'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Unvote, Vote: Mariyta
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I will not be able to post content until tonight or next monday. I have an Ultimate tournament this weekend.
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Twenty-seventh Vote Count of Day Two:

-TinVision- - 3 (VitaminR, Battle Mage, Arafax)

dybeck - 2 (Mariyta, HackerHuck)
Arafax - 2 (AniX, Yosarian2)
PookyTheMagicalBear - 2 (Dasquian, Ectomancer)
Sudo_Nym - 1 (The Central Scrutinizer)
Dasquian - 1 (Sudo_Nym)
AniX - 1 (Sir.Laggalot)
Battle Mage - 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
HackerHuck - 1 (dybeck)
The Central Scrutinizer - 1 (-TinVision-)
Ectomancer - 1 (Crub)
Mariyta - 1 (Mastermind of Sin)

Not voting - 1 (cicero)

With eighteen present, ten votes will lynch normally.
At deadline (end of Monday, October 29th), 50% of cast votes (minimum 5) will lynch.
Currently there are seventeen cast votes, so nine would be required at deadline.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Ectomancer »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:I would like to
FOS: everyone on the Pooky wagon

@ Ecto: It doesn't matter whether there's only a cult or anything. I'm of the opinion that all we are dealing with is a cult, since there was no nightkill last night, but I suppose anything could really be going on at this point in the day. Back to my point however--it doesn't matter. We need to lynch someone who we think is anti-town. I still think Sudo_Nym is anti-town. I am suspicious of you (Ecto) and Mariyta for latching onto wagons that I think are targeting obv-town players.

I will remain voting Sudo_Nym in the hopes that you all will come to your senses, but I will switch to an Ecto or Mari wagon if only to avoid deadline lynching someone whom I think is innocent, or a no-lynch.
I think your pro-town/anti-town radar is jacked up. I'm also getting tired of this "obviously town" bullshit people keep using. If you've got something solid to state, spit it out, but quit trying to say that your opinion is a fact without backing it up.
I dont know if you are dense, but my point is that solely looking for a cult is bad play. By jumping on me for voting Pooky for doing that, you are going against your assertion that we should be hunting scum, and not focusing on finding a cult recruiter
that we don't even know exists

Since you are so hot on volunteering wagons you would happily join, let me add my name to yours TCS.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Ectomancer »

cicero wrote:Ectomancer, I asked Pooky a number of probling questions which he answered to my satisfaction. What do you make of his answers and why do you find them scummy. Please remember that I was out in front poking lurking Pooky and getting him to contribute in the first place.
You asked some general question to the town at large if I remember correct. If Pooky answered them for you, he did it in the midst of his grand proof that we have no mafia and the only sensible thing to be doing at this point is look for the cult recruiter. With no evidence of this, and holes in his asssertion that there is no possible way we could have a scum group, I would say that is scummy behavior.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

dybeck wrote:Cicero raises an excellent point.

Mariyta, who are my scummates?
Not surprising that when I posed the same question to you, it's ignored, but now you expect someone else to propose their alternate scum suspects.

I also don't like how MoS attacks Mariyta for her reponse (I assume at least) yet he ignored Dybeck for doing the same.

I find this cult "tunneling" equivalent to someone trying to tell us that we should be targeting the SK today. Not only are we guessing at its existence, I doubt anyone could tell me what the D1/2 tells are.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by cicero »

Ectomancer wrote:
cicero wrote:Ectomancer, I asked Pooky a number of probling questions which he answered to my satisfaction. What do you make of his answers and why do you find them scummy. Please remember that I was out in front poking lurking Pooky and getting him to contribute in the first place.
You asked some general question to the town at large if I remember correct. If Pooky answered them for you, he did it in the midst of his grand proof that we have no mafia and the only sensible thing to be doing at this point is look for the cult recruiter. With no evidence of this, and holes in his asssertion that there is no possible way we could have a scum group, I would say that is scummy behavior.
No offense but I think you need to go back and re-read the exchange.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Go back and pbp your questions and what you say are his answers to them and I'll address that, otherwise I explained why I placed a vote on him.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:21 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

