if they do that is suspicious).

For town: if you just look at the table it's not going to help you, take your scum reads, go check what they are doing and who is doing the same thing and see if there are patterns of the overall strategy behind what scum is doing.

Yesterday scum had 3 nice town wagons, they were spoiled for choice, my best guess under those conditions is they didn't need to push any of the wagons in particular or were already behind a read (like me or Ircher) and just had to find a reason to hop onto one or the other, that's why I am looking at who used Titus as an excuse to join later or for the hipster scum(s) on the KTS wagon (and why I thought Anen might be the left-over on TBG).

@Egg
I decided to do to ETL what ETL does to others, randomly insult her and her game-play and see what would come of it, as you already mentioned your explanation doesn't make sense.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Before catching-up.
I don't think Seth's post about me was worth a ban.
When I read it I literally lol-ed. I even quoted some parts of it at my workplace with the comment "wow, he actually described everything that I've been doing all the time!"
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 2491, Titus wrote:@Anen, Because I a) want to see who jumps and b) I am not going to hard defend you to the point of denying information when you're fully capable of actually doing well.
Okay, that makes sense.
In post 2493, Titus wrote:Anen feels just like Open 627 where I scumpainted him good. Right now between the two of you,I would take him because I an talk to him.
For your information: my gamestyle greatly depends on non-alignment factors, eg. how much time I have, what sort of play I choose before the game even starts, etc.
In post 2504, cytheflyguy wrote:Ok, doe, as of NOW I am going to try to take this game seriously lol.

I only have one real reason why I'm voting Titus, but I feel it's an important one: She is too much in a leadership position for two people to be killed by non town to kill her.
The only way I can reasonably see that she is town is if someone attacked her, but they were either roleblocked, she had a bulletproof vest on, or the doctor healed her.
Wait-oh.
There were THREE Nightkills. More than enough for a Night.
The bolded part suggests that you actually
know
about a fourth Nightkill which went to Titus and it's missing now.
WTF?!

As for Copper's reads, table and everything. ( and around.)
Magna. Good finding about his voting pattern! Indeed, if there's one scum in the Hood, he's the most likely. As for the things happened in the Neighbourhood, I wasn't really able to follow it. He's on V/LA, as far as I can see, and I really want to see something from him as he's back. When did his V/LA start, by the way?
Nahdia. As I said, if I'm right about ProjectMatt, she must be scum, too. If I'm wrong, I don't know whether she's scum or bad-town. She refuses to talk to most of the players. It would be an interesting question who are townreading her and
why
Nosferatu. Scummy in himself; he may work together with Matt and Nahdia... but, and I'm contradicting myself, that would be too "obvious". I mean, the "centre" of this trio is Nahdia, and if she's town it's also possible that Matt and Nosferatu are only "riding the waves", hoping that Nahdia flips first.
ProjectMatt. He's done nothing recently which has changed my reads.
Egg. The only thing I can bring up against him is that he's never fully updated. He may be scum avoiding the pressure by this gameplay, but he may be town without enough time. I'd call him a possible investigation target. As for his read on me, I don't remember him having a strong read, somewhere between lean town and lean scum all the time.
In post 2520, copper223 wrote:I'll do the opposite where Titus is brazen scum later, I need some hours to break out of the mindset I am in now cause at the moment this world seems so likely I'd just confbias the shit out of every read.
Right now I don't think Titus is scum.
In post 2532, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 2524, Ircher wrote:Shotty's reads on me and Titus do not feel at all genuine.

Shotty literallly tries to find anything to throw dirt or shade at us, yet you find that genuine?
At US???? Who is your partner?
VOTE: Ircher
Sigh...
In post 2536, Titus wrote:Yeah, see this is fake. Us obviously in context says that Snotty is desperately throwing whatever he can at Ircher and me.
(That was a reaction to the post above)
If he hadn't voted for – surprise, surpirse! – Ircher, I'd call it fake. But it may be a simple tunnell-o-vision too.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 2553, zakk wrote:i was pretty impressed, then i was like wait, this is IIoA for town cred!, then i was like oh wait look at the post after it hell yeah!, then i was like -____-
Why was that important?
In post 2553, zakk wrote:then i was like... why did you skip the analysis of lowell?
Kop was missing, too.
In post 2554, zakk wrote:
In post 2482, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 2481, Shaziro wrote:Also I love that when zakk's wagon got some legs, you switched off. Seems like you got nervous about bussing him.
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO LYNC HIM FOR 100 DAMN PAGES
you haven't been trying very hard

vote me
In post 2555, zakk wrote:i think you know i'm gonna flip town but you know it'll make you look bad when i do
And why do you think he keeps tunnelling Ircher?
In post 2558, zakk wrote:titus needs to die

most

everyone vote titus
Not happening.
In post 2578, copper223 wrote:
Ok you can hang.
??? Where was this from?
In post 2589, projectmatt wrote:I'm not going to lie - Copper's vote "analysis" where he is basically just tracking the votes reads as so strange and weird to me that
I can't figure out what the town motivation
is for doing something like that. Is there something I'm missing?
What's the purpose?
(
I'm p. sure someone already called him out on this but I'm lazy and don't remember
).

Also I should probably be more active and a large force in this game, but
every time I look through this thread I pretty much think to myself "huh, yeah, my reads are still fairly similar. cool."
, and
I'm not sure what to post.
I'll probably try to pull off some more analysis/in-depth reading for the sake of my own reads/.
Huh?
You can't see the town motivation but you can't see the purpose either. Therefore, it's scummy. Is that what you're saying?
Also, you mentioned that someone had called it out earlier. Are you hoping that someone else will launch a case you can jump on later?
But the other part is even worse.
How is it possible that your reads are NEVER evolving?
How is it possible that you don't have anything to post? For example you STILL haven't told us anything about the thing I've pointed out a couple of times.
How is it possible that you have NO opinion about eg. the Shotty-Ircher, the Titus-Zakk, the Nosferatu-Aneninen, etc-etc. things?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ProjectMatt

Oh Gods, how I hate to agree with Nosferatu, but his response to Matt tells us all:
In post 2591, Nosferatu wrote:its ok, it's totally normal for scum to have trouble figuring out when and what to post. You'll get it eventually :)
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:26 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 2595, Aneninen wrote:??? Where was this from?
That was from being unappreciated, too many players here are writing random snippets without explanation or solely pushing their scum reads without discussion nor compromise with what others are saying and the results are there to be seen.

Ask Liger to confirm what was written in the PT if you don't believe me.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:05 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 2596, copper223 wrote: That was from being unappreciated, too many players here are writing random snippets without explanation or solely pushing their scum reads without discussion nor compromise with what others are saying and the results are there to be seen.
I've noticed the same. Although I don't think I'm better than the others. Maybe because I'm simply unwilling to vote for quite a couple of players. Including Lowell.
In post 2596, copper223 wrote: Ask Liger to confirm what was written in the PT if you don't believe me.
That would be useful if Liger and Magna posted something about that PT (as soon as they were back). As I said, I've had difficulties understanding what was going on there.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Lowell »

I want to agree with nos and anen on matt's 2589. It's bad. But I ISO'd him and I'm not sure he isn't just newbtown. Seems like almost TOO obvious a confession of scum-uncertainty.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:58 am

Post by zakk »

pmatt doesn't feel like a newb at all guys
permanently retired

see here for more info

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”