California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:13 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Cogito Ergo Sum: 1 (logicticus)
MrBuddyLee: 1 (Dragon Phoenix)
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by IH »

Tamuz wrote:I don't think that really works so well as a phrase IH.
Can you reproduce your thoughts in intelligible English. Like, what you did, but without the butchering.
No. Because the English language hates me.

But I'll try.

Like.... ok CES didn't think LML was guilty because of him using LACE like Pooky did.

I don't think he'd distinguish as town or scum that people got lucky based on alignment, based on that knowledge.
GlorkPodPodGlork wrote:I read your post and understood it completely. You stated that you thought you were wrong, but that you felt it might have been a safeclaim (something on which I would like you to elaborate, if you don't mind). You also stated that you wanted to reasess exactly why you were suspicious of Oman/IH and whether you still felt it was valid. Have you made that reasessment? Do you feel that your suspicions were valid? Why exactly did you suspect him to begin with?
Ok, thanks to Glork and his awesomeness, I am now confident of Talitha as not being town.

Why?

Declaring she was going to reassess something, and then completely forgetting about it, which means she's not taking her suspicions seriously. Thats how I'm viewing it anyway.
Talitha wrote:I was wrong about doubting his claim
- My intial reaction when the day broke was, 'OK, IH must certainly be town...' I obviously didn't post that as I do not like to announce a player as cleared.
- Someone else (can't remember who) mentioned safe claims
- Thought to myself.. 'Hmm, i bet LML was given Mercedes as a safe claim.. he was awfully willing to claim'
- Thought to myself.. 'Hmm, I wonder if the other scum have safe claims too'
- Thought to myself.. 'Hmm, I bet the mafia, if they are given safe claims, would be given lesser believable safe claims than 'Mercedes', as a balance thing'.
- Thought to myself.. 'Hmm, I guess IH isn't cleared after all.'
I take issue with your time process....

Based on Post 1345, this doesn't seem to be your thought process.
Talitha wrote:For me, it's back to the drawing board. I had two top suspects yesterday, one is now dead and the other one is less suspicious. Not cleared because mith might have been sneaky enough to give 'Innocent Fresnoer' (or whatever) as a safe claim. Anyway, what it means is that I will have to go back over the thread to see what made me suspicious of Oman/IH in the first place, and whether I still feel that way.
I'm drawing it off of this. I think Glork hit on something significant when he mentioned you not doing this.

vote:Talitha
Logictus, Mr. Grey, Pooky
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Why is Mr. Grey on your condorcet?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Talitha »

IH wrote:I think Glork hit on something significant when he mentioned you not doing this
I think *I* hit on something significant when I mentioned that me not doing this yet was because of my busy week, and recovering from said week. A small amount of patience please, m'dear.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Placeholder post. I will not be on line much the coming days as stated, so I am taking the opportunity when it comes. I read to the past series of posts and nothing jumps a me that makes me want to change my voting kist.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:43 pm

Post by Talitha »

I started reading over.
In post 51 foolinc lists all the COMC characters that he thinks could be in the game. He says that
the one's that seem the most likely to be the members of the mafia are of course Baron Danglars, Count de Morcerf aka Fernand Mondego, Monsieur De Villefort, and Gaspard Caderousse since they are the four that send Edmond Dantès to Château d'If.
Seems like he could be right about that.
He also mentions
we also have a possible doctor in D'avrigny
- his own claimed role. Something about this just seems weird to me. Like he wanted to get the 'D'avrigny = doctor' idea into people's minds right from the start. Maybe because he
is
the doctor, but I'm not sure.

I found this page of COMC character descriptions. It says:
Doctor d'Avrigny: This is the doctor who attends to the many "sicknesses" in the Villefort household. He is adamant that the deaths are due to poison, yet he does not reveals his suspicions to the public at Villefort's request.
Kinda sounds like it's possible he could be in league with Villefort. Could anyone who is familiar with the story comment on this, please?

I tend to doubt we have a 5 player mafia group though, and that's one thing in foolinc's favour.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:03 pm

Post by foolinc »

Talitha wrote:Kinda sounds like it's possible he could be in league with Villefort. Could anyone who is familiar with the story comment on this, please?
:roll: Read the freaking book or the free online Cliff Notes and get familiar with the book yourself.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:52 pm

Post by Talitha »

Piss off. I'm too busy reading the freaking THREAD.

*this close to asking for replacement*
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:46 am

I believe there is a general vaccuum in this game.

The amount of analysis being provided by the players is incredibly lacking for page 4 of a large game.

The general atmosphere seems to be one of apathy.

I find the current mood unacceptable and alarming.

Who wants to win this game?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:47 am

that should be day 4 btw.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Talitha »

(Sometimes I really wish I could edit my game posts...)

(The 'piss off' stands, though. But the part about asking for replacement was a dumb/unfair thing to say.)

