New York 194: Guns N' Roses Mafia! (Day 8)

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Killthestory »

how the hell is fire playing the same as his town game? Like, can anyone safely say Fire is town here?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:28 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2625, Killthestory wrote:how the hell is fire playing the same as his town game? Like, can anyone safely say Fire is town here?
yes
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Killthestory »

dg I don't like ur reads they make me doubt my reads which are always right
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Performer »

In post 2627, Killthestory wrote:dg I don't like ur reads they make me doubt my reads which are always right
KTS, there is one idea I've been wrestling with , which could make a lot of the murky water clear, but I'm not super sure it'll be more beneficial than risky.

Also, I see what you're saying but Fire is like many if not most players in FM - there aren't any consistent signs that point to him being town...which is what I can say of his scum meta too. The only thing I could rely on was what he does in this particular game.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Performer »

In post 2626, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2625, Killthestory wrote:how the hell is fire playing the same as his town game? Like, can anyone safely say Fire is town here?
yes
I seriously wish Drip would provide more than just brief posts like these. It's day 5 jeez! Making things so hard to read. Argh! :mad:
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Performer »

Sigh. I'm going to take a break from FM for rest of today and come back tomorrow. If we have another mislynch, I 'm going to slit my wrists. :cry:
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Something_Smart »

don't say that, even as a joke
and also, don't be defeatist because I do think we can figure this out.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:11 am

Post by hebichan »

Something Smart asked me if I thought both kuroi and KTS could both be town yesterday. With Kuroi flipping town, what is your opinion on that now SS?

I came in here and my first statement was I though kuroi and KTS were both town. Which seemed to be an unpopular opinion at the time.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2632, hebichan wrote:Something Smart asked me if I thought both kuroi and KTS could both be town yesterday. With Kuroi flipping town, what is your opinion on that now SS?

I came in here and my first statement was I though kuroi and KTS were both town. Which seemed to be an unpopular opinion at the time.
You hammered your town read.
Why?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:21 am

Post by hebichan »

In post 2633, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2632, hebichan wrote:Something Smart asked me if I thought both kuroi and KTS could both be town yesterday. With Kuroi flipping town, what is your opinion on that now SS?

Why?
I didn't think it was hammer when I did it. In fact it wasn't, go back and read the mistake on the mod's behalf.

Also at that point it looked like I couldn't gain traction on a vote for you, or convince the town not to vote on kuroi. Who was the weaker of my two town reads over KTS.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2634, hebichan wrote:
In post 2633, Firebringer wrote:

Why?
I didn't think it was hammer when I did it. In fact it wasn't, go back and read the mistake on the mod's behalf.

Also at that point it looked like I couldn't gain traction on a vote for you, or convince the town not to vote on kuroi. Who was the weaker of my two town reads over KTS.
I know of the mod error, who do you think informed them that my vote wasn't on Kuroi?

It seems unreasonable that you didn't know that was hammer at the time, but I have seen town make that mistake several times, even scum sometimes weren't aware of their hammer.

I don't have good feelings on your slot right now.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:29 am

In post 2632, hebichan wrote:With Kuroi flipping town
???
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:30 am

SSmart is town.

VOTE: Hebichan

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:56 am

Post by RachMarie »

Didnt heb replace yume? are you back on that track again DGB?
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:57 am

Post by RachMarie »

oops my bad he replaced bugs not yume.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:16 am

In post 2639, RachMarie wrote:oops my bad he replaced bugs not yume.
Does that mean you'll join me?

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Given that Kuroi/KTS was TvT, I don't love how you came in and immediately called it as such but by the end of the day you were ready to lynch Kuroi and lynch KTS if he flipped town. You never gave much reasoning to that switch and now you're once again emphasizing that you called that initially.

I really liked your predecessor though
UNVOTE:
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 2641, Something_Smart wrote:

Given that Kuroi/KTS was TvT, I don't love how you came in and immediately called it as such but by the end of the day you were ready to lynch Kuroi and lynch KTS if he flipped town. You never gave much reasoning to that switch and now you're once again emphasizing that you called that initially.

I really liked your predecessor though
UNVOTE:
I was drawing attention to it because you were the one who convinced me to switch in the first place.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:45 pm

Fair enough.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:25 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2631, Something_Smart wrote:don't say that, even as a joke
This. Anyways...
In post 2596, Performer wrote:@Slandaar because at the time, I couldn't think of anyone other than you who hit 2 scum in your scumreads. It seemed way too exact so I was noting it as "coincidence? Or more than that?"
The point I am making is how would you know how many scum are in peoples scumreads without knowing all the scum?

I suppose you could mean I am the only one who said Ozgin/Fragger in a list but then that doesn't really matter as it's not like I, as scum, could predict they would be the first scum to die and then list them to make me look good or something? (I could have 3 scum in that list although it is an outdated list).
In post 2596, Performer wrote: In terms of the foresight accusation - I brought that up because it's incorrect FM theory from Dripping, to make a rash assumption like that.
Yes, but DGB obviously would know he isn't 'confirmed' town. It's an exaggerated read. Saying to be wary of calling him confirmed town, then saying you find it town, then he flips scum is very well... coincidental is your word.

The same impression is given when you are talking about how Aristo better flip scum or I will be looked at. He flipped town of course. You give of a sense of knowing their flip before hand.

When you changed your sig yesterday it gave the impression to me of gloating which is very much why I paid attention to you today. Perhaps you can explain that in some way too?