HackerHuck wrote:
dybeck wrote:I find this cult "tunneling" equivalent to someone trying to tell us that we should be targeting the SK today. Not only are we guessing at its existence, I doubt anyone could tell me what the D1/2 tells are.
The tells supporting the existance of a cult on d 1/2 you mean? Indirect support exists and I could lay it out for you, but as I said, that same indirect support could be explained by other scenarios that don't involve a cult. That's why I agree with you that convincing the town that we should narrow our searching to cult hunting is ridiculous. Just be aware of the possibilities and go from there. The only "cult hunting" lynch that would make sense to me right now is Arafax, and that is off the basis of his latest behavior coupled with the fact that he would be the only real likely cult recruit suspect from N1. It would be the behavior I would vote for though, and not the chance to test a cult theory exclusively. That's why my search has been for a likely scum group other than the vanilla movie vamps we have. I believe that acum group would gladly push the town on a cult only hunting expedition and so when I see people doing it, yeah, that's a tell I'm looking for. It deserves my vote.

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:20 am

Post by cicero »

Ectomancer wrote:Go back and pbp your questions and what you say are his answers to them and I'll address that, otherwise I explained why I placed a vote on him.
The questions are easily found in post 1329 and his answers are in the very next post: 1330. You clearly didn't absorb them. I am not spoonfeeding you and wasting my time cutting and pasting them because you can't be bothered to read and want to throw votes around.
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:50 am

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

Unvote

I am going to rethink my vote for now.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Lagsy, you should vote for Tinvision.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Mariyta »

HackerHuck wrote:

Not surprising that when I posed the same question to you, it's ignored, but now you expect someone else to propose their alternate scum suspects.

I also don't like how MoS attacks Mariyta for her reponse (I assume at least) yet he ignored Dybeck for doing the same.
I'm highly disappointed in MOS's play as of late. He seems to be relying on mob mentality more than anything else. It's really quite sad, considering I know how great he can be.

As for my vote, I'm not moving it. I don't feel strong enough about anyone else to place my vote and I'd rather end the day knowing I was voting the person I felt was most scummy, even if no one else agrees.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:49 am

Post by dybeck »

HackerHuck wrote:

I beg your pardon. I must have overlooked it.

I think that the scum are, in descending order of scumminess:

Mariyta, HackerHuck, Tinvision, Yosarian2 and (at a guess) VitaminR.

Is that clear enough for you?

Now that there's a possibility of a wagon on my favorite scum suspect,
unvote, vote: Mariyta
. She's more dangerous because she's mastered the art of ducking back into hiding whenever anyone starts looking at her in a way that her scummates have not.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:I would like to
FOS: everyone on the Pooky wagon
Why?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Mariyta »

dybeck wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:

. She's more dangerous because she's mastered the art of ducking back into hiding whenever anyone starts looking at her in a way that her scummates have not.
Look all you want, baby. Go ahead and focus on me for an OMGUS like the scum you are.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Don't be an asshole. You referenced "some pointed questions" and when I scanned back through your posts, this stood out as your questions, and I really didnt see Pooky address them in particular.
As I said, if you want something specific answered, ask it specifically instead of vaguely referring back to something posted in the last 56 pages. Understand? If you want to get the answers you want, ask the question properly, or quit getting pissy when your vagueness gets you nothing you were after.
cicero wrote:OK... Things to consider.

Why is VitaminR voting Tinvision? He makes no case at all for this.

Why are Sudonym and Dasquian voting each other? OMGUS?

Why is Pooky voting Battlemage?

Why has Pooky never given us the in depth he promised me long long long ago?

Why has Yosarian kept his vote on Dasquian post claim when most others have shifted?

Why did the Sudonym wagon crumble? Just because I thought he was noob town?

These questions need answerin'. I'm sure there are others.

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:30 am

Post by cicero »

It's not pissy. or assholish. Go read 1329 and 1330. Those are the wrong pointed questions. In 1329 I asked POOKY some questions. He answered them in the next post. Sorry Ecto, I've liked your play for most of this game but at the moment you are the one being an asshole. Not me. And if you go back and read those you'll see that. You could have done it already but you've apparently decided to be stubborn instead.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Ectomancer »

If you had referenced those 2 posts in the FIRST place instead of that vague reference I already mentioned, then I would have gone DIRECTLY to those posts and commented. As it is, it is very evident that I HAD to go back and look in order to find that big list of questions in the first place, so quit your moaning and saying that I didnt bother to go back and look. I did and that's what stood out.
But instead of clarifying, you chose to be a jerk.