Preview edit: I agree with Pooky.
Why aren't you voting, Pooky?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:06 am

I'm not sure yet who to vote for.

I feel in my bones that Gaspar is scum but I haven't done enough rereading to be satsified with putting a vote there and I haven't come up with any reason for why I feel so strongly about Gaspar that don't sound terribly silly.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:56 am

Post by IH »

Talitha wrote:I think *I* hit on something significant when I mentioned that me not doing this yet was because of my busy week, and recovering from said week. A small amount of patience please, m'dear.
Don't act like Mos ;_;

I know what you said, but I'm voting you, not because you haven't done it, but because I got the feel from one of your earlier posts that you hadn't remembered it until Gaspar mentioned it.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

OK, I reread a few things and I no longer think LML was a part of a killing team.

Reasoning: LML dueled Cubs and didn't die. You figure Cubs' power wasn't USELESS, so it should work on all members of the killing team(s) in this game. Since it didn't work on LML, you figure he's outside of that set of killers.

So did he really lie about Pooky just to screw up the game for town? Or was he telling the truth? It's pretty obvious he was lying for two reasons:

1) He started the day with Pooky as his #7 suspect.
2) He told Pooky to "wake up" earlier in the day, implying he thought Pooky was dumb town at the time, not scum.
3) Only later did he move Pooky up to #2 on his list, and still placed him behind Talitha.

Pooky's play looks decent lately.

Gaspar, you never answered my question: why'd you single me out when by all accounts (including VitR's) I have been an outstanding contributor? Pigheadedness or scumminess--that is the actual question.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Gaspar »

Yeah, I've not had the time to go through your post quote-by-quote. But the point I was going to make is that you're blowing most of your "outstanding contributions" out of proportion. Here is the beginning of the post I was working on, as saved in my notes:
Glorkspar's Notes wrote:Post 1262, as a reference for both myself and others following along....
I'm just going to number MBL's quotes rather than citing them all here to save space.

A few things on your "WALL O' TEXT," MBL.
1) A lot of what you listed as questions. I've already acknowledged that you have readily asked questions of others; my contention is with the fact that you didn't seem especially interested in giving your thoughts in light of said questions. Case in point: Quote #2, a question to IH. You ask him to give his best game as scum. IH never followed up on this request, and you
NEVER
mentioned it again. One would think that
if you were genuinely interested in hearing and analyzing the responses to the questions you ask, you would make sure that your questions/requests did not go unanswered
Tell me, MBL. Why exactly did you ask that question to IH?
What do you think of his lack-of-response?
Why didn't you say or do anything back when IH failed to respond?
Did you even notice that he didn't respond?
I'm not seeing how "but look at these questions I've asked!!" is a legitimate 'defense' against my accusations when you're obviously not even bothering to comment on the responses (or, apparently, the lack thereof).
<<EDIT>>
#10, you ask IH to post his thoughts on Mgm/Skruffs. He doesn't; you don't push him on it.
Others that fall into this category: 14,

2) This could be called 1a, because it does tie in with the previous point. A handful of your questions were completely open-ended and revealed no real conclusion on your part. #6, 7, and 8 were all of the "is this indicative of scum or not?" nature -- they all came from a list of things you said you wanted to investigate. Looking through your posts, I find that -- lo and behold! -- you didn't follow up on any of them! I mean, I could say something like "MBL: Contentless content or genuine, thoughtful musings?" just as easily as you have done.

3) A significant percentage of the comments you listed were made as direct responses to direct questions to you. Sure, if somebody actually calls to your attention a specific case/request/query, you'll respond. For example: Quotes #1, #3, #9
To say that you've made healthy contributions hardly applies to answering direct questions -- you, as a player, are expected to answer them, and you don't show the same kind of willingness to share your suspicions just by answering to others.

4) Even the questions you do ask which go answered immediately are never follwed up on by you. #11, 12,
Almost all of the posts that don't fall into one of these categories are centralized among about three (maybe four) general analysis posts. I noted that you quoted each of these statements individually, so as to make your post seem longer/more significant. Essentially, MBL, I'm perfectly willing to admit that you've made about one real, original, contributive post per day. Everything else is asking questions without following up on them, answering others' questions about your thoughts, or making vauge and inconclusive remarks (which you also never elaborate on).
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:29 am

Post by IH »

MBL. Cubs claimed what his action would do on scum, or probably I would guess mafia.

Now look at Thesp's alignment, and look at LML's alignment.

I was actually just thinking about this last night.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Cogito Ergo Sum has not posted in over 72 hours, and will be replaced as soon as a replacement is found.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:02 am

Post by IH »

Also Mr. Grey is in my condorcent, because I'm kind of curious what will happen if he's lynched, and I'd rather him be lynched than someone I don't have a read on I believe.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Setael replaces Cogito Ergo Sum.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:20 am

Post by foolinc »

IH wrote:MBL. Cubs claimed what his action would do on scum, or probably I would guess mafia.