Unrelated
Spoiler:
I feel like I should have put more faith in this point as I am fairly sure Rach(Guy) is town:
In post 2310, Performer wrote:
In post 2286, Slandaar wrote:Most interesting thing in Fraggers ISO is:
In post 732, Fraggernaut wrote:I still wanna hear more from GuyFawkes, Ozgin, Snarky, & Boonskiies . Four days removed from deadline & they haven't provided much if anything.
In post 791, Fraggernaut wrote:I wanna hear more from Ozgin, either today or tomorrow since they've been lurky as all hell.
Specifically pulls up his buddy only a short time after naming 4.

It is an argument somewhat in favor of Kuroi but I don't know how much I should weight it. I feel lowish but eh.
Well if it's any solace, I've been having a hard time with those posts of Fragg as well. sigh.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Performer »

@SS well, the game has been growing in disappointment to me because we've had consistently vague posters like Slandaar and Drip, heavy lurkers, the passive aggressive jab at me from Drip, some outrageous post by Firebringer that is anti town and he brushed it off as if it was nothing.

@Slandaar uh. Oz & Frag flipped, I posted that regarding you somehow nailing them because it's incredibly rare that anyone nails more than 1 scum in a reads list before they flipped, and you kept scumreading the Kop slot for over 2 days without elaborating .

I'm very interested in your and KAAG's flips. VOTE: Slandaar
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Performer »

Regarding the sig , I changed it because it was funny that you were right on the mark up until d5, when you voted me .
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Performer »

If anyone has been keeping track of any proof in the pudding - Aris voted KAAG with me yesterday, Drixx voted KAAG after KAAG made a bad case against him, Snark had him on his scumreads.

And this continued vote on me, the strange questioning from Slandaar , and increasingly strange accusations - these don't sit well with me . If anyone thinks Slandaar or KAAG are still town, I'd like to hear it.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2645, Performer wrote:@Slandaar uh. Oz & Frag flipped, I posted that regarding you somehow nailing them because it's incredibly rare that anyone nails more than 1 scum in a reads list before they flipped
Meta me. Incredibly rare seems wrong. 2/5 isn't that good (3/5 is good but doubt it is).
In post 2645, Performer wrote: and you kept scumreading the Kop slot for over 2 days
without elaborating
Untrue.
Spoiler:
In post 1055, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1027, Egg wrote: Slandaar, my question was phrased in the sense that whoever we were talking about WAS a VT. He believed that person to be scum. So he answered the question about VTs first, used the word "but", and continued to hold his original position.
I understand what you are saying but I disagree and think there is a disconnect. If a VT shouldn't be worried about anything then that seems like reason to suspect him for not being a VT you need not add 'but still he could be scum'. The second implies the first point isn't an argument against. You could argue perhaps the first point about VT is just complete theory but I will go further and say: I highly highly doubt Kop who posted:
In post 638, Kop wrote:Actually not contributing a lot to peoples posts, and is just basically saying this is town this is scum, without actually engaging into the content that is here. If your failing to actually contribute to posts that you are quoting, you can't say anything incriminating or leaving your self up to possible contradictions.
Would think 'VT's shouldn't be worried about anything but that doesn't mean VT's are not worried about things'. I would expect him to jump on it to some extent.

Maybe I will post the larger argument against Kop (Aristo) ... I guess I have to :(

Most of Kop's content is theory and being helpful, trying to sound pro-town, while not actually posting content. I pulled him up on this here:
In post 459, Slandaar wrote:
In post 445, Kop wrote:These 2 posts aren't pleasing me. I think my vote on Creature looks like it'll be staying. If you can give me a case on why Sircakes is scum, and if I can find something within it that I can agree with, I might reconsider my vote.
Yes, obviously, if someone makes a good point against another you should reconsider your vote. Thank you for stating that. Very town.
Sounds nice and pro-town but it alerted me to him.

He then focused on the no-lynch stuff way too much... (theory)
In post 638, Kop wrote:and is just basically saying this is town this is scum
His vote on Iraon is awful and then the question becomes why not DGB? why didn't he mention her?

Probably the best question (scumhunting) he asked he didn't follow up on which is also a negative for him. Lots of trying to be helpful + theory with a lack of actual content and the content he did post being very questionable.

I think the vote is good.
In post 1026, Slandaar wrote:OK I will post content.
In post 445, Kop wrote:
In post 342, Egg wrote:Why should a VT without much to add be worried about being taken out first?
A VT shouldn't be worried about anything, they should be doing the best they can to eat a nightkill
. But anyway, it still could be scum claiming an easy role.
The first point being made points to bugs being scum. (Bolded)
Therefore saying the second part makes no sense as he is implying the opposite!
(= scum)

There is more.
In post 2646, Performer wrote:Regarding the sig , I changed it because it was funny that you were right on the mark up until d5, when you voted me .
I Haven't really been that right.
In post 2647, Performer wrote:the strange questioning from Slandaar , and increasingly strange accusations
Which of my questions/accusations are strange?

Yesterday I was very sure you are scum, this morning I wasn't so but wanted to see how you respond, now I don't know but it felt like you were setting up to vote me today with an Aristo townflip yesterday and you have which really shouldn't have had any influence on anything.

If town are wrong so often and are so unlikely to be right 2/5 of the time then why would Aristo being town affect anything in terms of your read on me?
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:10 am

Post by Performer »

Hmm it looks like I've been mistaken. It's still weird to me that you tunneled that slot so long without having your read evolve, but that could be just a playstyle thing. Going back to KAAG then.
VOTE: KAAG

Other than me, who are you scumreading , Slandaar.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”