Now you are the one who completely missed the fact that I
did
reference his answers and dispute their validity in the very next and subsequent posts. Did you not even catch the fact that in his defense he says "If I were cult" blah blah blah? It isn't cult members who would propose solely focusing on a cult hunt, it would be members of a
scum
group pushing those 2 ideas, 1 that there is no possible viable scum group, and 2, that we should focus exclusively on finding this entirely speculative cult. Thus he has garnered my vote.
Next time you want a question answered, ask it specifically please instead of vaguely gesturing towards the last 56 pages of posts :x

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:59 am

Post by cicero »

I referenced them in 1384 directly. You came back in 1391 quoting the wrong post. so you clearly arent reading carefully.

And you can quote 56 pages of text all you want. There is a drop down menu at the bottom there where you can look at everthing everyone said a player at a time. Pooky has only posted two large posts. I dont think you'd have trouble finding them.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Ectomancer »

cicero wrote:I referenced them in 1384 directly. You came back in 1391 quoting the wrong post. so you clearly arent reading carefully.

And you can quote 56 pages of text all you want. There is a drop down menu at the bottom there where you can look at everthing everyone said a player at a time. Pooky has only posted two large posts. I dont think you'd have trouble finding them.
Seriously, get over it. You referenced them in 1384 AFTER I asked you to clarify with a pbp, I THEN posted the quote that I ORIGINALLY found that I THOUGHT you were referencing so that you would know where I was coming from when I say that if you want answers to SPECIFIC questions or posts, then ASK for them up front instead of the vague reference you made.

If you dont do that, you are not going to get the answers you want, and it has nothing to do with the person who makes an attempt to figure just what you are getting at.

Pooky has my vote right now. If you are quite done with this pissing contest, jump on or move along, but quit moaning over the fact that you were vague and those are the types of answers you will recieve when you are.

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:11 am

Post by cicero »

Right. I ask a question. You demand a post by post. I, instead of that send you directly to the two posts in question. You refuse to go read them and post questions from an unrelated post. But I'm the problem. Got it. (or you could just admit to yourself that you screwed up).

I don't have a problem with not accepting Pooky's approach. I have a problem with you finding what Pooky did scummy. I thought Pooky looked scummy all game for not posting, but here is what I do not understand in your logic: How do you go from seeing Pooky's cult approach as misguided to seeing it as suspicious. What would Pooky's motive be if he was just scum to put himself out there like that? I read all your posts after Pooky posted and you went from just disagreeing with it as a wise course of action to shifting your vote to Pooky for daring to suggest it in the first place. Why?

And if I read correctly, your suggested approach is just to systematically rolefish. No mass claim of course, just as much information as you can glean through repeated wagons.
Ectomancer in 1331 wrote: It was never my intentions to have as many claims as we do on day 2, but since it happened, I have been systematically pressuring people looking for either one of these claims to put to the test.
A mass claim is not in order at all, but a systematic approach to forcing claims by pressuring the most suspicious player is a valid one to take.

Can you not see how such an approach would benefit scum?

What do you think would be the result of a mass claim?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Ectomancer »

His putting it out there doesn't deserve action, the fact that other people were buying into it does. Its a bad suggestion and needs to be derailed. His plan, vote on him.

My approach to scum hunting is as valid as any. Pressure the scummiest you find until they squeal. If they don't squeal properly, lynch them. If you don't like it, feel free to pursue your own.

The result of a Mass Claim? Why, are you asking for one or suggesting that I have asked for one? Or are you simply curious as to what we might gain or lose from such a move?

dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:58 am

Post by dybeck »

Mariyta wrote:
dybeck wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:

Look all you want, baby. Go ahead and focus on me for an OMGUS like the scum you are.
You'll understand if I feel the urge to point out that my vote is not an OMGUS, and that I've had you fingered as scum since my very first poat. Your misrepresentation is noted.

If you're so confident that you won't get lynched, why don't you post some content for us? Now would be as good a time as any to start!
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:01 am

Post by cicero »

Ectomancer wrote: The result of a Mass Claim? Why, are you asking for one or suggesting that I have asked for one? Or are you simply curious as to what we might gain or lose from such a move?
I'm asking why you like systematic rolefishing but would oppose a mass claim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”