Now look at Thesp's alignment, and look at LML's alignment.

I was actually just thinking about this last night.
There is a also the possibility that LML really did have two lives. I'm not sold on the other stuff, but giving the SK an extra life seems like a good idea to balance the game.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:33 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Gaspar wrote:Almost all of the posts that don't fall into one of these categories are centralized among about three (maybe four) general analysis posts. I noted that you quoted each of these statements individually, so as to make your post seem longer/more significant. Essentially, MBL, I'm perfectly willing to admit that you've made about one real, original, contributive post per day. Everything else is asking questions without following up on them, answering others' questions about your thoughts, or making vauge and inconclusive remarks (which you also never elaborate on).
I'm not saying I'm god's gift to this game, but I don't see how my play has distinguished me as "the most likely scum" to you. I understood VitR's suspicion of me--it was largely based on Adele's play, and as expected, it SOFTENED over time as he read my posts. Your suspicion of me INTENSIFIED, and that doesn't jive. Still doesn't, after your weak explanation.

Also:
Sarcastro wrote:You're right that I should probably be doing a better job of that. I admit that I've kind of just been wanting to finish off this day with an LML lynch and put in more effort starting tomorrow.
If I had to pick out two scum right now they'd be Sarc and Gaspar. Wildcard: all three people CES has voted have turned up dead town, plus the disappointment factor makes him tres sketch.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Sarcastro »

If I had to pick out two scum, one of them would probably be Sarc, too. I don't really know what's wrong with me in this game, but I'm having trouble deciding upon anything.

Hey, Pooky, who's the scum?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:43 am

I'm pretty sure I've already posted who I thought was scum.

My thoughts are currently unchanged from what I thought yesterday.

I'd have to be shown some pretty exciting stuff to change my mind.

I'm currently dismayed by how little I know about the thoughts of some other players in this game.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Eh, whatever. I choose to assume that Logicticus is scum, because I don't like his vote on CES.

Vote: logicticus
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Setael »

Hello all. I'm reading the thread and since I have to leave work I thought I'd just post what I have so far.

Zindaras is likely Town because of LoudMouthLee's post 62 accusing him. Oman also likely Town after this post and LML's post 68.

MoS (now Sarcastro) could be scum due to LML's post 75.

PlaysWithSquirrels (now Gaspar) votes Dragon Phoenix for being the 7th vote on Skruffs but has no problem with jeep placing the 8th vote and Oman placing the 9th vote not long after. Makes it look like the fact that he had a problem with the 7th vote was a lie. Also Post 100 looks very much like distancing from LML.

Oman "now IH" likely Town due to Post 88 which would be much too blatant of buddying up to LML. Also likely Town due to Thesp saying Oman's Skruffs vote was "off".

logicticus defends LML in post 105; I find it odd that he says he's getting good town vibes from Vitr because i kept thinking vitr was scum and was surprised when I saw he came up town when I checked the player list. Seems more likely logicticus knows vitr is town at this point due to prior info. Defends LML again in post 107. Not sure he would buddy up this obviously.

Adele (now Mr BuddyLee) likely Town from post 109. No reason to bus here if she was scum. Also looks Town due to LML's reaction to Adele in Post 136.

DragonPhoenix's post 115 looks scummy. Throws suspicion on both CubsFan, foolinc, jeep, logicticus, MoS, Skruffs and Zindy all for weak reasons, while at the same time clearing LML as Town. Also looks scummy in post 140 for telling us how "Town" his player analysis was. Jeep vote also looked scummy (I agree with Vitr's post 151 about it, even though he got talked out of it by MGM and xyzzy).

foolinc post 121 scummy. Staying under the radar and when he does post, just asks for clarification. He eventually gives a player analysis in which he is wishy washy on almost everyone, except jeep, MoS and skruffs and he merely parrots everyone else's arguments against them. clears LML as Town. This post looks very much like scum trying to look like they're scum hunting without actually doing so.

Talitha looks Town in post 134, especially if I'm right and playswithsquirrels (now Gaspar) is scum.

When Thesp comes in he distances from LML and likely PWS (now gaspar). He says "I like DP and xyzzy. I don't like LmL or Oman. I like the jeep hate. I find the Skruffs wagon uninteresting. Vote: LoudmouthLee, Oman, jeep, logicticus, Cogito Ergo Sum, PlaysWithSquirrels." I think he was distancing from LML and PWS and possibly DP which makes the others he named likely Town. This doesn't help much since I already knew CES was since I replaced him and xyzzy, skruffs and jeep are all dead. This leaves Oman and logicticus as likely Town (besides me of course).

LML's post 162 makes Adele (MrBuddyLee) and Zindy look Town. He picked apart their votes on him but not Thesp's.

DP's 170 has that condescending tone scum tend to get when they aren't being agreed with.

I won't make any conclusions or vote until I've read the whole thread, but that's what I've got so far.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”